DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

eXiled Spirits <xS> *reconstructed*

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Messiah
Grandmaster

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 29 / 33 EXP: 29 / 33 EXP: 29 / 33
 87%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: eXiled Spirits <xS> *reconstructed* Reply with quote

eXiled Spirits <xS>

Reason:
Many people come to Dysotopia for some reason. Some find a way to survive while some are discriminated. Some gain power with their talent, and others just become an ordinary citizen and live with it. Nothing is wrong with living yourself as long as either one power or another dictates something on you, or changes the way you live with their powers.

A significant amount of people form the minority in the sense that they are either exiled to Dysotopia, or they feel like a foreigner in the realm. They might have difficulties adapting to the current situation, and to the current powers but they also have the strength to live with it, survive and even gain respect in their own way.

The ones who feel like they happen to be in this minority, sooner or later would realize that acting, as an individual wouldn't put them in the place they want to see themselves end up. They feel like they have to unite, and stand as one voice against the hard conditions of the realm. They think they have to exist, in an honorable way as one voice and they try to be a "part" of Dysotopia community in every aspect.

Aim:
Understanding the nature of things happening in Dysotopia at first glance. Negotiation is a very important aspect of this community. We believe and should act that war is not a solution unless it is really necessary. Wise politics and negotiation would solve much of the conflicts in most cases. Supporting the Dysotopia community in reaching peace and preserving the peace is one of the aims of an honorable existence. Being powerful enough to survive, to support each other and to preserve these aims is a need. Being respected and acting honorable are very important for us.

Conserving the mystery upon us, having some religious concerns are as important factors. We only want to show the top part of the iceberg to others and we won't show off about ourselves to the people. eXiled Spirits does not like the idea of monopolization of any kind. The guild will act against such monopolies as one voice in case it happens.

Guild Political Alignment:
Lawful Neutral

Founders:
Messiah - the evil side
Mentoras - the good side

Leaders:
Corsan Firebrand – External Affairs
Mira Kolder – Internal Affairs
Will Kolder – Leader of Warriors

Legends:
Little Jimmy – Legend of Espionage

Membership: We are neither a good guild, nor evil guild. Personal differences should remain personal, and should not reflect on the guild’s general political stance. xS is a DEMOCRATIC guild. Everyone should voice his/her opinion democratically. Decisions are made via voting as described in the by-laws.

By-laws:

1. Founders – Founders are members with the highest standing position in the guild. Founders are subject to all the requirements of other members; any exceptions are listed here in article 1.

1.1 Numbers - Founders should not number more than 1 founder to 5 leaders.

1.2 Appointment Process - Nomination to be founder can only be offered by unanimous vote of the current founders. Only leaders in good standing may be considered for founder.

1.3 Removal Process - Founders are intended as a permanent position. Only a resignation or unanimous vote of the guild members can remove a founder involuntarily.

1.4 Responsibilities - A founder is first of all a consultant to all members and leaders. He appoints the leaders to some various tasks such as being a leader in a battle, holding a guild event, giving rights to prepare some quests for other members, etc. He might either act as a diplomat of xS or dedicate another leader in political situations. For actions concerning a guild behavior as a whole, when a voting is not handled about some subject, permission from a founder is needed. A founder might offer membership to out of guild people.

1.5 Votes – Founders have one additional vote for both internal guild matters and external political matters (additional privilege to 4.4).

1.6 OOC Requirements/Restrictions – The same player may not control two characters in a founder position. The player’s character must be in a leadership position for at least 3 months in real time before consideration.

2. Leaders – Leaders are members charged with the day-to-day operations and decision making of the guild. Leaders are subject to all the requirements of other members; any exceptions are listed here in article 2.

2.1 Numbers - Leaders should not number more than 1 leader to 5 legends.

2.2 Appointment Process - Leadership nomination can be made for a guild member by any member. The nominee must have been a member in good standing for at least 2 months. At least one leader or founder must approve the nomination and set it up for member vote. At least 5 members and/or a majority vote, which ever is greater, should be received for the nominee to become a leader. Once the member has the five member votes the current leaders should approve his leadership and announce it to the guild.

2.3 Removal Process - If a member has cause or grievance with a leader then the member must submit a request to The Spirits to review the leader’s title. If the leadership finds cause the matter will be set up for a vote to the guild. At least 5 members and/or a majority vote, which ever is greater, should be received for the removal of leadership.

2.4 Responsibilities - Leaders should work in favor for all members. Leaders should meet at least once a month to review new memberships and other guild matters. Leaders should not announce a political stance on outside guild affairs unless the leadership majority has approved and the matter is brought to vote. A leader can call for a vote on a political issue.

2.5 Votes - Leaders have one additional vote in external political decisions only (additional privilege to 4.4).

2.6 OOC Requirements/Restrictions – The same player may not control two characters in a leader position. The player’s character must be in a legend position for at least 2 months in real time before consideration.

3. Legends - These people are the strong right arm of the leadership and organize the members in the event of war. The legends have two distinct but equal segments; warriors and magic users.

3.1 Numbers - Legends should not number more than 1 legend to 10 members.

3.2 Appointment Process – A legend may be suggested by the leadership, but the person must pass the battle trails and requirements of the section he would belong to. The Legends sections are allowed to create their own membership requirements and battle trials. The leadership has the authority to review and reject any plan made by the legends section if cause is found. The section leaders should create their requirements and battle plans and submit them to the leadership as soon as possible to be included in the by-laws.

3.3 Removal Process – The founders and leaders may at any time call a vote to remove a legend. The guild will vote and a majority decision will be respected.

3.4 Responsibilities – The legends are responsible for the security and battle readiness of the guild. They are also responsible for the training and equipping of other members. Any support that is required from the leaders or founders in any way will also be considered the responsibility of the legends.

3.5 Votes – Legends have one additional vote in internal guild affairs only (additional privilege to 4.4)

3.6 OOC Requirements/Restrictions – The same player may not control two characters in a legend position. The player’s character must be in a member position for at least 1 month in real time before consideration.

4. Members

4.1 Appointment Process - Any member, regardless of rank, may suggest a candidate for new membership. The member should notify the founders and leadership of the persons name, skills, and political standing. During the candidacy the sponsor member will educate the candidate on guild affairs and introduce him to our brethren. During this candidacy time period the candidate should be introduced to at least one member of the founder or leadership groups. If the leaders approve of the candidate the matter will go for vote. The membership is granted if all the leaders approve and the majority of the guild approves. (OOC candidacy will be for at least one week real time)

4.2 Removal Process – A member may be removed by unanimous vote by the guild leaders. Any member may file a grievance with the leaders against another member for review.

4.3 Responsibilities – Members should follow the following guidelines.

4.3.1 A member should never ever kill another member! Attend the monthly gatherings to get to know all your brethren.

4.3.2 Each member should assist his/her guild brethren as much as possible, monetarily, in training and with equipment. Spare items shall be given to any other member without request for compensation, especially new members.

4.3.3 A member must notify the leadership of political movements or events that they become aware of. Any "xS member hunting" being conducted by other guilds or groups should be reported immediately and documented appropriately.

4.3.4 Opportunities for generating wealth and improving the status of the guild should also be brought to the leadership’s attention immediately.

4.4 Votes - Each member has one vote for internal guild matters and one vote for external political matters.

5. Other OOC Restrictions/Requirements

5.1 Dysotopia rules - All members are expected to follow the EULA and other rules and of Dysotopia. Membership of a player and all characters he/she plays may be reviewed by the guild if DM or Mod punishment of a player takes place. This by-law decision for banishment for OOC reasons supercedes the Removal Processes for all ranks.

5.2 Role playing – All players are expected to role play their characters to the best of their ability.

5.3 Non Member Player Conflicts - As a representative of the guild, player conflicts with non-members may reflect on the guild. If a situation escalates or you feel you need help from the guild you might make a note of it in the private xS forum. The leadership will try to mediate the disagreement and make a guild decision if resolution can not be reached. Everyone should obey the resulting decision.

5.4 Member Player Conflicts – If a player has a conflict with another member, the members should notify the leadership via Private Message. Do not post member conflicts on the private or public forums. The leadership will try to mediate the disagreement and make a guild decision if resolution can not be reached. Everyone should obey the resulting decision.

5.5 Forums - Each member should have an account at forums for proper communication with the guild. Members are asked not to post guild matters in the public forums without prior permission from the guild leadership.

5.6 Character Alignment & Race – The common policy of the guild is lawful neutral. This does not mean any alignment of the members should be neutral, but the political act of the guild will be that way. The guild accepts all races.

5.7 Voting - During voting a player may only vote one time, and as his/her highest ranking character in the guild.

-----------------------------------------------------
Thanks to all members of xS for their contributions and voting
Special thanks to Mira , Will and Messiah for preparing this constitution

" I want a reason to die for , to make it beautiful to live "

Founder - coleader of the eXiled Spirits<xS>

Last edited by Messiah on Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message
Glorin
PostSun 04/06/03 5:55pm
holy crap thats long.. cool.gif  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that Gaea was to take over the exiled spirits. Good move, in my opinion. Might remove the stamp saying "powerlamer guild". icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nil
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 8 / 9 EXP: 8 / 9 EXP: 8 / 9
 88%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well kindo I dont know where you get your information, but it is in obvious error.
While its true gaea is a leader and has brought alot to the guild she is still a leader just like myself. Will Kolder leader xS
Kindo
PostSun 04/06/03 7:17pm
Doesn't matter. Gaea has a relevant post in the guild, and she will eb mroe than capable of removing the powerlaming aspects from it.  Reply with quote

Messiah
PostSun 04/06/03 7:25pm
emot-heartbeat.gif kiss.gif

Last edited by Messiah on Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your heart is so full of powerlameing, manipulating lameass lies that you are not entitled to use either the heart nor the kiss emoticon. Stop at once.

(And yes, I hate your personally)

Last edited by Kindo on Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
blane firebrand
Adept

Level: 7
XP
EXP: 8 / 16 EXP: 8 / 16 EXP: 8 / 16
 50%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to go with will here, yes Gaea is a member and a leader but so am i, Corsan Firebrand, along with a few others so you are obviously misinformed as usual. Its not that big of a deal but she was the one to do the post on an agreement by the rest of the guild. We all have a say so in what goes on.
blane firebrand
Adept

Level: 7
XP
EXP: 8 / 16 EXP: 8 / 16 EXP: 8 / 16
 50%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok this is rediculous, please keep your personal views of each other to tells or pms since this is to show the rest of dyso what xs is about and not to have a childish fight public to try to make anyone look bad.
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what exactly does exiled spirits mean anyway? thats something i've always wondered, seems like it refers to the afterlife and things being isolated. Is it supposed to mean some sort of Hellish plain containing corrupted spirits or something.... icon_confused.gif
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: What? Reply with quote

Kindo, not sure where you get your information from. The statement above is misleading and poorly phrased at best.

I am a leader of xS. It is a democratic guild. All of the leaders are focused on bringing the guild into the game and making it the best that it can be. I have been working with the other leaders and the founders to reorganize and strengthen the guild, the modification of the constitution above is one example of the things that we are working on.

However it would be grossly incorrect to say that I am "taking over". That would imply that I alone am making decisions. That is completely incorrect. I like to think that I have a lot of positive input; whatever I suggest is voted upon and modified by the entire leading body, as is any of the suggestions and work of any other member.

I am sure that this post will help to clarify the statements above. Let's try to keep everything clear and above board. If anyone has questions about any of this please PM one of the founders or leaders of xS. We will be most happy to answer any questions that you may have.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorin wrote:
what exactly does exiled spirits mean anyway? thats something i've always wondered, seems like it refers to the afterlife and things being isolated. Is it supposed to mean some sort of Hellish plain containing corrupted spirits or something.... icon_confused.gif

[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Okay Reply with quote

Yes Glorin I saw your post. In answer to your question the name refers to our guild history. Our guild artisan is currently writing out our histories for us.

Basically in summary, our guild in character was formed by a group of people of all different races and alignments banded together in response to the threat of Drow invasion into our ancestors lands. The battle between them and the drow left only a remenant of our society and the land was wasted after many years of blood and battle. So the survivors after the battle was won, made their way to Dysotopia to build a new home. The guild was formed to ensure our remaining unified and building a strong community. Our interest is in the balance of power in Dysotopia so we can continue to live and grow in peace in these lands and keeping alive the spirit of fellowship that our ancestors had.

We look forward to writing all of this out and posting it here in the near future.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Amused Frog
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for a full members list. Or is that it at the top? In that case, why does your group only consist of leaders? Is it a communist society or what?
Aw shucks icon_wink.gif

ff1hand.gifImage03.gifImage31.gif
kental-sin
Master

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 1 / 33 EXP: 1 / 33 EXP: 1 / 33
 3%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe messiah you pick the great times to come back hehe would have loved for you to come back before the restart well this char at least icon_smile.gif

Tempest Steel
View users profile Send private message Send email
Finnmih
Mortal

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 3 / 11 EXP: 3 / 11 EXP: 3 / 11
 27%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Members list will not to be published. Leaders are known so anyone that wants to apply to xS can reach them. And believe me Kental ... Messiah never left icon_smile.gif...
and about the ones that asking what xS is truly mean... (like a leader of Cyric who is wondering) ...i tell you in few words for now...well eXiled Spirits was an idea of Messiah in difficult times (when the WR was killing for no reason and pretend to be a lawful good guild) to gather all the good players and protect ourselves from injustice with no alligment restrictions, just create a guild that supports everyone and keeps its word without deceiving everyone. I'm sure that Glorin will distort my words ... but he has to do sth icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
The_Wretched
Noob

XP
EXP: 7 / 9 EXP: 7 / 9 EXP: 7 / 9
 77%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,did this guild die or what ? What a constitution made up here ? I am amazed ... I can't see ANY GUILDS in the game like these , that's not good.

Hey what happened to these guys anyway ?
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, they were banned for being an OOC guild, without ANY IC character ties, not acting IC, planning things through OOC player links, even trying to get other guilds to leave, and mainly being assholes and ruining the environment for others. They may look good, but in fact, they were claiming to be a neutral, evil and good guild at the same time, leading to many conflicts besides their general assholelikeness. Ofcourse, not EVERYONE in there was like that, but the main bulk(and leaders) were....

Glorin
PostSun 07/06/03 9:01pm
they were here to take over the server  Reply with quote

The_Wretched
Noob

XP
EXP: 7 / 9 EXP: 7 / 9 EXP: 7 / 9
 77%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how can one group of people can take over the server ? I guess they had a/some DMs in their server to get it ?

I mean was taking over the server OOC or IC ? If IC that should be ok , but I still can't understand how can a group of people , a guild take over a server without the help of DMs ?

That is kinda paranoid otherwise it seems ..
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was OOC, The BoC were a group who would take over a server simply by having the most members and running all guilds out of the server and blah blah blah everyone in the server is BoC....Brother Jarent was banned, then he came back as Messiah, started this, then came back as Froja....Trust me, its old news. Dont sweat over it
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Dark / Omen
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 20 / 22 EXP: 20 / 22 EXP: 20 / 22
 90%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i cant believe that XS is still being talked about the XS has been dead disparted broken up for some months now but ok. Being an X memeber of XS i can say all the memebers didnt ack like most thank it was. When i joined as Omen i was under the conclusion that XS was a guild basicly for the misfits the ones that didnt meet the reqirements for other guilds like the OSB and the thiefs guild that was going back then.But i will admit the good and evil thing didnt set in to well with me and i thought the two should of been spitted in half and go our seperate ways. But as for taking over the server was alittle blown out we were not out to take the server over theres no way it could of been done ill be truthful the evil side of the Guild was looking to run off the OSB and the newly formed WG at the time but what evil group wasnt just we had the means and the ways to do it at the time so it made alot of people worrie. But thats over and done with sense a few memebers went and broke the rules and had conflicts with half the DM's and got the XS broken up which i see why and understand good and evil are not supposed to work well togther and i played Omen that way Omen and Mira would about get in drag out fights even over little stuff but thats a thing in the past and its over so im leaving it be and dead where it should be and on with the new. Good day woo hoo hehe
Uin
PostTue 07/08/03 11:17am
And with that nice final note from Omen... *locked*  Reply with quote

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: