DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

More XP for higher levels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Dark / Omen
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 20 / 22 EXP: 20 / 22 EXP: 20 / 22
 90%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: More XP for higher levels Reply with quote

Its like after 16th you hit retirement can we please have something that atlease gives 30xp better than 6-10 a kill. This low xp is starting to PKing sounding better and sense theres only a few thats up there in Lvls it leaves the lower lvls as prey.
View users profile Send private message
Kindo
PostWed 04/30/03 5:10pm
Always about the levels. icon_mad.gif  Reply with quote

M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prey to what I may ask ??? the ones I see praying on lower levels are the lower levels....the argument is flawed.The Xp is there slowly thats not the problem its death if I hadnt died Id be well above 16.But I did and it was me own foolish fault so dont blame design or mod.
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
Kindo
PostWed 04/30/03 6:43pm
Besides, killing off lowbies is not allowed.  Reply with quote

Gabriel Lynux
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 31 / 39 EXP: 31 / 39 EXP: 31 / 39
 79%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Omen on this one, my character is a monk and monks reach their true power at lvl 20 (perfect self, etc.) and seeing as I will never get there, it's a little disheartning to know that my character will never be the best he can be. I am at 16 and have officially gone into retirement.
icon_sad.gif
Kindo
PostWed 04/30/03 9:08pm
Hehe, nice kraftlam ursäkt. Everyone goes for the "my-character-wants-to-be-the-best-he-can-be excuse" for leveling. Liksås!  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he never said "my character wants to be the best he can be", he said "it's a shame that my character WON'T be the best he can be" (paraphrased)

also, the entire point of the EXP thing was to get the Uber 1337 pkers out

which doesn't make sense, because they're the only ones above level 16 anyhow.

ah well...
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea kindo take that u crazy swede

im sorry i love you

emot-heartbeat.gif
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Ectovult
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

it's a little disheartning to know that my character will never be the best he can be

a true powergamer's sentence... icon_confused.gif

The XP system is just fine... it sure got rid of many powerlamers... others are still resisting... but most of them are gone.
it's SUPPOSED to be HARD to get to lvl20 people... it's not something that you can achieve in like, 3 days, like it was before...
Stop thinking about levels and start thinking about ROLE PLAY... there are lots of things you can do with your characters that DONT REQUIRE high levels... Use your imagination...

If you're really meant to be lvl20, you'll get there... in the meantime, don't focus all your playing hours on it... enjoy Dyso.. try to make something usefull... role play people... role play...
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it PHYSICALLY possible to get to lvl 20? At 16 the skeletons give 18 xp each. Those things in the sylvandale sewers give 20. At 19, then will both probably be 0. Unless there are ways to earn xp through quests, I don't think it's physically possible.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Ectovult
PostThu 05/01/03 7:41pm
there are always DM events and stuff... and those can be pretty rewarding.. IF you at least try to RP...  Reply with quote

Jilessa
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20
 45%
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 1:30 am    Post subject: *GRR* Reply with quote

Okey...i ca so see the problem.
at lvl 15 i don't get to much either.

But who cares what you get for a darn skellie or whatever.
The thing is.On a rp server i think rp should be rewareded alittle more than perhaps 100 once a week.i mean.

I spend well over 90% of the time when i'm at dyso just rp'ing ,but what good has ever come from it?
just about 1k exp maybe...

i mean.rp'ing should be rewarded as well as powergaming...think of all teh people who would stop doing it then..

sorry for the booring post emot-yum.gif
Grusk
The Ownerizer

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main problem with that, Jilessa, is that Dungeon Masters are not always on or paying attention to award xp for roleplaying.

Heh, also it surprises me that someone who roleplays 90% of the time wishes experience for roleplaying on a roleplaying server.

Anyways, since I bothered to make a post i'll give my insight on the topic.

Yeah, I think there should be just a little (lot) more than 15 experience per skellie at 16th level. I mean, you would have to do nothing but power game or sneak into DM events to get to level 17. Although, many have done this, look around.

So up that xp at level 16 and above! At first the problem of power gamers was accomplished, but now fairly decent roleplayers are starting to run off. Only hardcore dress-up people and dedicated PK'rs will be left pretty soon.
pyrosmurfs
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27
 25%
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, you can see my veiws on the current dyso in 2 other threads now. But basically 3.x in an attempt to FORCE (and I do mean that in bold, itallics and underline) has basically pushed people away. Don't try to argue with me on that, look at the stats. The servers are no where near Krynn and that other one. They used to be, thats how I found the server, by filtering out the servers according to people. Dyso was always in the top 5. Now its not. Personally, and this is just me, and I'm willing to bet a few others, I enjoyed playing with MORE people who would sometimes roleplay, and sometimes not (but more half-assed than not at all) than play with the devourers by myself, and then have an arguement with the OTHER people down there about who was there first...............(if, by some god given chance, there are other people down there...)

*sigh* aww, fuck it...

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon
--------------
RPG's I'm very excited about:
-PSO 1&2
-Final Fantasy 11
-World of War Craft
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the system currently exists it IS possible to get to level 20. The same monsters people level on with at level 16-17 still give xp at level 19 ... just less. You are generally looking at around 7-8 xp per kill at level 19. That answers the question on is it POSSIBLE. Now is it probable? Somewhat but that's a whole lotta just hacking and slashing for days and days and days.

Gorb and I have been talking and Gorb's been leaning on Bri a bit (:icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif) ... it is possible that the xp and gold situations may be tweaked a bit to be a bit less extreme. It will be something more along the lines of what I said a while back ... have the xp slow down happen at level 8-9 or so rather than level 13 ... but not have it totally drop to nothing at level 15-16. The effect there is not to cap levels but slow it down across the board. Getting to level 20 will still be extremely difficult as the proposed changes aren't talking about a HUGE jump, but it would be easier than it is now ... the biggest change will be that you won't get to level 15 as fast as you can now, but you will move on to 20 faster ... if that makes sense.

There is no proposed change to the death system, we feel death system does what it is supposed to do. There is no change to the 5 level limit on kill-xp awards, either ... that does what it's designed to do. Some monsters do need to have their CRs adjusted up ... that's something we'd like to see done soon. The gold is probably going to get turned up a little bit but not much. I have no ETA on any of this happening, but the wheels are in motion, as it were.
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not make it so that when people get to lvl 19, it is impossible for them to get to lvl 20, unless they outstand themselves in a DM ran event.

As for people who say levels are not important for rp: then why not just GIVE the 19 lvls upon char creation? Levels are very important for rp as it creates diversity.
not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In RPG, it seems that power is defined by the player's desired role(s) for their character. There are many types of power, such as, political, monetary, strength/magical, and others. Likewise, a player's desired role for their character can determine the type and amount of power their character seeks. Therefore, there may be some balancing of power gaming and role playing, each inspiring the other. When a character reaches its maximum power, there is little left for the player to do but role play. When a character cannot acheive its player's desired role for lack of character power, there is little left for the player to do but power game.

Today the XP system was drastically "improved." It would seem that players should be able to relax a little now when developing their characters. Confident that they can reach level 20 in due time, they should feel more at liberty to role play.
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Why not make it so that when people get to lvl 19, it is impossible for them to get to lvl 20, unless they outstand themselves in a DM ran event.

Well, simply because there are not enough DM events that take place. Usually when they try, the server crashes, and not everyone can be online at the same time.

Its a good though, but since we don't have enough DM quests, we shouldn't do it.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but I feel that lvl 20 should be a kind of "grandmaster" level, and to earn it, you must do something special.

But I guess having the patience of sitting through 20000 skeletons is special enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: