DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

[u][b]The Mages Guild. All Mages and Arcane Manipulators Rea
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Little Teapot wrote:
Darkness wrote:
There is one thing currently every moderator

I'm not a mod.

I wasnt talking about you.

ok.
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Raven, the adcademy doesnt have moderators or admin backup, so i believe. And i have been in every version of dysotopia. And i havent heard about it. No offence intended.

So does this make you god and us insects? I was in the last three version of dyso too, and I don't BRAG about it.
View users profile Send private message Send email
X
PostSat 05/24/03 1:23am
No it means that i didnt and still dont know who the Academy are. So stop talking about them like there some bloody huge thing.  Reply with quote

Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bloody huge thing? You're idea of a guild is very similar to mine, so I raised up that question. You don't really invent something AFTER someone and then claim it. So just because YOU never heard of it does it mean that it does not exist.
Little Teapot
Deity

XP
 19%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
No it means that i didnt and still dont know who the Academy are. So stop talking about them like there some bloody huge thing.

Raven wrote:
What bloody huge thing? You're idea of a guild is very similar to mine, so I raised up that question. You don't really invent something AFTER someone and then claim it. So just because YOU never heard of it does it mean that it does not exist.

Girls, Girls, Let's not try to lay claims on an Idea that originated with neither of you. don't get angered, it's just a game, and don't insult eachother's guilds. just wait until the other one inevitably topples then get yours going. it's as simple as that. if you don't have enough membership that nobody's heard of you, you don't really count as a major guild. now stop the catfight and play the god!@# game.
Matthijs says:
Matthijs says:
X
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 16 / 20 EXP: 16 / 20 EXP: 16 / 20
 80%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only one problem with that tea pot... i dont have a bloody guid icon_biggrin.gif

lol.

Fear is nothing without power
Sariia - A Sister of "The Red Rose"
Eastern Winds - Palidin of Tyr
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Little Teapot
Deity

XP
 19%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
There is only one problem with that tea pot... i dont have a bloody guid icon_biggrin.gif

lol.

then quit insulting his.
Matthijs says:
Matthijs says:
X
Master

XP
 80%
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did i insult it.. I think you are looking fr things that are not there, all i said was i never heard of i, which is true. Followed by no offence intended.

Tea pot i thinkyou should be more clkear in yor accusations, i have no problem with the academy, i mite even takl to raven about a placement.

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spam o' matic, but i will say one thing, conrad is right about wizards and sorcs distrustful or downright hating each other, in some part of the FR world they are automatically hostile to each other, but anyway, the mages guild will always fail, and will continue to fail until it comes up with a real charter or some reason why mages would band together, and even at that, it would almost have to be sorc or wiz only, very little would bring the two together, unless the world was going to explode or something..... lol
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got it, make the guild with sorcerers whos goal is to wipe out all wizards icon_razz.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOO HOO, right on drudley, that would be excellent fun, bwuahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_mrgreen.gif
X
PostMon 05/26/03 10:07am
So if the problem is sorcs, and wizards. Should a guild be personally made for sorcerers, work?  Reply with quote

Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness- honestly, listen to yourself. This post is getting very repetitious and clearly isnt going anywhere. You CANNOT have a clan that will abolish another sect- albeit fun, thats mass genocide, and is the beggining of another White Rose... which technically (no offense to anyone) is not something we want to replay.

It's the same concept as, "I'm starting a barbarian guild for barbarians only... our sole purpose is to abolish fighters because they can wear heavy armour"...

You can't really do that- your guild wont develop. Also, a charter would be helpful- you stated that most mage guilds lacked organization and such, yet you seem to be exhibiting that same trait that as well.

Darkness wrote:
And to finish on the subject ofa new mages guild, it is clear that all you do is critisise and do not support. So the idea can be scrapped.

Re-think your strategies and edit your first post, instead of arguing with the suggestions of others. We criticise to show support; we supply constructive criticism to help you, and being shot down in the process is not appreciated, thusly making you lose support at the same time. Be a little more open minded, otherwise your sect, like any other, will crumble to the ground.

Think about the guild... make it interesting.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
X
PostMon 05/26/03 10:51am
This post can be Deleted. Something Else has arisen.  Reply with quote

Spears
PostMon 05/26/03 10:55am
Figures. No wonder nothing happened.  Reply with quote

X
Master

XP
 80%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paladium, what do you expect me to do, i have been adviced not to take action on a Guild, as there is no need for on. Your upset because of that pathetic display of insults you gave yesterday, as well as the fasct you found who your friends ic really are. none.

So before you try blasting the post about me critising those who are trying to help, critism doesnt help anyone, it causes stigmas, which infact reduce the level of arousal in the brain causing indiviuals to feel half haerted about ideas they first had.

So my advice to you would be, Dont critisise something you have never tried.

And before you try and flame my indiviual actions, remeber it was who asked me to join you, in the crimson hand. And it was me who abruptly turned you down. My alignment maybe evil, but that doesnt mean that i have to kill innocents because of it. I think thats a point that hsuld be publically made, as most seean evil alignment as a murderer and killer, Well that isnt true of all.

Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you all should be ashamed of yourselves, why do you always try to trash others attempts to makes guilds?

Let them try and fail, even that is better than it being trashed before even started!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Spears
Grandmaster

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:

So before you try blasting the post about me critising those who are trying to help, critism doesnt help anyone, it causes stigmas, which infact reduce the level of arousal in the brain causing indiviuals to feel half haerted about ideas they first had.

Halfwit. Stigma: a characteristic of a person that is percieved negatively by some individuals, most often based on irrational assumptions...

For a stigma to be created, a negative affect MUST be aroused (the general idea is based on classical conditioning). It doesn't reduce the level of arousal in the brain, it merely arouses a different structure.

Creating a guild and losing interest in it has little to do with brain arousal, instead it has more to do with an individuals emotional affect.

Social Psyc 308. Blow me. icon_eek.gif

Darkness wrote:

So my advice to you would be, Dont critisise something you have never tried.

I'm the Commander of the Crimson Hand. Go figure.
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drudley wrote:
I think you all should be ashamed of yourselves, why do you always try to trash others attempts to makes guilds?

Let them try and fail, even that is better than it being trashed before even started!

That's horrible. So THAT's what you've all been doing to me.
X
Master

XP
 80%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rofl, paladium ill think you mind thst inder the work of Behaviour model and the work done by freud in the psychodynaim model you will find that negative appear causes a stigama to in the individual that causes them to feel negative about curret, goals.

But go on you argue with a Grage 1 Psychologist and a social psychology Grade 2 student.

NOW BLOW ME. see you al ways think your right, thats what amazes me, well this time im glad to say your out of your depth.

Spears
Grandmaster

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Rofl, paladium ill think you mind thst inder the work of Behaviour model and the work done by freud in the psychodynaim model you will find that negative appear causes a stigama to in the individual that causes them to feel negative about curret, goals.

But go on you argue with a Grage 1 Psychologist and a social psychology Grade 2 student.

NOW BLOW ME. see you al ways think your right, thats what amazes me, well this time im glad to say your out of your depth.

Wasnt ENGLISH a pre-requisite of PSYCHOLOGY?

*cough* You're still blowing me.
X
PostTue 05/27/03 12:06am
lol. that still remains that the psychology over the issue prooves i am right, so just accept it, or are u too man not to?  Reply with quote

Spears
Grandmaster

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not finished with you yet...

First off, you repeated exactly what I stated earlier. Negative affect CAN cause stigma- thats a given. I merely said that for negative affect to occur, reduction of brain arousal is not necessary.

Freud? What does he have to do with anything? You mentioned the psychodynamic model, and all that asserts is that abnormal behaviour is caused by unconscious conflicts stemming from early childhood experiences.

Classical conditioning has nothing to do with Freud. If you were talking about the cognitive behavioural paradigm, then that has more to do with Pavlov, Skinner, and Wundt.

You know I'm right.

Speaking of Freud, what trauma happened in your childhood to make you such an arrogant prick?
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can give you two a mathematical answer to your problems. Unfortunately it would involve the creation of an entirely new equilibrium which governs the the outcomes of this debate. It will not revolutionlize game theory, and it'll just take a few minues, but I'm too lazy to do it.

Let's quantify the ah screw it
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just say this, you two are going in a loop which tends to 0 but never reaching it. You will never settle this if you keep arguing using the patching strategy.
Spears
PostTue 05/27/03 4:39am
I know Raven, it sounds repetitious. I suggest we lock the topic and leave it as is. Mod?  Reply with quote

Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think this entire thread should be deleted, if the guilds not being created then there is no use for the topic anymore right? but it does seem like "just a flame" between raven and paladium... icon_mad.gif
X
Master

XP
 80%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon136 is right, infact william you are runnning out of so many arguemtns these days that i see you repeating previous ones.

By the way if you studied the subject as an intergerated extended degree one day you wouldm find out that actually the frued idnt just abnormality thorugh the childhood experiences of the id,ego and super ego.

MOD MY TOPIC CAN BE DELTED, because im sick to death of william repetious banter and girlish moaning. Grow up.

Raven
PostTue 05/27/03 11:35am
Uh, between ME and Paladium...?  Reply with quote

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: