DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

I'm seriously thinking about Leaving Dyso
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Little Teapot
PostSat 04/12/03 6:24pm
see topic...  Reply with quote

Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Send me a PM either you can remake the fatastic avenger adn I'll make Lilly's father or I'll make a new character to play alongside yours. Maybe we can help rebuild a little of the community that seems to be in shambles right now. Actually hell if you have any ideas for a couple of fun characters I'm up for it. Good, evil, lawful, chaotic, I don't care.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
pillb0x
PostSat 04/12/03 6:38pm
Yea ! Me too !

I feel your pain.

AliZee'
PostSat 04/12/03 7:02pm
Ali will give you some GOLD!!!
oh and which topic are you referring to??

Briss
PostSat 04/12/03 7:12pm
TP and I where talken about this in the server and I might be right behind her, its just that NWN is not very fun anymore  Reply with quote

AliZee'
PostSat 04/12/03 7:15pm
yea i could feel that
tha only thing that really keeps me here is tha community
alll tha players that make it so much fun to play

Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN was never really that much fun as a game really. Dyso has been fun because it was really an easy going server. Just a lot of people having a lot of fun doing what they wanted for the most part. Everybody is taking everything on the server so goddamn seriously now. Probably because everything is so hard to come by, but this overseriousness is really sapping the fun out of it. As much as I enjoy role-playing, it is not life. Since the wipe I haven't seen any massive arena brawls yet, maybe I just missed them, but those were always a good fun break. I haven't seen anybody throwing parties like they used to, I haven't seen a lot of things that used to make this server fun. The only group I've seen consistantly having fun out there is the horde of halflings.

As much as I like this system, I just don't think it's working out. I appreciate all the effort everybody has put into this mod, but the combination of high death penalty, low experience, and limited gold has made people take everything far too seriously, which has really taken from Dyso what it had over the other servers, its fun community. (There is no way that was just a proper sentence by the way:))

I've always supported a high death penalty, and more realistic play, as I thought it would be good for the RP atmosphere, but what is has added to RP it has more than taken away from the overall fun in the game. Although I'd like to see a hefty death penalty remain I'd also like to see the exp system loosened up. The overall time investment in makeing a character is extremly high right now, a few consecutive losses really makes people feel like quitting. Then when those people quit, their friends have less fun and the cycle continues.

Now let me hear the "You're a powergamer and only care about leveling" arguments. But you know what... leveling is fun, character advancement is fun. So is role-play, but I don't see why both cannot take place. I had the advantage of having a tight network of adventuring partners being a halfling with Lilly, which is why I think many of the halflings are still here while others drop left and right. With everybody out experience hunting, the RP has if anything diminished. I'd even support giving 20 levels to good characters who add to the server such as Ogt, Anurion, Berto, and other peopel who can handle the responsibility and will still play. So these people can be in town like they used to be for peopel to interact with. there are rutinely more people in the crypts, of the respective gem mines than there are in eleriina at any given time. This detracts from the role-play.

Sorry this has been a long unorganized rant, but I think many of these things need to be addressed. I liked the ideas in principle, but they just do not work very well in practice. icon_sad.gif I appreciate the effort everybody has put into this server, I just hope that it can be saved before it is too late, if it isn't already.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Ariia
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25
 40%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nei, You and I have never played together (although you do know my hubby Hurin) And I would just like to say thanks for saying what most people feel but don't say. Ever since the wipe I haven't played nearly much as before and when I do it isn't a whole lot of fun. I am so low level I can't do a whole lot and you're right, there's noone in Elriina to talk with anymore. So I go wandering looking for people to party up with and most are in parties or don't want to be bothered or both. I totally thought that the wipe would bring more RP and fun but after seeing it now, I think it just made more hack n slashers, as that is what everyone does rather than play. People are so worried about xp and gold that they don't form new friendships and most just steal from you or ignore you. I really loved DYSO when I first started playing and thought it would get better, but I am in total agreement with you. I like the new places and creatures that were added but the atmosphere has totally changed. I do think that all the new things were implemented for a good reason, (like the death penalty) but the rest of the changes has made it less fun and more hostile in game.

On a posititve note, I have seen alot more DM events, if only small and think thats great. The only trouble there is that it is usually Hurin who gets to play in them all not me icon_sad.gif

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Ogt
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remmeber some of this people whinning because of the constant wars and pvp that happened in the mod,
thanks to this system, you dont see people killing each other all the time

now that same people whine that its too hard? and the penalties are too high?bs.gif "hey its too hard and it ruins my rp experience!"

ok take it back to what it used to be, and let them whine about "hey all people do is have stupid battles all the time, and that ruins my rp experience "

my point is, people will always whine and they always blame the mod for ruinning their RP experience LOL
thats the geekest phrase i have ever red in my whole life
this ruins my rp experience, that ruins my rp experience
EVERYTHING RUINS YOUR RP EXPERIENCE ??

-------------------
and nooo this is not for lil tp icon_biggrin.gif not for briss either, not no nei either
but for others

lil tp i know you are sad cause i cant play this saturday BUT i will be back on sunday and everything will be fine icon_smile.gif

cheer up tp bs.gif

well i think we have been playying nwn for too long, actually im bored with the game, i could change mod but damn, start all over again?
the only reason im staying is cause of all the people i know and new people i meet everyday,
cant say its fun EVERYDAY, but i can say its fun for me most of the time

Last edited by Ogt on Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
Ogt
Elder

XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will say how i have played so far

so far i havent been exping , got to 14 yesterday, and im kindda repenting from it.

stayed low level for weeks, mostly because most of the people are low level, so being at around the same level gives you more chance to talk to them freely, when you walk in to people in high lvl, they dont behave like themselves,

take this example, a lvl 9 Evil chaotic man say something meanto oggy lvl 14, later on oggy finds him in a pvp area, but then the guy will just chicken out because of oggys lvl icon_sad.gif
takes all the fun out of it...

l-----

lol i was even thinking about having an ogt lvl 9 for the people that still dont have haste, an oggy lvl 11 , for the peopel that have haste but still are not strong, and lvl up my main oggy all the way to 20, cant hack and slash for more than 1 hour though, it gives me a headache, so it would take some months? lol
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

now that same people whine that its too hard? and the penalties are too high? "hey its too hard and it ruins my rp experience!"

ok take it back to what it used to be, and let them whine about "hey all people do is have stupid battles all the time, and that ruins my rp experience "

I fail to see why we have to go back to the way it was before. we're asking for an adjustment, not a reversion. The heavy death penalty is good. It helps keep people from engaging in PVP without reason, but we really need it to take away levels correctly when xp drops too low, that way we won't have the "just leveled" fighters, and if someone ever hits 20, they won't want to risk pvp.

What this server REALLY needs, is a justice system. There's NO penalty for murdering someone other than the possibility that the person will come back to kill you with thier friends.

I haven't decided on the XP, its my opinion that it favors the powergamers who can play all day long. Back with the old system, we were all level 20, so we were all fairly equal in power. This system would work if it flattened out better, so that level 15+ you're pretty much only getting real XP from DMs.

I'd also like to see the greater belts removed, and weapons for sale cut down to a max of req level 12. You should find better stuff as loot in quests/DM events/etc.
Ariia
Master

XP
 40%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malakalam wrote:
I haven't decided on the XP, its my opinion that it favors the powergamers who can play all day long. Back with the old system, we were all level 20, so we were all fairly equal in power.

Agreed whole heartedly. I have maybe two hours on a good night to play on dyso these days and by the time I'm on for an hour I'm so sick of hack n slash (for lack of anything better to do) that I just get bored and quit.

Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

City of Arabel!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah what should be done is what Nei is suggesting and what i've said many times before....just start everyone off at lvl 20!!!!!!!!!

make tha death system HARDer so if you die you lose a lvl or 2.

OR if that really puts your Rp underwear in a twist....

at least make it so we actually get some xp from these things that we kill.

coz tha way it is right now...its off balanced, and that really does suck tha fun out of playing
AliZee'
High Elder

XP
 79%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i plyaed one server during a dyso down time that let you CHOOSE which lvl you wanted to be!!!!
and i thought...HEY! what a great ass idea!
if we had sumthin like that in Dyso.......
then all these "hardcore" rp'ists and there beliefs that everyone on a RP server should be stuck in low lvl's can be happily stuck in low lvls all they want.
you should put sumthin like that on tha ship to Dyso. or just somewhere where you could only access it once...tha mistake that that other server made was that they put it in an area where you could go there anytime and just re-lvl anytime you wanted....which would just make lamers more lame...put it in a place where you can only do it once...add that too a Harder death penalty (like losing lvl's for instance) and people will still think twice about Pk wars and what not...and everybodys happy.
AliZee'
High Elder

XP
 79%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whichever way you look at it....too much of sumthin is no good....too much Rp without tha action side really does suck....sucks alot
and too much action without Rp....sucks just as bad
putting too much stones on one side of tha scale isnt a good thing.

oh and..City of Arabel sucks hardcore...me and some others went there to invade in tha name of Dysotopia and tha king....
we came, we saw, we conquered!!!
GOLD!!!!!

my apologies Foxxy icon_biggrin.gif hehe but hey dont get it twisted..coz i could seriously care less about how high my Rant topic count is LoL!!

Last edited by AliZee' on Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, Ali, have you ever seen/used the 'edit' button? It's amazing how silly one looks when they are trying to get their post count higher.

And on a side note... I like the new xp system. Much better than the last. Although I haven't gotten to the point yet, I hear its a bitch to gain levels at 15+.

And TP, a wise-ass named Glorin once told me...

Quote:
You can't leave. Nobody leaves dyso....

Hehe, truer words could never be spoken...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Y

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliZee' wrote:
i plyaed one server during a dyso down time that let you CHOOSE which lvl you wanted to be!!!!
and i thought...HEY! what a great ass idea!
if we had sumthin like that in Dyso.......
then all these "hardcore" rp'ists and there beliefs that everyone on a RP server should be stuck in low lvl's can be happily stuck in low lvls all they want.
you should put sumthin like that on tha ship to Dyso. or just somewhere where you could only access it once...tha mistake that that other server made was that they put it in an area where you could go there anytime and just re-lvl anytime you wanted....which would just make lamers more lame...put it in a place where you can only do it once...add that too a Harder death penalty (like losing lvl's for instance) and people will still think twice about Pk wars and what not...and everybodys happy.

=> the reson beheind the change in dyso 3 was that we complained about uberchar and uberpowerplay.

i you can chose your level then you open the flood gate... hash death penalty , useless since you can make a new uber PC in no time.

what do you need a LVL 20 char for anyway ?
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, in my opinion the XP is fine, in fact it's still pretty easy to level up to around 15, compared to other servers out there.
What I don't really like is that the monsters are kinda unbalanced:

On other servers I'm used to be in a balanced party, some melee chars, some casters. Now, if I'm in a monster area, normally the party can fight a certain amount of monsters before having to rest, cause the casters don't have spells anymore and the melee chars can't afford to heal continually (and can't kill tons of monsters without some magical support).
Now, on Dyso it's more like that:
Char A doesn't have all the necessary immunity items (damage resistance belt, death magic immunity, mind spell immunity), so he can't do anything, he's dead in 3 seconds.
Char B has the items. So he can go in and fight until he's fatigued down to 3 str/dex, and still won't be in danger of dying. All this SOLO, cause the only thing partying does on Dyso is speed up killing monsters, you can do everything solo too, it'll just take a little longer.
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Char A doesn't have all the necessary immunity items (damage resistance belt, death magic immunity, mind spell immunity), so he can't do anything, he's dead in 3 seconds.
Char B has the items. So he can go in and fight until he's fatigued down to 3 str/dex, and still won't be in danger of dying. All this SOLO, cause the only thing partying does on Dyso is speed up killing monsters, you can do everything solo too, it'll just take a little longer.

This is exactly why I want those belts gone. As soon as I can wear a swordsmen's belt, I can kill any troll except berserker without danger. Once I get the other items, its down the crypts with everyone else on the server to kill the skels there.
Nefiorim
Elder

XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But removing them will make it almost impossible for melee-class players to defeat anything (even if they had the money to buy lots of heal potions).
The problem is way bigger than just a few belts.
Glorin
PostSun 04/13/03 8:12pm
tp u cant leave, if u do who will talk over as the master invuln?  Reply with quote

Ariia
Master

XP
 40%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malakalam wrote:
This is exactly why I want those belts gone. As soon as I can wear a swordsmen's belt, I can kill any troll except berserker without danger.

I have a swordsmens belt and got killed by a troll anyhow. The belts help, a lot, they don't make you totally immune. Why get rid of them? you don't like them then don't use them.

Nefiorim
Elder

XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No he doesn't dislike the belts on their own, just the effect they have on gameplay balance. Kind of hard to undo that effect just by not using them yourself (unless everyone decides to stop using them themselves).
AliZee'
High Elder

XP
 79%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea but without tha belts your just gonna creat a un-balance only on tha opposite side....how tha hell do you think your gonna kill um without tha damn belts????

and another thing...today i survived an attack by 4 skellies only to step out of tha crypts into daylight and whataya know?? a troll is standing right at tha entrance...so i was thinking hey..no prob...but bam bam bam...and i was DEAD Grrrr

[quote:076179584b="Ogt"]farts leave the athmosfere because they have their OWN WILL, they are TIRED of being farts, and decieded that they would make their OWN PLANETS!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
GOLD!!!
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally think that they are unbalanced. I think that if they exist, they should be ONLY the REGULAR belts, that give only a 5/- damage resistance, because 20/- is CRAZY good!! I think that if they were to exist that you should make them a MAX of 10/- Even that is pretty good......
AliZee'
High Elder

XP
 79%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...i say again....

AliZee' wrote:
how tha hell do you think your gonna kill um without tha damn belts????

????
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliZee' wrote:
hmmm...i say again....

AliZee' wrote:
how tha hell do you think your gonna kill um without tha damn belts????

????

That's easy, the monsters should do normal amounts of damage icon_wink.gif
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More teamwork icon_smile.gif

i cant wait tell bry gets scripts in that he can remove item,s on login, and replace it with gold\ Different item...so items that slip in wont stay there forever
Grusk
The Ownerizer

XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the topic went way off topic. Wasn't this about TP leaving?

Don't leave us TP!

(I'm going to regret this) I LOVE YOU TP!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: