DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Wedding

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Nikina
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9
 22%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Wedding Reply with quote

As many of you know, Caranthir Thargelion and me, Nikina Goldentouch, will be wed in a near future. We (or at least I) do not know the location or time of this event but it will be announced when it is decided. All of the realm is invited of course, except those who will only come for trouble.
More on this later.
View users profile Send private message
Griff Inn
PostFri 05/23/03 6:33pm
Ugh, here we go again.

Griff

Nemor
PostFri 05/23/03 7:06pm
Yeh, watch the Dwarves set up another attack..  Reply with quote

Jase
PostFri 05/23/03 8:26pm
ooc this time i suggest this wedding is held in a NON-PVP zone.......

IC:
Selene

I congratulate you both.

Raven
PostFri 05/23/03 8:41pm
There will be enough of us there to repel any attack.  Reply with quote

DM_Logic
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19
 21%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That last statement is asking for trouble.

Wish you all the best of luck!

Oh Pete the Pick will be collecting all the money for those of you who would like to donate money to the couple to be wed.
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Announcing a wedding is asking for trouble as there will always be bad people trying their best to stop such an occasion. If you don't hold the wedding in a safe haven, then you are very foolish, and would imply as though you want someone to attack you to try and spoil the wedding.

OOC - Don't come ranting on the forums when you are killed by some bane worshipper or something, as nothing will be done about it. Announcing a wedding is like saying "any evil characters, this would be a good opportunity for you to cause trouble and kill people" if you don't hold it in a no pvp area. It's happened so many times. So if you know what's good for you, hold the wedding in a no pvp area.

Griff
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on Griff, 100 and 10 percent spot on.

If you announce a wedding to the entire world and tell them where it's gonna be (and it always seems to be in a PvP area) and then cry about it when some ne'er do wells decide to crash the party ... I don't wanna hear about it. If you wanna do a wedding, go ahead and do it ... you can announce the blissful happening once it's done ... but everyone doesn't need to know unless you want to invite drama.

It has been my experience (and I have lots of that) that this sort of wedding announcement usually stems from the "drama queens" of the RP world who set up the wedding and placement in a PvP area will FULL HOPE that someone will show up and kill the bride or what have you. Sometimes that is part of the plan between other players ... A tells B they're getting married, it'd be cool if we could get C to show up and make a scene ... unfortunately when you make it public, sometimes D shows up and kills A, B, and C as well. Saw this happen first hand a few months back. The "planned on" party crasher ended up as dead as the people he was supposed to be killing.
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We thought that Nikina and Caranthir can marry in The Academy, when/if it is built, as a sort of house warming party. If not, I will suggest them to wed perhaps in the Eleriina Inn, Sylvandale Temple, Kravenwood Lowland Inn, or Kravenwood Main Estate.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Drudley
PostFri 05/23/03 10:53pm
Or maybe North Eleriina, I heard that place is nice this time of year.  Reply with quote

AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

North El is Halfling Territorry....but we rent it out for tha occasional Duel/Tourney.....or...wedding icon_confused.gif as tha case may be....hehe
DM_Logic
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19
 21%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete The Pick:

You people must be tighter than bark on a tree! Ain't one person come up and donated to the wedding couple yet. Now dig in those pockets and I mean dig deep. When you see me just come give me the money. I will express you personal wishes to the couple.
Nikina
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9
 22%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooc: Is it just me or your trying to tell me you don't want player run events? Posts like, "Don't come crying to me if you die" or "You shouldn't tell that publicly" sound like they don't want it happening. Well I believe that usually when there is a wedding in such as small community as Dysotopia, everyone should be invited. I have seen wedding in Everquest and you can't allow to invite anyone in these. Of course I am aware that there might be some party crashers but the wedding will most likely be held in a non-PvP area. Player run events are a greta part of what makes Dyso such a fun universe, along with the DM events of course that can be way more entertaining because they can actually spawn items or monsters and control NPCs. Off wedding subject, Player run events are really interesting to see, like Selene's shop that is gonna be very cool and When the academy is built, there is gonna be a play of The Raven which is gonna be interesting too. Does anyone else think there should be more Player run Events?
Raven
PostSat 05/24/03 10:19pm
Just because weddings in the past have gone bad doesn't mean this one will.  Reply with quote

Spears
PostSat 05/24/03 11:06pm
Sure, I'll be there. I'm sure you all want that *grin* Unless this 'wedding' turns into another ambush.

- William Spears

Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

XP
 70%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikina wrote:
ooc: Is it just me or your trying to tell me you don't want player run events?

Nope, but we're just hesitant against weddings because the same thing happens over and over:

1) You decide to hold the event in a pvp area despite our warnings against it.
2) Some evil character(s) appear(s) and kills a lot of the people, thus spoiling the wedding.
3) You come bitching on the forums about how childish players are when really all they were doing was roleplaying their character.
4) You are divorced by the end of the week.

And that's why we think weddings on the whole, are a big fat crock.

Griff
Raven
PostSun 05/25/03 12:03am
Great, you've just crushed the dreams of a couple. I hope you are happy.  Reply with quote

Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griff Inn wrote:

3) You come bitching on the forums about how childish players are when really all they were doing was roleplaying their character.
4) You are divorced by the end of the week.

You can see through time now?
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

XP
 70%
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC- Well, all you have to do to prove me wrong is hold the wedding in a no pvp area, and points 1,2, and 3 are automatically avoided aren't they? It's not rocket science.

Griff
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Nah, Griff, the OSB is aganst nuptual bliss, too ... hell, they're apparently against everything else ... didn't you know? You have to be in the OSB to get married.))
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC: If you feel like getting married, do so with a powered out character in the pit, like me and Glorin did. boy was that fun. why, we simply held the wedding just FOR the massive combat that ensued.

hold it in a scenic spot, like, i dunno... a boat in Eleriina... that's good... a boat...
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Azaziel Seirim
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 1 / 14 EXP: 1 / 14 EXP: 1 / 14
 7%
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IC - Bonus points to any thief who can dispossess the bride of her garter. Mask would be well satisfied should the groom find someone had been under her skirts before him..

OOC - I hope you do have a great wedding, and that it is all RP'ed well. However, just coz you want a beautiful wedding doesnt mean its not RP by someone who disrupts it, robs all the guests etc. What cleric of Bane, Mask etc etc or thief would not look at this as a wonderful opportunity to please their god or make a profit?
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((nah they aint tellin you not to have player run events, or not to have your weddin,, but they are sayin that if and when you do it, do it in a NO-Pvp zone, and whatever happens, dont come on tha forums and start bitchin about it, because you just been warned that sumthin ALWAYS does happen,

and since you yourself said you will probably hold it in a NO-pvp zone, that means that you already started off better then tha people who've come bafore you that have tried to do this same marriage thing...Coz they were dumb and held it in a Pvp zone

anyways....))

hehe hmm....i wonder how much a bride to be's Garder is worth...
i bet its worth alot to her husband.... hmm hmm
Norrec
Hero

XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to be there, why dont you hold it in the Eastern Forest? Just keep the Ogre Eater away and everythign would be fine... Perhaps I shall prepare a poem for this event.

Maybe I could be best man? icon_biggrin.gif
Thargelion
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 11 / 11 EXP: 11 / 11 EXP: 11 / 11
 100%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*coughs* I see that my wedding is broadcast* to the realms. I suppose I should have at least 'some' say regarding the matter. Hmm... well I suppose as all know now, the lovely Nikina Goldentouch and I are to be wed. As an Elf of the blood, I will not have a filthy public ceremony where every bloody commoner can gawk at the women or interupt the ceremonies with their shouting or their smell. I shall have to make more detailed arrangements with Nikina on the exact time and place.... and then only tell those of you whose company are welcome. I think I shall have to rent a secure Hall where no challenges are invited and troublemakers are not welcome ((or able to draw their blades because of the npc guards!)). Hmm.. I have heard a thing or two about failed weddings in these lands... interuptions, bloodshed or broken vows. I shall have none of this nonsense and shall plan accordingly.

Oh... friends and family welcome. *forced smile*
((*broadcast... anachronistic word.. I think so!))
Coral_Reef
PostMon 05/26/03 4:35pm
Thargelion and Nikina:

Congratulations I wish you well. May your marriage bring you much joy.

Coral Reef

Last edited by Coral_Reef on Mon May 26, 2003 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total

_MJ_
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 5 / 13 EXP: 5 / 13 EXP: 5 / 13
 38%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: hehe Reply with quote

ok not all weddings have gone bad that were held in a public place((remember blane in the lost woods temple?)). but it has shown that almost all of them do for the fact that people who are trying to rp a thief would love a gathering of people to get a few extra coin. i wish you guys luck.
AliZee'
PostTue 05/27/03 7:08pm
argh!! too many pockest...not enough hands!  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> In-Character All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: