DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Disappearing Items

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 9:12 am    Post subject: Disappearing Items Reply with quote

Some guy said earlier that he lost his weapon - he leveled a bit, and came to town to go afk- when he returned the module had restarted and his item was gone (it was a simple bastard sword, no biggie). He also told me that he leveled with this sword, so it was impossible for the server reset to have anything to do with it.

Have any of you had this problem? It might be wise to bring it up now, else someone loses their bloodletter or something icon_eek.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Kindo
PostThu 05/22/03 9:55am
Just make sure he was in a no-pvp town. Those pesky little thieves are everywhere...

*nabs Palladium's pouch*

Maelstrom696969
PostThu 05/22/03 1:22pm
Impossible for the server reset...? Why? Does your character automatically get saved when you finish leveling?  Reply with quote

not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost a favorite armor when the lag got real bad a couple of days ago... no bother... i just went and killed a few skellies to get the gold i needed to buy it back.

NOTE: this is my own fault as when i changed armor to go to town, my inventory was full and my good plate fell to the ground just before the server lost connection... oh well.

Maybe when this guy put his weapon away to come into town, there wasn't room for the wide-ass bastard sword in his inventory and then the server dropped him.

Just a thought.
View users profile Send private message
Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The server saves your character automatically every 5-10 minutes I believe- granted I may be wrong, but notice when the server resets, you join with the XP you had 10 minutes prior to the crash.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Grusk
PostThu 05/22/03 10:35pm
Happened to me.

I lost my second Gloth Soulstone.

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you get a good item, no matter the auto save B.S. always logout instantly and rejoin, it will always save the item if it doesn't crash in those few miliseconds it takes for you to click exit game..... icon_evil.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Bugs - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: