DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Briss's Random Rant #4
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Briss
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 4 / 20 EXP: 4 / 20 EXP: 4 / 20
 20%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Briss's Random Rant #4 Reply with quote

With the regrouping of my Pengiun legions, I have a bit of free time to think about a couple things.

1.) Once again I am having a identity crisses! I love being a druid in all but for some reason everytime I log in I have an urge to stop playing a druid and (once again) change to another class! Any real help would be good here ^_^

2.) I usally don't have any problems with male people playing female characters and vice verse, but I get an eerie creepy feeling when I see a male person as female talking about "her" children and giving birth to them in RP icon_eek.gif

Brissa, the dippsy druid.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Everysummers Daze
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 10 / 35 EXP: 10 / 35 EXP: 10 / 35
 28%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about female people that name themselves after a jewish party involving a circumsision like: Bris(s)

Don't pretend like it's some sort of coincidence

Onions. God put 'em here for us to eat. and he chocked 'em full of folic acid and magnesium, and that's real good for your colon. But I like 'em because they taste good, like America used to. So listen to old Hank Murphy and eat your damn onions.
View users profile Send private message
pillb0x
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56
 44%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about when you know its a guy, playing a girl, hitting on your male character.

Even for the sake of RP, I have hang-ups. Thats right, you heard me.

I can't RP that. Won't do it. No sir.

Kindo wrote:
Are you some kind of newspaper-editor-publisher thingie?

Conrad Hollows wrote:
15min of effort (on anything other than trying to max their character) is more than most are willing to give back ...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Everysummers Daze
Grandmaster

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you a just homophobe when role playing or in real life too? j/k icon_rolleyes.gif

Onions. God put 'em here for us to eat. and he chocked 'em full of folic acid and magnesium, and that's real good for your colon. But I like 'em because they taste good, like America used to. So listen to old Hank Murphy and eat your damn onions.
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briss!!! I love you stay forever!!!

oh, yeah.. I find it uncomfortable that people are married In game and flirt with each other... It's so... odd...
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
pillb0x
PostWed 04/09/03 8:14pm
No, im not homophobic, but, I reserve the right to tell a homosexual to leave me alone.  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I usally don't have any problems with male people playing female characters and vice verse, but I get an eerie creepy feeling when I see a male person as female talking about "her" children and giving birth to them in RP

Quote:
How about when you know its a guy, playing a girl, hitting on your male character.
Even for the sake of RP, I have hang-ups. Thats right, you heard me.
I can't RP that. Won't do it. No sir.

It's just roleplay for Christ's sake! I don't see in any way why it should be a problem. Done it myself; We were two male players.
His character was male, my character was female. I had no problem with it whatsoever! In fact, it was dead fun!
All you people are so narrow-minded. It's like hugging and kissing your real life friends on occasion dammit! Everybody does that! Jeez...some people. icon_rolleyes.gif
Briss
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 4 / 20 EXP: 4 / 20 EXP: 4 / 20
 20%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everysummers Daze wrote:
How about female people that name themselves after a jewish party involving a circumsision like: Bris(s)

Don't pretend like it's some sort of coincidence

Wow actually it is, full name I always use is Brissa, Briss was the male version of the name I thought of on the fly

Brissa, the dippsy druid.
Little Teapot
PostWed 04/09/03 8:25pm
I think Brisso would be more masculine... I always assosiate Briss with a female...  Reply with quote

Everysummers Daze
PostWed 04/09/03 8:51pm
yeah "briss" sounds like "priss"(as in miss priss)  Reply with quote

Briss
PostWed 04/09/03 9:25pm
Hey if anyone takes offense, to anything I say send me a PM and I'll make sure to watch myself  Reply with quote

Ogt
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my body shivers, and i want to throw up when i see 2 guys pretending they are girls in this game

i accept the fact of people playing a girl char, but for gods sake getting married and hugging and stuff, i just throw up

not that i have anything against cross dressers, but it is kinda sick

then again, this is a fantasy game, that lets people be something they cant be in real life

BUT, i cant picture myself in a situation like this

"i am at the bar drinking a beer with my buddies and i tell them" :

oggy:Hey guys, i kissed a really hot good looking girl on the internet, in nwn
punks:oh really, wheres she from?what her name?
oggy:oh well her name is JON its not a she its a "he", but he plays a female char

LOL allow me to laugh at you sick basterds HA HA HA HA
damn i have the feeling im going to die a couple of times playing dyso today.
oh well, do i have the right of freespeach or not...

now dont get me into preaching again...
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ogt

it's called roleplaying

maybe you dont understand this, but it is

I dont go around rapeing people, But Rumaos does...we are 2 seperate people...
Ogt
Elder

XP
 33%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to picture this in your mind people

"marine walks into his classroom and says"

marine:hey guys i got married today with a guy, and have 3 more kids in a computer game,am i a good roleplayer or what!!!!!!

Classrum:? ( lol be my guest, what do you think they will say)
Little Teapot
PostWed 04/09/03 10:16pm
hehe... I only married Glorin due to his cash... too bad he didn't give me any... so I promptly Ignored our marriage until the wipe... damn him...  Reply with quote

Everysummers Daze
Grandmaster

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sorta agree with ogt, many people here like to compare acting with role playing(but it's not even close). I can easily respect an actor, but should I respect a 15 year old pretending to be a magician on a video game? Cracker please. icon_razz.gif

For some of you, I know you'd rather be playing dress-up and make-believe all day, but I want to play a game with good controls, great gameplay and a decent story(although many great games have a pretty lame story so this usually takes a back seat)

Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Try to picture this in your mind people

"marine walks into his classroom and says"

marine:hey guys i got married today with a guy, and have 3 more kids in a computer game,am i a good roleplayer or what!!!!!!

Classrum:? ( lol be my guest, what do you think they will say)

lol, it's funny you metnion that why ?
i happent o have as hole's as friends

and they make fun of me, (they RP, but not as often as me)

and they go in class, and go "So Daryl, How's your wedding with jord going" the entier class stares at me

but ogt, guess what ?

I dont care
Everysummers Daze
PostWed 04/09/03 10:40pm
you know the way you talk marine, is you seem think it's a little silly too.  Reply with quote

Ogt
Elder

XP
 33%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its cool that you dont care, as long as it makes you happy

im just saying it makes me throw up, not that its wrong icon_biggrin.gif

you see im just a person in a world with billions of persons,

of course in arab countries they you kill you throwing stones at you,in england they would applaud you ( those damn feminist)
in usa they dont care, too many sick people, cross dressers are like watching the sun everyday
mmm in mexico, they would put a mariachi hat up your butt
i dont know too many countries im too lazy to type

p.s. And i watched sailormoon too like kindo!!!!!! it ruled

cheers
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all its not roleplay, its cyber sex. Take that stuff to the MTV chatrooms please.

Second of all, Brissa i began making a mod of Penguins Vs Badgers but then i kinda got bored, if u want me to finish it i can and then send it to you.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Briss
PostWed 04/09/03 11:27pm
That we be cool! Penguins Pwn Badgers  Reply with quote

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Penguins special unit is the Penguin Shaman, which obviously casts spells.

the Badgers special unit is the 1337 Badger which is a barbarian tanker pwnage.....ill try and finish it, Its like the Kobolds Vs Goblins Demo only much more ub3r 1337
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorin wrote:
first of all its not roleplay, its cyber sex. Take that stuff to the MTV chatrooms please.

lol, thats such a agront statement,

it is roleplay

let;s say, Nel and Maeldun got married, as Orginally, Planned hmm ?

have you ever known 2 married people whom dont have sex ?

maybe 1 or 2... but Not very many,

and besides, you make it sound like we act it out to it's finest detail

and that's not ALWAYS the case

sheesh
Geoff
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 26 / 27 EXP: 26 / 27 EXP: 26 / 27
 96%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogt and Eversummer, you are a tad narrow-minded. It is called role-playing because you play a role. If you are a girl, and heterosexual, it is natural that you should want to find someone you are attracted to. You both come off sounding very childish and juvenile, and I take offense to the gang mentality you are taking with Marine. Double-teaming him, belittlling him- it's very immature. I am not saying Marine should parade around and tell everyone the love of his life is named Turk, but if he does, so what? I agree, though, that role-playing isn't like acting- it is definitely like authoring. I think you two need to grow up. Marcus said he is uncomfortable, which is his privelage, but to blast someone for getting into their character in a role-playing server of a role-playing game is moronic.

-Andy
Everysummers Daze
Grandmaster

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff~ It's not like authoring either(please don't compare writing an original story to r.p.ing), it's really like just playing make-believe(most everyone does it around the age of 5-10), you know like "cops&robbers", "house", or "dress-up". There is a whole gang of "make-believers" here don't start saying I'm doing it or call ME immature.

To take a quote from your last statement, "...getting into their character in a role-playing server of a role-playing game is moronic", I completely agree. icon_razz.gif (if you twist my words, i'll do the same)

Last edited by Everysummers Daze on Thu Apr 10, 2003 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total
Glorin
PostThu 04/10/03 6:47pm
I still say its Cyber Sex no matter what Label you put on it, this is a game not every has to be so real.  Reply with quote

Geoff
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 26 / 27 EXP: 26 / 27 EXP: 26 / 27
 96%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I was twisting your words, and I don't believe you have any idea of what you are talking about. I said role-playing was like authoring, and I stand by my opinion. I write what my character does- how is this not like authoring? Is it any less writing because the setting is chosen for me? I think not.
I have no idea what you are talking about regarding me saying you are the only one playing make-believe. I said the opposite, actually, that everyone is playing make-believe; it is kind of the point. As a matter of fact, if you are not playing make-believe, NWN is probably the wrong game for you, or at the very least Dyso is not the best server. I called you immature for insulting Marine for staying in character and marrying a man. You have only furthered my point by misconstruing what I was saying and responding with your silly belligerant ramblings. This is a role-playing server, and you are making fun of someone for role-playing.
That having been said, you are proving to be amongst the worst players I have ever been associated with... which is not to say you don't play a decent chaarcter- I honestly have no idea whether I have met you in character or not, and I don't care- it is to say that you are actively attempting to reduce the amount of fun Marine is having by making him feel bad about himself out of character. Not only are you not actively contributing to the story- you have admitted to not giving a damn about character- but you are actually taking away from other people's enjoyment. There are plenty of Action servers available, I don't understand why you have chosen to spread your ludicrous style of play here, and attack Marine in writing. I am not suggesting that you leave, I just don't get what it is you are trying to accomplish by attacking him, and now I, for defending him. Do you feel good about yourself when you belittle others? Is this a self-esteem issue? I feel bad for you.
Loki Fearshald
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 6 / 8 EXP: 6 / 8 EXP: 6 / 8
 75%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I still say its Cyber Sex no matter what Label you put on it, this is a game not every has to be so real.

Glorin take off your funny mask so that I can better understand you. =)
Glorin
PostThu 04/10/03 7:41pm
sorry loki i love you  Reply with quote

Ogt
PostThu 04/10/03 8:51pm
well geoff those are nice words,
you can type all you want and i will still throw up when i see someone playing a girl char like that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: