DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Playing a rogue

This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Dysotopia: The Rebirth
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Celestial_Evil
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19
 21%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 12:52 pm    Post subject: Playing a rogue Reply with quote

Can any of you set out a few rules for what a character playing a rogue could and could not do, I do not want to be crossing the line since it seems that dysotopia is sort of an ideal community where i rarely see conflicts between pcs and evil and good characters often party together...very strange although the mod is lots of fun.
View users profile Send private message
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, first of all, this shouldn't be here but in help or chatter. Second of all, where did you get the idea that Dyso is the ideal community? What times are you on, and WHAT are you on(no offense, but I noticed VERY little of that)? Third, the way rogues should operate is like this:

-Stop after you hit something big(ie. sword or something powerful)
-Roleplay a theft, if you get caught and killed, give BACK the items.
-If the other doesn't roleplay with you, that doesn't give you a warrant to punish you.

If you get stolen from:
-Make sure your char KNOWS he's been stolen(ie. watch for messages that say ..has been stolen from you. NOT the item lost messages, they signify a failed spot check.

Oh, and as far as I know, there is no rule against ninja looting and such(and there shouldn't be, it's fully RP logical).

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Celestial_Evil
Adept

XP
 21%
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

As for that interesting question...im on many things at different times icon_smile.gif...its quite hard to put my finger on what im on right now but probably i could tell later after its effect has subsided. Either way I just dont see the chaos that is supposed to reign on the wilderness of the world and hardly see any evil character who roleplays its character well. And i believe this should be here because it concerns some type of rule mod relating it is not chatter. Thanks for the help.
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3587

... might help a bit ...
Celestial_Evil
Adept

XP
 21%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Thanks again Reply with quote

The problem with Conrad's rules is that in number 1 it says if the character is effortless let them walk but as a rogue if I take them to an alley and ask them for money and they dont give me it I would kill them, how im I supposed to let them walk??
Rogue:"hello matey...any gold you could spare?"
Char:"No I do not!"
Rogue:"*takes short sword out* "Better let go of your gold now if you know whats best for you..."
Char:"I will kill you first!"
Rogue:"so be it...ye dies here..."*kills effortless character*"
or am i supposed to say: Alright walk away then...
lol!
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless the effortless character is challenging you or insuklting your C in some way, don't go after him, simple as that. Check before trying to do anything(even robbing in an alley...)

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no i would say kill the effortless character. And when you do, you are subject to godly powers because you pick on weak guys and deserve to die. A.k.a. we do mean stuff to you like ban you. icon_smile.gif That's my solution =D. But on a serious note, the C.R.O.E. was very carefully written, don't see many flaws in his thinking. It will never be like perfect roleplay for pping because we don't want anarchy, you can't put definitive rules on who they pp because there are so many cases, so i guess just try to keep in RP and around your level, that would be the best choice. No one likes a bully high leveler who picks on low levels. What good items would they have anyways? Probably not too much gold either...no benefits.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
PostFri 05/16/03 7:12pm
Would someone please move this to the proper Forum and then delete this line by me?  Reply with quote

Celestial_Evil
Adept

XP
 21%
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Kill the subject Reply with quote

I did not inted for this to become a player point of view type of arguement, i was hoping there were some rules layed out already that some administrator or dm could provide me with, either way just kill this subject and thanks for the help.
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Dysotopia: The Rebirth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: