DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Y MOST BEST RP'ING,AND TEASING
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
RedStorm
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 10 / 83 EXP: 10 / 83 EXP: 10 / 83
 12%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Y MOST BEST RP'ING,AND TEASING Reply with quote

he made me a slaver without doing a thing,then used his dm powers to make sylvendale basement my "slavery" i did no such thing,and that was most annoying,Y cant just pick random pepole to blame on stuff! icon_evil.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nefiorim
PostSun 04/20/03 1:17pm
Could you please be a bit more specific on what exactly happened?  Reply with quote

RedStorm
PostSun 04/20/03 1:18pm
read at events............................  Reply with quote

M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read Events you made yerself into slaver you didnt have to go along therebe many ways around.I tremember once the same DM tried to make some of us into killers and get easily wiped by Grok and friends we argued and turned it around and were freed by the court innocent.Wasnt the original plan but the DM if good is flexible and adaptable and the one you refer to is both.Sorry but you never game him a chance just stormed off.
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
View users profile Send private message
RedStorm
Elder

XP
 12%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh really? and what will i say? umm no that npc is lieing! im not its master,DUDE U SAW THEM CALL ME MASTER,i didnt even know it was a set up like that,i came with u to help,not to get fooled by a bored dm
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red if you'd like my advice I'd say go along with the story, but deny that you're their master, claim a case of mistaken identity or something. Try to clear the name of the fair so you can sell your goods without the stigma. Just come up with some way to clear yourself and play it out. The part about never being ot Sylvandale would be a good place to start your defense.

Yesterday was a hard day for you wasn't it. First you lose your avatar status, then this. icon_smile.gif Ahh well, my only suggestion is to have some fun with it, deny it wholeheartedly, and look out for the best interest of the fair. Perhaps you can even take up a private investigation of the sweat shops to find the true perpetrator. I know it can be frusterating when your character is in a difficult position, but hey it could be fun as well. icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
RedStorm
PostSun 04/20/03 6:17pm
im happy of the way the avatar thing ended,but this was gonna ruin the fair,not me,and i worry for the fair  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, you roleplayed the avatar of Cyric very poorly. Not enough research behind it. The avatar of Cyric sometimes possessed Cain Darkwind to do his bidding, and during the possessions Cain thought he was the avatar. And also during the possessions, one of his many actions was to start a slave market to produce some clothes. You said it yourself, you never had any memories from the possessions. Live with it man. It was probably a very nice event, from what I've heard. You got free from the possession bit after the Waukeen event, and then you found out that during your times possessed, you had started a slavemarket.

emot-heartbeat.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I don't want to hear any more craptalk about Y. He's doing an outstanding job as a DM. This is not the first time you've gone out on a whining spree on someone. Do you get your life energy from yelling at people or something? Can you please cut it out? It seems like everytime things don't go your way, heads have to roll. Do you ever stop and think about that it might be you who is the problem? You are always out to be more special, you want more attention. As soon as things go bad for you, there's someone who has to get banned. Please get out of it, RedStorm. You don't have to be the centre of everything all the time.

I for one am goddamn sick of all your whining and arguing.
RedStorm
Elder

XP
 12%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:
Look, you roleplayed the avatar of Cyric very poorly

all the dark alliance war was based on that icon_confused.gif
spaciel about what btw? we had fun during the dark alliance war,we had fun with the avatar thing,and today Y forced me to become a slaver,now he can at least ask me,or do something before that,i was sadly lead into the trap of being a slaver,nothing of attention or so or so,all event were fun,remind u who did the MASS TELEPORT icon_wink.gif not me,it was only me u and wuakeen,u did the mass teleport icon_biggrin.gif
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to speak in defence of Y. I have played Dyso probably more in terms of on-line time then any other player. I often come to play see palyers come on-line leave and then return again hours later play and leave again. I also see DM's come on...often there events are quite appreicated, some times they are small things...like some monsters put where they normal are not. It is so frustrating to see players who don't understand the DM's are trying to add more fun to the game. Even griping saying things like "is the DM screwing with me" no they are spending there time to try and add more fun, they are working to make dyso a less static place, where the unexpected can happen.

Of all the DM'd in Dyso Y is the most active (from my perspective) every single day he is there doing something to help, and not just for a few players...but spends time trying to do something for each. (I developed an new char mainly for the purops the help others and to see Dyso form the low level perspective, things like who is willing to stop and talk to the new players, who is willing to offer advice, rp, go out of there ways to be kind, or to show off and try to intimidate to weak)

Y also pays attention to rp, and often gives a small, but appricated reward, when this happens you know that your time spend is being noticed and incouraged, for it adds to the complexity of Dyso.

Y shows his sills best by creating unique and chalenging events, he takes in to accout the players who come,a nd whatches out for the lower level ones who accedntly come too so they don't get slaghtered. Hes is very flexible and works with the players adapting his story lines to fit how the charactors wish them to proceed. Give Y a chance for he really seems to care about Dyso and I am honored to have such a dedicated DM on Dyso.
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Grok, Y has really been a great DM in my opinion, not to take anything away from anybody else. I've had great amounts of fun and seen far more DM activity since the wipe. I'm not going to restate all of Grok's points, I'm just going to say that I fully agree.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
RedStorm
PostSun 04/20/03 8:02pm
i never said i hate Y,usally we are ok,but this was truly outraged,i was led into a trap of blame(im not got at that setiontion)  Reply with quote

Uin
PostSun 04/20/03 8:17pm
You've got to go with the story. The DM creates the world and all the stuff it will throw at you, gotta roll with the poverbial punches  Reply with quote

Grusk
The Ownerizer

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold now Uin. Players can make the world too.

I sure do. I cause alot of things to happen that shouldn't. I drag monsters from their home when they shouldn't be.

I destroy trees to make the druids restless, and I use Dungeon Master armies of creatures to attack cities and villages.

And if there are no Dungeon Master armies bowing to me at that time, i'll muster a force of players and cause a little havoc that will trail up. Then there I am, standing at the head of some town that was empty, everyone bowing before me and chanting my name.

*Sigh* icon_rolleyes.gif If only that could really happen.

Ultimately: It's not all up to the Dungeon Masters to make Dysotopia.
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DM has NPCs lock you in a cell, you're in a cell.
DM thas evil mage turn you into a badger, you're a badger.

The player can get out of those things however, just like Red's slaver reputation. However I'm not sure how a Red could be MADE to be a slaver, DMs can directly manipluate the world but not the PCs (well that how it should be I suppose).
Grusk
The Ownerizer

XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red? A slaver?

What's his method of torture? Make them correct his spelling/gramar/punctuation?

Just kidding red. icon_lol.gif
Ogt
Elder

XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grok wrote:
I would like to speak in defence of Y. I have played Dyso probably more in terms of on-line time then any other player.

would be nice to see the stats of that, if they exist, yeah those would be interesting ones

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORBBBBBB
RedStorm
Elder

XP
 12%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uin nice avatar icon_wink.gif anyway,your right i chold have rp with it,but Y cant force me into it,yet whats the point in being a slaver? why will i need it? when did i do it? ,more info can be nice icon_wink.gif
Marquis Drayfox
PostMon 04/21/03 7:51am
Y is by far one of the coolest and hardest working DM's dyso now has. If you didn't RP something right, that's your own fault.  Reply with quote

Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, red how would you want it handled then cause i've had situations as well where you just couldnt take it when things turned against you. I remember you slaughtering this old woman in eleriina for no reason and were all pissed off when you were hunted down by a group of players for it. You were whining about wanting an army of undead to attack the city at level 3 and when you didnt get what you wanted you refused to play at all. It was the saddest bit of Non RP is seen...
Sometimes things go your way, sometimes they go against you. Just as in the real world you dont control every aspect of your enviroment. Sometimes you just have to roll with the punches and try to come up on top with some clever ideas instead of relying on DM's to give you a break.
As for Y's qualities as Dm, so far i only seen good ideas, well balanced encounters and excellent roleplaying.
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and... remember when you met Cyric in Kravewood that one time...
Well let's say if a Balor appears before you and you jump to conclusions they are usually all too happy to confirm that they are indeed the avatar of you precious god when it serves their purpose...
RedStorm
Elder

XP
 12%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm,duhh,i remeber killing the old woman,i had ALOT fun,and i didnt complain,really,ask zedium,ogt and every one,it was truly fun,and in the end we turned it on zedium icon_smile.gif as for the balor,i didnt do such thing icon_confused.gif he poped up i thouget some one summoned him to kill me,then i saw it was a balor LORD,so i was less worried so we spoke,u said youl make food out of me if i dont do what u say,and went,,,The balor spoke like a halfling 0.0 and as for the avatar thing,u didnt start it with the balor,the dark alliance wars were the start emot-yum.gif not something new dude icon_biggrin.gif
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt say i started it did i? but you did ask the balor if he was cyric and the balor answered:"possibly".
The old woman story and consequent hunting party was rather abruptly stopped since no one felt like running after you anymore and everyone started a nice ooc conversation on one of eleriina's bridges...
RedStorm
Elder

XP
 12%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm,then no sorry,it was not like that,the runing was fun as well as the hunting party,the balor thing was wired,since the avatar is long before:S NVM bah
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's time a few Balors appear and eat someone...hmmm I just wonder who. icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif
Kindo
PostMon 04/21/03 1:13pm
Cain  Reply with quote

RedStorm
PostMon 04/21/03 1:49pm
yahah allright!,btw its a halfling balor! was so funny how he spoke,  Reply with quote

Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well gee i want to come and defend y but that roster is all full

so i think ill take red storm's side:

Y sucks....he made stuff do stuff....ya..

((seriously, Y you rule !~ icon_smile.gif )
RedStorm
PostMon 04/21/03 2:48pm
wow marine your funny,wow,  Reply with quote

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: