DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Long Nights

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Long Nights Reply with quote

As you settle down for the evening you hear an almost melodic propitious metallic clanking in this distance. As you peer off towards the southern shoreline you see an eerie orange glow emanating from an unseen source. The noise continues long into the night. The next day the distinct smell of hot coals and metal can be caught in western Eleriina. As the sun begins to set that evening the noise can be heard again. A few curious souls decide to investigate. They find a stout little man, smaller than a dwarf yet larger than a gnome or halfling, who clearly oblivious to their presence pounding away at hot steel with such precision and competence that has rarely been seen outside of dwarven forges. Who is this man...? What does he seek...?
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Tae
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20
 85%
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oblivious to the harsh smells and din eminating from western Eleriina, Tae walks insouciantly towards the market. "Oh dear me," she mutters, "I wonder if there are any sales going on today?" She visits her old friend Gina by the pier. A few minutes later with a small fluffy sweater in her hands, the master shopper leaves the now-weary merchant. This is when her ears perk up and she notices the clanking.

Curiosity getting the better of her, she puts the sweater in her handbag and walks towards the sound. She sees the silhouette of the man at the forge. Stepping forward into the coal-light, she smiles, "Well met, I am Tae."
Spears
PostTue 05/20/03 5:39pm
Tae's unique blue tinted skin catches the eye of William Spears. He grins to himself and decides to follow this interesting creature.  Reply with quote

Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon hearing Tae's voice the man at first becomes startled, then quickly regains his composure, turns to Tae and responds "Sorry miss you startled me, I was a bit lost in my own world so to speak" As he speaks you notice that he has a very deep and gruff voice, quite unnatural to one of his size, yet his face betrays his halfling lineage. He bows respectfully and continues a bit timidly and defensively, "I'm Rollo, is there something I can help you with?" His leathery face reveals that he is rather uncertain of where he stands in this foreign land.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Tae
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20
 85%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wide smile cracks across Tae's face, as she addresses Rollo, "Rollo. What a nice name. The pleasure is mine." Noticing the man's unease, she slowly opens her hands and says, "I have not seen you before. Did you just arrive? If you did, here's a welcoming present!"

Tae fumbles through her purse and triumphantly brings out a small package. "Here is a nice berry cake, fresh from my aunt's kitchen. Yum and yum again!" She hands the delicate cake to Rollo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> In-Character All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: