DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Really down today
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Really down today Reply with quote

I have no idea why, but I don't think I've ever been as depressed as I am today. I just woke up...after a while I was back at my screen, logged on and then it just struck me. All out of the blue I was really down. Not in the mood for anything at all. I am staring at my desktop, clicking on random locations. But that was after I created every thinkable pattern with my mouse-marker. Now I entered the forums, and it almost made me cry at the mere sight of them. I've never been this depressed and bored. And that's not all. I have like five assignments to finish this week, for school, and I haven't even started on them. I have absolutely zero will to do it. And people say stuff like "Just do it! Hang in there! Just do the assignments! You have to make it through school no matter what!" But it's not that easy if you don't have any willpower at all to even want to do them. I have no inspiration at all. It just plain sucks. School's screwed if I don't get any will back and that equals to 'life's screwed'.

I don't know, I guess I just wanted to let it out or something, because the friends I usually talk to here are busy with other stuff so I can't talk to them at the moment. I know I'm a real cry-baby. I always complain about how hopeless and meaningless everything is. And it really upsets people that I do that. (Hmm...maybe not upset, but it annoys them atleast. I'm sure of that. That's why I've been trying to hold back a little, lately.)
But I can't help it. Things just suck at the moment.

icon_sad.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
RedStorm
PostTue 04/22/03 11:00am
emot-heartbeat.gif  Reply with quote

Uin
PostTue 04/22/03 11:22am
I'm like that everyday (apart from the crying), you get used to it.

Last edited by Uin on Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total

RedStorm
PostTue 04/22/03 11:23am
see thats why uin needs a emot-heartbeat.gif  Reply with quote

Uin
PostTue 04/22/03 11:26am
*rips heart in half, combo'ed with a mk, 123fp, mk, 623fp*  Reply with quote

Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I'm like that everyday (apart from the crying), you get used to it.

i second that emot-heartbeat.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
pillb0x
PostTue 04/22/03 1:35pm
Go outside. You spend to much time in front of the computer. icon_wink.gif  Reply with quote

gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Hmm Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that you are down Kindo. I find that it helps sometimes to allow yourself to feel that way. I set a time limit on it. Ok, say an hour or two. Then try to get out of the house for a bit. Don't worry about the assignments just yet.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go paint balling, seriously, it's fun it gets your mind off stuff, and it's hella fun !

getting shot at with balls that hit you like rocks is a blast !

something about shooting someone and hearing them go @(*@( OW !

is just great, you know you hit your mark...and then you know you better move, for his friends all saw, you shoot him ! icon_smile.gif
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Really down today Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:
And that's not all. I have like five assignments to finish this week, for school, and I haven't even started on them. I have absolutely zero will to do it.

I've been having this same problem all year, especially this second semester since I found Dyso. In fact I have a paper due in 3 hours that I'm only 1/6 of the way done with. For the first time in my life I turned a paper in late this semester. I wish I could give you some words of advice Kidno, but I don't have any. Although I usually feel on the up and up after I finally finish a load like that. Don't let the stress get to you too much, because it isn't the end of the world. What's the life expectance in sweden now? Don't the Swedes live about as long as dwarves now? You have plenty of time Kindo. I know that may sound like counter productive advice, but really, just don't let the stress get to you. Once you get going things will get finished, then before you know it they're all done, and you're feeling better already. icon_smile.gif Good luck with the papers man.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

School sucks, life sucks, love sucks, everything sucks. But don't let that get to you, because there is also something better to look out for. Keep that in mind, and hopefully everything will get better.

AH well, who am I to speak? I still have about 6 things I need to get done and turn in..... icon_cry.gif

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 28 / 33 EXP: 28 / 33 EXP: 28 / 33
 84%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paint ball is one of the most fun activities you can do with your clothes on!
Just the thing to make your heart pound and not make a mess (on the inside) of your pants.

One of my friends has a farm and has it set up as a paintball field.
So I get to play often and cheap.
He gets us balls for $0.04 (Canadian dollars) and has a big tank for CO2 refills.

Usually about 20 of us show up on Sunday afternoons.

Coral Reef

I'm online 10 PM -> late EST -5 GMT

I host the social server
A Coral Reef

Come visit sometime!
View users profile Send private message Send email
Gabriel Lynux
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 31 / 39 EXP: 31 / 39 EXP: 31 / 39
 79%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dood.... Kindo I know exactly how you feel...Being in school sucks and especially when you get toward the end of school you start feeling like "ahh Fu*# it" and you put off work and class and I think it's the fact that you get kind of burnt out and tired of the same old school. Latlely I have been feeling a lot like you Kindo, I can remember in high school I was always busy with this and that and working and friends and all that fun stuff, and then I get to college and it was a whole four years before I make the next big step in my life and It starts to feel like you are doing nothing with your life and things are going in slow motion. The best advice I can give you, because it usually works for me, is to go outside and look up at the sun and relax, maybe take a swim or ride a bike, the outdoors always helps me to feel better and more alive, instead of the mundane feeling I get when I am doing nothing but school and work. If you don't want to go out alone, them get your friends to join in cause i'm sure they could use a little relaxation too.

Oh yeah and if all else fails just drink booze untill you are belligerent emot-heartbeat.gif
Ogt
PostTue 04/22/03 6:16pm
kindo you need a girlfriend  Reply with quote

Geoff
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 26 / 27 EXP: 26 / 27 EXP: 26 / 27
 96%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a couple of points- I can give you way better advice then most people, since I have never had any will to do anything but role-play and drink. Nothing you can ever do matters, there's no point, you lose everything in the end, and you can't take anything with you. Planning for the future is for the uncreative. If you're not a complete moron you can always think your way out of everything, so you might as well party with some hot swedish chicks and drink until you forget how bad the Red Wings sucked up the playoffs this year. Just some advice. Also, like Ogt said, get a girlfriend. I reccommend Nei's sister. She owes me chips.

-Andy
Everysummers Daze
PostTue 04/22/03 6:44pm
The only sure fire way to cure an enduring depression is LSD  Reply with quote

gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: More Reply with quote

Thanks for posting Kindo, we are all here for you if you need anything. Remembering that people care about you is important. Also remembering other people feel the same way helps you not feel alone.

No one has a perfect life, the one that we all want. It has taken me many years to realize it's an illusion. But I have also found that the things we face and overcome in our lives are what adds dimension to our personality. I could tell you so many stories, I was homeless 8 years ago...

If nothing else helps, remember this! No matter how bad you have it, there are others that have it much worse. It is hard, but try to find the things that you do have and derive joy from them. Also take a good look at yourself, and find the things that make you happy and proud. Don't give those things up, despite what other people say. If my parents had their way when I was younger, fantasy wouldn't be in my life; my heart dies without it and I refuse to let it go.

As time goes on the struggle will become easier, you learn the way to cope with the depression. Overcoming it yourself and finding that inner strength is the best way, but don't be afraid to ask professionals for help if you find that you can't shake it on your own. It's not sissy, it's not lame, it's your life; only you know what you need.
Gabriel Lynux
PostTue 04/22/03 8:16pm
Hey Daze why don't you hook me up with some of that Acid?
icon_mrgreen.gif

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha! Heh, sorry. I'm just realizing the variety of answers I've recieved. Oh well, I thank you all for having good intentions. And a little special thanks to those who try to sound a bit more serious. Nonetheless, I appreciate it all. kiss.gif

Oh well, can't reply to all the stuff you guys said. But thanks. I have people to talk to. But as the post said, not this morning. It's an age thing and all. It comes out differently depending on the person. And I've had this big...argument about it this evening and all. I'm pretty poofed.

But thank you all...I'll pull through. I always do, it seems.
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give in to your anger and depression. Feed them by listening to music both sad and somber, and fast and crazy. Let it drive you to the very brink of madness, where you look down into the dizzying inky-black depths of forever. When you see yourself looking back, your journey is complete.

Then you can settle down with a beer and some potato chips (with onion dip, of course) and play Dyso all night!!!

(good to hear you'll be alright, bra. lemme know if you want more suggestions on the whole "brink of madness" thingy)
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Cherrn
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 23 / 35 EXP: 23 / 35 EXP: 23 / 35
 65%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogt wrote:
kindo you need a girlfriend

A girlfriend!!?!?! He has Glorin once in a while, that should be enough icon_wink.gif

Zufal- Founder of the Obsidian Order in the name of Bane the Ultimate Tyrant- Human Monk

Irekean the Crimson Flame- Paladin in the service of the Flamelord Kossuth- Human Paladin
View users profile Send private message Send email
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, kindo, I know why you're feeling down.

I forgot to post for a while.

sorry, my bad everyone.

(listen to break stuff (limp bizkit) it doesn't really help, but it DOES make you want to go out and buy a chainsaw/chain/thumping stick to beat the shit out of something with. I prefer Squirrels. they give you a nice satisfied feeling when you hit 'em)
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey TP, could you come over to my house and kill/injure/maim/cause pain to some of the squirrells here? they seem to think its a good idea to live in our attic, and we can't figure out how to keep them away.

Kindo - I went through a period of pretty bad depression, if this is just a once every now and then (maybe once a month?) its not much to worry about, but if its more common than that, you should probably talk to a doctor about it.
Little Teapot
Deity

XP
 19%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malakalam wrote:
hey TP, could you come over to my house and kill/injure/maim/cause pain to some of the squirrells here? they seem to think its a good idea to live in our attic, and we can't figure out how to keep them away.

Get some Raid and spray it in their nests... then Lysol... lots and lots of lysol and febreeze in your attic... oh, and cover some tasty nuts with the raid... hehehe... like a mousetrap... an evil, evil mousetrap...
Matthijs says:
Matthijs says:
Malakalam
PostWed 04/23/03 2:10am
will that kill them or keep them away? If I kill them, I've got the chance that they'll die somewhere unreachable in my attic space.  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
Deity

XP
 19%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malakalam wrote:
If I kill them, I've got the chance that they'll die somewhere unreachable in my attic space.

That's what the lysol and febreeze is for...

Raid is highly toxic, so you'll probably end up with dead or extremely sick squirrels in your attic somewhere, but hey, it's their own damn fault they were in there...

Maybe instead of Nuts you could spray the raid into bird seed... if you actually put the spray cap underneath the surface of the birdseed than you may be able to get more of the toxin in it, plus you won't have as many fumes in your attic from the poisonous aerosol...
Matthijs says:
Matthijs says:
pyrosmurfs
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27
 25%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever seen an overwieght squirl?

I mean with eating only nuts and all, you know being all fatty and what not.

Although, they do alot of cardio...

Hrm, yah... cardio... <-- that one goes out to mala and TP
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
This one goes out to kindo to maybe make him laugh-->

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon
--------------
RPG's I'm very excited about:
-PSO 1&2
-Final Fantasy 11
-World of War Craft
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe Pyro..

"The U.S. Bigger Dicks foreign policy: What!? They have bigger dicks? BOMB THEM!!!"

A friend of mine has that in his MSN screenname icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*wakes slightly up from a stoned stupor*

did sum1 say limp bizkit break stuff? SWEET *pulls out a baseballbat and a chain saw*

*starts up jackass the movie*

lets get stupid icon_mrgreen.gif
Maelstrom696969
PostWed 04/23/03 2:44pm
Jon, I just want to say welcome back. And OMG, w00t to your new avatar.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: