DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dysotopia: The Third Era (v3.Xa)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Official Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:57 pm    Post subject: Dysotopia: The Third Era (v3.Xa) Reply with quote

This announcement is to inform you all of the future of Dysotopia and what we have planned for it. We are currently in the second major phase of development...it has been known as "Dysotopia: Server Vault" and the first was local vault. Coming up soon we'll be moving into the thrid major stage of development which will be the transition to trade skills and jobs.

As you all may or may not know, we will not be wiping the vault until we are ready to go ahead with the trade skill system. When all of the basic trade skill items have been designed and the trade skill system has been implemented we will be performing a complete 100% wipe of the Dysotopian server vault. There will be no exceptions to this wipe, no characters saved, no items returned to players, nothing...just a fresh new start for everyone INCLUDING the admins. It's time to start getting serious people! At the time of release, Dysotopia: The Third Era will contain the ability for players to gather over thirty different components to be refined into workable ingrediants that can be crafted into one of nearly a thousand items using over ten unique trade skills and items. Players will be able to get jobs as miners, gatherers, hunters, ranged weapon crafters, melee weapon crafters, heavy armor smiths, tanners/light armorers, magical item crafters, and more! Players can concentrate their time into one particular skill and become a master in it or they can waterdown their skills and be a "jack-of-all-trades, master of none". We will be setting up special locations for players to open their own shops and markets where they can sell items and goods to those who won't be interested in devoting time to tradeskills so that all players will have access to the items and those that don't want to craft them can just buy them.

In light of trades being added we will also release a complete line of books that will be available in different libraries that will contain some trade secrets as well as some formulas for crafting rare items. These will give people a better understandig of how the trade skills work in Dysotopia as well as some tips for starting out. We will aslo have some books on how to better market your items and other basic tips on how to setup shop.

While players are experimenting with different combinations of trades and items we will be RAPIDLY expanding the surface areas of Dysotopia and opening up completely new areas for players to explore to their hearts content. Players will find several new mini-bosses available (similiar to the ogre eater) as well as some new races and quests to partake on. Existing quests will be refined and limited to players based on character level so that high level characters cannot partake in low level quests...there will also be some special new areas added that only low level characters can get into to help them gain those first few levels!

The Third Era also introduces a special new area know as Castle Dysotopia which will be available to certain moderators. This area conatins an inescapable prison for those people that question the authority of in game moderators. We will be looking for some good moderators that will receive in-game pay for protecting our community from immature players such as those that have been seen in the past. The moderators will have the ability to boot troublesome players as well as locking them up and we will value their opinions when it comes to banning players for repeated abuse.

Keep in mind that Dysotopia is still only designed for characters up to level 10-15 so don't expect to see much for level 20+ characters do participate in. Level 20 characters will also be less likely to be sought out for DM driven events since they are no fun to DM for anyway. If you decide to get to level 20 then maybe you should look into some of the higher level tradeskills. or taking parties on tours rather than maliciously killing lower level characters and getting jailed.

Dysotopia has a long way to go still and with your help we can all make this one of the best MODs ever created for Neverwinter Nights!

Geshtal & the Dysotopia Team
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Zedium
PostThu 10/03/02 8:20pm
I like it icon_smile.gif this will make dyso the best mod ever (if it isn't already)  Reply with quote

Atharva Veda
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 18 / 25 EXP: 18 / 25 EXP: 18 / 25
 72%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a side note here Gesh.
Not all of us that have lv 20's(19 in my case) ever kill anyone.
In fact, I do just as you suggest, help out lower chars.

Killing other players isn't what I'm about.
I like to play variants.
For instance, in Diablo I liked to played a var called "ironman".
Rules were, . .
Make a new char, spend the gold the game gave you, head out into the wilds - never to return.
NPC use forbidden.
A suicide run basically.

The var "naked mage" and "beyond naked mage"(uses only cursed items) were great fun too.
View users profile Send private message
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that and I'm not meaning to group all the level 20's in there...we have FAR more helpful high levels than we do lamers...and it's the lamers I'm addressing. They know who thay are and most people know who they are also.

Gesh
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the completion of tradeskills to be expected sometime soon? as in by december? or is this a 6 months ahead plan?

also, is there a way to make No-shout zones? because often times jailed people will go off ranting, i think that if someone is put into Federal Prison (Castle Dysotopia) they shuld not be allowed to shout....then again they culd just get booted...
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Galimon
PostThu 10/03/02 10:03pm
when will this server vault wipe take place?  Reply with quote

Banished Rogue
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9
 44%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your are serious about the Mod, you need to get rid of players who gives a bad image to Dysotopia. It not hard to find out who giving the bad image.
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be so kind as to name some of these people?

Undoubtedly your going to name Red Hashmeer. I think Banished got scammed by red since he lacks the intelligence to figure out that when red gives him a Sylvandale Sewer key its not actually a House Key. And now he found out how to use Internet Explorer and is coming for revenge with a lack of understanding in the english language!
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Williem_Blakk
PostFri 10/04/02 12:24am
Will Dyso be using any Hardcore rules

I hate losing all my coin and xp when I die

UnsightlyDeath
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 13 / 20 EXP: 13 / 20 EXP: 13 / 20
 65%
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah good, things appear to be moving along. I anticipate the day that this server finally combines the best aspects of RP servers as well as those on some of those more entertaining PWA servers...
Doug the Average
PostFri 10/04/02 1:36am
I would be willing to help as a moderator. Let me know.  Reply with quote

Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galimon wrote:
when will this server vault wipe take place?

When I'm satisfied with the tradeskill availability...I'm getting married so I don't know how much time I'll have to work on Dyso after my absense...I'll have a better feel for time constraints after that. icon_wink.gif

I'm anticipating about 2 months from now...probably as a Christmas gift to everyone. lol!

Gesh
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williem_Blakk wrote:
Will Dyso be using any Hardcore rules

I hate losing all my coin and xp when I die

No, we will not implement any of the HCRS (Hard Core Rule Set). We will leave resting limited because it's really not all that bad...we will also probably make some adjustments to fatigue since no one has been experiencing that...other than that things will remain pretty close to the core rules we have setup. There are always changes that will come with an alpha but you have to expect that.

Gesh
Akar
PostFri 10/04/02 2:54am
I am already trying to help as a player but if you would like my help as a moderator. I am at you service m'lord.  Reply with quote

Weyr Wyrmfang
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 9 / 11 EXP: 9 / 11 EXP: 9 / 11
 81%
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:29 am    Post subject: Review Reply with quote

Sounds like a good plan. I look forward to the changes. Like Akar, I'd be willing to help moderate. It's kind of the default role for us level 20 players. =)
laz
PostFri 10/04/02 5:27am
I too am willing to act as a Moderator.  Reply with quote

WiseOldMan
PostFri 10/04/02 6:28am
Sounds great!
I think i speak for everyone in saying whatever help we can give you we will..

WiseOldMan

Aspen
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 2 / 19 EXP: 2 / 19 EXP: 2 / 19
 10%
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:18 am    Post subject: Moderator Reply with quote

As like Akar, I also am one who helps the community where I can, volunteering our time to helping where I can, we made our first guild to combat the lamers, and now we're commanders in the biggest and best (good alignment wise) guild.

I would love to also be a moderator to make dysotopia a fun enviroment without lamers.

Please consider my application
Glorin
PostFri 10/04/02 10:30am
lol i think u all just want power icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

UnsightlyDeath
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 13 / 20 EXP: 13 / 20 EXP: 13 / 20
 65%
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorin speaks truth! Those who seek the position should be carefully examined to detect motives, as any such position will be burdensome. icon_mad.gif
Zedium
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59
 10%
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as they say:
power corrupts,
absolute power is even more fun, bwahahaha

actually, I hope there will be some sensible mods *cough*like me*cough* that can bring some order to chaos
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is gonna be absolutely marvelous!

The thing about people just wanting power; yes, a thourough examination, interwiev etc. should be made. So we have quality in our guys keeping order. (Yes yes, I want to be one to. I love keeping order)

However, on to more serious things...
I love you all so very very much!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I ran into fatigue once but that was after discovering my character was standing about the emerald cave dodging blows from an ineffectual blue slaad commander for about half an hour. Neither one of us was doing any damage but we sure got tired when old blue eventually stopped and we went to the local tavern for a drink. I understand his past better now and really blue isn't all that bad, just misunderstood.
Next week I'll butter up to the Ogre Eater, maybe take him out bowling, fix him up with a halforc girlfriend to get his mind off that ravenous hunger, though he'll probably just eat her...

Anyway, I'd be carefull who you choose as moderator. Not everyone can distinguish between a player killer and a well played ambush by characters. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely...
That being said I'd like to moderate if you need me. icon_smile.gif.
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderators will have to have the ability to jump in and out of character and ONLY use their powers as a PLAYER MODERATOR and not as a character. This power is absolute and allows them to arrest players to the castle where they cannot escape without being let free. They will also be able to boot people from the server once they are in the castle dungeon. We have selected two people for testing whom we trust and will be adding more as we have time to do so. Moderators will have to be dedicated to their jobs and will have to answer directly to me regarding their actions in the MOD.

More news to come on this topic when I have time.

Gesh
Glorin
PostFri 10/04/02 6:50pm
i have some reccomendations for people i wuld think wuld make great moderators........see my PM  Reply with quote

laz
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 26 / 39 EXP: 26 / 39 EXP: 26 / 39
 66%
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Gorin that every person's motives should be examined closely. I think you will find that those people who did vounteer, all ready have power. And I know as being a Guidl Leader that they all have ALOT of responsibility. So the responsibility of being a moderator will not be new to them just in a different form.

Who Me?
View users profile Send private message Send email
Chains
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 9 / 9 EXP: 9 / 9 EXP: 9 / 9
 100%
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my Gesh, u guys have out done yourselves. The trade and skill system sounds great.

I can see it now Allison and Chloe's house of Chains, yeah we could sell necklaces or something.

That would be grand.

Congrats on your marriage, Gesh!

-Allison
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Zyphion_X
Noob

XP
EXP: 3 / 9 EXP: 3 / 9 EXP: 3 / 9
 33%
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm quite new here, but not new to Neverwinternights.
I think Dyso is fun and is a good mod, but there are so little place to go (yet).
Well I've made quite some area's with the toolset and some small mods. Never really published them and because of early bugs lost some. But If you're looking for some area builders maybe I can be of service. I have some xp and a lot of fantasy so I can build some big forests or some ancient city's and crypts for you. Just tell me what kind of area what it must be connected to and what level it is made for.

Zyphion_X (Arnout Paladin of Torm in the game)
Banished Rogue
Noob

XP
EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9
 44%
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becareful who you choose.

Some people will only bring down and tarnish this game!

Remember, there are already ingame and out-game players. Remember, there are people who support them and defend scammers at all cost.
Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:22 pm    Post subject: Info Reply with quote

Just so you guys know, Gesh isn't really accepting outside help because he wants to make the game the best it can be and it would be too difficult and complicated trying to trust outside material and edit it and all. Gesh is a great guy for making this game and he takes criticism very well since he always wants to improve it but he's very busy as well with the game itself and with his upcoming marriage (Congrats Gesh) so it'd be best if we kept our aid to him in the form of suggestions, cooperation, and perhaps donations when he lets us know about the paypal thing. I don't know gesh that well and I've only been on with and talked to him a scant few times but I definitely get the impression that he appreciates the effort and desire to help but we'd really just get in the way if we did. I could be completely wrong about this, (I hope not), but us players are best suited to playing and simply cooperating with the builders at this early stage of the game. Thats my 2 cents icon_smile.gif

Scorp
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Official Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: