DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Another thought...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Show signatures  
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Another thought... Reply with quote

Ok I got to thinking and I was thinking about a ew things and I wondered, how about putting dragons back in dragon valley? I mean the HARD ones that take a big adventuring party to bring down? Like the anchient reds at cr 39 or so? That might make it a bit more interesting, and the thing about aronthals not quest, could like, lead to another secret place with a vast dragon horde, but first you have to do something ... would make it good so you could get lots of gold or somethin since its hard to find, like around 50k or something if you do the quest.... dunno just a thought... dragons should be re added I think, if for no other reason than to make people have a bit of fear that there COULD be a dragon on the loose and could kill you, and might promote that you stick together a little more...
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds quite ok. Dragons are cool, yes. And I have always wanted them to exist in the Dragon Valley. One thing though...dragons are supposedly to be EXTREMELY rare. So having it only a certain percentage chance (say 5%) every 30 minutes real time or something, would be good. And then some variety on which dragon/s are spawned and such. Just so it's not a regular encounter that always appears there. Random spawn in both time and amount. Nice idea.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Griff Inn
PostMon 05/12/03 2:58pm
Yes, dyso needs more dragons!!!

Griff

Uin
PostMon 05/12/03 4:43pm
Dragons for KUNG.  Reply with quote

zak_fel
PostMon 05/12/03 5:09pm
Sheesh, its called Dragon Valley for a reason! icon_rolleyes.gif  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w00t! I want dragons!! Their lizardy scales are kind of... kinky... weirdlook.gif

icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've pitched to Bri a few times that there needs to be a script similar to the Gloth Sentry one which spawns a random dragon or two in DV every once in a while.

Bri has a canned reply for me each time I bring it back up ... "you and your damn dragons." icon_mrgreen.gif

I've also pitched that one of the "quests" which could be added was a guy somewhere who buys dragon blood from you for a decent amount of gold and gives you some xp for it, too. Suggested same for undead remains and slaad tongues, too, but for very low gold and xp awards.

Aside from the above, dropping a dragon in DV is something I do from time to time anyhow ... but since dragons are supposed to be relatively rare, I don't do it all the time.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im all for Dragons in the Valley, fighting one is a very fun experience. Perhaps you could even add a few the the Soul Seeker script....and have them appear in the rift gates icon_twisted.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
Nefiorim
PostTue 05/13/03 1:46pm
Maybe dragon youngsters...  Reply with quote

Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*remembers* A Paladin doesn't truely feel good until he's on the back of a dragon with a lance in his hand. Ahhh the memories icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you put dragons in tha valley just make sure you stock um full with lots of Gold icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message
Jilessa
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20 EXP: 9 / 20
 45%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i must say.It would be ic strange to see dragons (like an eldar red great wyrm) as often as 30 minutes since they have to be like over 1200 years..and how many 1200 year old dragons are there?NOT THAT MANY i'd say,but having some fun with the younger ones would be great and if they were about as dangerous as a glather lord it would make people stay together also.

and then finally there could be some sort of dragon scale that exceeded everything we've seen so far forinstance a gold dragon scale (allthough that wouldn't be so cool for me seeing i'd never use something that belonged to a good alignment creature) which could be something like the old gloth plate (if it came from a elder/ancient what ever)

Ohh me and all my good idea's... emot-yum.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to kill dragons but they love to kill my character (got offed by an ancient one several times in a row)!

A dragon's blood quest would be great! Sorta like the ogre-eater's heart. But since it takes so many to bring down an ancient dragon, for instance, maybe the gold and XP value that Conrad suggested could be split between blood, scales, teeth, and claws... or something. That way, it would be easier for everyone involved to benefit! And (let's complicate things) I agree with Jilessa, ancient dragons should be much more rare than your standard adult reds, blues, etc., the latter of which should bring less gold/XP from the dealer. Maybe the ancients would be DM quest only?

Of course... this would mean that characters would probably start hanging around DV alot hoping for a spawn... some to fight dragons.... and some, I would guess, to protect them! Is DV big enough for that?

edits: content for readability
View users profile Send private message
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

very low gold/XP

Whoa, no way, ANY drgon should give a huge amount of XP and gold, it's just that some should give more......

Hmm, anyway, I think that dragons are a great idea....
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually on another thought I thought about,
how about this,
a dragon valley literally,
on another server I played they had a valley of dragons,
a valley with 3 levels,
basically a few minor wyrmlings on the top levels
on the 2nd level a passing of 4 dragons,
a ice, a black, a fire, and a gold, all in that order,
each time you defeat the dragon he drops nothing but a key,
go to the next dragon (the black) drop him get the key,
so on until you get to the gold one,
drop him use all the keys and descend to the third level with the final boss dragon,
who is hard as hell to bring down and has a shit load of chests and stuff in his lair,

if you beat him you get a specially scripted item from a few containers and to make your way out you can teleport back out after doing it,

a simplified version of this is like this, how about making a few caves deep layered, like in the duergar mines, and give them levels deeper and deeper, and have about 10 around the entire dyso world, and in each of these there is a 1 % chance of a specially made dragon appearing, just like the gloth sentry appearing, with something that rare, at 1% it would be cool, instead of worrying about loot rushers in individual areas,

give an area that is locked up tight (no wall pushes) that only lets say, the tooth of the dragon can open, and the dragon _IF- you beat him drops some various goods and stuff, but the FANG or tooth or whatever is what's worth the most,

as it leads to his hoard somewhere hidden, maybe randomly spawned, or better yet, make it a set area that contains vast wealth, like a real dragons hoard, like some 500000 gold and odd treasures, but make him tough to beat so a sorc pallay cant breeze through and it requires teamwork to beat him, I mean extreme teamwork,

and then if you finally get the treasure, 500k gold and a single, rare item, possible items are from the old gloth shop, or maybe a piece of the dragoon set, angel set, hell set, ninja assassin set, ect, or maybe a new couple unique items that cant be found anywhere else, or better yet, a very rare special use item power that is worth nothing,

a plot item which is a dragons eggs, make a huge quest out of it petitioning dragons from others and eventually have your own pet dragon or sell the egg to evil guys for lots of gold or turn it into druids, ect ect ect ect ect ect ect, make it huge and long and take atleast a hour to do all the possible options, just a few thoughts, that might be fun....

peace.

( edit :icon_surprised.gifk gea, sorry about it but i hope this helps, im not much of an post editor type, i am very tired and have trouble trying to keep my brain awake to use proper grammer )

Last edited by Jon316 on Wed May 14, 2003 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total
gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon316 wrote:
actually on another thought i thought about, how about this, a dragon valley literally, on another server i played they had a valley of dragons, a valley with 3 levels, basically a few minor wyrmlings on the top levels on the 2nd level a passing of 4 dragons, a ice, a black, a fire, and a gold, all in that order, each time you defeat the dragon he drops nothing but a key, go to the next dragon (the black) drop him get the key, so on until you get to the gold one, drop him use all the keys and desend to the third level with the final boss dragon, who is hard as hell to bring down and has a shit load of chests and stuff in his lair, if you beat him you get a specially scripted item from a few containers and to make your way out you can teleport back out after doing it, a simplified version of this is like this, how about making a few caves deep deep layered, like in the duergar mines, and give them levels deeper and deeper, and have about 10 around the entire dyso world, and in each of these there is a 1 % chance of a specially made dragon appearing, just like the gloth sentry appearing, with something that rare, at 1% it would be cool, instead of worryoing about loot rushers in individual areas, give an area that is locked up tight (no wall pushies) that only lets say, the tooth of the dragon can open, and the dragon _IF- you beat him drops some various goods and stuff, but the FANG or tooth or whatever is whats worth the most, as it leads to his hoard somewhere hidden, maybe randomely spawned, or better yet, make it a set area that contains vast wealth, like a real dragons hoard, like some 500000 gold and odd treasures, but make him tough to beat so a sorc pallay cant breeze through and it requires teamwork to beat him, i mean extreme teamwork, and then if you finally get the treasure, 500k gold and a single, rare item, possible items are from the old gloth shop, or maybe a piece of the dragoon set, angel set, hell set, ninja assassin set, ect, or maybe a new couple unique items that cant be found anywhere else, or better yet, a very rare special use item power that is worth nothing, a plot item which is a dragons eggs, make a huge quest out of it petitioning dragons from others and eventually have your own pet dragon or sell the egg to evil guys for lots of gold or turn it into druids, ect ect ect ect ect ect ect, make it huge and long and take atleast a hour to do all the possible options, just a ew thoughts, that might be fun....

peace.

OMG Someone please explain to me how we are supposed to read these really long posts with no paragraphs, little capitalization and punctuation?

Sorry to pick on this particular one Jon316 but there are a lot of other people that do this too. Everyone knows who they are...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jon316
PostWed 05/14/03 8:04pm
icon_sad.gif  Reply with quote

gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_biggrin.gif It's all good Jon.

My eyes just crossed trying to keep my place and I had to resort to hightlighting small sections with my mouse to read it... LOL

icon_eek.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: