DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

If I was a super mega-dictator...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 5:58 am    Post subject: If I was a super mega-dictator... Reply with quote

I would not hesitate to ban anyone who multiclass in a lame way (ie just one or two levels to achieve those extra feats, skills or whatever).

I would not hesitate to ban anyone choosing Magic and Air as domains.

I would not hesitate to ban anyone spending hours and hours monster-hunting just to achieve that "glorious" level 20 ("I'll start roleplaying when I'm level 20").

(OK, just wanted to share that. I'll update with more stuff later. Have to get my ass to school so I can spit on my teacher.)

Feel free to play dictator yourself. It's just a fantasy.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Truia
Grandmaster

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45
 71%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY if you like those you should consider being a DM on Anphillia they are like that tehre........ cept they dont allow multi class in anyway

if you go monster hunting alone or for a long time going back and forth between areas the DM kills you (HCR so that really does hurt)

as for domains I have never made a cleric there so I wouldnt know
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I must say I like the way you think, Kindo! I also am astounded that certain persons multi-class just one level of fighter and one level of rogue to compliment their cleric's ablilities, for instance.

But, as you say, dictator is but a fantasy away. In the meantime, to each their own, eh?

Can't wait to hear more on this.

Also, why you wanna spit on your teacher? They's beings, too! icon_twisted.gif
View users profile Send private message
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anphillia went steeply downhill because of its bitching old-skool loving dictator DMs. I don't think they realise that the DM can't control the chars, only the situations.
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup... that is a very good code to follow right there, Uin. Everyone has an opinion on what is good character development but those opinions don't always mesh.

Like I say... to each their own, eh?

But then, situations that require DM control are often brought about by differences among developed characters... what a delicate balance it is to judge fairly.

Not my job (thankfully)... but it is my concern as a player.
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always get so irritated when I go in game and notice these lame craptards. Like yesterday...noticed this chica being level 20 (Believe you heard of her...first level 20 or something) and checked her stats. Well whaddya know? Level 17 Cleric, Level 1 Fighter, Level 2 Rogue. BAH! and then I check domains...guess which domains!! icon_wink.gif Yep, Magic, Air! I got angry, to say the least. I started thinking "Wonder what she would say if I bumped her back to level 10?" and God knows I wanted to. Simply because of pure personal dislike towards this kind of players. Problem is, neither my superiors nor my colleagues would approve with my actions. So now I just fantasize about how damned fun I would have if I was dictator here.

(Yeah, will think of more shit when I get home. Still at school, but it's chaos here. Some sort of strike or something.)
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_lol.gif I know exactly of whom you speak, but I also will not name names. It seems that MY definition of RP is lost on some who are well-respected in Dyso. That's okay by me cause their definitions may not have substance in my fantasy world... I just keep doin' my own thang.

Dang, at least you get some excitement at school. Everyone around here is done with finals and gone! All I can do is work my ass off trying to catch up on research projects... and rot in the Dyso forums!
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(School isn't this crazy usually. This day has gotten weirder and weirder by the minute. I'll sum it up when I get home.)

Yeah, I mean...some of these "powerlamers" can actually be quite good at roleplaying in the sense of keeping IC and OOC apart (mostly atleast). But they might still have those lame multiclass or silly domains or whatever.
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

er, I chose air and magic for my cleric of Talos (in 2x), since air gives him lightning and magic gives him that ice storm thing (making the combination of the two domains the closest to the "storm" domain). I hope that didn't lump me in with the power lamers.
Nefiorim
PostFri 05/09/03 9:15am
Kindo Kindo... Finally letting out some of the irritation and agression eh icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

Uin
PostFri 05/09/03 11:17am
Oh, and you have to remember, 1 or 2 lvls of a class is often perfectly legal.  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often? Yeah, right. So you're saying that a craptard Level 19 Cleric Level 1 Rogue is cool? It's freaking powerlame. Or that ONE fighter level to get an extra feat (or wep. spec)? Blurgh
Uin
Hardass

XP
 51%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Example, ranger 19/18/17 rogue 1/2/3.

Why the rogue? for evasion? for magic device?

Nope for the fact that rangers can't detect/use/disarm traps over a certain DC and rogues can.
And its 100% legal.
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legal? Who cares about legal? It's freaking lame. It's for Christ's sake the player who thinks "Hmm...well I will be able to detect higher DC if I take one level rogue". FFS, multiclass should be more than just 1 or 2 levels.
Uin
Hardass

XP
 51%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you get to be the judge on whats lame in that respect, for dyso, if it can be done then it pretty much legal. Unless you want to enforce new house rules, which I would not abide by. NWN, and 3rd ed as a whole, is deliberately multiclass heaven.

My barbarian is 15/2fighter, purely for feats, you consider lame, but I give up extra dmg reduction, skill points, HP and alround wholeness (eg. I love my lvl 20 bard).

EDIT: Uncanny dodge bonus also.

Last edited by Uin on Fri May 09, 2003 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total
Nefiorim
PostFri 05/09/03 11:44am
Let's see, so far 6 fighter, 8 ranger (soon +1) and after that also 5 rogue.
Allround assassin.

Uin
Hardass

XP
 51%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing, wheres the cut off point? You can't really ban 1/2 lvl multiclassing without having to look into every multiclass case for so called lameness. 100% pure class zealots could take over and then Nef would be up the spout.
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I posted one hundred years ago, implement a skill level check at level up, so exclusive class skills can have only class+3 skill ranks, meaning a 2 level rogue / 18 level something can't have more than 5 skill points in use magic. That will get rid of 90% of the lame 1-2 level rogue multiclasses, and, it's 100% by the rules weirdlook.gif
Truia
Grandmaster

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emot-heartbeat.gif comment to come after I sleep I am tired and cant think straight but though Kindo might want a emot-heartbeat.gif or maybe emot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gif
LOVE YOU

emot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gif

emot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gifemot-heartbeat.gif

Uin
PostFri 05/09/03 12:04pm
Thats just pathetic.  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uin, you're missing the point. Super mega-dictators doesn't have to look through evidence or details or whatever. I say I want to ban, and I ban. Simple as that. icon_smile.gif

Heh, thanks Truia. That's sweet. But I won't stop disliking those lame people.

emot-heartbeat.gif
Uin
Hardass

XP
 51%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another point, 1/2 lvl multiclassing that does actually have any advantage. 19barbarian/1sorc, just so I can be seen as some non-human slightly magical being.
Truia
Grandmaster

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I understand just dont hate Chelsha Whitewind -_- the ranger and fighter level did nothing for her but slow her down that why I did it Meh..........

I cant say Chelshas New form or errrrrr old form of being a ranger will be pure ranger either since it ticks me off nto being able to recover Traps -_-.......... ACTUALLY screw it I dont care I am going full ranger since I just remembered how much fun a pure ranger is
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are mainly talking about those classical 19/1 rogue thingie. Or just one or two fighter levels. Those are always lame. Seriously. And the lamest of the lame, 19/1 Sorc/Pally!!
Truia
Grandmaster

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uin wrote:
Another point, 1/2 lvl multiclassing that does actually have any advantage. 19barbarian/1sorc, just so I can be seen as some non-human slightly magical being.

People do this so they can use magic items only the mage classes can..... personally I think that should be cause enough for character deletion
Kindo
PostFri 05/09/03 12:12pm
Hence the fantasy of being super mega-dictator. Peeps like that would be *poof* gone, just like that.  Reply with quote

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19 sorc 1 paladin, god, why did you have to mention that to me? i fuggen hate that combo, but its so effective if your a gnome as well, its what all the lv pvp sorcs use, lol.... hell to take down too, stupid ass small shields, +6 ac and crap.... grr
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it'll be a race between me and kindo to boot anyone who has sorc/pally levels. It's the lamest thing I can think of.

As it's been said, the main problem is players saving up their skill points, so when they take their level of (example) rogue, they fill up all the points with use magic device.

It's perfectly legal (if completely lame) to level the 19/1 way, but saving up skill points is not.

P.59 of the handbook says "Spend all your skill points. You can't save them to spend later."

So, if Kindo happens to look at a 19 fighter/1 rogue (or thereabouts) and happens to see 23 skill points in use magic device, it's boot time (well it would be if he was a super mega-dictator). icon_biggrin.gif

Griff
Kindo
PostFri 05/09/03 3:57pm
I keep dreaming. Dreaming of kicking some ass. *Poof!* *Smack!* *Bam!* Banned. Gone. No lame multiclassing, no exploited skillpoints...  Reply with quote

Grusk
The Ownerizer

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Kindo, you know you would destroy the entire community by doing that. Some 65% of the community power games consistantly, and 20% of that 65% multiclass to gain things such as Use Magic Device and Pick Pocket. From recent research, it is proven that the 20% that multiclasses to that pointless extent is also the most active percentage of Dysotopians.

So, you want to make Dysotopia inactive as the supreme dictator of Dysotopia? I'm all for ya. KILL THEM ALL!!! icon_twisted.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: