DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Theres 8 people in dyso
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Ogt
PostThu 05/01/03 2:16pm
last 2 weeks ive seen 8 people in dyso whats goin on!!!!!!!

omg omg , krynn has 50, menzo has 40, omgs omgs

Kindo
PostThu 05/01/03 2:44pm
I have no idea. I've heard the servers are back to their old usual self, but what happened to all the players? Something fishy is going on...  Reply with quote

Y
PostThu 05/01/03 3:43pm
omg same planett different world...
server were gull evry night well delta was..

GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the forums being down didn't help matters any. And certainly, some of the issues (XP, gold, etc..) is another. But, I'm trying to work through these. Also, expect to see some pretty good changes regarding IC rules, laws, guilds, and so forth. I've been busy with the home and work life, but as many have seen lately, I've been slowly coming back into it more and more. But catching me (and sometimes Conrad) might be a little more difficult. I'm a late-night person, usually on after 22:00EST.
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the hard work gorb, we know ya try

the other's most likely think dyso is dead for good

i know i did for 2 day's

when a PW's fourm's and server go out, what DO you Expect.
GorbGuy

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine436 wrote:
..and server go out, what DO you Expect.
The servers didn't go out, they just moved a bit. Most found them pretty easily by just looking on GameSpy.
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh ?

i dont use lamespy

i use a direct connect to any server i play NWN on

and it get's really annyoing with 2 cd key's 3 char's on dyso and 2 computers, what cd key on what server on what char played when a server rebooted,

just to update all 18ish short cut's take's 5 min....hehe...
Malakalam
PostThu 05/01/03 6:20pm
I haven't been around because of finals, maybe thats part of whats keeping the users away. I'll be active again in about 2 weeks.  Reply with quote

AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i know alot of people are out because of school right now.....
and tha servers do switch addressess i had to re-add um to my favorites list twice already hehe
View users profile Send private message
Glorin
PostThu 05/01/03 7:51pm
did you hear that ogt is a swedish/japanese robot?  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I too have noticed that dyso is losing players. There are a few things that I blame this on...

Low-beginning levels: New people start off on the eastern isle... since we have way more returning people than we do newbie people, there are little to no parties going around on this island. It's a cool idea, but there is no point to it. You get to the top of the hill.... nothing... no point whatsoever. Just to level? Nah... a role player would prefer to start at level one with true HCR, any other player would prefer to start at least at level three.

Death: Especially at low levels and eastern isle. The death penalty is harsh... almost too harsh. I don't think that there should be a wait since the XP/Gold loss is SO uber fantasticly bastard, and since xp gain is very little. Currently, the new dyso has been around for... what, a month and a half now? And there are STILL no level 20's? Again... good idea, but bad for new players.

Gold System: Hmm.. I find it rather ridiculous how you only get money from gems and not from other things. I understand that we are trying to encourage trade between players, but recieving a mere 5 gold for a Longsword +1 is absolutely nuts.

Soul Seekers: 'nuff said

Perfect Unities: Great idea! But unless they are flawless, all they do is bitch about having your weapon out and nothing else.. they don't attack monsters, and sometimes they follow you outside of the town and bitch about YOUR weapon when there are other monsters with THEIR weapons out...

Quests: There are currently...*thinks*... 2 actual quests on dyso that I know of. Ones that update your journal anyway. There is the Ale quest (gopher boy which a TON of people, when role play, don't feel its their job to do), and the Emerald Armor, which very few people even GET that high of level to begin with.

Item Level Restrictions: I really don't think that with the XP system being as harsh as it is that there should be an Item Restriction.

Again, don't forget that these are OPINIONS. Don't blow your steam off at me. But I think that these should seriously be looked at. I don't think that all the people are leaving dyso simply because the servers are down, but because they are finding other mods, getting bored with Neverwinter in general (like me), or just play sick of it. Think it over...

All in all, I still love dyso, but we are losing a ton of players. There have been quite a few times when I get on and there are only 5 or less people on. Albeit I generally get on at night, but still, even then there is usually 15-20 people around. And during the day its almost always packed.. but not anymore.

I really think that we should take another look at these things. I believe that they seriously discourage new comers. The module is in the RP section and when most people see that they start out at level 1 they think its really good rp.. not just a hack and slash server.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its pathetic compared to the days when we'd get 68 people on...

can we just bring back LV Dyso? Seriously after LV was scratched everything went downhill... icon_cry.gif
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Uin
PostThu 05/01/03 8:27pm
LV, bring it back!!!  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
PostThu 05/01/03 8:30pm
Although if you put LV back... you could almost consider this an Arena style module.  Reply with quote

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost, LV dyso was never really solely arena. It was alot more fun when Gesh would make up artifact quests for us to do, such as the eye of planar rememberance, the bringer of life, and the eye of the dragon. But now with a wide range of people and "roleplay" we can't do that anymore, and a wider range of things are worked on. it becomes work not play....
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Ectovult
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i think pretty much everyone has noticed it... Dyso is really down lately... the servers are rarely full, and even when they are, you can't see a single person in town... they're all out there hacking and slashing...

The problem IS indeed the players...

But I do think that some mistakes have been made that contributed to this...
I'm talking about priorities... Although the devs have been doing a GREAT job, they have their own list of priorities, that might not be the best.

For example, people are anxious for the trade skills... everyone is waiting for them to come... everyone thought they would come with 3.x.. but they didnt... with 3.x came a lot of difficulties like harsher death, more difficult XP system and a whole new economy system... all great ideas, but all of them make the character's life much harder... this can be rather disencouraging...

Another thing is full guild support... promised a long time ago, but in the bottom of the "priority list" i mentioned...
We all know very well that guilds are one of the most important things in Dyso... the late guild wars gave people a lot of brand new RP possibilities, and having organized groups of characters is ALWAYS benefic.

Then there's quests... new quests have also been delayed because of "more important" things... like FoxBoyTails said, there are basically two quests in Dyso... people don't have other things to do, besides bashing trolls...

All of these things were things that people expected to see, and actually didn't... I think that what actually happened was that people had their hopes up with the coming of 3.X and got a bit disappointed...

I think this explains what's happening... a bit of fresh air is needed...
We all love Dyso, and we all want to see it at its best... if we all work together, we can definetly get somewhere...
Marquis Drayfox
PostFri 05/02/03 5:18am
Very well said Ectovult.  Reply with quote

Truia
PostFri 05/02/03 11:01am
The servers are empty since alot of people are in the process of taking exams..... my sister is doing her cooking exams today  Reply with quote

Ogt
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont care about excuses about exams etc
the point is KRYN has 50 players and MENZO something like that, and we were right up there,

now everytime i log in im lucky if theres more than 10 people
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
even that mod that steals players from dyso ,the punks that hate conrad "cough ARKADIA cough" have more plaers sometimes....

i say make it easier to lvl up to 11 so people are happy with their haste,
and after that ,it can be pretty much the same,

most people that have talked to me and never come back say that they were sick of eastern island
sick of waiting all that long time to respawn , their point is they are sick of it being so hard in low levels.

they get so sick of eastern that they leave it at lvl 3!!!!!!! and then since theres no players on at all , they have no one to help them to get through 5.

in the words of all mighty dough the average, "i come here to have fun, if you make it that hard, its not fun anymore"

point is MAKE IT EASY TO LVL UP AT LEAST TO 10 or 11

Last edited by Ogt on Sat May 03, 2003 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total
Ectovult
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, actually reaching lvl 5 is not a big problem. Try not getting out of eastern island at lvl 3 and staying there until you get to lvl 5... you get it in no time.. no trouble at all.
The problem are the rest of the levels after level 5... now THOSE are hard...
You can't get to the monsters that give more XP because you die in the process, and you get crappy XP from monsters that still manage beat the crap out of you...

Worst of all, although the economy system has changed and you have a LOT LESS money... most of the items you need to kick some monsters' butts are TOO expensive...

Result = hard as hell to play... hard as hell to get to high levels...

This was supposed to be good and improve RP, but Im starting to wonder if it's working... icon_rolleyes.gif
Uin
PostFri 05/02/03 12:49pm
LOCAL VAULT! LOCAL VAULT!  Reply with quote

Ectovult
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think LV would solve the problem... you know very well how things were in that time...
I mean... do you want a bunch of super uber massive PKing characters running around?
And what about trade skills... what use will we have to those when we can get every goddamn item we want?
You want to turn Dyso into a massive arena?

That's just NOT fun...

Yes, it can be a little fun IN THE BEGGINING... but frankly, I like SV much better than I liked LV...
Marquis Drayfox
PostFri 05/02/03 7:18pm
Yeah, I also don't think Local Vault will fix anything... too many hacked characters.  Reply with quote

Truia
Grandmaster

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45
 71%
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krynn usually gets up to around 80 at all times of the day and Menzo that is their regular popluation since alot of there players dont goto anyform of school.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
pyrosmurfs
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27
 25%
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post here also, like Fox did in the other thread:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pretty much agree with Ogt and Fox. As a pre-whipe person myself, its really hard to adjust to the new dyso. Pillb0x and myself joind Dyso at the same time (we were physically on the phone and naming off servers to join, we tried out a few before dyso) and what we both found interesting at first was the 5 free levels and the gold you start off with. Here's exactly how our first visit went:

We walk off the boat and spend alot of money on the cheap lady with the crappy items (lol we didn't know the market was bigger ) and then come to find out that there is more people with better items. We kinda bitched and moaned, but realized we have more money and actually enough to get the items we want. We then kind of stumble around Ele looking for something and by chance happen upon the fountain. BY GOD were there a ton of people at the fountain and at the time, we didn't know who was who (and admittingly this might have been better(suggesting removal of names above head)). We were still on the phone and were freaking out at how huge and magical it seemed. Everyone was roleplaying and we were introducing our Chars to alot of the people. We then hooked up with some people who showed us out to the bandits and Orges...

Thats pretty much my fondest memory of Dyso, and what has driven me to stay this long. When I think about that though, being my first interaction with Dyso and its people, I can't help but think of what the new commers have to put up with. NO WONDER no one is staying around. From my understanding the Isles were put there to take on the returning flood of regulars... well thats over... why don't we just get rid of them? You can find the same enemies out there that you can in Dyso...

Also, as Ogt was saying about comfortable levels, I believe thats exactly the case with all of the people hanging around the fountain.

Although I couldn't seem to get to the forums for the past few weeks, I wasn't planning on annoucing it anyway, but I haven't been playing for about a month now. I'm at level 13 and level erm, 7 I think. It's dull as hell. There aren't any RP expierences, and if there are, they aren't anything like Pre-Whipe. And leveling is sooo boreing. At level 13 I hang out with the Devourers and get like 89 exp per frog. I needed initially like over 10k to level to 14. What the hell is this?? I dunno... it's sad to say that in an attempt to force RP, what has actually happened is people are leaving. I need not speak for Pill but I believe it is mutual amongst him also. Not so much what I have said, but towards the mod and actually playing. I enjoy playing with alot of other people on the server, but personally, it's not any fun if Pill isn't playing anymore.

On a side note, what the expected date for Rebirth?

Anyway, I'll still be on the forums (if they decide to be consistant!!!) and see if the mod is being fixed through it, but I don't think I'll play anymore. For the time being. Take it easy everyone and have fun, not with just the game, but also with life...

--+> Paul

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've often wondered myself what would happen if I could fish up a server and a good connection and conn someone into giveing me Dyso 2.x and all the Chars that were there..................... icon_rolleyes.gif

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon
--------------
RPG's I'm very excited about:
-PSO 1&2
-Final Fantasy 11
-World of War Craft
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
BriHurley
The Lord of Kravenwood Estates

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41
 34%
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you have heard but I fixed the XP system so on the eastern Isle you level up really really really fast. That should help the movement to Eleriina and the real Dyso World......

bow.gif bow.gif pimp.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jon316
PostSun 05/04/03 3:56pm
............. icon_mrgreen.gif  Reply with quote

Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Bri!
Gimme B!
Gimme an E!
Gimme an E!
Gimme an R!
What's that spell!?

wait, I was gonna spell Bri...
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really wish they would put that smaller server up as local vault so some of the older players could kick back and enjoy, i mean come on, the server is always at 0/15 if it was local vault it wqould be full and people desperately wanting to get in, hacked up peeps aside!.... lol
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Bri told me he made the following change concerning Eastern Isle ...

As it was, once you left, you couldn't get back ... if someone you knew was a new lowbie and you were still low yourself, you couldn't go back to help and if they were alone, they were pretty much stuck.

The newest change will allow lower level characters to be able to talk to the ship captain and return to Eastern Island and assist any new characters that need help. I believe the cap was set at level 7 ... once you are level 8, you cannot return to the island.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: