DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Death!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Wayne_Palmer
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 8 / 9 EXP: 8 / 9 EXP: 8 / 9
 88%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Death!!!! Reply with quote

Well as we all know that waiting 5 minutes before you can respawn is a great idea to assist rp, but when you see dead bodies laying there it leaves them very vulnerable to the theives of Dyso, my idea if possible was to be able to respawn straight away and after the respawn have the use of soulstones stopped for 5 minutes, this then leaves no dead bodies lying there and also enables us to actually spend time after death in the place we deserve to be.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a half bad idea

Easily do able

Prevents Grifeing

and you can do things in death, like re do inventory, you just cant come back

but, it still doesnt give a feel of a battle, when you have bodies everywhere, hehe i like that

Easyier Soultion: Make stealing, or at least Massive stealing from Dead People, aginest the EULA

Easiest soultion : be a good player and dont go it icon_sad.gif
pillb0x
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56
 44%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is possiable to have an unmakred "corpse" left from a players death.
You can even pick up these corpses and what not.

Just a thought, if someone wants to meet half way.
But, I like the current system so....no whining from me.

Kindo wrote:
Are you some kind of newspaper-editor-publisher thingie?

Conrad Hollows wrote:
15min of effort (on anything other than trying to max their character) is more than most are willing to give back ...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Wayne_Palmer
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 8 / 9 EXP: 8 / 9 EXP: 8 / 9
 88%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was not the reason i came up with the idea, its just that came in my head to prevent it. As soon as people reach Hell, Heaven, Limbo they straight away go to the portal and back to wherem ever they died to get their treasure, This will actually allow us to stay in hell etc for a short while, also see others that who suffered death, where do you go Nel?? i bet you'd become best of friends (if you already aint) to the master of after death icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif
Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nel goes to heaven, im not Nel , IM marine, I dont have Breast

I can go in to this farther, But the point is

Seperate the player, and the Chararcter
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death you die it hurts if people come as they do and pick at the bodies sorry that life.The idea is for death to be bad sorry this is a way of mitigating its effects.
Why should stealing be against the EULA i dont understand get friends protect yourself and your body.
Dead bodies are meant to nbe vunerable thats the idea consider the results of your actions before you leap in.Learn a new tactic run away avoid dont start sensless feuds.
Its fine the way it is possible extend death to 10 or 15 mins would be my suggestion
PP is fine the way it is too if you get caught alone yove only yerself to blame not the perps there doing what comes natural to them.Its a dangerous world out there live with it.Not make it all candy flossy in the words if the great Cleric Disneytopia
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
View users profile Send private message
Malakalam
PostWed 04/02/03 7:37pm
I thought stealing from a body gets you insta-killed?

did it change?

Nei
Hero

XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it doesn't get you insta killed. To be honest I like the 5 minute wait, and I like the looting of bodies if your friends leave you.. if you have any. I'd guarantee the number of raise dead and ressurection spells have increased on a scale I cannot even imagine. Furthermore, I'm all for the looting of bodies, why wouldn't an evil or greedy person take what they could from a vanquished foe? Now as players we shouldn't strip them clean, and of course good aligned characters probably shouldn't do it. But it really makes sense to me. I think the way death is a lot. I thought it was a little weak, and still kind of do, but as you get up in levels it really does cost a bit to die. Still getting off kind of easy though I think. The only thing I'd really change is an increased loss for those who are not rezzed. just my opinion though.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that idea wouldnt work too well to the exploit with which people can avoid going to the afterlife, or simply relogging. This way even if they relog or avoid death they still have the punishment of waiting 5 minutes.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I disagree here. That shouldn't be done. The thieving thing is VERY realistic. Really, I'm not kidding. It's so realistic, and it adds another element of danger to death, so that's good as well. People need to fear death. And this is one of the things because of which they fear it. So it's good.......

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marine436
PostWed 04/02/03 8:36pm
some realisum needs to be sarficed for Player fun

No one really Dies in a FPS ? eh?

catch my Drift

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I do, but what we are mainly trying to do is make a realistic and still fun game here.
Oh, and you obviously didn't play Counterstrike icon_razz.gif.

Also, this is some good realism. Without this, you would have some really stupid things. Because the people wait in the afterlife, they may decide to attack anyone who comes in for fun. That's just one thing.
If you remove that penalty, or change it to a lesser form, you take away some of the heavy weight of death, and that is not good. Because death should come at a very high price. That's what Gesh and Bri have been trying to do, they want to add some REAL fear of death, not like 2.x And this adds to that fear, so I truly believe that it is good.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want the EXP changed, Matter a Fact, I Think Death should be Very, very Fearful !

but, I dont want to lose my entier invendtory, when i die.
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then don't die!!!! This is EXACTLY what they were aiming for. They want more party play so someone doesn't rob your corpse. It also promotes fear of death, because you just exhibited it. Seriously, this is a brilliant thing. If your corpse gets looted, you'll be a lot more careful the next time, and it makes it more realistic and in the end also a nicer experience.

I'm not saying anything anymore on this topic, because this is basically just an opinion problem.

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current system is fine. If there's one thing that I don't want to happen to me when I'm playing a game is for the screen to go completely black, possibly lose items I've saved my hard earned gold for to looters, not be able to play the game for several minutes, automatically lose some of the aforementioned hard earned gold no matter what, and have at least the last hour of gameplay "wasted" in regards to XP gain. Rebirth will have a more "funner" death system, but I get the feeling that it's still not going to be something you look forward to, exactly.....
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think the current "steal from a dead person and you die" is one of the most f***ed up things put into the server. Where the hell is the roleplay in that?!

I've said to some ppl that there are 2 possible solutions to this problem, but I'll explain them now:

1. When you die, you can respawn instantly. However, you must wait 5 minutes in the afterlife before you can return to the prime material plane.

2. Thieves are limited to X amount of pickpockets on a corspe.

Damnit it's the most annoying thing getting killed for looting a corpse. It makes no sense in terms of roleplay, and I've no idea why it was implemented in the first place. But then dyso's always been anti-rogue.

Griff
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa. I didn't know this. Yeah, if we're going to have lootable corpses, then why kill people when they try to loot them? Either do the thing about the waiting in Heaven/Hell/Limbo and make a "fake" corpse, or make them fully lootable. But Griff's idea about a limited number of attempts on a corpse is good. My idea has been to have 1 item randomly selected from your inventory (not equipped) dropped with your corpse, and that's it. Not too scary, but scary enough.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreeed as Shadow Core said dont die.You dont want to lose yer things thats the idea FEAR so lets not go watering it down.And lets have FEAR the dead corpses should be lootable.To Stop looting have friends you can trust to stand over you.The dead have always been looted ask the Phareohs.
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
View users profile Send private message
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The dead have always been looted ask the Phareohs.

i tried but they weren't very talkative.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that when you die you should go hell or whereever and then wait 10 min. instead of 5.
If you want realism do perm. death and you drop everything... This is why death isint real.
M-K
PostThu 04/03/03 2:30am
yep id go with that idea too Norrec most wouldnt  Reply with quote

Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could deal with perma death

man, Nel sure would have a lot more friends if the only way to save your character is to have a cleric res it.
Norrec
PostThu 04/03/03 3:03am
I didnt really mean to do perm death. Perm death would ruin the server more than PGing and Cheating.  Reply with quote

Malakalam
PostThu 04/03/03 3:40am
How? it certainly hasn't ruined pen and paper.  Reply with quote

Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

man, Nel sure would have a lot more friends if the only way to save your character is to have a cleric res it.

considering she would Rez everyone

yes
Nei
Hero

XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malakalam wrote:
How? it certainly hasn't ruined pen and paper.

Good call! I agree here. It would be a total bitch, but bet you wouldn't be fighting trolls at level 5 or killing each other over insults now would ya?
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Marine436
PostThu 04/03/03 5:23am
hehehehe

Guess not

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you'd be pretty damned pissed if some lamer came a long throwing around some deaths spells and you fail a save as a lvl 20.

It would be nice, but some things should be seriously tweaked, and there would have to be a way to get a character back, because if there isn', and some lamer came along, you would be ruined for ever and ever.
What I would like is an afterlife, with some way of getting back, and then we could have the perma-death.

Kindo
PostThu 04/03/03 8:26am
Er, well I am sure the admins can get your character back if you somehow got killed in a lame way. Such as PKing.  Reply with quote

pyrosmurfs
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27
 25%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhhh PERM DEATH!

That sounds exciting, but as long as the admins could hook you back up if you got killed in a lame way. Lagg kills or lucky shots are REALLY annoying. *points to Soul Seekers*

*soul seeker sticks out tounge and runs through portal*

I've got em!

*runs through portal*

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon
--------------
RPG's I'm very excited about:
-PSO 1&2
-Final Fantasy 11
-World of War Craft
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: