DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Perfect Unity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

The Perfect Unity affect the game by:
Making it more fun (You know, hotties that can kill!)
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Not at all (They just remind me to put away my weapon.. who cares?)
34%
 34%  [ 11 ]
Making it a little less fun (I died..it was lame, but I know now)
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Making it a lot less fun (I used to love hanging out in Ellerina..now it's a ghost town)
31%
 31%  [ 10 ]
What's the Pefect Unity?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 32

Fadra StarFallingLight
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8
 37%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:17 am    Post subject: The Perfect Unity Reply with quote

I have a question for you all:

What are your thoughts on the "Perfect Unity"?

Wconfused.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grusk
The Ownerizer

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect Unities are like events involving drow attacks or Jeshan Orc attacks. You gotta live with it or smack it across the face with your sword.

In this case, live with it.
View users profile Send private message
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are a waste of time. They do nothing but kill people who are bugged, people who aren't paying attention, or people who down right deserve it. Nine times out of ten, its the first two options...

Get rid of them. They are more of a hassle than a help.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you just wanna wave your shiney sword again to make you special...
The perfect unities are ok, they give ample warning before smacking you over the head, further more they protect the city when no one is around the gateway.
The fact that the city is a ghost town is not because of the unities, in fact the unities are there because the place is a ghost town and it's heroes are always out fighting critters in far off places. Maybe you should just spend more time chatting with the good folks of Eleriina instead of always being in the field. Change the world, start with yourself, dont' blame someone else...
Kuma
Dyso MOD| Forum MOD

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41
 97%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falkhor wrote:
you just wanna wave your shiney sword again to make you special...
The perfect unities are ok, they give ample warning before smacking you over the head, further more they protect the city when no one is around the gateway.
The fact that the city is a ghost town is not because of the unities, in fact the unities are there because the place is a ghost town and it's heroes are always out fighting critters in far off places. Maybe you should just spend more time chatting with the good folks of Eleriina instead of always being in the field. Change the world, start with yourself, dont' blame someone else...

:: mmm ::
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Kindo
PostMon 04/21/03 10:43am
And still they allow demons and monsters run freely in town.  Reply with quote

RedStorm
PostMon 04/21/03 10:56am
icon_evil.gif  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the perfect unities, I think it was a good initiative, and that they should be kept. If people aren't paying attention, well, that's just bad luck, they should be paying attention instead of being AFK or something, I know you can't blame AFK people, but they shouldn't be wining about it wither, since they should've payed attention.

In any case, they SHOULD do something about the demons and monsters IN town, but apart from that, I like them..

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the Perfect Unities are a good thing, they do need to be aware of hostle creatures, as do the Avengers. I have suggested this, and I really hope it gets concidered. I think the town's folk really apprecaiate there presence, and feel much more secure they are around.

I do find it amusing they sometimes get stuck (actually they are on a coffie break) and with some immagination they can be used for some ammusing rp, I had several people convinced one had the hots for me and learned their patterns so I could have one appear to run up to me then stop, I would chat a bit then let her go... icon_biggrin.gif
RedStorm
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 10 / 83 EXP: 10 / 83 EXP: 10 / 83
 12%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

god damn! whats the problem with tieflings? or demons,maybe halfling demons,like falkhor balors icon_rolleyes.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are fine, but they would work much better if they could actually be given either a loud voice or some kind of minor psychic ability to know the person's name that they are addressing. That way, there would be less deaths due to misunderstanding, or the person being distracted.

Also, I agree with Grok that they need to pay more attention to their job of protecting the citizens of the towns from the REAL menaces, namely, evil monsters.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I would have voted more fun had it not been attached to a sexist remark (J/K - they are pretty sexy, especially the way they walk and all - nice eye candy!).

IMO, they add another element of excitement to the game since they can crush skulls in a single blow. Makes you think about how you will present yourself in town. Around Sylvandale, where there seem to be fewer of them, it can make for interesting battles when high level creatures wander into town... "Hurry, kill it and sheath your weapons before the Unity comes by to strike us dead!" Quite fun!
not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, sorry to double post... my character thinks Unities and Avengers are one in the same... sorta femme fatales... they just dress differently. I, the player, understand they are not. I meant to say Avengers for Kravenwood and Sylvandale.
pillb0x
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56
 44%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it amuzing when I join the game, just for a moment, to get rid of some loose items.

I then teleport to Syvandell to speak with a friend, only to be dropped next to a Soul Seeker.
Next thing I know, the lady in gold is chanting something and...WHAMMO !

Me and the Soul Seeker are both floored by destruction magic. What fun.
I then promptly hit the escape key, and did something constructive for five minutes. icon_neutral.gif

Kindo wrote:
Are you some kind of newspaper-editor-publisher thingie?

Conrad Hollows wrote:
15min of effort (on anything other than trying to max their character) is more than most are willing to give back ...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Maelstrom696969
PostMon 04/21/03 6:41pm
Yes could there be some kind of logic setup so that if there is a monster in the vicinity, then player's CAN have their weapons out?  Reply with quote

Nefiorim
PostMon 04/21/03 7:11pm
And can PC law enforcers be allowed to keep weapons out?  Reply with quote

gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Cool Reply with quote

I really don't mind the concept of the Unities and their presence is a moral boost for the casual observers. I really agree with Grok that something needs to be done about the hostiles in town and their duty to react while still guarding the life of the innocents.

I personally find them quite creepy. Many times they will stop walking their route and just stand there beside you while you are talking with friends. It's like they are waiting for you to do something so they can bash you. They just follow you around or stand there and stare.

I also don't understand why there is nothing scripted for them to say when you try to converse with them. It would be great if you could talk to them and have them tell you the laws or something.
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

XP
 5%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch... I'm feeling hostility directed towards me by Falkhor... hmm...

Well, FYI, that was then, this is now. No its NOT because I want to wave my 'big shiny sword' around, so bite off. Its because they are not performing the way they should be. They RARELY attack monsters, if ever at all. They have killed me when I was bugged, as well as many others. They have killed others when they are AFK and not actually paying attention (although more or less I view that as their fault).

So, why don't you make a GOOD argument in this, not just attack people...

Sheesh, grow up.

EDIT:

Hell now that I come to think of it, there have been times when they are found OUTSIDE of the city, BITCHING at me to put MY weapons away while I'm being attacked by people in the valley. I can't fight them or else I die.... what kind of loser thing is that?

I say that the unities are an EXCELLENT idea! However, until they are PERFECT unities, in other words, not bugged and working COMPETLEY properly, get rid of them.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changes that should be made:

Make them human, normal guards, not gods, maybe level 10 or so
Make them killable, nothing that can kill things should be plot
BriHurley
PostTue 04/22/03 2:35pm
I will change the no xp loss in Eleriina that should help.  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

XP
 5%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... Bri you took the words right out of my mouth. I was actually just about to suggest that, but you beat me too it. Ugh, damnit! icon_biggrin.gif
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i like who they were modeled after, it can only be rightious with a blue skinned half celestial icon_mrgreen.gif
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

XP
 5%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, celestials are green skinned bud... least, as far as my knowledge goes anyway. icon_mrgreen.gif
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually they are white skinned, air genasi are the only blue skinned people that look like humans.

half celestial has more than one type, most have some divine look that gives them away (gold eyes, unusually intense stare) ect, but they are white skinned thats a fact, the air genasi subrace native outsiders are blue tho icon_mrgreen.gif
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

XP
 5%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... reading the monster manual right now, they vary in color... so I guess we were both kinda right, kinda wrong...

Planetar: ..."planetars resemble massively muscular humans with smooth emerald skin, white-feathered wings, and hairless heads."

Solar: ..." A 9-foot tall humanoid with brilliant topaz eyes, silvery or golden skin, and gleaming white wings, a solar has a deep and commanding voice."

Astral Deva: ..."Supple and lithe, devas look like beautiful humans with long, feathery wings. They can be of any good alignment." (No reference to color.)

Trumpet Archon: ..."Trumpet archons look like beautiful, winged elves. They serve as celestial messengers and heralds, though their martial skills are considerable. Each carries a gleaming silver trumpet about 6 feet long." (No reference to color.)

Ghaele: ..."Ghaeles might easily be mistaken for noble elves if not for their pearly, opalescent eyes and radiant aura. They can also take the form of an incorporeal globe of eldritch colors, 5 feet in diameter." (No reference to color.)

Avoral: ..."Avorals have th bodies of tall, muscular humans, but their arms are long, powerful wings. ... Their faces are more human than avian, but the hair resembles a feathery cowl, and the eyes are bright gold." (No reference to color.)

Lantern Archons: ...duh.

Hound Archons: ..."Hound archons look like well-muscled humans with canine heads..." (No reference to color.)

So... as you can see... I guess that most archons are normal colored skinned. So if that's what jon meant with the 'White skin' (In other words, caucasian colored) then that is true.

But what the hell is a genasi? There is no 'genasi' anywhere in the monster manual.

EDIT: And there is nothing blue, either!

Last edited by Marquis Drayfox on Thu May 01, 2003 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total
AliZee'
PostThu 05/01/03 7:00am
i think they should be pp'able  Reply with quote

Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genasi are in monsters of faerun. They're planetouched wih elemental heritage.

Air Genasi have light blue skin
Water Genasi have blue-green skin, often with scales.
Marquis Drayfox
PostThu 05/01/03 8:07pm
Hehe, but if they catch you Ali'Zee you're in for it... they have a +116 to hit.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: