DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums
 
GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

what the heck happened to my yelling at glorin post?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Author Message
Malakalam
PostFri 05/09/03 8:50am
It says "moved:" but when I click on it it tells me it doesn't exist.  Reply with quote
 
Kindo
PostFri 05/09/03 8:55am
If it was bantering and insulting a person, it might've been removed. Such things are forbidden. I mean, very mean stuff atleast.  Reply with quote
 
Malakalam
PostFri 05/09/03 9:01am
eh, he deserved it, and so does everyone else in his little guard outfit.  Reply with quote
 
Uin
PostFri 05/09/03 12:27pm
Solo moves topics and then waits for a reasonable explanation for their use via PM.  Reply with quote
 
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin


Joined: 23 Sep 2002
Posts: 745

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no this wasn't me, it was nef, i didn't get to read it before it got moved, but i glanced it over just now and the word fuck seemed to be the most dominant of all which is more then enough reason to remove it. now the reason why it says it's moved because it's moved to forum mod storage but nef left a shadow topic (works as a link) in this forum, but since you don't have acces to the forum where it is now you can't follow the link.

also i'd like to state that the same rule that aplies to ingame modding about making a flame post (in this case another flame post) aplies to forum modding.
you could have send a pm to nef to hear what was going on, and if you thought nef's desicion was unfair then you could have send one to me. making a new topic doesn't really create any extra sympathy for your cause with me.

now if you would just e so kind as to remake your topic (or i'll let you edit the old one) so that it can actually turn into a complaint/discussion rather then just a flame saying, fuck the fucking fucker.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jon316
Guest




Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rants aren't really needed are they? If so err.... send a PM to the person in question and work it out like normal people instead of bitching and griping..

A word of advice from confusious

"An angry man opens his mouth and closes his eyes"

Try to understand that one and reconsider your fight with Glorin, is he really that bad?
Is it so hard to just say "hey man I have a problem with you" instead of taking it everywhere for everyone to see?


*cough*
Back to top
Glorin
The Badgermouthed


Joined: 04 Sep 2002
Posts: 4912

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malaklam really has hardly any idea what hes talking about as the Guild operates no different than it did before. Just some simple additional rules were set in place. in fact we act more as "murderers and thieves" ,as he put it in his post, than before.
_________________
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Malakalam
High Elder


Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1226

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pissed at you because you suddenly went from a devout Cyric follower to "oh, maybe I've never been a follower of Cyric, this demon I just made up is my source of power!" after attacking my friends who were devout Cyric worshippers both IC and OOC about them not playing correctly.
_________________
Random Quote Selector wrote:
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Glorin
PostSat 05/10/03 12:03am
Orcus is not made up, and this was not a sudden change. Glorin has always been a thauntmage, just ask Zedium.  Reply with quote
 
Malakalam
PostSat 05/10/03 12:06am
I'm still going to bash you over attacking my friends OOC when you weren't freaking worshiping the guy at all  Reply with quote
 
Glorin
The Badgermouthed


Joined: 04 Sep 2002
Posts: 4912

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for your information that was IC, The Guild and myself were getting a bad rep because of your friends actions, if they left ooc then thats their fault. I dealt with them in game, in character. When someone goes around killing people shouting "in the name of Cyric" or whatever while i run a well known to be Cyricist group, thats simply not good for my reputation (IC) and i had to dispose of them...its something called, oh yes Evil. And if they left because of that then well they take things too seriously.

I had fun with Niap Xam and Yolanda. I killed Niap only once and Yolanda, like never however so I don't see why they would leave over that. Sangius i was working on trying to get to join the guild by trying to get him to worship the way I wanted him, unfortunately he disappeared shortly after starting that. Geshtal had said to me once when explaining the temple system, (paraphrasing) "if someone doesn't worship the way you want them to then you make them"...well it may not have been as blunt as that icon_lol.gif I killed Sangius only once, maybe twice. All RPed and In-game.

Incase you fergot it was mentioned/implied that all recruits into the guard be slowly converted to Cyric, with their loyalties tied to me that would make that easier.
As for Orcus, that is a part of a complex story of Glorin's life that i think would just be dumb to reveal at this point. Orcus however for your information, is a half undead demon who is the lord of Naratyr, the city of undead in the Abyss. a Thauntmage is a person who worships demons. Glorin does both in an attempt to exploit both Cyric's and Orcus's blessings, which eventually will end up with him getting himself killed, but Glorin being evil and proud doesn't see that...well thats the easiest i can explain Glorin's future. Orcus covers his ties to his Great Great Grandfather, Cyric is just the god i prefer out of all the evil gods, and alot funner to RP. As i mentioned to you in a PM, Glorin's faith in Cyric was a little shaken when he lost his sanity (a shame a DM wasn't there to help run that event icon_cry.gif ) but he cried for forgiveness from Cyric recently and offered sacrifices to him, which explains the recent string of LGoG backed murders.

You see Malakalam there is alot that you do not know about what i'm trying to do, i would have rather not revealed it all but i'm sick of arguing with you, so lets all just shut up about this, ok? All over 4 rules that required you to party with guild members, check in, and be loyal to your leader....
_________________
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Malakalam
High Elder


Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1226

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

All over 4 rules that required you to party with guild members, check in, and be loyal to your leader....


I had no problems with the first three. You were suddenly preaching about law and order and guarding some town. Thats definatly not something someone who follows Cyric would have anything to do with, and as such, I can't very well offer you my loyalty, If this was a real Cyric organization, you would have been assassinated and someone would have replaced you by now just for saying that sort of crap. As I stated in the private forums, you sounded like a follower of Bane. In a chaotic organization like a Church of Cyric, a sign of weakness that large should have been taken advantage of, and you should have been removed. The fact that only my character reacted properly just says to me that your organization doesn't play Cyric worshippers correctly, something you accused my friends of.
Quote:

for your information that was IC, The Guild and myself were getting a bad rep because of your friends actions, if they left ooc then thats their fault. I dealt with them in game, in character. When someone goes around killing people shouting "in the name of Cyric" or whatever while i run a well known to be Cyricist group, thats simply not good for my reputation (IC) and i had to dispose of

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2132 << This doesn't look IC to me.
_________________
Random Quote Selector wrote:
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Grusk
The Ownerizer


Joined: 11 Dec 2002
Posts: 851

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malakalm, are you trying to state, plainly, that there is to be no basis of power for Cyric? If so, then I must say I will enjoy your whining for the next while with the contempt that you are not with us, seeing as you actively oppose any grounds to be gained by Cyric on any circumstance.

And however 'chaotic' we're to be interperated, I don't think it matters. Your high priest was Lawful.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Malakalam
High Elder


Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1226

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus christ, he's a freaking lawful evil high priest of Cyric and he has the balls to tell OTHER people THEY'RE playing it wrong?

Quote:

Malakalm, are you trying to state, plainly, that there is to be no basis of power for Cyric? If so, then I must say I will enjoy your whining for the next while with the contempt that you are not with us, seeing as you actively oppose any grounds to be gained by Cyric on any circumstance.

No idea what you're talking about. I'm not against Cyric, I'm even considering attempting to start a new church that worships Cyric properly, unfortunatly it seems that Glorin has somehow managed to warp the teachings of Cyric around to cause you guys to be loyal to him. Proper Cyric worshippers would not be loyal to a false priest who doesn't even represent Cyric. The are only loyal out of fear of death or something worse at the hands of thier god, if one can call that loyalty.
_________________
Random Quote Selector wrote:
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Grusk
The Ownerizer


Joined: 11 Dec 2002
Posts: 851

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I accuse you of being improper, seeing as for the last sprint of the Church I was the reigning High Priest, I threatened you with death often.

Did you not heed that? Think I wasn't serious?

Hm-hm, and since you're talking about being 'proper,' how about you give me a nice big lecture on how proper Cyricists act. And this time, instead of calling them Cyricists, call them what they are. Strifeleaders.

EDIT: typos
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Glorin
The Badgermouthed


Joined: 04 Sep 2002
Posts: 4912

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyricist Dogma wrote:

and all other authority must be subverted.


Isn't this what's happening, and as for Cyricists having duty....

Quote:

Crusader of Cyric


Required Ability Scores: Str: 12, Wis: 9, Cha: 12
Must be either lawful or chaotic in alignment......



as well as A Cyricist Army called the Knights of Cyric. Theres also the Black Helms and the Purple Lancers. The Colven of the Black Sun and the Order of the Hidden Blade.

and for your point of being forced into loyalty by threats of death well im going to have to quote from the rules that you got so upset about....

Quote:

...shall earn you the mark of traitor, as such you will be executed and removed from the Guard.



now go ahead and answer Grusk's question
_________________
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Malakalam
High Elder


Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1226

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what you're talking about, you threatened me with death? Do you mean my Bane friendly Malakalam character (who you would have been right to threaten with death, he was very anti-cyric), or my half-orc Fractum Atrox, who was a devout follower of Cyric and a member of the church?

A strifeleader is a prestiege class, it requires worship of Cyric, but not all worshippers of Cyric are strifeleaders. Strifeleaders are the chosen of Cyric, fufilling his will by working murder and spreading strife while being careful to never actually start wars. They are exceptionally skilled liars, assassins, masters of the use of poison, and have an aura of domination that frightens weak willed people within a certain range of them.
Most Strifeleaders "spend thier time scheming against each other in an endless struggle of cabal against cabal, with each strifeleader seeking to increase his personal power."

Multiple churches often have conflicting agendas as Cyric, during his madness, spoke to his high priests and gave each one different instructions on how they should carry out his will. (Had Glorin used this for his excuse, I might have believed him).
_________________
Random Quote Selector wrote:
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Grusk
The Ownerizer


Joined: 11 Dec 2002
Posts: 851

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh-huh, so we're going to swallow your church whole by those rules that you set.

Thanks Malakalam, we'll have some good fun with Fractum. Hm-hm, unless you're not a strifeleader, at which point I would strongly adivise you think of a way to make Fractum a chosen of Cyric, considering you/he are/is making a church of cyric for us to annihilate.

And you still have yet to fully define a proper Cyrcist, you're adding things as we go, leading me to think you're making things up to be right. But hell, i'll play by your rules. Sure.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Malakalam
High Elder


Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1226

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Isn't this what's happening, and as for Cyricists having duty....

Quote:

Crusader of Cyric


Required Ability Scores: Str: 12, Wis: 9, Cha: 12
Must be either lawful or chaotic in alignment......



Where do you get this from? It doesn't look 3e, as prestiege classes now generally have required skills and/or attack bonus rather than required ability scores. Are you still using old 2e Cyric information, back when he was NE rather than CE?
_________________
Random Quote Selector wrote:
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Grusk
The Ownerizer


Joined: 11 Dec 2002
Posts: 851

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, I believe Glorin is, considering the current Dysotopia date is before the Time of Troubles. You know, when Cyric was sane. Neutral Evil, if you want to break things to an alignment.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Malakalam
High Elder


Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1226

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Uh-huh, so we're going to swallow your church whole by those rules that you set.

WTF is wrong with you? I haven't even started talking about rules. A church of cyric has no rules other than the rule of power, whoever's the most powerful leads, and generally thats the one most favored by Cyric. As Glorin wasn't even a cleric of Cyric, I fail to see how he could have been the most favored.
_________________
Random Quote Selector wrote:
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Glorin
PostSat 05/10/03 4:11am
who said i wasn't a cleric of cyric?  Reply with quote
 
Malakalam
High Elder


Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1226

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Indeed, I believe Glorin is, considering the current Dysotopia date is before the Time of Troubles. You know, when Cyric was sane. Neutral Evil, if you want to break things to an alignment.

Cyric didn't exist in the time that the current Dysotopia date is set to (if you're using the date before time of troubles). We've already had this conversation. http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2320&highlight=future+cyric


edit to avoid two posts in a row:
Quote:
who said i wasn't a cleric of cyric?

You said you were a thauntmage.

another edit:
Quote:
Thanks Malakalam, we'll have some good fun with Fractum. Hm-hm, unless you're not a strifeleader, at which point I would strongly adivise you think of a way to make Fractum a chosen of Cyric, considering you/he are/is making a church of cyric for us to annihilate.


There are no strifeleaders in Dysotopia , since all of the required skills do not exist in NWN.
_________________
Random Quote Selector wrote:


Last edited by Malakalam on Sat May 10, 2003 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Grusk
PostSat 05/10/03 4:21am
So if Cyric doesn't exist, why does this conversation persist?  Reply with quote
 
Glorin
The Badgermouthed


Joined: 04 Sep 2002
Posts: 4912

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You said you were a thauntmage.


yes i did but thats not the whole picture...as i already stated....
Glorin wrote:

Glorin does both in an attempt to exploit both Cyric's and Orcus's blessings, which eventually will end up with him getting himself killed, but Glorin being evil and proud doesn't see that...well thats the easiest i can explain Glorin's future.

its a plot, character bio, something set in place...
Grusk wrote:
So if Cyric doesn't exist, why does this conversation persist?


indeed
_________________
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Malakalam
High Elder


Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1226

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read the whole time line conversation, I assumed you're using the incorrect date which is before the time of troubles, Conrad stated that he believes that the correct time is shortly after the single player campaign. If we follow Conrad's time, its after Cyric's decent into madness, and after the ressurection of Bane.
_________________
Random Quote Selector wrote:
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Glorin
The Badgermouthed


Joined: 04 Sep 2002
Posts: 4912

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if Cyric's currently insane it gives me the right to form up an army similar to the Black Helms and Purple Lancers and claim it was Cyric's bidding...i think the biggest problem here is getting an affirmed time.
_________________
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Grusk
The Ownerizer


Joined: 11 Dec 2002
Posts: 851

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read the entire timeline conversation, I am simply quesioning off of what you had stated, Malakalam, seeing as you ARE the man who dictates right and wrong in matters concerning or even remotely concerning to Cyric.

Unless, all-of-the-sudden, this doesn't concern Cyric ... ?

EDIT: added

If it's Conrad's time, Bane is not yet resurrected, merely there has been an attempt to resurrect Bane.

1369/Year of the Gauntlet

... ... ... off topic information

"Finder's Bane:" Walinda, priestess of Bane, attempts to restore the dead god Bane to life by retrieving the Hand of Bane, a lost artifact of evil. Ultimately, her plans are twarted by Joel, the Rebel Bard, and the Hand is destroyed."

So is Bane risen? I'm not seeing where the lord of murder is back.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Malakalam
High Elder


Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Posts: 1226

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Glorin was not acting as a Cyric worshipper would, he was acting like a Bane worshipper would.
2. Cyric does not accept LE clerics, so Glorin could not have been a cleric of Cyric, not to mention that he says he was getting his power from some demon.
3. I have nothing against a Church of Cyric, or any other Cyric organizations, as long as they are properly run. An improperly run Church would either be destroyed from within, as I thought the knights of Cyric would be, or it will be destroyed by Cyric himself, as Glorin stated about Sanguis.

edit: My mistake then, Bane is apparently dead in Conrad's time, oh well. It really makes no difference to this conversation. Also, Bane is not lord of murder, Cyric is, he inherited the portfolio when he acended.
_________________
Random Quote Selector wrote:
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Grusk
The Ownerizer


Joined: 11 Dec 2002
Posts: 851

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Whom are you to dictate how Cyric worshippers act when a year is yet to be decided?
1a. Acting as a Bane worshipper IS acting as a Cyric worshipper. It's getting Bane some blame for actions caused by followers of Cyric, is it not?

2. If Cyric does not accept LE clerics, then why is Xavier drawing power from Cyric?

3. If you've a problem with how things are being ran, run things yourself. We'll see how you do.

EDIT: As you stated, Bane is not the topic of this conversation.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.2 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group