DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Skeletal Devourer

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
guitarrML
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22
 54%
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 2:29 am    Post subject: Skeletal Devourer Reply with quote

Ok, don't know if this is really a bug, but has the skeletal devourer in Topaz been changed or something?

I got killed twice now in a week by it. The thing is just last week I could smack it down like it was a little runt that needed a whoopin', and I was 3 levels lower?! I have all the same buffs (and more), and the same armor, belts, etc. Just curious if anyone notices anything.

(note: tonight I saw 3 people killed by it....all of them people I know have been able to whoop it in the past)
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Girek, they're evil now, and have death magic.

Evil I tell you!

But not like my sweetheart Dunge Onmaster! emot-heartbeat.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Raven
PostMon 05/19/03 3:03am
I was never able to kill the skeleton. He's immune to all my spells for some reason.  Reply with quote

Spears
Grandmaster

XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got him twice with West out of three times. It doesn't matter, whats inside the chest are giveaway items in anycase. If its too difficult for some, perhaps maybe the loot can be somewhat ... worth the trouble?

Just a suggestion, but its really easy for fighters with death-spell immunity- you just have to watch out for the pesky harming kobolds.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
guitarrML
Master

XP
 54%
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was brought to my attention that it may have been a DM taking the form of the skeletal devourer. icon_surprised.gif

On a side note, I know that it has to be something different (Dm using it, etc.) because when I say I kicked it's butt twice before I mean I killed it twice in a matter of maybe a minute. It has never been difficult for me until this past week.
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the skeletal devourer is a funny thing. I've noticed on many occasions the difference in strengths. Sometimes it is insanely easy and rarely gets a hit in, and every once in a awhile he casts 4 spells in a minute and absolutely slaughters everyone in the room. We had a 3-man party slaughtered by it in this manner. I think it was deliberate, and even if it wasn't, keep it that way, i like the variation of enemies like that, makes it more interesting and realistic, since no two people (or things, i guess) are alike.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Raven
PostThu 05/22/03 8:46pm
I got hit my him yesterday, BOOM, 102 dmg. That's ON TOP of my 40 resist.  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG you mean that you LOST a FIGHT? NOOO WAAAAY!!!! .................................. how is this a bug or have anything to do with a bug? Ever heard of 'bad rolls?'
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
guitarrML
Master

XP
 54%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel stupid replying to my own post with some sort of answer, but.........I fought the skeletal devourer on purpose last night after getting to level 18, and trust me, something has changed. I gave him a good run for his money (and would have done moreso had I desired to drink heals like water), but it is WAY harder than it used to be. I mean, I used to kill it at level 14 and now I can barely get it down to Injured. I'm not complaining though. As I believe Ultrafoo mentioned, it just makes it more interesting.....I will have to tread lightly around this fiend icon_cool.gif
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well last time i checked he had at least 8d6 sneak attacks and 40-50 base damage, and his damage type was piercing (too bad emerald armor fools) and he had an ab of +50 something on first rolls, may have been +65 if not higher, but mostly he is immune to everything except crits and normal physical damage, he has immunity to levels 9 and below, which makes spell castyers useless, just make a melee to take him down, he has around a 50 ac and about a 700 hp at least i estimate from how much it used to take me to kill him (which was about 2-3 rounds before the wipe) so anyway, just some general info on him...
Little Teapot
PostFri 05/23/03 8:19pm
ever think Lag causes problems too? in my experience things just kinda... sit... when you have too much lag...  Reply with quote

AliZee'
PostSat 05/24/03 2:04pm
maybe they rescripted it to be more harder then before....  Reply with quote

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH, one note i forgot to mention, im not sure if its level or otherwise, but when they dispel you, it ALWAYS removes EVERY SINGLE BUFF, meaning dont use buffs as they will only be dispeled... just a note icon_biggrin.gif
Jase
PostSat 05/24/03 3:17pm
Well can we like GET something for killing it? I mean besides that +3 junk......  Reply with quote

Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+3 junk, i see this place still hasnt gotten rid of all uber godly +5 crap...

Hell, there are even server vault pvp servers with those restrictions, +3 is max there
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well +3 IS junk what's you hit lvl 20 anyway. I mean i don't care if its, gp or gems, or like maybe special clothing just for fun. But it's so hard and you still get the same stuff u get from the CRYPTS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Bugs - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: