DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DM RANT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedStorm wrote:

Aditu is to be feared of! next year she is coming to israel to kick me!... good thing i got this ghotic chick with me icon_rolleyes.gif

Redstorm, your an idiot

THAT TESTAMENT, A CHAR FROM GUILTY GEAR AND ITS A GUY!!!

fREAK
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
RedStorm
PostThu 05/22/03 4:58pm
Uin,so what!!! it looks like a woman!,BAH,u suck anyway,ahahahaha,cheak pm's uin,We like you!  Reply with quote

Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zak_fel wrote:

As far as im concern, none of the DMs has shown themselves as dependable.
Want an example?
Before x3, there were alot players using restricted items. The mods knew abt them, but did nothing.

How very wrong you are. Anyone with a lost ruins key was jailed and made to return it. When the spell immunity rings were restricted there was a big crackdown to get them all destroyed. And don't forget that the moderator's ability to manage player's inventories was removed so it was very difficult to actually find the players with the banned items. None of the moderators *let* people use these items, it was just a case of finding the ones that had them.

Griff
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been gone from the server for about a month now, I just recently started playing again, only a few people have noticed, but I've yet to have a problem with anybody. Furthermore, I've seen much role-playing or at least an effort towards that end where ever I've gone in game. Falkhor, I hear and understand your point and frusteration, and maybe I'm wrong in my assessment, but I do believe it is a minority of the Dyso population that is responsible for this. I hope this can all be worked out for the best. I know I'd certainly enjoy to see Falkhor, Roido, and Aditu in game again.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some people dont know what RP is. How will those people geting into the passworded version if they have to send in a test form thing telling how they will RP there character?
Maybe we play in diffrent timezones cause I cant seem to find all these powergamers and stuff you people are talking about. Dyso seems fine to me how it is.
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then yes, as you say, you are either blind to the truth or in a different timezone. Then again, being a mod has taught me what any mod/dm knows and would tell you. I have the best example when i was on DM on another server i practice DMing on. I was running an event, used a shout message to explain whoever was interested to meet somewhere special. I got 4 pms then and 2 later in the event asking me what the rewards were. Now you try to put a role play on people who are only out for themselves and how strong their characters are equipped. Mind you, most of us are incapable of 100% role play, if we were, our characters would get slaughtered because the strong ones wouldn't have half a brain (Such as Vurg, for instance) and the strong minded ones would have the stamina of a 400 lb man that has to run the Boston Marathon. What i try to do is make up an RP story for everything. For instance, Vurg is able to speak intelligently because he was taught by a priest that fathered him and his best friend when they ran away from the village the lived in was burned. That's RP. Most people on that server bitch about the lag nonstop without every even trying to rp. They just run to topaz and the crypts and level their guy. I think you need to look at people more closely than you are to determine if you think they appropriately are rping.
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a suggestion:

IF you ever do go limited RP with a "sample" of your RP work, give a situation, not "hey! give us a sample of RP"
there ARE mods that do that, and it pisses me off to no end.

personally, I don't care if I'm in any DM events or not. hell, I'm just playing when I whine (except for the not fun part, but that's out of your control right now, so don't worry aboot it)

I seriously have no problem with any of Bri or Gesh's or whoever's picks for DMs, Moderators and such. I've essentially befrended every single one (if I ever ask a level of you, don't give it, I'm just playing, again.)
the only ones I have not befriended are Y (never really met), Kuma (had a baby) and possibly Glith (though i might have, he just kinda left)

anyhow. I decided I'd better stop trying to save face, as I'm fairly sure that the rant didn't apply to me.

I think it would help people to remember that *the DM's and Moderators ARE NOT GETTING PAID*
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Teapot wrote:
*the DM's and Moderators ARE NOT GETTING PAID*

A wise little pot you are!

This is why I never bother them.

This is why I PG and RP the whole way.

If a DM finds me and has a chance to lay a cool event on my char... great! It will be welcomed!

Meantime... I RP for fun... PG to get stuff... and both to slowly realize my characters' available abilities.

The result is limited DM events for me. But I am okay with that as long as no one accuses me of being a powerlamer and suggests that I don't belong in Dyso.

Then I will take offense 'cause I DO RP. I just choose not to bother the busy DMs and Mods with it.

That is the sum of what I have to say on this topic.

Edits: typos and spelling... gad I am a porr typist.

Last edited by not_so_unique on Thu May 22, 2003 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message
Raven
PostThu 05/22/03 8:53pm
So what is this, if I level my characters the old way I will be banned?  Reply with quote

Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven, i like how you are totally ignoring the point and only reading the part you want to read the way you want to interpret it. You play how u wanna play. If u whine and u don't role play for beans, you are gone, that is the point here. If everyone role played like they were supposed to, the few issues that actually truly NEED to be addressed could get addressed. But instead you people bitch and moan and the administation, mods, and DM's don't have TIME to do anything. I've spoken with several DMs that log on and are immediately bombarded with pms. Sure, different reasons, I, for one, pm Conrad and some other DMs when they log on because i know them. I don't ask for levels, i say hi. Damn, people, it is like you make friends with mods and dms for your own benefit. Go back to where i said about the event that people asked me what their benefits were going to be. Your entire attitude is summarized right there. Now, having said this, there are a few good eggs, and i apologize to them for having to endure through this tough time of...reform. Changes will be made very soon, I am not sure what types of changes, but they will be made. Non-roleplayers beware. Whiners beware.
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny that people can't rant and rave without using such colourful language hehe.

Anyway, what I would like to say is, the DM's do what they can, they have a life outside the mod as we all do. Those who bitch and complain about exp or items should just shut up and get on with it.

I too have complained in the past about mediocre things and I have been wrong on occasion, that fact remains the DM's do their best and if it isn't good enough then simply leave and play on a different module, it's that simple.

No-one forces you to stay here..

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nemor
Hero

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny that people can't rant and rave without using such colourful language hehe.

Anyway, what I would like to say is, the DM's do what they can, they have a life outside the mod as we all do. Those who bitch and complain about exp or items should just shut up and get on with it.

I too have complained in the past about mediocre things and I have been wrong on occasion, that fact remains the DM's do their best and if it isn't good enough then simply leave and play on a different module, it's that simple.

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Nemor - Druid
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't have anything against the players who just wanna run around and kill monsters. They don't "add" a whole lot to the world, but if that's all they are doing ... they aren't taking away anything, either.

There aren't a whole lot of those people, however ... most of the ones who would think they ARE like this are generally doing it for a reason ... and that reason is usually "need to get to 20 so I can kick everyone's ass in PvP and show them how great I am at character design."
MerchanT
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22
 13%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have participated in four DM "events" - I think mostly they were mini-events. I was only rewarded for one of them but I did not complain. I basically agree with Maelstrom when he says if someone is crossing major boundaries and making the server suck, give them a vacation and let them think good and hard about what RP really means.

I further suggest you put a better description about what kind of RP we want to encourage in the server information tab in the server itself, along with a link back to here to a page talking about the environment and different kinds of players. Mabye we can keep some persons out at the gate, hard to say.

If it ever comes down to a restricted server, that could be good or bad. The reason I say this is that my idea of "good RP" is WORLDS apart from someone like oh I don't know let's just say Kindo's, and we're both probably partially correct. I cannot think of anyone (Mods & DM's included) that I haven't seen engage in some pretty lazy RP on at least one occasion - my personal favorite being the DM who told me, "I would have kicked your ass if it wasn't for the lag!" while me and the other characters in my party were sending prayers of thanks to our deities for our glorious victory over the army of impossible monsters he had summoned to destroy us.

I'm not saying that as a criticism either - just a reminder that we all have days like that and kicking out anyone who ever had one would eventually leave you with just the DMs and a couple of their toadies. I see nothing wrong with openly punishing regular griefers however. It's far better to do that then to allow their constant bitching to well up inside of you until you explode and make a post about all the DM's abandoning Dyso.

Adam

/ Meet the Mos'viels! /
* Baleric * Finn * Mordecai *
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MerchanT
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22
 13%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have participated in four DM "events" - I think mostly they were mini-events. I was only rewarded for one of them but I did not complain. I basically agree with Maelstrom when he says if someone is crossing major boundaries and making the server suck, give them a vacation and let them think good and hard about what RP really means.

I further suggest you put a better description about what kind of RP we want to encourage in the server information tab in the server itself, along with a link back to here to a page talking about the environment and different kinds of players. Mabye we can keep some persons out at the gate, hard to say.

If it ever comes down to a restricted server, that could be good or bad. The reason I say this is that my idea of "good RP" is WORLDS apart from someone like oh I don't know let's just say Kindo's, and we're both probably partially correct. I cannot think of anyone (Mods & DM's included) that I haven't seen engage in some pretty lazy RP on at least one occasion - my personal favorite being the DM who told me, "I would have kicked your ass if it wasn't for the lag!" while me and the other characters in my party were sending prayers of thanks to our deities for our glorious victory over the army of impossible monsters he had summoned to destroy us.

I'm not saying that as a criticism either - just a reminder that we all have days like that and kicking out anyone who ever had one would eventually leave you with just the DMs and a couple of their toadies. I see nothing wrong with openly punishing regular griefers however. It's far better to do that then to allow their constant bitching to well up inside of you until you explode and make a post about all the DM's abandoning Dyso.

Adam

/ Meet the Mos'viels! /
* Baleric * Finn * Mordecai *
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatred Fear Abuse Dissension everywhere.........It seems at last I have won Yea have all turned to the dark side.Evil rampant now controls Dyso.One of our greatest weopans in the fight against good was the ability to polarize divide and belittle.Now look at yea thy words speak hatred division and dissolution.Remove the King I should be made the New Queen of this reborn city of DIS.
But that idiocy aside what the hell no one knows the little word calm and theother tolerance.
Ive looked at other servers ben success fast and stayed here.Why cos of the RP perhaps Im not a good RP I dont think I try sometimes succed perhaps..BUT as much as I get sick of PK stupidity I also get sick of the RP Gestapo who claim too speak the one and only truth.Rubbish most of you purists at the end of the day are hypocrites and wont go all the way to making the sytem realistic with limited rest/ recovery permement death etc.So less using of the RP fig leaf .The RP is generally satisfactory here could be better yes could be worse too.You lead by example not by rhetoric.Many seem good at telling others what to do weak at display.So RP not the reason I stay
The action no I usually kill things in times when no ones on which given my time zone is often.When busy I usually talk too much for many people.So thats not it either.But if some like killing creatures all day everyday really so what?If there happy dont worry me .
Whining nope best thing ever to happen Dyso wasnt the wipe or new XP but the removal of the Shout function how that made me happy.I dont think Ive ever complained about loss death asked for xp or things.But maybe I have once or twice cabnt remember dont think so.Personally think DM do terriffic job and Mods never had ant trouble with any i think.Ah except Ethis jailing me for planning to kill Hashmeer but that was fun and allowed me to insult her injustice for days.So overall no gripes there.That is one reason I stay here the DM and mods do there job well .I dont find them biased can play nasty or good charachters as long as you dont be an idiot there be no problem.
I stay cos its fun i enjoy it.I find the DM and Mods fun the events that I run into amusing.The killing of thee cows and chickens was the best we played the whole thing for ages without one fight or death.The DM was even flexible to his story to change to trial at end instead of fight because of thet way we oplayed it.That why I stay fun .And it still is fun .
Some of you seem to wish to turn Dyso into a form of Puritanical Christianity....lots of devotions but no fun.
Now me see the problem to be though izz having fun the DM and Mods arent.That is how to address the problem how to make sure the Mods and DMz are having fun.
Wine I hear .........well that be oggys answer and a good one but not practical..well perhaps!!
The answer is simple ban all white males ..why cos everything bad in the world and Dyso is the result of White Males ...Dyso and the world would be better without them yep Kill Whitey...Not like that plan well lets see a purge Yep good old fashioned Russian Stalinist type purge.You post rules No this no that no tells no asking levels etc.TRhen you give the mods nice new KGB uniforms and set them loose.Arrest every infringer for a week overfloew the jails....set up Concentration Camp in the wilds where you can kil and kill offenders till they stop screaming.I promise by the end of the week reformed charachters or refugge crisis as many flee our shores.But it will work Mein Fuhrer.
But serious why bother listening to people asking for XP items just throw them in a deep hole and forget em Mr DMzz get on with having fun.But if you need a mistress for the Pit Id find ways to enjoy making life painfull.
As for Mr. RPzz chill some do well some do badly most try be more accomodating.
Enjoy the mixture the fun the anger that I do ...its not so hard ..At the end you have a nicely crafted mod with things to do for all sorts of players
that where Bri has done well .Bri started this a very broad church its narrowed but still fairly broad encompassing manny types of faith.So lets cut the Evangelism live and let live.
Remember you purists you can also follow your own advice that you give so freely **If you dont like it get out.*****Yep whiners whine but going on and on about power this lame that is just whining under a different guise.And effectively to me you seem to be two sides of the same coin.
lets END this cos this aint fun and thats why people stay or leave.Its a game games are fun not life.If people abuse boot em fast jail em god ill torture em and enjoy it .Ban em and the Gestapo get down off yer evangelical pulpits and have fun.Powergamers enjoy but if yee start abusuing expect a quick level removal .That is a tool that ive seen used but rarely though I think a good one.Lets enjoy all everyone this fun Mod .
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
M-K
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatred Fear Abuse Dissension everywhere.........It seems at last I have won Yea have all turned to the dark side.Evil rampant now controls Dyso.One of our greatest weopans in the fight against good was the ability to polarize divide and belittle.Now look at yea thy words speak hatred division and dissolution.Remove the King I should be made the New Queen of this reborn city of DIS.
But that idiocy aside what the hell no one knows the little word calm and theother tolerance.
Ive looked at other servers ben success fast and stayed here.Why cos of the RP perhaps Im not a good RP I dont think I try sometimes succed perhaps..BUT as much as I get sick of PK stupidity I also get sick of the RP Gestapo who claim too speak the one and only truth.Rubbish most of you purists at the end of the day are hypocrites and wont go all the way to making the sytem realistic with limited rest/ recovery permement death etc.So less using of the RP fig leaf .The RP is generally satisfactory here could be better yes could be worse too.You lead by example not by rhetoric.Many seem good at telling others what to do weak at display.So RP not the reason I stay
The action no I usually kill things in times when no ones on which given my time zone is often.When busy I usually talk too much for many people.So thats not it either.But if some like killing creatures all day everyday really so what?If there happy dont worry me .
Whining nope best thing ever to happen Dyso wasnt the wipe or new XP but the removal of the Shout function how that made me happy.I dont think Ive ever complained about loss death asked for xp or things.But maybe I have once or twice cabnt remember dont think so.Personally think DM do terriffic job and Mods never had ant trouble with any i think.Ah except Ethis jailing me for planning to kill Hashmeer but that was fun and allowed me to insult her injustice for days.So overall no gripes there.That is one reason I stay here the DM and mods do there job well .I dont find them biased can play nasty or good charachters as long as you dont be an idiot there be no problem.
I stay cos its fun i enjoy it.I find the DM and Mods fun the events that I run into amusing.The killing of thee cows and chickens was the best we played the whole thing for ages without one fight or death.The DM was even flexible to his story to change to trial at end instead of fight because of thet way we oplayed it.That why I stay fun .And it still is fun .
Some of you seem to wish to turn Dyso into a form of Puritanical Christianity....lots of devotions but no fun.
Now me see the problem to be though izz having fun the DM and Mods arent.That is how to address the problem how to make sure the Mods and DMz are having fun.
Wine I hear .........well that be oggys answer and a good one but not practical..well perhaps!!
The answer is simple ban all white males ..why cos everything bad in the world and Dyso is the result of White Males ...Dyso and the world would be better without them yep Kill Whitey...Not like that plan well lets see a purge Yep good old fashioned Russian Stalinist type purge.You post rules No this no that no tells no asking levels etc.TRhen you give the mods nice new KGB uniforms and set them loose.Arrest every infringer for a week overfloew the jails....set up Concentration Camp in the wilds where you can kil and kill offenders till they stop screaming.I promise by the end of the week reformed charachters or refugge crisis as many flee our shores.But it will work Mein Fuhrer.
But serious why bother listening to people asking for XP items just throw them in a deep hole and forget em Mr DMzz get on with having fun.But if you need a mistress for the Pit Id find ways to enjoy making life painfull.
Enjoy the mixture the fun the anger that I do ...its not so hard ..At the end you have a nicely crafted mod with things to do for all sorts of players
that where Bri has done well .Bri started this a very broad church its narrowed but still fairly broad encompassing manny types of faith.So lets cut the Evangelism live and let live.
Remember you purists you can also follow your own advice that you give so freely **If you dont like it get out.*****Yep whiners whine but going on and on about power this lame that is just whining under a different guise.And effectively to me you seem to be two sides of the same coin.
lets END this cos this aint fun and thats why people stay or leave.Its a game games are fun not life.If people abuse boot em fast jail em god ill torture em and enjoy it .Ban em and the Gestapo get down off yer evangelical pulpits and have fun.Powergamers enjoy but if yee start abusuing expect a quick level removal .That is a tool that ive seen used but rarely though I think a good one.Lets enjoy all everyone this fun Mod .
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

M-K
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Moderation in all things Reply with quote

-George Orwell

M-K
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-George Orwell

Malakalam
PostFri 05/23/03 12:32am
Hey, I whine and role play well.. Do I get banned or not on this hypothetical restricted server?  Reply with quote

Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultrafoo wrote:
Raven, i like how you are totally ignoring the point and only reading the part you want to read the way you want to interpret it. You play how u wanna play. If u whine and u don't role play for beans, you are gone, that is the point here. If everyone role played like they were supposed to, the few issues that actually truly NEED to be addressed could get addressed. But instead you people bitch and moan and the administation, mods, and DM's don't have TIME to do anything. I've spoken with several DMs that log on and are immediately bombarded with pms. Sure, different reasons, I, for one, pm Conrad and some other DMs when they log on because i know them. I don't ask for levels, i say hi. Damn, people, it is like you make friends with mods and dms for your own benefit. Go back to where i said about the event that people asked me what their benefits were going to be. Your entire attitude is summarized right there. Now, having said this, there are a few good eggs, and i apologize to them for having to endure through this tough time of...reform. Changes will be made very soon, I am not sure what types of changes, but they will be made. Non-roleplayers beware. Whiners beware.
erm.. wtf I cant see my post
Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same old dyso, tried to avoid the cotroversial posts for a while when I was spendin some time away but guess its now time to put in my two cents haha.

dyso is NOT a democracy, its not even close. You disagree with a DM? you can make a post, carefully store and save a copy of it and put it on a disk that should fit nicely up whatever orfice might come to your mind. Basically Gorb Bri and Gesh tell everyone what the hell is what and if you don't like it you can shut the hell up. The DMs and mods, while not directly in power, basically have the entire purpose to doing whatever the hell they want and you you don't like it you can make that same post and follow the same process resulting with a disk up an uncomfortable orfice. If bri, gesh, gorb, or the other dms and mods don't like it, well there's a hell of alot they can do but that because the mod belongs to those three and their subordinates help em run it. You people have no say whatsoever unless they decide to give it to you and if you piss them off with whining they can be "unreasonable" and "unfair" and ban you and there isn't anything you can do. Just think about this people, really think about it, at this point I would just take away the forum priveleges of anyone who whines too much. Just play the game and enjoy the VOLUNTARY efforts of a bunch of people who basically own you so long as you chose to obsess with their mod. shut the hell up and act like adults, if you don't want to, nobody cares, least of all them.

P. S. that disk I mentioned? its a nice large 5 inch floppy, like they had back in the old days, none of this A disk crap. Before you respond, shut the hell up ecause I don't really care unless you're Ultrafoo in which case you can still SHUT THE HELL UP emot-yum.gif hehehehehe
Scorp57
DysoMOD

XP
 46%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same old dyso, tried to avoid the cotroversial posts for a while when I was spendin some time away but guess its now time to put in my two cents haha.

dyso is NOT a democracy, its not even close. You disagree with a DM? you can make a post, carefully store and save a copy of it and put it on a disk that should fit nicely up whatever orfice might come to your mind. Basically Gorb Bri and Gesh tell everyone what the hell is what and if you don't like it you can shut the hell up. The DMs and mods, while not directly in power, basically have the entire purpose to doing whatever the hell they want and you you don't like it you can make that same post and follow the same process resulting with a disk up an uncomfortable orfice. If bri, gesh, gorb, or the other dms and mods don't like it, well there's a hell of alot they can do but that because the mod belongs to those three and their subordinates help em run it. You people have no say whatsoever unless they decide to give it to you and if you piss them off with whining they can be "unreasonable" and "unfair" and ban you and there isn't anything you can do. Just think about this people, really think about it, at this point I would just take away the forum priveleges of anyone who whines too much. Just play the game and enjoy the VOLUNTARY efforts of a bunch of people who basically own you so long as you chose to obsess with their mod. shut the hell up and act like adults, if you don't want to, nobody cares, least of all them.

P. S. that disk I mentioned? its a nice large 5 inch floppy, like they had back in the old days, none of this A disk crap. Before you respond, shut the hell up ecause I don't really care unless you're Ultrafoo in which case you can still SHUT THE HELL UP emot-yum.gif hehehehehe
Scorp57
DysoMOD

XP
 46%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:17 am    Post subject: shut the hell up Reply with quote

Nemor
Hero

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Bah, 3 times I tried to submit this and it said something about invalid e-mail script or something??

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Nemor - Druid
Nemor
Hero

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- 4 times I've tried to send this reply and it says something about email_notify cannot be found? icon_eek.gif

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Nemor - Druid
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*watches zak and everyone argueing and griping, realizes one thing...*...

i am so glad that its a game and not real life... i would be honestly shocked out of my socks if i was to have to see this every day waking up, i suppose in a way that we all want our perfect world of what WE want, but if you take a minute to look outside your door, you will realize that it just cannot be that way, life was not made to be just like we want it, we must take in consideration of ourselves and others around us and not be insesitive to their needs, we must be man or women, no better yet, HUMAN ENOUGH to stand up and help your fellow man, not kick him into the ground while he is down, for if we must insult others to life ourselves up, then how are we truly anything to begin with?

*shrugs* i felt like trying to dispense some poetic justice to those who need it, just like elminster would do...

i will say this in my own words, don't expect the world to bend over backwards for you so that you can have your way or whatever you want, i feel for you if you do, but try to realize this, there are others just like you that feel that way and if the entire world was like you, would you be able to stand it and not commit suicide from hating yourself?

i think it would do a lot of good if we tried to work together instead of argueing, violence solves nothing as they say, take a couple of steps back, look away from the computer screen, INFACT GO OUTSIDE and get a nice deep breath of fresh air, count to 100 and enjoy the outdoors, when you come back in, you will feel much better and will feel sorry for insulting the very person who is trying to make a difference FOR YOU.

peace.
DM_Logic
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19
 21%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I am at a complete loss here. I know I shouldn't be putting my 2 cents in because it will get cross wired or missdirected some how how but I can't go silent on this.
I have been on Dysotopia for a quite some time now. I have been through at leats 2 server over hauls now. When I look back to when I first came here and compare to what is going on now! There has been some great improvements!
I have seen lots of role playing going on. Maybe it's the time zone I am in but most of the characters I see have been doing some really good jobs at playing their differnt parts. I AM NOT SAYING THERE ARE NO BAD APPLES OUT THERE but they appear to be far fewer than there was in the past. I am by no means trying to say I am a good role player here. It just seems a little upsetting to see these wide general complaints about overall role play and no real mention of the positives that HAVE been going on.
I am a firm believer that if you want to change peoples behavior then there has to be rewards and punishment. Hey! when you see people doing a good job of role playing put a spot light on it so that the rest of us my learn from it. We need to strat promoting some of the good aspects of people and Dyso. All I see here are these nay sayers with no examples of good behavior. Why is there only rants and complaints why not a section for positive comments too. It's all part of continual improvement to get both the negative and the positive.

As a great mind once said:
"Thats all I have to say about that."
Azaziel Seirim
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 1 / 14 EXP: 1 / 14 EXP: 1 / 14
 7%
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think its terribly rude that people whine about not getting lvls / equipment / gold / "the respect they so richly deserve" when they are using a service provided entirely by the generosity and hard work of others. Whenever I cant connect (network probs or maybe the server is rebooting or whatever) I wonder whether the admins / DMs have finally given up and just pulled the plug on Dyso.

There is absolutely no reason you cant have a great time playing on Dyso as it is with standard equipment and without spending all your time in DM'ed events. Grow up please people - the world does not exist simply to fulfill your every whim.

Kick back, chill out and just have fun. Its not a damned competition to get to lvl 20 or be the uber uber of the ubers, its just meant to be an enjoyable experience with others..

Maybe I shouldnt drink so much.

Az
zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im glad i receive such a warm response from everyone.

If i am the most hated person on dysotopia, so be it.
I never walk away from a fight.

All ive said, ive been saying for a long time.
I dont regret the things i said, i wont take any back.
If anyone has a personal issue, take it with me in the game, thats were all gamers settle their issues anyways icon_twisted.gif

In the words of THE PEOPLES CHAMP, THE GREAT ONE, THE ROCK!
JUST BRING IT! icon_twisted.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: