DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Where is the praise forum?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: Where is the praise forum? Reply with quote

You know I just realized that I run around all over the the other forums telling people that it would be nice if I could find more praise for the work the DMs put into events and the Admins put into building Dyso. The I realized that there is not real forum for this to happen in.

I would like to see a new forum created. One where we could praise for players, Mods, DMs, and Admins. We could use it for saying wow, great role-playing or hey thanks for all the great information, or thanks for that really awesome event, or just wow I really like it on Dyso and I think everyone should play here.

This would be good to have I think. There are other reasons as well. I have seen many new players looking for worlds and have seen them post about is this a good world or not. I would like for them to see how much we love Dyso. It's sprinkled around on the other forums, but it would be great for it to be it's own forum.

Just a thought.

Angel
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Everysummers Daze
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 10 / 35 EXP: 10 / 35 EXP: 10 / 35
 28%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, maybe we call it "Praise, Brown-nosing, and Ass-Kissing", oh wait, that happens in EVERY forum here already.

"Nobody remembers the good things, only the bad"

Onions. God put 'em here for us to eat. and he chocked 'em full of folic acid and magnesium, and that's real good for your colon. But I like 'em because they taste good, like America used to. So listen to old Hank Murphy and eat your damn onions.
View users profile Send private message
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an awesome idea. Really, it is! We have a Rant, Complaints forum...so a Praise, Compliment forum would be great! cool.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
gaea106
Hero

XP
 100%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: geez Reply with quote

See this is exactly why we need this praise forum. Because everyone on here is not the cynical, unappreciative player that others seem to be.

I just know that I would like to hear some positive feedback for all my hard work if it were me.

You can call it whatever you like... Whatever it's called I am sure it will be filled to the brim with Kindo's little hearts... emot-heartbeat.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glorin
PostMon 04/21/03 10:01pm
sounds good, perhaps elminate the rants and flames and replace it with this?  Reply with quote

Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like the idea too. I've often wated to compliment a player or defend them, but it often just gets lost in the posting. I'm all for it, and no, not to replace this forum, it needs to be here too. Good idea Gaea.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Grusk
The Ownerizer

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it, I say! Go for it!

I need appraisal for busting my arse to try and slip a disguise or trying to roleplay an intelligent, non-"SLAUGHTER THE MASSES! POWER TO ME!" evil.

That's a bit self-centered. Ah well. king.gif
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I agree, maybe we call it "Praise, Brown-nosing, and Ass-Kissing", oh wait, that happens in EVERY forum here already.

Hehe, I totally agree with you there.

I personally DON'T find it necessary to make such a forum because for one, DMs and creators already KNOW that they have an excellent mod when people are entering it, and for two, as Everysummer's Daze said, that happens in EVERY forum here already. Not only that, but it is just another method of 'ass kissing' when you say but don't act. Want to show your appreciation for dysotopia? Donate! Even if it's just $5, that is a HUGE thank you for them. Otherwise, you're just another face in the crowd...

So don't make it. Waste of forum space and full of more spammers.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ogt
Elder

XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the dms and developers get their asses licked enough, this forum would just be an exageration

( heck i hope i dont get dm kill next time i log on)
Nei
Hero

XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know why I'd like this forum? So I could thank people like Salin Carshby. Don't know who she is do you? But she's a damn great role-player. The word gets out about these people and more people play with them, everybody's experience is improved. But I forgot that compliments are such a terrible thing to give. How many people complimented Berto when his heart was stolen? Or Ogt during his day of silence? How many people openly praise Pillb0x with his engrossed characters, or Tae for her wonderful addition to this world? Gaea's play of Mira is supurb, Messiah and Froja both are deeply disturbing characters. Omen and Grok are two excellent half-orcs from opposite sides of the spectrum. I cannot put into wprds the great things the halflings do, there's hardly a one of them who doesn't play with his or her entire heart. Xavier's methodical evilness to Anuiron's proud sorrow of days past. There are people out there doing an excellent job role-playing and I think it'd be great to tell them that once in a while. Unfortunately I agree it'd probably become a spam-a-thon in there, but you know a little support makes the criticism go down a little easier. Everybpdy is so afraid to be called a kiss ass that people often go without thanks. There are many more excellent characters than the ones I listed above, but is anyone telling them that. Maybe I'm weaker thanthe rest of you, but I know a little praise makes me want to put more effort into my character.

As for Ogt's ass licking comment, I don't care in the least, they deserve it too. Call me an ass kisser all you want to, but I enjoy DM run events, especially when they are well run and involve the people. Sorry, I'm just rather peeved right now. Maybe there is no need for a forum for it, but there should be at least a thread, just to say thanks to somebody for doing a good job and not being an ass hole about something since that's all we ever hear about.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

XP
 5%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Nei about half of those people you listed I have already applauded in game somehow one way or another... my point is, I just don't think its necessary. This board is full of spam as it is. This is mainly what you would see there:

Marine/Nel
BRI YOU ROCK! YOUR MOD IS KEWL! WE LOVE YOU BRI!
ShadowCore
Indeed
Glorin
Yes, it is very good.
Kindo
emot-heartbeat.gif *looks gay*
Solo_Core
Yes, very well done.
Marine/Nel
I JUST HAD TO TELL YOU AGAIN BRI, YOU DA MAN! PHAER DA CORD!
Kindo
emot-heartbeat.gif *looks more gay*
Teapot
Yeah! YOU rock bri! And if anyone opposes, they will DIE!!
Glorin
Stop looking gay kindo
ShadowCore
Stop spamming
Glorin
You stop spamming!
ShadowCore
I admit, I used to spam, but not anymore.
Marine/Nel
DID I MENTION HOW MUCH BRI ROCKS!! *looks gay like Kindo*

.... 'nuff said.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be great!!!!!!!! But it would also cause for some complications, mainly due to people spamming as you all have said. If we could have a moderator in such a forum who would just delete every spam-like post, it would be a brilliant thing!!!! I am all for praise and compliments!!! I remember several posts started like that, but they all got lost somewhere.
If we could have a Praises, Compliments and Thank You's forum, that would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And FoxBoyTails, you are sad, instead of coming up with the idea of a decent forum mod, you just kill the idea and flame people WHO DON'T EVEN SPAM ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!(Honestly, show me the last spam post I made........)

One more thing, it would(or should) not just be to praise DMs and MODs and Devs, but also just people who are great roleplayers or people you like(but people shouldn't get carried away...)

Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about a forum with pruning (meaning posts get deleted after a while)
i think people will spam less when the posts don't count for their postcount, and even with spam it would only be there for a short while.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we need a Compliments, Love and Thanks Forum. Infact we don't even need a Complaints, Rants and Flames forum.
Its just extra work for the forum mods, and would add nothing to dyso. You don't need thanks for RPing/Modding/DMing, all anyone needs to see is Dyso work well, thanks enough no?
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
pillb0x
Hero

XP
EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56
 44%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I checked, they didn't hire the Dm's and Mod's so they could wallow in our praise. They know they are doing a good job, we tell them that more than frequently.

Last thing they need is to go through 10 threads that all state the same thing we tell them all of the time:

Thanks.

Kindo wrote:
Are you some kind of newspaper-editor-publisher thingie?

Conrad Hollows wrote:
15min of effort (on anything other than trying to max their character) is more than most are willing to give back ...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: woot Reply with quote

Quote:

Marine/Nel
BRI YOU ROCK! YOUR MOD IS KEWL! WE LOVE YOU BRI!

and why the hell do i get the dumbass part ?

if you want to make me stupied dont, i can do that my self !

No, we dont need this fourm, as much for the DM's \mod's as we do for players to players ! we flame eachother here ! let's hug eachother there !'

ill go make a poll on it in suggestion's fourm and link it here
gaea106
Hero

XP
 100%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Wow Reply with quote

Ok, obviously we can't even agree on something so simple. If moderation of the forum is a burden I will volunteer to maintain it.

And thank you Nei. That is exactly the kind of stuff that I am talking about putting into the forum.

*looks at negative posts and is speechless*
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grusk wrote:

non-"SLAUGHTER THE MASSES! POWER TO ME!" evil.

hehe, oh really Xavier? how many people was it you said u killed? 8? 10? 12? ;0
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Grusk
The Ownerizer

XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twelve? You take me too lightly Glorin!

I've killed at least ... 17! No, sorry, Gabriel, then that elf, and that other elf and that chick that was around him then those two lowbies.

Ok, fine, twenty-one. I've killed twenty-one people.
Glorin
PostWed 04/23/03 12:02am
rofl  Reply with quote

Fadra StarFallingLight
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8
 37%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PMs are great for compliments.. With the added benefit of not needing to be moderated!

Plus, who doesn't like a little love? emot-heartbeat.gif

Kiss your favorite Badger-Lover! emot-yum.gif
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

XP
 5%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, well said Fadra. I agree with you, PMs ARE great for compliments. Hehe, but what I really love is how my analysis of how people would act in that forum is very true. And yes ShadowCore, I am ALL for praise, but ALL against spam which is completely what that forum would consist of...

At a total standpoint and never changing point of view:

Its not necessary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: