DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

How does the forum translate to the game>

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Sep
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78
 76%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: How does the forum translate to the game> Reply with quote

I understand the forums are mostly out of character discussions. However, I was wondering if it also applies to the in character section. Can we take information learned in the in character forum into the game? What about information in DM events? What exactly, if any, information can be translated from this forum to the game?

Thanks!
View users profile Send private message
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can ! and should !

it's the best way to keep up with the Social world of Dyso ! now old if more people From the game came to post ic !

the IC fourm is completely IC and you can use everything form it IC

the events fourm, as of late, as BECOME ic icon_smile.gif by players wanting to RP ! ((very good news IMHO)) Thanks ! for asking ! any other questions !
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually play it as a newspaper type publication unless it says otherwise like *notice posted* or *letter found* The IC topic and occasionally some stuff in the Events forum can usually be carried into game. I do it all the time with Nei, it's really about the only way to get news across to players in different timezones ect.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Yep Reply with quote

I agree completely, the stuff on events and the IC forum. I think of like the local merchant gossip or something. Especially the events, there is no way they wouldn't be the talk of the town. I do however take it all with a grain of salt because of that. There is always more than one side to a story...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, how often do DM events happen? Ive been playing on Dyso for a while and besides seeing a lot of monsters spawn in front of me, I dont think ive ever felt the presence of the DM. Or is that reserved for the "old schoolers" that the DM has played with before? I have only recently begun to get into the in character politics as of late, having just registered on this board today. I really with I had known about it earlier. I like the involvements and the granular nature of the stories.
Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Dm's basically, from what ive seen DO thing's one of 2 ways ((mostly depending on the DM))

1. Pick a group of Favorite players and throw stuff and do quest with them *smile*

or

2. set up a quest, and the first one to find it, like a REAL PW can influence it !

Edit: and to Add on to my post, whos a DM
((in order of ranking i assume))

Brihurly, i doubt you will ever get a event from him ! but he could if he wanted to

conrad !: His events are Awesome ! he is a fair thoughtfull Dm ! if your char's a Moron,dont be upset if he get's killed Durring a conrad Event ! natural selection and all icon_smile.gif

Falknor: i havent been in to many of his events my self , but from the one's ive read they are Extreamly Roleplaying foccused and have some nice twist, i think i was in a small one of his, and it was RP focused

((everyone below is equal in rank forsay))
y: HIs events are AWESOME ! it's too bad im in a Different time zone than him ! i still get in more of his events then anyone else, he is almost ALWAYS running events of all Kinds ! MAN i cant belive i missed the salior strike !

kindo: his events vary of all knid's from Hack and slash to RPING ! but he's been depressed recently, and isnt doing any !

Dark strike : was fired, for good reason's

Last edited by Marine436 on Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nei
Hero

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Sep it happens all over and to everyone, half the time it's just dumb luck that you get caught up in one. You also have to be on the look out for them though. If you see an NPC you've never seen before like "girl" in the middle of eleriina then something is up. Just keep playing and you'll eventually get caught up in one. Although it usually helps to be a part of a big group or party.
Sep
PostTue 04/22/03 6:32pm
Thats what I figured. Guess Ill have to be more observant.  Reply with quote

gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: DM events Reply with quote

WOW Marine! What an assumption.

I don't think that is the case at all. The players that get most of the quest and events are the people that are on all the time and roleplay actively. The DMs and mods are on the forums all the time and regularly contribute to the forums and IC comments. This is a great way for them to get to know characters without being in game all the time. As a side note, I know people have requested DM events before and gotten them if a good case is made.

You need to get your finger on the pulse of the Dyso politics and get to know the regular players. A good way to do that is to get familiar with the guilds. Another way is to post and read regularly on the forums. I spend at least an hour on the forums a day, not that everyone has the time to do that...

Another thing. I was involved in something so amazing last night, I thought it was a DM event. Come to find out, it was another roleplayer! OMG what an amazing story and interesting stuff. Don't count out the power of associating with other amazing roleplayers. It is fantastic in the right group. (if you aren't interested in DM events for only items and exp that is)
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, nomally I do hang out in game with members of this forum on a regular basis. I am sort of a regular member of the Halfling group thats always running around with a Rod of Frost icon_smile.gif. I always hear of them doing DM events and such. I just thought they werent interested in me because I was never invited. I do RP when in public. I have started making influential and controversial friends. I see "*such and such* has joined as a Game Master" often, so I know I am in the right Time zone for things to happen. I always thought that it was only for the super-main-established roleplayers or firends of the GM/DM. I guess I will just have to get lucky.
Nei
Hero

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah Sep certainly not, I haven't been here for that long at all. Like I said it's often just dumb luck like this whole neverwinter thing, had you been walking around with Ali, Carloth, Selven, and Hurin at that time, you'd be a central figure in it. It's almost all chance. I'm sure some has to do with you proving yourself in game, but it doesn't matter WHO you roleplay with really just that you role-play. Like I said give it time and you'll probably hit a few. There are a lot of players here and DMs cannot be everywhere at once. Just keep playing and make yourself known, feel free to bud into situations too.
Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

WOW Marine! What an assumption.

wasent a assumption im speaking from my, and only my Experinces, im one of thoese players that have gotten a DM event, i even had conrad as my own personal DM one night, only shared with one other player ((although not on purpose))

Trust me when i say, i enjoy every DM event, and KNow that they try new Players out very much !

i was a new player not to Long ago !

so it wasent a assumption as it was form my views, the DM's focus on known roleplayers and poke arund new players for rpers, but then conrad DID just post that he is tired of deaing with players ((forgot thread))

sorry if it came off me being a jerk icon_redface.gif sometimes i sound like that !

but i mean well icon_biggrin.gif
gaea106
PostTue 04/22/03 7:55pm
I ain't mad... I love everyone, including you! emot-heartbeat.gif  Reply with quote

expansia
Grandmaster

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41
 24%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually, the easiest way to come across a DM event is to be in a major city (Eleriina and Kravenwood top the list) for at least part of the evening. Even just having a party member a city works. I don't know how many events have started with so-and-so tearing through town shouting about monsters attacking whatever. *smiles* The others might not be so apparent and involve actual players in on the event. One night Raiko (Xavier) was a murder suspect, which was a DM event. Another night, Nel goes insane and tries to take me out, which wasn't a DM event. Now I hear someone's stollen/replicated Wehnoka's character and is trying to kill people (a DM event). It's just hard to tell. The DM's have been getting tricky... icon_cool.gif

I miss the good old days where someone would shout "DM event in BF...hurry!" Oh, no...wait...I don't... icon_biggrin.gif
Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I ain't mad... I love everyone, including you!

awww

ok dont tell anyone im a softy, here emot-heartbeat.gif

in response to Expanise

yes the DMS have been getting sneaky !

Y most of all ! i dont know if he is on his CHAR OR setting up a event ! but he is great
Glorin
PostTue 04/22/03 10:08pm
marine can u please stop posting? Thanks.  Reply with quote

_MJ_
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 5 / 13 EXP: 5 / 13 EXP: 5 / 13
 38%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the most part all of the actual dm events have been alot of fun for everyone involved and i had a blast in the ones ive been in but ive also just heard of others since i missed them and all. as long as you make yourself known in the major cities theres a good chance you will become part of one but not always. pay attention when someone asks you something ic and not just "hey will you take me to the trolls?" and alot of the time theres an event associated with it somewhere that they are trying to solve something for or figure out whats going on. i think there isnt any senior player bs where only certain players get in so dont worry. ive done events with completely different parties doing them. just keep the rp up and the events will usually find you.
Sep
PostWed 04/23/03 1:27pm
Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate the input.  Reply with quote

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm sure your welcome sep, these people here seem really nice and friendly...(cough) icon_mrgreen.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: