DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

POWERGAMING RETARDS 1, ROLEPLAYERS 0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: POWERGAMING RETARDS 1, ROLEPLAYERS 0 Reply with quote

I just read a sad post. A good player on this server is leaving. Why? Because of the powerlaming whiners that are constantly complaining to Bri because this player stole something from them. This person doesn't want a big fuss about their leaving so I wont name who it is, but I am sad to see them go. icon_cry.gif

Unfortunately there are utter retard lamers on this server that believe that while they are powerleveling at the trolls/skellies/devourers, no one must disturb them. Thou shalt never steal from me or interrupt my powergaming in any way. God help you if you do, as I'm going to cry to Bri and get you in trouble. If my crying doesn't work I'll bend the truth to make it sound like I'm the poor victim and the roleplayer is the bad guy. And what is roleplay? Oh yes now I remember, it's that thing I don't bother doing until I'm level 20.

Well message for you: GO AND PLAY ON AN ACTION SERVER YOU LAMAZOID A$$HOLES!!!!!

I'm so sick of powerlamers like this, the roleplayer gets punished when it should the the crying whining retard. And I've even heard of one person lying to the admins in order to get someone in trouble. You know who you are and if it's true I no respect anymore for you.

Stealing is part of ad&d. And if you don't like it, get lost and play on an arena that disables pp or quit NWN completely and do everyone a favor.

This post was not directed at anyone in particular, but something needs to been done about the small amount of powergaming retards that spoil it for the roleplayers of the server.

Griff
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well said, Griff! These whiners have made this shit to not be worth the trouble anymore. I've been there myself. Some ass lied and lamed and whined to Bri, and I got in trouble for ROLEPLAYING!

It's not worth it.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
pillb0x
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56
 44%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing alot of spearhead latley. Its good to know I'm not missing much. icon_neutral.gif

Kindo wrote:
Are you some kind of newspaper-editor-publisher thingie?

Conrad Hollows wrote:
15min of effort (on anything other than trying to max their character) is more than most are willing to give back ...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed your absence Pillb0x, it's sad. It seems that fewer and fewer of the good guys are playing anymore. icon_sad.gif As for Kindo, I always had fun with you, likewise Griff. I just keep hoping that thing will turn around.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving on to greener pastures. There have been a lot of shitty things going on lately aptly expressed by Griff. It seems the mod, while Bri is trying really hard to make things work, is slowly sinking into something where 80% of people are running around hunting xp and gold, whining and nagging if someone dares interfere, complaining about bans and shit to Bri when someone dares steal from them, yelling and shouting OOC when lying dead on the floor for being dimwits and generally being assholes. Too bad then for the 20% of good players i've seen in this mod who DO understand what roleplaying is about. Too bad that a group of experienced Dyso players pretty much have decided to turn their backs on the mod and feed it to the dimwitted morons. I'l drop by on occasion to say hi to some of the fun folk around here but not as regularly. Should things ever change we might be back someday but for now it's adieu, au revoir, see ya later.
Have fun chasing skellies.
View users profile Send private message
Kindo
PostSun 04/06/03 10:52pm
I hope you are all pleased with yourself. I am guessing your ultimate goal is to chase away every single decent roleplayer we have in Dyso.  Reply with quote

Marine436
PostSun 04/06/03 11:04pm
Who the hell is leaveing ?  Reply with quote

Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I thought it was just one person (who still hasn't posted here yet), but it seems as though it's turned into a leave fest.

Griff
Marine436
PostSun 04/06/03 11:09pm
No, i love all of ya...

come on....

please...for me...

Glorin
PostSun 04/06/03 11:25pm
they'll be back, u cant leave Dysotopia.  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
PostMon 04/07/03 12:37am
LOL omg Glorin, that is SOO true. It's sad, sick, disgusting, but true. Hehe... I can't stay away, regardless of what happens.  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. It's nice how some people, who have no clue whatsoever why we're really leaving, jokes it off with a "They'll be back". Trust me, there need to be some serious change before I will return.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glorin
PostMon 04/07/03 1:04am
thats what griff said  Reply with quote

Nei
PostMon 04/07/03 1:07am
And how much do you see Griff on.... icon_sad.gif  Reply with quote

Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Moving on to greener pastures. There have been a lot of shitty things going on lately aptly expressed by Griff. It seems the mod, while Bri is trying really hard to make things work, is slowly sinking into something where 80% of people are running around hunting xp and gold, whining and nagging if someone dares interfere, complaining about bans and shit to Bri when someone dares steal from them, yelling and shouting OOC when lying dead on the floor for being dimwits and generally being assholes. Too bad then for the 20% of good players i've seen in this mod who DO understand what roleplaying is about. Too bad that a group of experienced Dyso players pretty much have decided to turn their backs on the mod and feed it to the dimwitted morons. I'l drop by on occasion to say hi to some of the fun folk around here but not as regularly. Should things ever change we might be back someday but for now it's adieu, au revoir, see ya later.
Have fun chasing skellies.

same here
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nei
PostMon 04/07/03 1:17am
Why the exodus? And why is it all the good ones? Who's next to throw in the towel... Conrad? This is depressing.  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
PostMon 04/07/03 1:21am
No, Conrad's busting his ass to keep these people around. Changes are being made.  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostMon 04/07/03 1:24am
icon_twisted.gif

Last edited by Glorin on Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total

richard goldthumb
PostMon 04/07/03 1:52am
icon_biggrin.gif  Reply with quote

Filtered Chaos
PostMon 04/07/03 1:54am
And so it continues.....  Reply with quote

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you guys know why the fuck I left a long time ago, because it's just jerks and assholes that play Dysotopia and so far to this day have not met anyone who can RP worth shit (friends excluded) godamnit man, even drudley who likes to kill people all the same is a better role player than half the people on the server, I quit Dysotopia, PERMANENTLY, and no, I'm not coming back, ever.

Tell yourself that and I WILL tell you to blow me.

I always had to deal with lame fucktards who couldn't seperate chars and who made threats to me and did just about every lame ass trick in the book, and guess what, it hasn't changed that I can hear while I'm on the forums

I rant in my private forum a few times to no one except myself since no one in the tempest steel plays anymore, and I get a PM from gorb telling (after viewing my PRIVATE forum) me I am a fucking moron and he will have my ISP cut me off for abuse, I'm like: "Abuse? what the hell did I abuse? It's a private forum that no one reads retard, call all you want" .... he had no clue why I left and to this day am so pissed off at dyso, well gorb, look around, half the players have left after I did, now tell me, will you call their ISPs and have them cut off? I think not. icon_evil.gif

I don't disagree with anyone who leaves one bit, contact me via ICQ or AIM and join me if you want, I'm pretty much now an advanced scripter making a module with some friends and playing online so much enjoying vast different worlds that frankly, are much better than Dyso, plainly put.

... Grr >>>>>>_|_ _|_<<<<<<< to the morons, that's a double finger to you, shove it up your ass power lamers, and yes, messiah/ groho/ brother jarent/ froja included.

STFU you I just blew up bigger from than anyone else when I got cheaply ripped off for playing sum damn gay module for 9 months
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you guys know why the fuck I left a long time ago, because it's just jerks and assholes that play Dysotopia and so far to this day have not met anyone who can RP worth shit (friends excluded) godamnit man, even drudley who likes to kill people all the same is a better role player than half the people on the server, I quit Dysotopia, PERMANENTLY, and no, I'm not coming back, ever.

I always had to deal with lame fucktards who couldn't seperate chars and who made threats to me and did just about every lame ass trick in the book, and guess what, it hasn't changed that I can hear while I'm on the forums

I rant in my private forum a few times to no one except myself since no one in the tempest steel plays anymore, and I get a PM from gorb telling (after viewing my PRIVATE forum) me I am a fucking moron and he will have my ISP cut me off for abuse, I'm like: "Abuse? what the hell did I abuse? It's a private forum that no one reads retard, call all you want" .... he had no clue why I left and to this day am so pissed off at dyso, well gorb, look around, half the players have left after I did, now tell me, will you call their ISPs and have them cut off? I think not. icon_evil.gif

I don't disagree with anyone who leaves one bit, contact me via ICQ or AIM and join me if you want, I'm pretty much now an advanced scripter making a module with some friends and playing online so much enjoying vast different worlds that frankly, are much better than Dyso, plainly put.

... Grr >>>>>>_|_ _|_<<<<<<< to the morons, that's a double finger to you, shove it up your ass power lamers, and yes, messiah/ groho/ brother jarent/ froja included.

STFU you I just blew up bigger from than anyone else when I got cheaply ripped off for playing sum damn gay module for 9 months
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTFUX it wont lemme post

origional post:

pyrosmurfs
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27
 25%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sorta feel like Gloring here, although I probably care less about people leaving.

All this talk about true "roleplaying" and "powergaming" is basically comming from one side. I feel as though people have seperated themselves from others on purpose. The people that feel they are truly gods gift to Dysotopia have shunned EVERYONE but the other people that are gods gift or whom they believe to be the re-incarnation of God himself. I speak very clearly about certain people so I'm not going to say I don't have anyone in mind.

In the end it's still just the classic struggle of good versus evil. Thats all there is to it.

Nobody is more right than anyone else here.

The only people that I see not adding to the community here is the ones LEAVING, NEVER AROUND, and the people whom just come and test the server. I've not been playing for very long but the GOOD roleplayers in my book are the peoples names I can recognize. That shows they've been here for awhile and I know something about them. That means there's a story behind them. To me, I know something beyond the pixels and tiles.

I'm willing to bet though, that the more ELITE roleplaying crowd has their panties all up in a bunch right now. If I'm right about that then, well... it kind of speaks for it self.

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon
--------------
RPG's I'm very excited about:
-PSO 1&2
-Final Fantasy 11
-World of War Craft
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyrosmurfs
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27
 25%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sorta feel like Glorin here, although I probably care less about people leaving.

All this talk about true "roleplaying" and "powergaming" is basically comming from one side. I feel as though people have seperated themselves from others on purpose. The people that feel they are truly gods gift to Dysotopia have shunned EVERYONE but the other people that are gods gift or whom they believe to be the re-incarnation of God himself. I speak very clearly about certain people so I'm not going to say I don't have anyone in mind.

In the end it's still just the classic struggle of good versus evil. Thats all there is to it.

Nobody is more right than anyone else here.

The only people that I see not adding to the community here is the ones LEAVING, NEVER AROUND, and the people whom just come and test the server. I've not been playing for very long but the GOOD roleplayers in my book are the peoples names I can recognize. That shows they've been here for awhile and I know something about them. That means there's a story behind them. To me, I know something beyond the pixels and tiles.

I'm willing to bet though, that the more ELITE roleplaying crowd has their panties all up in a bunch right now. If I'm right about that then, well... it kind of speaks for it self.

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon
--------------
RPG's I'm very excited about:
-PSO 1&2
-Final Fantasy 11
-World of War Craft
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
MerchanT
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22
 13%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been obvious for a long time that every change they've made to make this mod "better for roleplaying" have had the opposite effect, and still they come. You're blaming "powerlaming retards" for this? If this person who's leaving was a true roleplayer they'd have the balls to ignore the people that aren't. I'm sure the DM's aren't going to punish him/her if they're roleplaying well.

If they can't take the presence of people who don't roleplay well they should stick to pen and paper, because there is NO WAY to keep them out of here. More DM events and stuff is what's going to keep the role-players happy. More hundreds of lines of code designed to prevent people from resting every three minutes and 19 seconds just waste time.

Adam

/ Meet the Mos'viels! /
* Baleric * Finn * Mordecai *
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MerchanT
Master

XP
 13%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been obvious for a long time that every change they've made to make this mod "better for roleplaying" have had the opposite effect, and still they come. You're blaming "powerlaming retards" for this? If this person who's leaving was a true roleplayer they'd have the balls to ignore the people that aren't. I'm sure the DM's aren't going to punish him/her if they're roleplaying well.

If they can't take the presence of people who don't roleplay well they should stick to pen and paper, because there is NO WAY to keep them out of here. More DM events and stuff is what's going to keep the role-players happy. More hundreds of lines of code designed to prevent people from resting every three minutes and 19 seconds just waste time.

Adam

/ Meet the Mos'viels! /
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MerchanT
Master

XP
 13%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam

/ Meet the Mos'viels! /
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: