DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums
 
GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Ellerina and the Friendly DM
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Author Message
Fadra StarFallingLight
Mortal


Joined: 09 Jan 2003
Posts: 13

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8
 37%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:43 am    Post subject: Ellerina and the Friendly DM Reply with quote

Okay,

Now I know I'm nothing special.. just a regular player of Dyso. The only thing that sets me apart from any other DM fodder is my ooc boyfriend, Fooz. He's a DM, and all ya'll DMs seem to think he's the best, because whenever we play together you decide to "make his day". This inevitably ends up killing me. Please consider this before sending a Soul Seeker after us in Ellerina when we're both level 3.

As for sending ANYTHING after ANYONE in Ellerina..come on! I was conducting BUSINESS with a SHOPKEEPER (overinflated prices and all) when I was killed tonight. As per the "King's Law" I was UNARMED. Can we see the logic in my complaint?
NO MORE DM CREATED ATTACKS IN ELLERINA -or- GET RID OF THE NO WEAPONS IN ELLERINA RULE
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zedium
Hero


Joined: 19 Sep 2002
Posts: 580

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59
 10%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think its just a random spawn, soul seekers have a small chance of coming through a rift gate at all times. Athough I thought it was smaller in ele. Its just Gesh´s sick humor.
_________________
A dungeon master's best twit filter is an ancient red dragon.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Y
Guest




Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif

I think your both paranoid ... <= (me tring to make new freinds)

I think you could ask Fooz who was the funny DM and solve that one in private

I think the DM is always right in his action

I think the DM is always right even if he is jealous because his girlfreind dont play with him.



icon_arrow.gif Ps: no it wasnt me, but now that i have you name, be sure i'll be all over you icon_cool.gif
Back to top
BriHurley
PostFri 04/04/03 1:01pm
Soul Seekers are a random occurance!  Reply with quote
 
M-K
PostFri 04/04/03 1:11pm
No cant see the logic in your argument  Reply with quote
 
Y
PostFri 04/04/03 1:13pm
whose ?  Reply with quote
 
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM


Joined: 14 Sep 2002
Posts: 1264

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never see fooz in dyso...icon_sad.gif. Always on at different times...
The soulseekers are not spawned by a DM. They just happen on occasion, slipping through the cracks in dimensional walls when a portal is used.
Generally events run in Eleriina would be small things drawing players to other areas or they would be things that would have a prelude warning you of something big about to happen. Generally you'd have time to escape if you don't feel up to the task.
Since this post was made today though you might refer to the undead attack or something? Well...not gonna go into that on the public channel but the person responsible has had his powers revoked for now. Balancing encounters is a difficult task for any DM, in particular a new one who has to renew his knowledge of the mod. DM'ing takes time to learn. So hopefully he's learning over the next few weeks. Don't be too hard on us all when we slip up on occasion. It's a tough job icon_wink.gif . Just don't forget we do our best to entertain you.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
M-K
PostFri 04/04/03 4:31pm
IT was about SS not the event to which I heard praise and intrest not criticism  Reply with quote
 
Marine436
Lamer


Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Posts: 1687

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Just don't forget we do our best to entertain you.

you do a damn good job also !!!
_________________
PHEAR DA CORD !
Back to top
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ogt
PostFri 04/04/03 5:25pm
i back up fadra 100% and anyone that contradicts her gets slapped!!!!!!  Reply with quote
 
Fadra StarFallingLight
Mortal


Joined: 09 Jan 2003
Posts: 13

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8
 37%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Alright, alright.. Reply with quote

I understand now.. Soul Seeker = random spawn.. but come on.. in Ellerina? I suppose it makes sense.. I don't like it (of course) but then that's the game and not my decision to make.. angel3.gif

As for more DMs kicking my heiny and more often..you are the DM, and I have learned (now) that questioning DMs in public is not tolerated, heh. Come kill me..I can take it.. I won't like it, but that's RP, right? My renewed sexy female half-orc might just need a handsome half-orc or three (hint! hint!) to protect her.. any volunteers? msn-wink.gif



HUG AN UNDERAPPRECIATED DM!!
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ogt
PostFri 04/04/03 5:37pm
HALF ORC?????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  Reply with quote
 
gaea106
PostFri 04/04/03 6:10pm
There are several fine male Half-Orc's in Dyso. I happen to know three... I will inquire for you.  Reply with quote
 
Little Teapot
Deity


Joined: 11 Sep 2002
Posts: 2332

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you make it so that sould seekers can only sneak in when a Riftgate is USED?

then it could make sense... more so, anyway...

and it would eliminate random killings in areas that don't get visitors very often...
_________________
Matthijs says:
   oh ja, ik weet het zonet nog niet
Matthijs says:
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kuma
Dyso MOD| Forum MOD


Joined: 09 Oct 2002
Posts: 371

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41
 97%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y wrote:

I think the DM is always right in his action


Load of crap. A DM is not always right in his actions, just because. A GOOD DM is right when he applies common sense and a mature and logical view to the problems around dysotopia.

A GOOD DM knows when he made a mistake, and apologizes for it. We have this fucked up idea of what a DM is, and once they get access to that other part of the game (I repeat, GAME) they become sort of gods in their own eyes, reason why A) not everyone should be made dm B) not everyone does have the wood it takes to be a dungeon master. C) they are also human, and therefore vulnerable to make mistakes.

And yes, making critics about DM in public is frowned upon, but I as a moderator, and I as a player of dysotopia do needed to share that.

I frown upon that sentence, even if it's meant to be a joke, or real. I frown upon it.

Be more careful with what you say in public, your image represents the power within dysotopia.

Kuma.
_________________
Ethis and Kuma
DysoForums Moderator
Back to top
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Z
PostSat 04/05/03 8:20am
I agree with Kuma, its the same with moderators too.....  Reply with quote
 
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child


Joined: 08 Oct 2002
Posts: 1390

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kindo is a great DM! emot-heartbeat.gif

But I disagree with the topic. I think that DM encounters are very nice to have, regardless of where and when, and if you, you die. Oh well. Life's not fair. I took 6 deaths in two days because of my drow heritage, arrogant paladins, being a sorcerer, and lag. But all in all, I'm still having fun!

Thing is, people shouldn't let a death get to them unless it is TOTALLY and ABSOLUTELY uncalled for, such as a DM clicking 'Kill' on you. Besides, when you hit level 20, its nothing but boredom from there on out.
_________________
KitsuneJin - Fox Person
Drayfox - Half Dragon, Half Fox
Marquis (Pronounce Mahr-kee) - Leader; Person in charge.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity


Joined: 21 Sep 2002
Posts: 4068

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think Kindo is a great DM! emot-heartbeat.gif

kiss.gif

But hush, they might start suspecting something. Psst, paycheck is on its way...
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader


Joined: 07 Sep 2002
Posts: 2161

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I have learned is that it is nearly impossible to be right all the time. The best most can hope for is to be right most of the time ... and even that may be a long stretch. What tends to make the difference is how one handles those situations where you may have been wrong.
_________________
Envision something suitably witty here.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Glorin
The Badgermouthed


Joined: 04 Sep 2002
Posts: 4912

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop this argument

In conclusion, Foozbane is our god and we should worship him. And Fadra is his queen/whore. You know that fooz......
_________________
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Little Teapot
Deity


Joined: 11 Sep 2002
Posts: 2332

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[deleted]

Fadra Is AMAZIIING!!!!
emot-heartbeat.gif you FADRA!!!
_________________
Matthijs says:
   oh ja, ik weet het zonet nog niet
Matthijs says:
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!


Last edited by Little Teapot on Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tae
Master


Joined: 28 Feb 2003
Posts: 117

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20
 85%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Whispers in the wind*

Another option for Eleriina would be to put the rift gate in a building with a door. That would prevent random Seekers from stalking innocent citizens, and leave vulnerable those who choose to risk the porals. This might be something to take up with our good mayor, since the protection of the populus is her purvue, right?

Little Teapot wrote:
Could you make it so that sould seekers can only sneak in when a Riftgate is USED?

then it could make sense... more so, anyway...

and it would eliminate random killings in areas that don't get visitors very often...


Tae icon_biggrin.gif
_________________
Did someone say SHOPPING ???
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Ogt
Elder


Joined: 23 Sep 2002
Posts: 865

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey dont say bad words to fadra or i will get sad icon_cry.gif

now delete those mean words or im goin to put me sad face for many days sniff sniff
_________________
OGT the kung of the world!!!!!! king.gif
no more kitten =(
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Fadra StarFallingLight
Mortal


Joined: 09 Jan 2003
Posts: 13

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8
 37%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorin wrote:
Stop this argument

In conclusion, Foozbane is our god and we should worship him. And Fadra is his queen/whore. You know that fooz......


Goodness.. sounds like a little bit of jealousy there, sister.. step off, the man is MINE.

kiss.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glorin
PostSun 04/06/03 11:27pm
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  Reply with quote
 
Ogt
PostSun 04/06/03 11:33pm
icon_cry.gif  Reply with quote
 
Fadra StarFallingLight
Mortal


Joined: 09 Jan 2003
Posts: 13

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8
 37%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogt wrote:
icon_cry.gif


What's the matter, Oggy?
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kindo
PostMon 04/07/03 12:39am
Little Oggy Poggy is sad? Aaaaawwww.... hug? emot-heartbeat.gif  Reply with quote
 
Ogt
Elder


Joined: 23 Sep 2002
Posts: 865

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cause they call fadry names icon_sad.gif , and me oggytroopa dun work :


icon_cry.gif
_________________
OGT the kung of the world!!!!!! king.gif
no more kitten =(
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster


Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Posts: 252

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 28 / 33 EXP: 28 / 33 EXP: 28 / 33
 84%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Alright, alright.. Reply with quote

Fadra StarFallingLight wrote:
My renewed sexy female half-orc might just need a handsome half-orc or three (hint! hint!) to protect her.. any volunteers? msn-wink.gif



HUG AN UNDERAPPRECIATED DM!!


Fadra StarFallingLight,

I'm trying to set up my male half-orc friend, would you like me to set you up on a date?

Coral Reef,
_________________
Another carrier pigeon from

Coral Reef

I'm online 10 PM -> late EST -5 GMT

I host the social server
A Coral Reef

Come visit sometime!
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.2 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group