DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

What's up with the OSB!?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: What's up with the OSB!? Reply with quote

In my six weeks on Dyso, I have encountered several OSB members and have had an opportunity to party with them in game. I can say I like many of them, but they are also probably the biggest organized group of power gamers and DM event seekers I have ever seen on Dyso. Look at their average character level sometime when you are logging in... it speaks for itself. The last OSB member I spoke with was REALLY excited because they were certain they could be the first to level 20 as long as no one PK'ed them... which might explain why they are SO against PK'ing (though I understand there is RP motivation for this as well, but that is really no different than an evil character's RP motivation to PK goodies).

Now take the White Guard (WG). Earedia and Doc Healem are always helping newer characters get equipped and learn their way around. They frequently "man" their posts. You know what? Doc and I were the same level two weeks ago. He plays as often as I do (I see him on alot). Now, he is rated "easy" to me. On the other hand, nearly every one of the OSB is rated challenging or very difficult for me and I started my character the first day of the new Dyso version. How is that fair? But then. I suppose LIFE is unfair, huh?

The only time I see OSB helping another character is when they have an opportunity to kill a trouble-maker or, more frequently, when they are helping a lower level "friend" level up really fast in the crypts. In fact, I saw Jilessa getting onto her IC sister the other day for Power Gaming.

Also, just the other day the OSB was gathering in Eleriina. My character was standing around and it was politely suggested that I leave because they were about to have an OSB-like meeting... in Eleriina... next to the merchants!

Next day, I am running around the crypts with a very prominent OSB memeber. No RP'ing going on, just smashing skellies so fast we were taking down the next before the first could hit the ground! (It really was kinda cool, I have to admit). As we were going along, these reddish colored creatures that looked like Soul Seekers started popping up here and there. The OSB member was certain we were about to get involved in a DM event. They checked with a DM and found out it wasn't going to happen, at least not yet. As soon as this was discovered, the OSB member says they are going to log off for awhile... okay fine. We got split up before they did (I just decided to stop and think of what I wanted to do next) and the next thing I know they are fighting a dragon placed far away from me and near to them (or so they said in Party chat).

You know, I'm not against the OSB. They can be an assest to Dysotopia. But it seems like they get many, many perks. Maybe I should go make a Paladin so I can enjoy this Mod as much as they do, LOL!

I know... let's ALL go make Paladins!!!
View users profile Send private message
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about that guy being lvl 20 first. I think Kyra made it this morning.

Anywho, I know little of the OSB to post any opinion.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno what OSB parties you've been in, but even my non-OSB chars in those parties always RP.

The OSB always party together, do events together, share equipment together, hence the promenance thru organisation.

And the OSB is not a pally guild, its an LG guild that would even take in barbarians it they were seen fit.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I choose not to name names, Uin. I have partied with more than half-dozen OSB and I like plenty of them just fine... though on average they are no better at role playing than many others I have travelled with.

Aside from the rant that I posted above, let's say it would be hypocritical for the OSB to judge other characters OOC and unfair for any of their members to hold the OOC power to boot any player. These are my FINAL points.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Order of the Shining Blade is made up of many different types of characters with the common thread being an alignment restriction of LG, LN and NG ... the general bend of the group is towards law, order, and good. The bulk of the members tend towards melee types and/or paladins, but not exclusively. As with any organization, there will be those who play the role better than others ... and there are those in the organization, as with any group, who tend to be a bit "pushy" moreso than others. Of course it will always be the "worst examples" that stick out in folks minds. I try to be selective in the membership and some of the people who are often considered "members" by some folks are not members at all. The "OSB party" tends to get rather large in game because it always seems to be picking up new characters as it spreads out. "Hey I just ran into so-and-so, OK to invite?" "Yeah, sure, they always seem like a decent sort." It's an effort to be inclusive by inviting various non-members to party with, just being neighborly as it were. If OSB stuck to just partying with members, then the complaints would be that it's a bunch of people who refuse to play with anyone else. Suffice to say there's been more than one case when there have been people claiming to be OSB who were not. When in doubt, ask them to show you their ceremonial sword. If they can't or won't ... I would be skeptical about them telling the truth. Just because someone is in party with a lot of OSB members doesn't mean that they are members themselves, even if they may represent themselves as such.

At any rate ... this post seems to get to a larger issue that many people seem to have confused. The OSB is not there to judge anyone's RP in game or to act as some sort of moderator force in game. There are in-game moderators who are members of the OSB, but not all moderators are OSB members. When dealing with moderating OOC issues ... people breaking rules, exploiting, harassing, PKing and otherwise being jerks, members of the OSB who ARE moderators should be acting approaching the problem in an OOC manner. Moderator jailing and that sort of thing are OOC actions and are not related to in game IC organizations. If Muric jails someone for killing lowbies in the forest, it's an OOC jailing and no more an action of the OSB than Kindo doing same would reflect on the League of Shadows.
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, Raven... I never said it was a guy or a girl.

Oh, and congratulations to you, Kyra!

Anyway... I guess I'll never be invited to the OSB icon_rolleyes.gif
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Suffice to say there's been more than one case when there have been people claiming to be OSB who were not. When in doubt, ask them to show you their ceremonial sword. If they can't or won't ... I would be skeptical about them telling the truth.

Thank's Conrad... this is good info that no OSB member had ever offered.. nor did I know to ask!
Nefiorim
PostThu 05/08/03 10:25pm
Ceremonial sword? WTH?
How's testing going on the guilds anyhow..

not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

LG guild that would even take in barbarians it they were seen fit

Uh, Uin... Barbarians cannot be lawful!!!
Uin
PostThu 05/08/03 10:45pm
Go read the OSB mandate, explains all.

LN, LG, NG, barbarians can be NG. Get it up ye!

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falk and I have talked a bit about getting with the various guilds that basically "have their house in order" so we can work them into quest stuff and related material. Insofar as specific support like guild signature items (like the OSB ceremonial sword -- which is not something that you can actually use as a weapon) and guild headquarters ... that kinda falls on Bri. As with the formation of Naratyr, this stuff seems to have sorta been sidetracked as Bri has been working on other things. There is already some support items in the mod for some various guilds and some are in use (OSB and White Gaurd ... as the WG have their item as well as a uniform robe) and others are sitting idle as the groups they were originally intended for have since basically folded.
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Uin... CN here... and you previously only mentioned LG for the OSB. By the way, where is the OSB mandate? No one in the OSB that I have had the pleasure of RP'ing with has ever mentioned it to me or my character.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allow me to provide said mandate ... otherwise known as the Charter ... it is posted elsewhere, but you'd probably have to dig for it.

Charter

The Order of the Shining Blade is a collection of like-minded adventurers who have banded together to protect the realms of Dysotopia from abject lawlessness and unmitigated evil. The Order respects the rights of all citizens of the realm, regardless of race, religion, or ethical/moral bend, but will intervene on the behalf of rightful rulers and/or the general citizenry when the established law or general good are threatened. The Order seeks to maintain order in the lands so that the citizens may feel free to pursue their ambitions. The Order seeks to assist individuals in their struggles, when possible, and nurture those who respect the tenets which the Order holds dear. Only those who make a mockery of the law or who pose a general threat to all need to fear the judgement of the Shining Blade.

Duty, Honor, Dignity, Courage.

Purpose

It is the purpose of the Order of the Shining Blade to uphold the above listed charter and patrol the lands of Dysotopia towards that end. The authority of the Order is primarily centered in the established settlements of Eleriina, Sylvandale and Kravenwood, but extends to neighboring territories such as the Eleriina Valley, Southern Great Forest, and the Kravenwood Lowlands.

The Order of the Shining Blade is not a group of bounty hunters, but a multi-regional organization which is ever wary of upholding the given laws and accepted practices of a region and protecting the citizens within. The Order endeavors to make it so the residents may conduct their lives within their home cities without fear of maniacal evil or anarchy.

The Order stands for justice and the general good of all, and desires to resolve that which it can without conflict. The Order also understands that some cannot be reasoned with and only recognize justice delivered from the end of a blade.

General Rules

Afford all due respect to other members of the Order, not simply those who carry higher rank.

Patrol the regions in balanced parties, seeking to uphold the Order's charter and help those in need if their ends are noble.

Afford courtesy to those who are courteous to you, regardless of their affiliation or profession.

Be patient with those who are less worldly and/or hold different views, but do not compromise on the principles which the Order holds dear.

Deal with hostility with intellect as well as might, defending those who are in need and bringing to justice those who would run roughshod over that which the Order holds forth as true.

Endeavor to fight with dignity and honor should a matter escalate into open combat.

Afford mercy when merit calls for it, but to not shirk from delivering final judgement on those who deserve such.
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to keep beating on this topic... it seems I have half the posts. My character has been recruited by WG members (though I declined on account of CN alignment and the contradiction that would pose to how I like to RP this character - pretty much a lone warrior and avid hunter). However, I am fond of at least two WG members and keep up with them both OOC and sometimes IC. Pardon my saying so in such a crass manner... it is my opinion that they got the sh*t end of the stick! It seems they are always stuck in Eleriina helping newbies get equipped and learning their way around Dyso. But I never hear these particular two WG members complain... though their characters are now weaker than many whom they have accomodated. IMHO, the WG is more "helpful" than the OSB.

Anyway, I hear what you say about the limitations on certain well-oraganized guilds. That is beyond your control. As a final thought on this topic, I will say that I hope the OSB members do not take their status for granted. It would seem that it is due, in part, to unavoidable limitations on other guilds. I must also take a moment here to compliment the developers of Dyso for producing perhaps the best module on GameSpy... good job!!! Hopefully there will be future opportunity and incentive for other guilds to organize themselves effectively!
not_so_unique
PostThu 05/08/03 11:55pm
Thanks Conrad... you have been extremely patient and helpful!  Reply with quote

MerchanT
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22
 13%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you've been basically set straight but I'm not in the OSB, nor do I have any interest in being, but I party with them all the time and they are a fine group of RP'ers... They do regular patrols to help _everybody_ whether it's their friends or any other thing. I dunno about the "first one to reach level 20" thing but whoever said that--whether they were in the OSB or not--their OSB affiliation had nothing to do with it.

Adam

/ Meet the Mos'viels! /
* Baleric * Finn * Mordecai *
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, MercahnT, I'm not sure what you mean by "set straight." I don't believe that is what Conrad was attempting to do. Inform, yes... "set straight" in a condescending manner as the phrase implies, no.

I am now aware that those whom I have a rant about may not even be OSB.

Anyway, I said what I meant and I meant what I said... and I think I have now said more than enough.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not been trying to be malicious in these replies but to deal with some misconceptions that some people have. If it came off that I was trying to slam on anyone, I obviously picked poor wording.
not_so_unique
PostFri 05/09/03 12:48am
Conrad, your words were civil and their meaning was informative. They were not taken by me as malicious in any form. Thanks again for your input!  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing that just popped back into my mind ... I will credit Solo_Core for this gem of wisdom, it helped me out a whole bunch when I was feeling a bit "down" about how it seemed any sort of OOC punitive action taken against someone was immediately deemed "the OSB cracking down on people."

I won't quote directly, but the point of his thoughts were thus --

You will always have two groups of people in a module like Dyso.

1) The people who approach it real loose and pretty much flip-flop their character's point of view to suit whatever is happening right in front of them ... just "playing for the moment" and not taking anything too seriously.

2) The people who take it fairly seriously (sometimes too seriously) and put a lot of time into their character bios and history and try to stick with a character concept and personality no matter what happens.

These two groups of people will have both "good" and "evil" elements in them and when the people from group 1 are playing with other group 1 folks, things are generally fine. Similarly, when people from group 2 are playing with other group 2 folks, things will be generally fine. It is when you have people from group 1 playing with/against people from group 2 where you have problems. The folks from group 1 are generally looking at it from the angle of "so you died, big deal, go kill some more trolls and you'll be fine." or "Heh, you killed me, well once I get rezzed I'll come back and give you some more, I'm just having some fun." A group 2 person is thinking, however, "this is unrealistic and silly, what is with these people and all their stupid names and comments?" and/or "You were killed because you are a menace and need to learn a lesson, you come back after me and you're ignoring any sort of rational thought your character would have."

Granted those examples aren't perfect or absolute, but I think most folks will get the general idea. The point is that there's basically an issue of two colliding game cultures that, when mixed, lead to all sorts of hate and discontent. You can have 2 groups, one "good" and one "evil" that merrily bash each others heads in all day long for no other reason than its fun and no one may say a word about it. If, let's say, the "good" group 1 folks decide to go after a known group 2 "evil" organization, problems WILL arise. The group 2 evil folks are gonna flip out because while they are trying to play their plotting and schemeing and so forth ... they've got a horde of "goodies" just trying to tear them a new orifice with no rhyme nor reason behind it ... the group 1 people, that's how they've always handled it, why should this be any different? The group 2 "evil" people, however, are more used to their somewhat "orchestrated" fights and plottings with their usual "good" group 2 foes. That clash of approach and culture generates a whole pile of problems and, basically, everyone needs to be edging towards group 2 thinking on a true RP server. This is not to say that there is anything patently wrong with the group 1 approach, but in the eyes of the administration, the group 2 approach is going to be given more weight.

Did that make any sense at all? Heh. weirdlook.gif
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes perfect sense to me. The same is true in PnP... but there are "in-person" factors that regulate who plays together in PnP!

I came from a PnP background. For my first dive into NWN, I chose to RP CN instead of CE as I am new to RP in a graphic game engine. Clearly, NWN communication is limited by a lack of verbal communication, body language, voice inflection, and mood. It is very difficult to state one's intentions both IC and OOC in a timely manner, especially when one's typing skills are crude at best.

Even in PnP, players of evil characters are especially challenged in RP'ing as most players tend to lean toward good and scorn unabased evil actions on the part of PCs toward other PCs, and even sometimes NPCs. As a result, the DM usually gets stuck with the task of RP'ing evil in PnP. I have seen a few really good evil characters in PnP that carefully crafted their ambitions well in advance of their actions. The very best ones did not let the group of players in on their schemes... only the DM! Yes, they PK'ed (er, CK'ed), and it was never taken well by the person who RP'ed the victim... but that is understandable in PnP since death is generally permanent unless someone is high enough level to rez or raise... though I have seen DM's do it anyway just to keep everyone happy. I have also seen evil characters meet their own demise in failing to effectively impliment their plans. But never in PnP have I seen a DM allow a PC to go off on another PC and attack them for no apparent reason (unless of course the DM and others wanted the player out of the group).
Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah and i agree Conrad. I myself thing the OSB guild is quite awsome and very interesting. I've played with West and a few other members and they seem greatand very good roleplayers to me and they're FUN to play with. So what if they're higher levels? Maybe they have more time to play or something its not like it affects much as far as roleplaying goes
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jase, your lips are stuck in a pursed position. icon_lol.gif

Eh, sorry, couldn't resist.... after all, this is the complaints, rants and flames forum!

Actually, thanks for your input, Jase. Though it would be nice to hear from an OSB member other than Conrad or Uin.

Please allow me to restate that I am not ranting about the existence of OSB, nor ALL of its members. I am ranting about the social imbalance that the OSB seems to have created for actual living, breathing, human players who sit behind their computers and devote their time and creativity to the Dyso community. I was concerned that certain OSB members seem to have the power to boot players for "misconduct"... without question or explanation... and according to their interpretation of "proper" RP. And yet, in my opinion, there exist (professed, but not confirmed) members of OSB who are no better at RP than anyone else!!!

Conrad has informed me that OSB does NOT have the power to boot players (though one could still imply that certain members DO have that power acting outside of the OSB). In fact, it is only moderators who can "jail" players for OOC reasons. I accept this as true.

This does not erase the fact that (supposed) OSB members have called on other PCs that I know and informed them that they were not properly RP'ing. It really seems hypocritical to me when I think about it... but like Conrad said, I cannot be sure they were even OSB as they stated. I am still trying to figure out how to take this IC so I can get more info on what has transpired... but again... I speak too much.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me put it this way, too, unique, nothing ever shcoks me. Would I be "shocked" to learn that someone who IS an OSB member running around telling people ...

"OOC - your RP sucks, you need to do better."

No, I wouldn't ... because people are people and try as we might to establish a particular code of conduct for OSB members to abide by, Big Daddy (namely me) isn't always around. And when the cat is away ... well you know about the damn mice. I know bloody well that many people get on their very best behavior when I am around (and I don't mean just OSB people either, though it applies there as well). Then when they they see me go they breath a sigh of relief and go back to their regular programming.

This is why I am so adamant about people coming to me if they see something that looks all wrong along these lines. The OSB is a somewhat "closed" group in that it's not something you just walk up and apply to be a member. That is our first step in trying to weed out the bad canidates ... we rely on references and referrals and so forth and then there is a probationary period. Even with that ... there will always be the chance of those who get in and then go back to a more "comfortable" style of play. I take the conduct of OSB members in game seriously not only as the "guildmaster" but also from the angle of a player and DM. Sometimes screwups happen due to stupid things and people over-react, etc. Sometimes it's more than that and it gets dealt with in kind.
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_rolleyes.gif ... I just imagined myself in your position for a moment, Conrad... Wow!

Well, I can say that I personally have never bothered to check if and when you or any other mod/DM is on. I just don't play that way. I choose to maintain my own personal standards which are well within the guidelines of the C.R.O.E. and much higher than those that most would have for me. Besides, I really don't even know you (IC or OOC) and I can only imagine you are too busy to endure my slow typing in game... icon_lol.gif !

Maybe the "trouble" I sense, and hence the rant, is that OSB standards may tend to obscure Dyso standards. I think it is important to keep a clear distinction between the two, as you have suggested. It is important for the livlihood and prosperity of the Dyso community. I don't just say this to certain OSB members, but to the Dyso community as a whole. It seems that you appreciate this, Conrad. I also think you are on track when you speak of getting other guilds active, recognized, and accepted. I have talked to others and there are verified OSB who would honor this. But one can't do it all alone. Is it possible that OSB could require less of your time? Or, could other mods/DMs nurture other guilds under your direction?

I really hope the Dyso community (especially with regard to newer players) doesn't get the impression that they are the "townsfolk" and the OSB is there to protect them and "guide" them both IC and OOC (or ruin their day both IC and OOC if they oppose the OSB, even within RP). Dyso is a big place with lotsa room for lotsa people with lotsa ambition and ideas. It would be a shame if it were to be lost on an elite group with particular members that try to define "acceptable" role playing for all.

Otherwise, I REALLY would like input from other OSB members on this topic... I shall not respond (unless it is requested) but I WILL read. Besides, it takes me too long to craft, er, type these posts!
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps....

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=52137#52137
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not always going to be possible for an "admin-type" to be a part of every group ... that's just simply reality. That said, however, Moderators are to be conducting their moderating duties in an OOC manner and that means sometimes a moderator may well have to deal with someone who is a member of their group who is acting out of line. People need to just keep in mind that the administative stuff happens "outside" the Dyso world in a manner of speaking. It's a player-to-player issue, not unlike a sidebar with the DM when you are playing PnP.

Above and beyond that ... the DMs do have a duty to try to be as inclusive as they can be on things. Players are not so bound, but DMs should try to spread things out as best they can so different people can always have a shot at getting involved in something. Along these lines ... the DMs need to be willing to work with the regonized organizations to help them further their IC roleplay and agenda when possible.

Some would seem to think that admin-types cannot (or should not) be allowed to play in the game as a player. That admin-types basically should just play referee in game all the time and never actually play. If an admin-type wanted to adopt this stance, that is their choice and I'd be totally supportive of it ... but none of the admins get compensated for their in game OOC moderating/admin duties ... they do it to try to help make the experience better for the most players as possible within the design set forth by the developers. I can speak clearly for myself that were it to come to pass that I was told "you are an admin and have to stick to that, you can't also play" I'd be outta here. As it stands the admin stuff takes up 80% of my dyso time ... but I look forward to that 20% when I can kick back and play in the world that I love. I do what I do for the love of the game and the module ... and if I couldn't also play some, too, I'd lose that fun.
MerchanT
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22
 13%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when you came into this post you had kind of a huge misconception that the OSB was "probably the biggest organized group of power gamers and DM event seekers I have ever seen on Dyso." I guess it's possible that you still have that misconception but it didn't sound like it. I wasn't intending for the term "set straight" to be condescending though.

Adam

/ Meet the Mos'viels! /
* Baleric * Finn * Mordecai *
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing it, MerchanT.

Conrad has made it clear that there are OSB "posers."

Guess what... it turns out that one of those whom I was ranting about probably isn't OSB at all! Not confirmed, but evidence suggests they are a poser.

Conrad, I have great respect for what you do for Dysoptopia. Keep it up!

Out.
Chains
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 9 / 9 EXP: 9 / 9 EXP: 9 / 9
 100%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not_so_unique wrote:
Pardon my saying so in such a crass manner... it is my opinion that they got the sh*t end of the stick! It seems they are always stuck in Eleriina helping newbies get equipped and learning their way around Dyso.

Im sure u ment short end of the stick....

l can see how this my seem like a drag but really is an honor to work with and educate new players... often a players first impression of a server will determin if they will stay or not. We try to help new imagrants, (many ive worked with just bought the game) feel at home and encourage RPing. l usually dont mention that lm in the WG unless a extened conversation brings it out.

We do this for all new players regardless of alinment or RP'ing abilty or RP'ing preference. During this time l personally try to steer them toward the path of Light.

After the player has become acclimated to Dysotopia, and RP's an evil char then there on there own lol!

This is what LG is all about. Lawful or law-abiding and good natured. All LG char should do this to some extent. Not that you have to spend all you time helping new players or giving to the poor. But by joining a LG oraizaion is kinda like signing up for the Peace Corps. If players dont like these types of acts then a LG char or organization isnt for them icon_rolleyes.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: