DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

POWERGAYMING RETARDS 2, ROLEPLAYERS 0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Glorin
PostTue 04/08/03 10:21pm
i just wanted to go with the trend.  Reply with quote

Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he was cool until he stole half my inventory (80lbs total, took the 45lbs armor, he was the only one in the area that I knew was a thief, so I attacked him) in one swipe then used an exploit to steal more from me after I killed him over it. Then respawned, came back, stole more, died, respawn, stole, etc etc until I ran into a no-pvp zone, at which point he camped outside waiting for me, ignored all my tells until I threatened to get him banned over the exploit, at which point he tried to convince me he hadn't done anything, that I had been mistaken when he was exploiting at me (and I was convinced, he tells a good lie), and then gave me back the armor he stole and enough money to buy back the rest of the damage he did to my inventory.
Glorin saw him do it, Kental was also doing it. I had previously thought him just a powergamer, he showed his true colors real quick as a griefer though.

I'm glad Kental and Jon are gone. Grief players should not be welcome here, he should have taken his death and stayed dead. He also should have given me back my armor after I slew him the first time, rather than respawning and coming to steal more.
Little Teapot
PostTue 04/08/03 11:59pm
Kental, yes, Jon, no...

he was a good man...
icon_cry.gif

Gabriel Lynux
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 31 / 39 EXP: 31 / 39 EXP: 31 / 39
 79%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. Those posts were the most disgusting display of Retarded anger i have ever seen. Damn Jon drink a beer, take a Valium.. hell take 20 of them just chill.
kental-sin
Master

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 1 / 33 EXP: 1 / 33 EXP: 1 / 33
 3%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey people all i got to say is STOP BASHING ON THE GUY WHO SPEAKS THE TRUTH.
While all you little dyso slave love sick people are still here some people like me jon laz etc. LEFT wanna know hwy we keft ill tell you
CUZ IT WAS A WASTE OF TIME
EVERYONE RAGGED ON EVERYONE EVEN IF THEY WERE ROLE PLAYING THINGS
PEOPLE GOT PISSED WHEN THE PICKED ON THE WRONG PERSON AND LOST WEAPONS ETC FOR IT.
HALF YOU PEOPLE DONT EVEN REMBER WHAT DYSP WAS WHEN IT BEGAIN AND HALF OF YOU DO.
THEY TOOK AWAY THE ELEMENTAL SHIELDS WHICH ARENT REALY BIG ONTHIS SERVER BECAUSE THE BOSSES ARE WIMPS IM GOING ON OTHER SERVER FIGHTING DRAGON WHO HIT HARDER THAN PLAYERS WHEN IM FULLY BUFFED AND HEAL THREE TIMES DISPELL ETC.
YOU PEOPLE ARE ALL HIPOCRITS WELL EXCEPT BRI AND PRESIDENT CAUSE WELL THERE THE ONLY ONES I LIKED.
AS FOR KINDO AND KUMA. LET ME SEE ABUSMENT OF POWERS icon_twisted.gif:
IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY LITTLE POWER HUNGRY ABUSING PEOPLE GRRRRRRR
AND THEN YOU GET THE NERVES TO TRASH THE ONE PERSON WHO ACTUALY TELLS THE TRUTH HIPOCRITS
AND BTW HAVE A NICE DAY

Tempest Steel
View users profile Send private message Send email
pillb0x
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56
 44%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fail to she how posting in all caps is going to help you get your point accross ?

Let alone help your credibility.

But, moving on to a more pressing issue :

Perhaps if you spoke your views in a more mature manner people would pay attention to them ? For instance, if you used proper puncuation ?
Or mabye if jon could cut down on all the swearing ?

Just a thought.

Kindo wrote:
Are you some kind of newspaper-editor-publisher thingie?

Conrad Hollows wrote:
15min of effort (on anything other than trying to max their character) is more than most are willing to give back ...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of what Jon says is true. However I did not like the way he posted to people in his private section on how to crash the server. (yes Gorb I did see your post before it got removed). Neither do I like the fact that he mentioned trying to get dyso shut down by some legal means.

Having said that, Jon is a good player, he knew his stuff and I enjoyed playing dyso with him, but it seems to me that it was just a few lamers that ruined it for him. People who think it's fun to hurl abuse at Jon because of the remarks he makes. Okay some of them were a bit crazy, but it's not an excuse to go on a "Let's bash Jon" spree.

I think some of the bad stuff he's said can be excused because he was driven over the edge by a small amount of retards. I myself am sad to see him go, but I still believe it's not the end of Jon, so I wont waste time on a very long goodbye post. If he's not back for 3.X you can guarantee he'll at least take a peek at Rebirth. So I'll just say "until we meet again my friend", and leave it at that.

Griff
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kental-sin wrote:
Hey people all i got to say is STOP BASHING ON THE GUY WHO SPEAKS THE TRUTH.
Once again, no one read anything I posted. Well here, I'll highlight it this time around... Heh, Jon, truthful. hmmm... only after he's long gone it appears
Jon316 wrote:
...or hitting on some newb who you think cant RP and will solve all your problems by killing them ingame, the same way Kental cant RP with Lolth (heh, aint it funny knowing it after a while it was ME? heh heh heh, I wonder what you will say? will you be mad? will you care? will you just let it go and shut the fuck up? or do you wanna now hate my guts becuz you know I tricked you? or can you be a man and sit back and say "LOL!"? at the funniness of it all? who knows, either way, you know it now kental.)
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon was the most hypocrite, two faced person I met on Dyso. I got to know him for things like wallpush to the DL, TS, steal the key and log instantly. Or chain PP and disarm and then instant log. But the moment some mod or prominent player was near, he was all great RP.
Now he's claiming he left because others are powergamers...
View users profile Send private message
Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon316 wrote:

2. hmm lemme think, oh yeah, MONTEEEEE HAUL baby! rush rush rush! get a fucking t1 with a 3 gig fucking comp that you can load areas faster than anyone with a tricked out uber char thats 13 barb 7 fighter 1 rogue for leet melee skills and leet skill points so you can solo every fucking boss ubermonster in the game and get loot and rush to gloth and then go and start sitting on a bench in eleriina and say your the best RPer around! woo hoo!

I dont want to get involved... but i just had to...

Erm... 13 barb, 7 fighter, 1 rogue?
Need a calculator?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. I didn't dislike jon because of what he said, (that just helped) rather I disliked him because of what he DID. TWICE he would steal my weapon in Eleriina North... NOT cool. I stopped sparring with the bastard because he would do that. It made me sick. It also makes me sick to think that there are actually pricks like that in the real world.

Have a beer, jon? No... quit drinking beer jon? Yes.... I think some major rehabilitation is in need.

And pillb0x, hehe ever the smart ass! icon_cool.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
snewo
Master

XP
EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33
 24%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always suspected that either Jon was really two people or that he was bi-polar. At times he was a very knowledgable D&D person who was willing to help others who had questions, and at other times he would post a really nasty e-mail to someone when I felt it wasn't warranted. I've seen him RP with the best of them and then I'd hear about his cheats and see him doing things that I just didn't feel were appropriate at all. *shakes head* In the end maybe it's best if he moves on. If his nasty e-mails and innappropriate in-server actions were due to frustration or anger, then his moving on will make a better playing environment for those of us who remain. Maybe it'll protect his sanity as well.

In the end there's Lithium my friend.

Snewo
Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what I don't understand is if everyone has a problem with Jon's posts and email's being offensive, rude, and crude then you'd better scroll back up the last couple of pages because I see a lot of people doing the same thing. Come on people it's a game ( a damn good one I think).

Give it a rest! Why does everyone have to be so nasty lately? The things that people are griping about he did occured in 2.x where it was pretty damn easy to replace your stuff. He took your weapon..uh get a new one, he stole my armor, uh...get a new one. Last count with my character I was outfitted with over 3million in armor, weapons, and stuff and I lost a 450k sword...well guess what I bought a new one. That was the beauty of 2.x!! With 3.x it's a different story. Someone abuses someone else provide proof to the proper "authorities" (Conrad for one).

Seriously give it a rest. Let it go...if Jon wants to come back he can as far as I know he's not banned. I think everyone at one time has cheated or done something against the rules.

What bothers me is new potential Dysotopians coming to check out our world (and they may be potential donors too!) and seeing how everyone is always slamming on someone else. I can't imagine what I would have thought if I started reading the forums before I started playing.

If I'm off-base so be it..it's my opinion, but I ask next time you think someone is abusing something reply in private to Conrad (or let whoever else is in charge) handle it.

As for the "goodbye/quitting" posts I say delete them..if they are gone who cares. I say see ya later and have a good one...don't let the door hit you in the arse!

A Concerned Dysotopian!
Marine436
PostWed 04/09/03 4:51pm
a game ? nah, its a hobbie

with the amount of time i spend in it, it's past a game, it's a hobbie

MerchanT
PostWed 04/09/03 5:15pm
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think "game" and "hobby" are mutually exclusive terms.  Reply with quote

guitarrML
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22
 54%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with DarkShadow. I mean, c'mon......do you really have nothing better to do with your time than gripe! I know that will offend some people, but why don't you think about how good you have it (most of us, no matter how bad it gets still have it VERY good compared to a lot of people in the world) and realize that next week, what happened to you in game will not amount to a hill of beans.

As much as you don't want to think about it...let's say one of your parents passed away tomorrow.....NOW how much does that one person stealing that sword from you matter. That is what I'm talking about! I know I may have too much of a laid back stance on this....but it is by far the healthier stance.

Ok....rant over. So how is everyone's day going? icon_lol.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
kental-sin
Master

XP
 3%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Jon316 wrote:
...or hitting on some newb who you think cant RP and will solve all your problems by killing them ingame, the same way Kental cant RP with Lolth (heh, aint it funny knowing it after a while it was ME? heh heh heh, I wonder what you will say? will you be mad? will you care? will you just let it go and shut the fuck up? or do you wanna now hate my guts becuz you know I tricked you? or can you be a man and sit back and say "LOL!"? at the funniness of it all? who knows, either way, you know it now kental.)

hey gorb that was like ages ago and i knew who it was, im mean he knew the target and knew his stuff set up for a kill not for anything else. Had jon written all over it pluse i was talking to jon about it but not letting him know i knew it was him cuz i knew he wanted some kicks out of it.
i cant ruin everyones fun know can i?

Tempest Steel
Maul'Kin
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 11 / 14 EXP: 11 / 14 EXP: 11 / 14
 78%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kental,

you seem to have made quite a few friends on 5Relms. Why is it that you seemed to piss off the entire server - lol

http://forum.drunkenwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=3237&start=0
kental-sin
Master

XP
 3%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well maul'kin i dont know who you are but those lamers get what the deserve and they hate me cause some rogues jumped me and i kicked there arses and got there weapons and tried again later, and i repeated what i did.
So naturaly they think bye dissing me and saying pretty much i have sex with everone in my famialy they'll pay soon enough.

Err man i got to find that stupid evil slaer sword and can kick there best players ars mwhahahaha.
well thats that.
BUt how did you KNOW WHERE I PLAYED AT????????????????????????
Dang now im going to have to switch servers again are will i hmmm. na just use my secret account.

Tempest Steel
Glorin
PostWed 04/09/03 11:08pm
kental i miss ur posts and their random letters  Reply with quote

kental-sin
Master

XP
 3%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a;fkap'klrjaklmfa'ormafowerjamf;arjawoprm;afoaeut
(subtitles:: hi)

ahahahahsdfjkaofiaaowfaepe;epekdmasr;oka
(subtitles: sup?)
just for you glorin

Tempest Steel
Marquis Drayfox
PostThu 04/10/03 5:06am
LoL! Nel actually said something funny!  Reply with quote

Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are the world,
We are the children.... icon_wink.gif

I love everyone! I AM SO SORRY FOR BEING SHORT TEMPERED I HAVE FOUND THE LIGHT!! HALLELUJA!!!

*dances around* I love you all! Lets all be happy!!
*Is allready 10 minutes late, filled with 100% happiness*

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS EVERYONE!
DONT BE MAD icon_biggrin.gif
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love you too shin2k..... emot-rolleyes.gif rotz.gif
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have to agree with DarkShadow. I mean, c'mon......do you really have nothing better to do with your time than gripe! I know that will offend some people, but why don't you think about how good you have it (most of us, no matter how bad it gets still have it VERY good compared to a lot of people in the world) and realize that next week, what happened to you in game will not amount to a hill of beans.

As much as you don't want to think about it...let's say one of your parents passed away tomorrow.....NOW how much does that one person stealing that sword from you matter. That is what I'm talking about! I know I may have too much of a laid back stance on this....but it is by far the healthier stance.

NWN is where I wind down after a stressful day, with college on my mind and several other social problems that aren't any of your buisness, I need a place to wind down. When someone interrupts my wind down time by breaking the rules on me and acting like a griefer, I get really pissed off.

A person stealing my sword isn't something that breaks the fun, its just part of the game (when I lost my 130k mace, I was still having fun with the game), but when someone griefs me by exploiting a bug in the game, and robs me over and over, refusing any attempt at communication, like Jon and Kental did, THAT PISSES ME OFF.

As for your "what if your parents died tomarrow", I fail to see the point. What if you died tomarrow? Would it lessen your enjoyment of NWN today?
Of course not, because its tomarrow, it hasn't happened yet and you don't know its going to. Finally - The fact that I'm better off than some people just makes my baseline expectations of the quality of life higher. A person who's better off than another is not neccessarily more happy. Sad but true icon_sad.gif
guitarrML
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22
 54%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malakalam,
Take my comments as you may. I empathize with needing to wind down at the end of a long day as I just graduated college a year ago, and I never said I wanted to know about your personal problems, BUT, it's not like your only option is to get pissed. You could play a different module, play the single-player game (although you may have already done that and beat it, I don't know, I just started playing it myself).
From where I sit, the people that "grief" me are those who can't see past their only little world of playing to the bigger picture of, if you don't have a good experience playing Dyso some night it shouldn't ruin your night and make you (and when I say "you" I'm not necessarily referring to YOU) totally rant against the person on the forums. That's all I'm saying.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: