DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DM RANT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 7:41 am    Post subject: DM RANT Reply with quote

Time to open my big mouth...

You may find that soon there will be precious little dm events.
Reason: we're all getting fed up with your incessant whining.
It's never enough, there are always people nagging our heads off for free stuff, more xp, better items, more loot, free levels, a return to LV days.
we can put in hours of our time and get totally dissueaded from doing another event because people are bickering over who gets the +3 greatsword in ooc.
Certain people seem to think that putting us down will get them what they want. Well guess again, the fact that the server has gone downhill isnt our fault, it's yours. The community as a whole and individual players in particular. We have tried our best to get things on track and to make Dysotopia more roleplay oriented but it seems it simply won't work with a mixed powergame/roleplay community. We as developers, mods and dm's spend hours on end making it fun for you and half the time we have to swallow your lousy attitudes. Don't you think if WE had more fun we'd do events more often? It's not very satifying when we set things up and all people do is bicker and whine. I'm not saying everyone is like that. There are a fair measure of decent players but it just doesnt make up for all the negativity we get soaked in.

I myself mostly show my head every once in a while these days instead of daily for exactly that reason and trust me I'm not the only one who considered dropping out of sight entirely. That's right. Consider this server without any dm's. Sound like fun? I'm sure to half the community it'll sound like a blessing.
There has been some talk about making Dyso password controlled. That way we can once and for all decide who gets in and who stays out. No more open server but solely for those who show they're worth it. I hate elitism but quite frankly it seems we're being pushed to do so on account of simply not taking crap anymore. We tried to accomplish it by upping the rewards in roleplay situations, we tried to up the xp on wandering monsters, we tried to stimulate you into playing your parts more. It just doesnt seem to have the right effect.
Zak Fell's little outburst was a fine example of how players undermine our best effort though it is far from an isolated event. No imagination? We need to do something more with the mod? We're being unfair?
How about this? If you don't like it, don't whine our heads off. Just fuck off and find some server that better suits your type of play.
Trust me, you won't be missed at all.

Ps: This is a personal rant and does not necesarilly reflect the opinion of all administrative personell.

Have fun.
View users profile Send private message
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, why does it always take a while before anyone actually agrees wiyth what I said????

It's been a month or so since I said this again(for the third time or so), and noone listened. And now one of the lead DMs comes up with, what th hell?????

Anyway, Falk, I absolutely and totally agree with you. Like I've already said loads of times, it's the players who are making this mod go downhill, not the system, or the DMs, or the Devs or whatever, the PLAYERS(NO, Foxboy, it is NOT the fault of the system, if the players were good, the system wouldn't matter one fekkin bit!)

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished best book read for while probably not understood all the humor .....
but seems similar to what written above.I reccomend you get copy of ...
michael moores**Stupid White Men**Youll realize its a result of the instant give me soceity.Dont blame em there just mirrors of the soceity they live in.
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
Spears
PostThu 05/22/03 8:56am
icon_twisted.gif Well said Falk.  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree. It's those fucktardian craplaming whiners that have demolished this mod.

If I was a super mega-dictator, I would ban a whiner the moment I saw him.

A restricted server is our last hope...
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*whine* See, I've already said restricted server two months ago. Why are all of you so slow to react to my fucking rants??????????????????????*end whine*

Right, I do agree on the restricted server part, it works very well....

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raven
PostThu 05/22/03 11:00am
A restricted server would create a closed system where things ultemately stablelizes itself. That's not necessarily good. Look at North Korea.  Reply with quote

Falkhor
PostThu 05/22/03 11:05am
It is also not necessarilly a bad thing. Look at nature reserves.  Reply with quote

Raven
PostThu 05/22/03 11:14am
Exactly, look at how they are ever shrinking.

There must be another solution.

Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than not to many players I didnt know dyso had such big internal problems...
People really ask you to level them and give them free stuff tho? Thats a little odd. Then if all the DMs leave whos going to give me my reutine 400xp worth of RP?
Uin
PostThu 05/22/03 11:32am
But I like moaning,
Plus I refuse to lvl cos the process is degrading.

Glith
The Wanderer

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 23 / 33 EXP: 23 / 33 EXP: 23 / 33
 69%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Restricting Access does not make a completely closed system.

If someone wants in, and is willing to take the time to apply...come up with a char. concept...fill out a web form...do a little pre-rp rp... and then be willing to wait a little bit (ie, few hours) for the mod password, it'd act as a deterant for the lamers that want to PK and *only* powergame.

Sure - some would slip through, but it'd be a lot lower than 'Bob Gamer' and his 15 buddies that can come kick *ss in a new mod they just found 'cause they are bored and just goofing around.

Frankly, I'm working on some kick butt RP ideas and some new quests and a new plot idea. The plot idea may kill me (or lead others to kill me... icon_smile.gif ) but there are more things coming that need a good base of mature players to succeed.

Mood of the Moment:
"I Feed the Pidgeons - I Sometimes Feed the Sparrows too. It gives me a sense of enormous well-being."
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There *IS* another solution. Kindo already mentioned it:

The DM's should be dickheads, and give only 1 warning to people who step out of line. After that, boot 'em for a week, and let them think about whether they want to come back again. If they don't, who cares? This way, we have an open server, but only the people who play fairly, justly, and respectfully will be around all the time.

This is not a rant, nor a complaint on how the DM's run things. I have not had the good fortune to be in any event except 1, but always look forward to the next time. I think the very fact they exist at all is what counts. I'm just stating my opinion that if I had my own mod, I would be EXTREMELY unforgiving towards anyone who screwed around with the atmosphere I wanted. I look at it as inviting people over to my house to play a PnP game. Would you let someone stay in your house past more than 1 warning if they bitched, moaned, broke the rules (or tried to) and insulted you? That's what I thought.

All well said, Falk. I guess I'll be the first to say, I empathize with you, but if it's at all possible, please no less events!
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sure Falk if I've ever seen you in game or not, but I just wanted to give you and all the other DM's an apology as a player . I hope that you don't forget the few of us who love this server. Hey I play 7 days a week icon_biggrin.gif

Please know that we do appreciate your time and effort that you guys do, and I hope its not too little too late.

And yes I am sucking up and brown-nosing, but I mean it!! I Love Dyso!
zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a pill falk, you're out of line, way out.
You say the DMs have done their part?
You appeared to me and several of my guild members sometime back as a drow priestess. You asked that we assist the drow in attacking Slyvandale.
We had an excellent rp conversation. We accepted the offer.
My had my guild be on standby for the day you would contact us and begin the attack, guess what, it never came!
u left it half way, u never bothered to finish what you started.

But heck, im cool with that. doesnt matter to me if a DMs didnt finish what he started, doesnt matter to me if a MOD jails or boot a player for no good reason.
It doesnt matter to me, if some of the long serving players of dyso get a knife drove into their backs.

Think drudley, think Jon, think Ogt.
As far as im concern, none of the DMs has shown themselves as dependable.
Want an example?
Before x3, there were alot players using restricted items. The mods knew abt them, but did nothing.

I NEVER, asked for free levels, i never asked for more xp, i never asked for better equipment. Guess what, im such a damn good player, becoz im just that good.
I dont need your extra lvls, i dont need yr special items.

You say that things would be better if no DMs ever start DM event?
HA! there arent any DMs doing anything, it doesnt matter, man.

I dont know whats your problem, but whatever i say, its never an emotional outbust. DOnt u ever use the F word on me, you piece of halfing butthead. I kicked your ass in the game, i can damn well kick your ass in the real world.

we give out suggestions, we say our peace, but do u listen?
No, you think we are trying to undermine your authourity, u think u know better.
Well guess what, dyso has gone downhill, its not just players like me. its the whole lot of us.

icon_twisted.gif
not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falkhor... who is nagging your head off for more stuff, free items, and all that?

The people whom you choose for DM events or those who are excluded/miss out?
Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*uses the magic ring of UIN to go into hardass mode* hehe

Ya you kicked a lot of ass Zak...I seem to remember chasing your sorry butt from OSB headquarters all the way to the lowlands in 2.x You looked pretty tough from the backside. icon_twisted.gif

AND what happened to your goodbye letter? Need someone to quote it back to you? (if you don't like it then why are you here?)

((sorry to be such a hardass above. but damn am I the only one sticking up for Dyso here?))
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Messiah wrote:
lol Zak ..

You've put a grenade in the hole just like me , now GorbGuy will have to lock this topic I guess icon_wink.gif

Dyso hates good players that are proven to kick halfling or paladin ass ..so they ban us icon_wink.gif lol

.... further downward the spiral icon_twisted.gif
Nope, instead I will just delete your post. icon_twisted.gif
Anyways, we're (meaning admins) are closely looking into ways of getting rid of the idiot players out there. You all know who you are, and your replies back to me will prove such. One possibility is using a password protected/application process for ANYONE wanting to play. We're looking into many things, and hopefully we can end the stupid whining.
Muric
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35
 8%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Zak, you're the one who is way out of line. You are the perfect example of the very worst type of player a server can have. Selfish, arrogant, ungrateful, rude, and generally just complaining and criticizing all the time. You do not at all appreciate the work the dms and admins do behind the scenes. You do not appreciate Gorb for providing the servers and the bandwidth for this mod to run on. You do not appreciate Bri or Gesh for all the hours spent creating the mod. Your only affect on this server is a negative one. You just piss and moan and criticize. The constant negativity from people like you just discourages the good players and dms we have here. This mod would be far better off it it could be rid of people like you once and for all.
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo the Lover wrote:
If I was a super mega-dictator, I would ban a whiner the moment I saw him.
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

XP
 77%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 CHEERS FOR THE ADMINS !!!

HIP HIP

HOORAY!!!

richard goldthumb
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 10 / 22 EXP: 10 / 22 EXP: 10 / 22
 45%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zak_fel wrote:

halfing butthead. I kicked your ass in the game, i can damn well kick your ass in the real world.

:

try it would love to see it that you tryd
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richard goldthumb wrote:
zak_fel wrote:

halfing butthead. I kicked your ass in the game, i can damn well kick your ass in the real world.

:

try it would love to see it that you tryd
Please try to get back on track, otherwise this thread will be locked.
RedStorm
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 10 / 83 EXP: 10 / 83 EXP: 10 / 83
 12%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aditu is to be feared of! next year she is coming to israel to kick me!... good thing i got this ghotic chick with me icon_rolleyes.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zak_fel wrote:
Take a pill falk, you're out of line, way out.
You say the DMs have done their part?

[flame]IF i had my way and i had dm, u would be gone right this instant u whining sonofa bitch. When this server (if i guess) goes passworded u can count on u not having a spot, u childish piece of crap. Since we don't do our part at all, you'll have no problem finding another mod. Enjoy kyrnn or something, pea brain. [/end flame]

editted: I forgot to tell who i was speaking to/about, but it was pretty obvious. Zak Fel the great. Good riddence.

Last edited by Ultrafoo on Thu May 22, 2003 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, hostilities everywhere over here. Well, now that this has happened, nothing can ruin my day.....

You know, I just loved this mod, and I've loved since the day I've been here. But lately players had ruined it, I think that now, it'll be a much and much better place again. *sighs* Old Dyso, I'm home again icon_smile.gif

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

XP
 77%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 CHEERS FOR MURIC & ULTRAFOO !!!

HIP HIP

HOOORAAAYYY !!!!!

Last edited by Maelstrom696969 on Thu May 22, 2003 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A FEW OFF-TOPIC OBSERVATIONS FROM AN UNKNOWN PLAYER:

Obs 1: Dyso is a GREAT mod!!! Good job developers!!!

Obs 2: I got no probs with ANY DMs. Of course, I can't say I really know any of you outside of the forums. I've tried to talk to a few of you from time-to-time in-game, but you are all really busy with other matters... understood.

Obs 3: I rather enjoy the diverse personalities of the players who spend time with Dyso and I would hate to see that diversity go away!

--------------------------------------------------------------
ON TOPIC:

I AM REALLY CONFUSED ABOUT THIS TOPIC!!!

If people are whining because they don't like the DM events they had the privelage of participating in, then tell 'em to f*ck off.

If people are whining because someone got a better item in the DM event, tell 'em to grow up.

If people are whining because others are interrupting DM events designed for their group, tell the interrupters to wait their turn.

If people are whining because they never get a turn at DM events, then maybe you should listen.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I for one would like to thank the developers and especially GorbGuy for making Dyso a great mod to play!!!!

As for DM events... I have had the pleasure of being in two of Conrad's events... most delightful... and my char got a great sword (my only uber item) and I have no complaints! Yet, I know a lot of people who, like me, are rarely involved by the DMs (maybe because we never bug them in-game)... we really don't have a problem with this circumstance until other players with several uber items start whining about this or that powergamer and that we should just stay out of Dyso. Maybe we are powergaming to make-up for a lack of really nice items.

As for other DM events... they are probably fun... but not necessary as I can still find RP opportunities THROUGHOUT Dyso without DM events. I see DM events as a bonus if they ever come my way. You want to eliminate the animosity over DM events? Eliminate the gifts and see how many players go away.

Last edited by not_so_unique on Thu May 22, 2003 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gorb just hosts the servers my friend, thank bri. icon_smile.gif
And BOY i can't wait until Zak reads this.

"Mr. Zak Fel, you just became Dysotopia's most hated player! How do you feel?"

Then again he'd probably feel useless anyways...just like normal. Oh well.
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... Explicit thanks go to you also, Bri!!!

(I have much to learn about Dyso even after two months)!!

EDITS: Repairs for the typing impaired... me!

Last edited by not_so_unique on Thu May 22, 2003 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: