DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Campaign Proposal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another thing...

What control do I have over getting more DMs?

As I see it, my options are...

1) Find a new mod with more DMs or at least with ones that take a liking to me...

-OR-

2) Start leveling again in a great mod with great people, like Dyso!

Not all of us can run on the inside track. I'm okay with that. But don't go off on me (and those in my track) because we are left with option 2 while you have both options.

Peace and Enjoy!
View users profile Send private message
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it makes you feel better Uin, I am level 14 without killing a single skeleton or glather. I don't level anymore, I spend most of my time finding ways to earn myself some money, which usually involves doing something against the law. The items that I find I sell on to the lowbies for a decent price, and I must say I'm enjoying every moment of it.

Griff, the part-time merchant
not_so_unique
PostWed 05/21/03 5:25pm
Uh... what about DM events, Griff Inn... I am curious to know how often your char participates.  Reply with quote

zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

This is so simple, its almost funny.
How to make Dyso fun for everyone?
Satisfy all the needs of the different type of gamers.

The power gamer:
The powergamer wants nothing but make the best char possible. Get the best equipment, the best everything.

The roleplayer:
Full rp experience. The role player would want nothing more than to rp, doesnt matter to him if his lvl 1 or lvl 20 (although, he should be as high a lvl as possible)

The mix.
Abit of both.

The ANSWERS!
Make it possible for someone to be able to hit lvl 20 and buy the best equipment.
The current system is the best solution. Becoz for the fact that for every monster killed, i get loot to buy stuff, and xp to lvl.

To improve this, the xp should be increased abit..say 20-30% more. The loot, more constant. The variaty of monsters MUST be factored in. I've been killing devourers since i was lvl 12. Certain areas must be design such that, only the strongest can hack it.

AND NOW! for the RP factor.
HA! this is so easy..im surprise its not being done.
DMs!
lets face it, Bri and Gesh are great programmers, they make good codes and area-design. But they have a poor judge of character. The choose the worst kind of DMs and mods. They are almost never online, they have bad creativity. They think spawning a dragon or two to a few adverturers is a DM event....OMG! how uncreative can they get!!?!?!
A DM event should not end once the server restarts! It is a continuous process and story that unfolds over time. It must have a start, and a decent ending. Regardless of server instability.

Does anyone remember any good and decent events?
The drow invasion? What happened to the drows? where was the ending?
The orc war? What war?!!?!? A war should be of a massive scale, not 10 to 20 orcs cheiftians that cant even handle a lvl 16.
The conquest of Kravenwood?!?! It went so horribly wrong...its not even worth mentioning..

icon_twisted.gif
Berellmir
Adept

Level: 7
XP
EXP: 11 / 16 EXP: 11 / 16 EXP: 11 / 16
 68%
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya i remember a good event..

The one with Prince Taneir and Lord Ly...sumthin.. (is that event even finished yet??) with Ali and Hurin accused for stealin??
I just wanted to say that i luuuuved that one, lots of RP feelin..even though i didn't participate in any ending..

But there was some decent RP in that adventure...with us smallies scouting and everything...hehe
zak_fel
PostWed 05/21/03 6:24pm
But there wasnt an ending!
it was left hanging!

thats the whole point! the DMs dont finish what they start

Berellmir
PostWed 05/21/03 6:31pm
hmm ok thats what i thougth..but the RP feelin was great in that one!!

more of those ...!!!! (with an endin..)

Truia
Grandmaster

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45
 71%
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say something but I wont its been a bad enough day already and well I dont want to make it worse..... not like what I say ever gets taken seriously... icon_neutral.gif

and no the event where Ali and Hurin are accused of theft and murder was never finished.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
AliZee'
PostWed 05/21/03 7:19pm
i dont care what anyone says...being lvl 1 is NOT fun at all...and it will never be any fun......  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The event with Ali, Hurin, and Selven being accused of murder essentially took a back burner because various people involved were alternatively ...

a) away for weeks
b) not interested in it any more
c) going in a different direction with their character
d) getting levels became more important with the relaxed xp system

as well as ...

e) server was popping in and out of reality for a stretch
f) highly unstable for a period of time while it was being moved and re-established
g) people didn't know where the server was when it was back

At some point or other when the principles involved with it feel like they want to revisit the story-arc for some closure, I am more than willing to consider it. It last left off with a meeting between Sir Lyons and the Prince which essentially ended with more questions than answers ... but the Neverwintan's withdrawing.
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im all for it....
these days i got nuthin better to do then to sit around tha fountain and try to start trouble, while making a profit out of it....
that was fun for awhile...but now even thats gettin pushed to its limit...
bring on tha trial!!!!!!
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truia wrote:
I was going to say something but I wont its been a bad enough day already and well I dont want to make it worse..... not like what I say ever gets taken seriously...

Keep your chin high! It'll get better as you know.

And I took one of your posts seriously... the post about a new form of power lamers... and yes, that is highly connected to this topic IMO.
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not_so_unique wrote:
Uh... what about DM events, Griff Inn... I am curious to know how often your char participates.

Not that many. They usually happen to me by chance, for example yesterday I was showing a potential guild member a few things, when we decided to head to the inn for some grub. As we approached the inn there was a corpse of a vampire lying just outside. We went to the market and there was a large hoard of them. They were defeated but I'm going to start demanding hazard pay from the guard soon. There was another one about goblins attacking eleriina that I've posted about in the IC section, and I do have a role in the currently discussed one involving some folks from Neverwinter. A lot of my xp came from that. But that's about it. I'm not that keen on DM events, but the Neverwinter one was very good and it would be nice to finish it off. I will be honest though, we moderators are given the odd level now and again. "There has to be some perk for dealing with the asses", as Conrad once said to me.

Griff
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griff Inn wrote:
I will be honest though, we moderators are given the odd level now and again. "There has to be some perk for dealing with the asses", as Conrad once said to me.

Here! Here! I agree with that! *looks back at his own*

Anyway... I have been in 2 events in all my time on Dyso (8 weeks). I have also been excluded from about 3 that I happened into (though I'm not offended by this).

Besides... I spent the past three weeks NOT leveling and ONLY RP'ing. Not a single DM event the entire time and very little XP for RP (maybe I just suck at it).

Now then... it is clear to me that DMs do not have time to "gift" everyone to higher levels such that a character can acheive the greater abilities that are available to them... so... back to leveling for me.

And there is nothing wrong with ANY of it, IMO!

Make your own fun, I say!!!
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-K wrote:
The one problem Raven hasnt faced yet is why ...remember if you do get to 20 and then by mischance or design die YOU go back to 19...and start yer 1000 a night again ??So Rave are you going to get to 20 then play safe forever or RP and sometime or other die......AND if yer going to die sometime why bother with all the effort??

OH and before you say this aint so I promise it is and it has happened to one player ................

I can perfectly die without losing a level. The best RP elements are not implemented. And if they are implemented, they won't be RP elements anymore. Just because I die doesn't mean I would need to lose a level at all.

I bother with all this effort because I DON'T NEED TO LOSE A LEVEL.
View users profile Send private message Send email
M-K
PostWed 05/21/03 11:21pm
the point is you can also die and lose a level..........................  Reply with quote

Raven
PostWed 05/21/03 11:44pm
I'll take that chance.  Reply with quote

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loosing a level is not really a big deal i wouldnt think, just try and have fun getting it back, like you had amnesia for a year or something and then you spend time re learning the skills and learning new stuff icon_mrgreen.gif
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by encouraging class hatred. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn. You cannot build character and courage by taking away man's initiative and independence. You cannot help men permanently by doing what they could and should do for themselves."
-- Abraham Lincoln
[And I know this doenst make sense]
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Z
Hero

XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uin said its really no fun to play.....I play for challenge and fun. BUT THERE IS NO FUN!

For once I really agree with Uin, I stopped Dyso a couple of months ago partly due to external influences but mostly just because it got boring. I never took part in a DM event (not blaming DMs here) because I never saw any. Oh yeah, well the hypocritical other lot of you are saying well make your OWN events and roleplay . Well call me a powerplayer, but there is a very limited amount of fun to be had trying to do that. One reason I think for all these numerous guilds popping up, is because theres nothing to do, so they go and make a guild in order to try to relieve the boredom...
Well then, some of you might say thats the point, we want players to get creative and create their own things like guilds by making xp progress very very crap Yes, but how active are these guilds actually in-game?? Except the odd, rare event very, very little seemed to be going on with all these guilds, if you dont believe me, just goto the Guild forums and look at all the created guilds and THEN try and think of just 1 thing they have done that you can remember in-game
And others saying losing a level isnt that bad. Well, im sorry, but Im not made of time, I dont have hours to waste away at weekends, losing a level IS bad. Dyso is frankly seriously flawed BUT I believe it will get better with time...(were talking big units of time here) So im just sitting tight and hoping Rebirth will be what it promises but until then Im not going to log onto Dyso so that I can sit on the fountain bench.

I know Im going to get critisism for all of that but I hope that others who agree with my sentiment speak up.

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z wrote:
Uin said its really no fun to play.....I play for challenge and fun. BUT THERE IS NO FUN!

For once I really agree with Uin, I stopped Dyso a couple of months ago partly due to external influences but mostly just because it got boring. I never took part in a DM event (not blaming DMs here) because I never saw any. Oh yeah, well the hypocritical other lot of you are saying well make your OWN events and roleplay . Well call me a powerplayer, but there is a very limited amount of fun to be had trying to do that. One reason I think for all these numerous guilds popping up, is because theres nothing to do, so they go and make a guild in order to try to relieve the boredom...
Well then, some of you might say thats the point, we want players to get creative and create their own things like guilds by making xp progress very very crap Yes, but how active are these guilds actually in-game?? Except the odd, rare event very, very little seemed to be going on with all these guilds, if you dont believe me, just goto the Guild forums and look at all the created guilds and THEN try and think of just 1 thing they have done that you can remember in-game
And others saying losing a level isnt that bad. Well, im sorry, but Im not made of time, I dont have hours to waste away at weekends, losing a level IS bad. Dyso is frankly seriously flawed BUT I believe it will get better with time...(were talking big units of time here) So im just sitting tight and hoping Rebirth will be what it promises but until then Im not going to log onto Dyso so that I can sit on the fountain bench.

I know Im going to get critisism for all of that but I hope that others who agree with my sentiment speak up.

I agree...
Right now I'm actually making loads of new chars, and I get em up to lev 15 or so and start a new one, simply because I just love leveling emot-yum.gif
Uin
PostMon 05/26/03 5:30pm
I'm doing the same, but taking them to lvl 5.  Reply with quote

Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lvl 4 Panther roxorz you!!!

I agree, leveling should be fun, fast AND challenging NOT be boring, shit easy and take 3 years!!!

Thats what they made wrong, they didnt want everyone to be lvl 20 so they made it slow like hell and VERY boring (if anything thinks its fun lvl now from 15 and up please raise your hand)

What they should have done is just make it more difficult!
And please god add some variaty(?)!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Z
Hero

XP
 98%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh! I agree with Uin and Drudley.... whats happening to me....

(and thats 241 now TP icon_razz.gif )

Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z wrote:
Yes, but how active are these guilds actually in-game?? Except the odd, rare event very, very little seemed to be going on with all these guilds

That's because you are not in those guilds. Most guild events are not broadcasted to everyone. I hold discussion meetings very often, but it's not announced by the DM, you know.
Z
Hero

XP
 98%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm ok then my mistake Raven, all guilds are active except that people who are not in them never see anything at all about them, but they are active.... (cue more backlash)

not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going with Z on this one... Raven, where are you? I never see you around. I see Caranthir often and have helped him try to recruit a couple of members for your collective guild (of which I am not even a member) but I never see you.

Now I have to flame Z... icon_twisted.gif

Z wrote:
Oh yeah, well the hypocritical other lot of you are saying well make your OWN events and roleplay . Well call me a powerplayer, but there is a very limited amount of fun to be had trying to do that

I'm going against Z on this one cause you just have to be creative enough to entertain both yourself and other players... hang out with the halflings sometime... like "AliZee'" and "Pete the Pick." Most of the "player events" that I end up in are pretty well ad-libbed.

Otherwise, yeah, leveling past 15 is currently a biatch... the tougher creatures, like glathers for instance, give very little more XP than, say, skeletons in the crypts (which are seriously weaker than glathers). The Sylvandale sewers just aren't worth the heal potions, so to speak.
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or just make us angry and you'll be involved in one of our little events soon enough...and you wont even know about it until a huge half orc meat masher runs up and smacks you in tha face with his huge meat mashing sword and says "happy Birthday!!!" icon_twisted.gif
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not_so_unique wrote:
I'm going with Z on this one... Raven, where are you? I never see you around. I see Caranthir often and have helped him try to recruit a couple of members for your collective guild (of which I am not even a member) but I never see you.

What's your character name, because I am on often. We just held a sword practice a few moments ago at north. (Although it turned into a FFA when more people decided to join)

The way our guild works is kinda complicated. What you really did was recruiting members for his part of the guild. But nice of you anyway.
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. Well, Dyso is a big place and not everyone can be on at the same time. Maybe we just keep missing each other.

Also, Caranthir told one person I snagged to contact you because they had spoken briefly with you about it in the past. But that is beyond my sphere.

Who do I play?

AliZee' wrote:
...and you wont even know about it until a huge half orc meat masher runs up and smacks you in tha face with his huge meat mashing sword and says "happy Birthday!!!" icon_twisted.gif

I like to play the half-orc referred to in the above quote!

The rest is a surprise!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: