DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Areas designed by the fans of Dyso

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Areas designed by the fans of Dyso Reply with quote

Was wondering if Bri would like to look at some of the mods(areas) designed by the players of dyso..

too be honest, designing an area isnt that hard.
Seeing as how Bri doesnt have the time to design areas, he should consider looking at some of the work the fans of dyso make

if he likes it, he can make it part of dyso
This will do wonders for the player/host relations icon_wink.gif
Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea...I'm sure there are a lot of talented Mod designers on Dyso why not take advantage of it. It has to be a heck of a lot easier to proof through someone's design than too create it yourself.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I would actually have to turn this idea down. Although its a great concept, I like to stick with my own ideas with my own module. I won't let anyone touch my designs in my mod, even if they offer help (now scripting is a different story icon_wink.gif). But for the books, its just better knowing that YOU put this there and YOU put that there and WHY you put that there and WHAT it does and WHEN it appears and so on... plus, looking at all the areas without serious thought (which would be fatal in a mod as big as dyso) would take just as much time as making one would.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what is being suggested is that IF someone wants to design something and then give it over to Bri&Co., then why not? As Darkshadow mentions, it is indeed much easier to have someone else do all the initial coding/designing, and then you just go in and clean it up, tear stuff out, add stuff on, etc.etc. I think this is an excellent idea. Of _course_ it's up to the MOD designer whether he wants to use other people's stuff or not, but if they give it up willingly, then heck, *I'd* do it. But I'm not Bri. icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
ShadowCore
PostThu 05/15/03 1:57pm
Yeah fekkin right, anyone remember Tuskandale being added?? Oh, wait, that's right, it DIDN'T GET ADDED!!!!!!  Reply with quote

zak_fel
PostThu 05/15/03 4:37pm
Tuskandale was an entire mod on its own

Im talking abt small areas to be added.

BriHurley
The Lord of Kravenwood Estates

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41
 34%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must state that I have the areas layed out on a map see Gallery post http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/album_view.php?id=404 So these areas are set sizes....if anyone wants to add ideas that is fine I will listen to ideas. I am going to make a web page project of the rollout/design/implementation document soon this will list things that need to be worked on and information about the addition of quest and percentage done what needs to be done and so on. I have been really busy lately trying to find a permanent job so this has assumed much of my Dyso coding as of late. I also don't want the scope of designing the number one mod to fall to the waste side. There will be constant changes soon and people will be able to follow along with what I am currently working on and if I need something done I may as for volunteers. Thanks for everyones concerns....and please just be patient...

bow.gif bow.gif pimp.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Solo_Core
PostThu 05/15/03 5:16pm
just on a side note, boghers mountain and soul city aren' on that map yet, but they are done already.  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... you know when I look at this, it really makes me think how small it is. Not to say thats a BAD thing, but when you are in the game, it really seems like a WHOLE lot bigger.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
zak_fel
PostThu 05/15/03 6:47pm
All im saying is, if Bri ever wants help with area creation, he should feel free to ask and not take the entire burden on his own  Reply with quote

Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can recall offering a mod as big as dyso itself...hmmm...what happened to that again...oh yea...Gesh torpedoed it.
Wouldn't get my hopes up too high...
View users profile Send private message
Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would LOVE to give Bri areas. I have the outside of city made of PURE GOLD! It looks great icon_smile.gif
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Area design is the (1) of the most basic things in the toolset, but exporting and sending different areas to be added is sorta cool, but it's not hard to do, but something about a copy write comes to mind on stuff, maybe, maybe not, still nothing wrong if people want to send ideas, it could only help, but all content would have to be scanned carefully, every container, every switch, ever little placeable and sound... which is almost harder than creating one yourself, sorta sad it's gotta be like that, you can even trust people to be honest, oh well, goes with the times i suppose...
Marquis Drayfox
PostFri 05/16/03 6:13am
Yeah.. wouldn't Gesh have to okay this too?  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: