DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dysotopia needs to get its XP, and Money system sorted out!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

Should it be made easier for high level chars to level up?
XP should be higher.
25%
 25%  [ 12 ]
There should be an area with higher level monsters for high level chars.
51%
 51%  [ 24 ]
No, its fine the way it is.
23%
 23%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 47

Error247
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 6 / 20 EXP: 6 / 20 EXP: 6 / 20
 30%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm... yeah... so your suggesting i NOT rp by going and FINDING a party when my char specifically doesnt just walk up and talk to people and all that crap? thanks for the suggestion ill remember it and i was in a party yesterday and guess what... they were all out in sylv and kraven.... hmmmm.... that was so fun i could hardly explain it....

oooooh... another addition to the wonderful world of geniuses....
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest form of political Correctness this seems to be.it is most arrogant to believe anyones particular interpretation of what is good or bad is the one true god given one.

TO REPHRASE ORWELL from my sig.

"It is almost universally felt that when we call a PLAYER A RP we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of PLAY claim that it is ROLE PLAYING, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

change Democracy and its just as apt.Seems many here believe they have the Holy Grail and the right to tell others what to do that from my talks with other players that has been more conducive to players leaving than XP or gold.

What are peoples problems the idea of Dyso is to have a game and have fun.Let each find there own way if it dont interfere or impinge on my enjoyment what is the problem.*apart from which you cant tell people what to do from lofty hights of self imposed superiority if you want RP do it by example not by lecturing then some may adapt change come round*

lets stop all this preaching as said before the Mod belongs to the makers if you like it stay if not move on.I see no change in turnover of players really over the 6 7 months Ive played here.People come people go.
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
View users profile Send private message
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one ever said becomming a master of :

Magic
Healing
Nature
Sword fighting
Trap setting
Or achery

was easy ? did they ?

*looks around* nope.
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

ummm... yeah... so your suggesting i NOT rp by going and FINDING a party when my char specifically doesnt just walk up and talk to people and all that crap? thanks for the suggestion ill remember it and i was in a party yesterday and guess what... they were all out in sylv and kraven.... hmmmm.... that was so fun i could hardly explain it....

No, I didn't just suggest that, If you have a character who doesn't do that, tough luck, but you should live with your choices. Just because you made a character choice, that doesn't mean that we should get the lamers back. ANd again I ask you, why do you need levels? There isn't ANY need for levels, the only thing you could possibly need it for(eventually) is PvP. But hey, live with it! PvP should NOT be the greatest part of your experience, roleplay and conversing(even if you play a dumb character) should be that.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my take on this:

ROleplaying VS levels....witch is more important ?

this is like the question looks vs Personality,

any idealiest, is going to say roleplaying is more important, and to a extent they are right, but it's a fact that looks ((levels)) get you the big winner's, looks in real life have found to get you better deal's on car's and such stuff, a new house !

SO what it come's down to is the dm's

People wont care to level, if the Dm's do Muilt-level quest...not being low level i dont know if they are

being a level 15, i can say, i have 5 Unqie, DM given only item's and at least 1 and a half levels of DM EXP and at least 1 DM event a week
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money is fine. I mean the fact that I hardly sell anything anymore shows me that people apparently already amassed enough wealth to buy stuff from the npc market people. No biggy. As for xp levels, yes it sucks when you just cant seem to reach that next level in 2 days. Guess what, tough luck. I really think it's a choice players will have to make at some point: Do I go for that level 20 character and keep frustrating myself with dying over and over again or stop bothering to level and START roleplaying regardless of level. You know, eventually you'd reach level 20 if you play carefully. But if you're sulking about not being able to reach level 20 in the time you have set for it, you ruin the fun for yourself. Level 15 is reachable, several of you already managed that or even over it. At that point you are already so powerfull you can pretty much beat up everything, you're one of the legendary heroes, the main man, the kingpin, the big cheese. I dont see why you should leave the server over it being practically impossible to reach your precious divine legendary status as level 20 if you're really interested in roleplaying.
Oh right, it's only possible to roleplay when you're level 20...i forgot. icon_rolleyes.gif
Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL @ FALK

your mean man ?

the new rule is you can only RP at level 17 icon_smile.gif
Ariia
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25
 40%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falkhor wrote:
Do I go for that level 20 character and keep frustrating myself with dying over and over again or stop bothering to level and START roleplaying regardless of level. You know, eventually you'd reach level 20 if you play carefully. But if you're sulking about not being able to reach level 20 in the time you have set for it, you ruin the fun for yourself. Level 15 is reachable, several of you already managed that or even over it. At that point you are already so powerfull you can pretty much beat up everything,

Not everybody is aiming for 20, I would just like to get to lvl 11 so I don't have to walk so damn slow........

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long ago has the wipe been? Why do you need to get to lvl 20 in a few weeks? I think maybe an adjustment beginning at lvl 17 may be something to think about, it get's really hard up there (no, i'm not lvl 17, but I know how "much" XP others at 17 get), but then, it's pretty easy to lvl up to 12/13. One thing that i find really funny is when I see lvl 5 people at trolls or in the crypts whining that they die too often and can't level fast enough. HAHAHA. You get the same or even more XP at the kuo toa or minotaurs, and you'll have a hard time dying there. I just started a new char, and in two or three hours playtime I'm level 4, and that's without soloing. Remembering my other char, it'll be just as easy to get to lvl 10, then it starts to get a little slower.
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

ROleplaying VS levels....witch is more important

Sigh.... at first its which icon_smile.gif not witch... witches are evil emot-yum.gif

Oh and roleplaying doest depend on your level... this means... I could roleplaykickyourass with a level20 char while you would only be whining OOC with a level 1 char like me for instance icon_smile.gif Sorry halflings, especially that one girl I forgot her name right now.... lol sorry icon_smile.gif
Drudo Wisto
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14
 21%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... it's supposed to be fun to play. Roleplaying is fun yes indeed, but it's not fun when some silly kid blows you away for looking him wrong. That's why we need levels... to keep up with powerplayers, as I mentioned before.

It's not overall bad to get killed and lose money and experience, but I just don't want imbecils to get thrills for wasting me icon_wink.gif

If you want people to roleplay, put a level limit around 12 ? or something, after that no running after monsters, and people would need larger parties to attack the "tough monsters" icon_smile.gif And if a level limit was set, none would dare to disagree , for that would make them powergamers... you don't need that many levels to roleplay, right ?
Error247
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 6 / 20 EXP: 6 / 20 EXP: 6 / 20
 30%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drudo Wisto wrote:
And if a level limit was set, none would dare to disagree , for that would make them powergamers...

i fail to see how that would make people powergamers...

oooooh... another addition to the wonderful world of geniuses....
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Drudo Wisto
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14
 21%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well of course real roleplayers don't need levels right ? So it would only be the ones who want to spank others who want them... Isn't this the assumption here earlier ?
Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the concept of the new XP system, but reaching levels 16+ are ((extremely difficult)) unless you play a consistent 7 days a week and a couple of hours a day. To go from level 15 to 16 I have to "solo" kill 640 skeletons in the crypts or party kill 1000 skeletons to level. I don't know about everyone else, but I LOVE Dyso to death but even running around that much in the Crypts gets boring quick. (Glorin you have to work on your lighting down there..the red is not a very uplifting color he he).

Don't get me wrong I'll kill the Skellies to do it if I have to, but I wish there were tougher areas for those that are 15+. Conrad has done a great job of running quite a few DM events lately, but he is the only DM that I have done an event with since last September (maybe due to timezones). GOD don't kill me now Conrad in an event *shakes in fear of losing xp*.

I know some may call me a power-gamer for "commenting" about the new XP system, but hey I am still here 7 days a week...I have not quit...and I will kill the skellies to do it. AND yes I do Roleplay while doing it too.
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I rp while killing skeletons, but the undead arent much for conversation....."hi ya fread...gee lovely axe you have there...Uhhhhhhh...oh thats nice, so how are things in the tomb these days...uhhhhhhmmmm...lovely, well guess since your trying to kill me and all guess I'll talk to you again later..uhhmmhhuu..*bash, smash, crunch, flop* ok..see you again in a few minutes tell betty I said hi......

yes I started to give the skelletons names, it was a long time i spent down there
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg grok.... you gave them names? *sigh* I really should go and name all the tidy badgers... they are so cute, and roleplay great icon_wink.gif
Ivan Man
PostThu 04/17/03 7:09pm
YEAH BADGERS !!!!!  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostThu 04/17/03 7:17pm
just leave the XP and Money system alone, there are MUCH more important things for the mod right now.  Reply with quote

Ivan Man
PostThu 04/17/03 7:19pm
true dat but go badgers!!  Reply with quote

AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know you try to draw a line between Powergamers and role players and say you have to fall on either side of the line...that you cant be both...and these "proper" Rp'ers start cryng and whining when they get thier ass handed to um by somebody who been training hella hard day and night...

callin it Bad Rp...or callin people Lame and shit

fucc that

thats like a couch potatoe who does nuthin but sit on his ass watching boxing....knows tha game inside and out...
so this fool challenges Mike Tyson to a boxing match and gets his ass bitch smacked hard core...
then he comes on tha forums and starts crying about it saying..."oh Mike Tyson is lame coz he Trains 24/7"
blah blah blah BULL SHIT!

you want to sit around in elerina all day and Role Play your lvl 5 Character like hes a lvl 20, your Characters Full of himself and arrogant, well he can do that in a no-pvp zone...he can wear that mask...he can bluff all he wants...he can spit on tha shoes of a lvl 20...
but as soon as he steps out on to tha field where its real...hes gonna get bitch smacked hard core...put on a leash...and callin somebody "daddy"

coz while he was in Elerina puttin on a show and bluffing...somebody else was out there in tha wilds training their ass off,
perfecting their skills and growing stronger

and then you want to talk about "bad" rp...... icon_rolleyes.gif

i aint gonna repeat AGAIN what i've said before....
but for all of you who just skimmed through tha topic..
i seriously suggest you go back and read tha ones you just glanced at...
and then come tell me about "bad" rp....
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

and these "proper" Rp'ers start cryng and whining

No, the PROPER Rpers don't, the PROPER Rpers will only whine or cry when it is not RPed. Being good at a game is all well and good, Alizee, but that doesn't mean you can just come in here and NOT RP!!! The good RPers don't really care whether you're good or not, they only care if you RP or not, if you don't, yes they might(but probably won't) cry or whine..
Quote:

you want to sit around in elerina all day and Role Play your lvl 5 Character like hes a lvl 20, your Characters Full of himself and arrogant, well he can do that in a no-pvp zone...he can wear that mask...he can bluff all he wants...he can spit on tha shoes of a lvl 20...

Your point being? Again, Alizee, somehting you don't seem to get, is that it is ALL about Roleplaying, not about being good. If you don't care about roleplayers, and think that people who don't care should be left alone, then I am sorry to say that you don't belong here....

Quote:

but as soon as he steps out on to tha field where its real...hes gonna get bitch smacked hard core...put on a leash...and callin somebody "daddy"

Again, the good RPers won't freaking care unless it's not done with proper roleplay!!!!!!!!!
Quote:

coz while he was in Elerina puttin on a show and bluffing...somebody else was out there in tha wilds training their ass off,

And again, that is BAD if they don't roleplay...

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aronthal
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 5 / 27 EXP: 5 / 27 EXP: 5 / 27
 18%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reccomend, as Ali did, that you take the time to read the entire thread before you comment. There are some very good points and counterpoints in this thread. One of which I will reiterate now.

Why does rp'ing have to be about sitting around and talking. This is a fantasy setting in an action oriented environment. If you just want to sit around and talk (rp) then you should have saved yourself the $40 and just joined IRC and talked your hearts out. I'm all for rp'ing. But I want to rp action and adventure. Does it all have to be action and adventure? Of course not. But it can't boil down to some lame neverwinter version of a soap opera either, which is what MOST of the "hardcore" rp'ers seem to think it should be. Sorry that just don't interest me.
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the PROPER Rpers don't, the PROPER Rpers will only whine or cry when it is not RPed**quote

Here we go again RP this word define it quantify it measure it .Its so easy to throw it around for things you like and powergamer for things you dont.But at present thats all you seem to be doing bandying words define the word then well have something to go on.The preoblem is I can find a myriad of definitions of RP to suit any situation I want.But Im not claiming My way to be correct you are Shadowcore
so define this concept unless it is nothing more than yer own gripes of likes and dislikes.
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-K,RP is roleplaying, it is playing the role of your character(whatever that may be) within the environment you are in, what is there not to be understood?

And Aronthal, it is good that you want to play action, but why should everybody do that and why would it then be good to kill without Roleplaying?

I don't care if you kill millions of people(including me) within this game, as long as you roleplay it. If you play here for action, you are in the wrong place, you should go join one of the action servers.

But what Alizee here says, is that roleplayers should stop whining when they get killed by NON-RPers, just because they haven't trained all day. THAT is where I disagree with her. I am not saying that killing isn't allowed, or that everybody should sit on benches, I am saying that WHATEVER you do, do it while Roleplaying, not while randomnly killing people while not even thinking about roleplay.

Aronthal
Master

XP
 18%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Ali is a guy. I think .. hehe

Second I think you misunderstood the intent of his post (or perhaps I did) I think he was making comments that can not be interpreted without the context of the rest of the thread. Read it from begining to end and I think you will see that you were zeroing in on a very small portion of what this thread is about.
Aronthal
Master

XP
 18%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCore wrote:

And Aronthal, it is good that you want to play action,

Actualy, I said that I want to ROLEplay action. There is a big difference. And to be even more acurate, I said I wanted to rp action AND adventure. Perhpas you need to be a little less quick with your reccomendations that people find other servers to play on.

Also you should get your facts in order. I have never pk'd anyone; and I don't intend to. To my knowledge either has Ali.
dreamin'
Hero

XP
 86%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The self-appointed good RPers will wine and cry. Just look at the threads in the rants forum, every other complaint goes like "While I was RPing at the skellies someone else came and killed me, he/she/it is only powergaming there!"
Doesn't mean that they are good RPers, but in all (ooc) player conflicts one side is accusing the other of PGing.

Shadowcore wrote:

AliZee wrote:

And again, that is BAD if they don't roleplay...

general question: why do you have a problem with Pgers? As long as they don't go around and kill everyone, and only few of them do, they don't take anything away from you. Those skellies will spawn endlessly...
There's nothing more ridiculous than people claiming that there's a RP way to, let's say, level at the crypt. You can put a little RP effort in it, between party mates or when you meet someone, but there's no RP reason for you char to go there besides learning and getting stronger. Sure, you can go ahead and tell everyone of your quest of becoming stronger to defend the weak and whatnot icon_rolleyes.gif

Why do some people think they have to police other players playing style? I think you shouldn't care, as long as the other player doesn't interfere with your own experience.
Especially as there is no absolute definition what's good RP and what's not. A simple example:
on Dyso, a lot of the "established RPers" use party chat and tells IC. I know of 2 other RP servers where DMs won't award you with RP XP if they catch you doing that. On one of those servers, you'll get no RP XP if you use party chat/tells OOC either, cause you're only allowed to use the realistic chat modes (talk, whisper). On the other server, party chat/tells is the ooc channel, where everything talked about is OOC, without those fancy (( OOC signs.
One thing that would've been an absolute reason for no RP XP at all, on all other servers I played on, was announcing RP events via shout, or tells, or party chat to other people/friends. Still, this way has been used by most of Dyso's RP population.

P.S:
Still, leave the XP and money system as it is now. Maybe make the real high levels a little easier, but on the other hand, lvls 15-18 is powerful enough to feel like a demi god. And I don't see a reason why leveling should be even more easy as it is now, sure, it's a lot harder than it was pre-wipe, but that'S because it was ridicously easy on pre-wipe dyso. Why can't you spend a few weeks for lvl 15? Luckily for me, the wipe was during my holidays, so I leveled quite quick in the first weeks, but now, with my Paladin and Sorcerer both lvl 4, I'll have about 1h/day average, and it'll take a few weeks to get to 12 i guess, but what's the problem with that?

P.P.S:

Oh, one thing I really hate: People making ironic statements when my char walks past them in the city without greeting them. Haha. It's a damn city, if I don't know you, and you don't know me, and there's no special reason, I might talk to you if I'm having a talkative day, but if I'm on my way to shopping, or to meet friends in the Inn or at the fountain, I won't talk to each and every stranger.
That doesn't mean that I won't greet you, but if you don't do something to initiate conversatino after greeting, that'll be our whole conversation. cussing.gif
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dreamin that just enforces M-Ks point

this is a futile debate anyway...Powergamers are like Hackers in Half-life

80% of Dyso players are accused of being powergamers
10% of Dyso players actually are

or it used to be like that...
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
dreamin'
Hero

XP
 86%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorin wrote:
dreamin that just enforces M-Ks point

this is a futile debate anyway...Powergamers are like Hackers in Half-life

80% of Dyso players are accused of being powergamers
10% of Dyso players actually are

or it used to be like that...

Ya, but when I started typing, M-K's post wasn't there icon_razz.gif

and the cheat ratio is way higher nowadays in hl(CS), i'd say 25%+, at least on our servers... you can see highs in the stats of some players the moment a new, not-detected cheat is released, and using simple screenshots, every cheat is detectable, as CS players are too stupid to fake screenshots and send them with all hacks enabled icon_biggrinno.gif

err, that's offtopic, sorry
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post is useless.
I thoght powergamers were people that only leveled so they could PK others. AM I wrong? Im confused.

Theres nothign wrong with people that just want to gain levels. Its just the fact that they can RP while they do it and dont. if clicking on monsters and watching them die is fun to you, then fine I dont care. That dosent even effect me. But when I walk up and talk IC to you, your expected to do the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: