DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Didnt want to bring it up but I dont care anymore enough BS
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Truia
Grandmaster

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45
 71%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Didnt want to bring it up but I dont care anymore enough BS Reply with quote

I have noticed that in Dyso those with power only get more, normally this wouldnt bug me but this time is has, hey sorry is I am stepping on toes in saying this,but right now I think it has to be said.

Heres an example of OSB the most messed up DM run guild I have ever seen. For starters, West Whitewind Paladin of Helm stands for good attempts to prevent misdeeds from happening. Now then his player after I got married to West, ,goes off and Creates his brother. all this time I have been busy doing all the stuff West had done, next thing I know Wests Brother is a squire in OSB, I didnt see him RP his way there...... all I had seen was Chelsha Trying her hardest to please everyone, TRYING to get closer to her husband, by TRYING ever so hard to become what he is......... nothing......... despite extreme RP on my part, I get NOTHING out of all the hours I spent on makeing her story perfect in every way, this leaads me to believe what I have said those with power only get more.

When I myself have asked several people with "POWER" who respect me(as far as I know they do) to attempt to put in a good word for me as a DM, since right now I have nothign going on in my life have Flexible hours(EXTREMELY flexible hours), I enjoy talking to and Interacting with people, am a FIRM believer in RP over Leveling, have never seeked "POWER" to benifit myself, and have put all my work hours DMing on servers that my brothers company hosts(when I had nothing intensly important to do)

I dont know how many people actually brought me up for the job, and right now I dont care. Talk to anyone who Chelsha, Truia, Drem, Lily, Freya, Merica (thats all of the names I can share) has met in game and RPed with, maybe a few complaints, most likely only good things......

HELL I have even gone onto a personal level with some of the players from before 3.x, People come to me for Advice, People have come to me because they know I listen.

Unless you are looking at it from a "We dont want to lose such a good RPer" point of view, why the hell was I just Blown off, Dyso is in need of a few good Women...... I havent seen another Woman who plays in so long its ridiculas...... I am almost all you have, and if my RPed lives with all my characters dont start to look up I was going to leave.

I was looking real forward to Dysotopia Rebirth. but if this corruption of Power reaches into it I am not sure if I will even attempt to apply for it.

I have a HELL of alot more to say, but I dont want to sound to hostile.

For anyone who might want to get some power in this module.
The question isnt "How can I RP into Power"
The real one is "Whos ass do I have to kiss to get Power"

If anyone wants to ask me something or what ever Drop me an email
McCloud87@msn.com I ask PLEASE have the title for Truia on it so it gets forwarded to my personal account.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh ... oh boy.

Well insofar as West's "brother" bit went ... he was never formally recognized as a squire. Suffice to say that Palladium has had a bad habit in the past of misrepresenting somethings along those lines or not correcting people when they jumped to conclusions ... but that's that. With few exceptions, nearly everyone involved with OSB has just one character involved with it ... their others are involved in other groups or such. As has been said before ... the "OSB party" often has several members in it who are not OSB members ... sometimes it's a bunch from The Scamps, sometimes it's a few of the Druids, take your pick ... there's plenty who've been in party.

But hey ... let's not mince words and get to the meat of the matter, eh?

I think what the _root_ of this matter was all about was Truia not becoming a DM or moderator for the module and that happened, perhaps, due to my saying that I didn't think it was a great idea. I have nothing personal against Truia, I think she's generally pleasant and so forth ... and I was actually initially somewhat in favor of the idea. Then her previous transgressions were reminded to me ... and I also happened to see directly a few instances where she went OOC in talk mode to players who did something she didn't like where she told them to "fuck off." I've had some rough moments in game but I can't say I've ever taken it to that level in game ... can't think of many other of the current DMs who have, either. These factors led to some doubts and woth other equally deserving people to consider, it dropped Truia out of contention.
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Heres an example of OSB the most messed up DM run guild I have ever seen. For starters, West Whitewind Paladin of Helm stands for good attempts to prevent misdeeds from happening. Now then his player after I got married to West, ,goes off and Creates his brother. all this time I have been busy doing all the stuff West had done, next thing I know Wests Brother is a squire in OSB, I didnt see him RP his way there...... all I had seen was Chelsha Trying her hardest to please everyone, TRYING to get closer to her husband, by TRYING ever so hard to become what he is......... nothing......... despite extreme RP on my part, I get NOTHING out of all the hours I spent on makeing her story perfect in every way, this leaads me to believe what I have said those with power only get more.

OK, as Conrad told you...he was never accepted as a squire. So it's wrong on that point. Then you say that you really tried your best to put more detail in your story, and really really RP your way into the OSB. But you never got accepted? OK, but Chelsha was Chaotic Good...you missed that point I guess. And since OSB is a law-enforcement guild, a Chaotic Good character would never dream of joining one such. Seems like bad RP to me. nono.gif

Quote:
When I myself have asked several people with "POWER" who respect me(as far as I know they do) to attempt to put in a good word for me as a DM, since right now I have nothign going on in my life have Flexible hours(EXTREMELY flexible hours), I enjoy talking to and Interacting with people, am a FIRM believer in RP over Leveling, have never seeked "POWER" to benifit myself, and have put all my work hours DMing on servers that my brothers company hosts(when I had nothing intensly important to do)

Alright, some self-promotion here. Well that's ok. You think you are an awesome roleplayer, and you think you deserve recognition for it. Although I must admit that what you say sounds a bit braggy to me.
From what you told me, I think you would make a nice DM. Online alot, and have somewhat nice experiences as DM from before. What bugs me though is that you contacted all the "high-ups" and flirted with them, trying to get them to put in a good word for you. At first I thought you were just being friendly when you were talking to me, and all. But it shows that I was just pawn you used in your strategical game in order to get recognition for your "perfect roleplay". plthumbsdown.gif

Quote:
I dont know how many people actually brought me up for the job, and right now I dont care. Talk to anyone who Chelsha, Truia, Drem, Lily, Freya, Merica (thats all of the names I can share) has met in game and RPed with, maybe a few complaints, most likely only good things......

HELL I have even gone onto a personal level with some of the players from before 3.x, People come to me for Advice, People have come to me because they know I listen.

Unless you are looking at it from a "We dont want to lose such a good RPer" point of view, why the hell was I just Blown off, Dyso is in need of a few good Women...... I havent seen another Woman who plays in so long its ridiculas...... I am almost all you have, and if my RPed lives with all my characters dont start to look up I was going to leave.

More self-promotion. You have other players who can recommend you, and you also add that people sometimes come to you personally for advise and such. Also, you're a woman....that's a perk. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote:
I was looking real forward to Dysotopia Rebirth. but if this corruption of Power reaches into it I am not sure if I will even attempt to apply for it.

I have a HELL of alot more to say, but I dont want to sound to hostile.

For anyone who might want to get some power in this module.
The question isnt "How can I RP into Power"
The real one is "Whos ass do I have to kiss to get Power"

As it shows, it all boils down to the fact that you got denied DM even after you talked with all the "high-ups" and asked them to recommend you. You are upset because you didn't get accepted to the OSB, because of wrong aligment and crappy RP. And you are upset because all your flirting with high-ups didn't pay off. icon_neutral.gif

You were acting friendly to me only because you wanted me to help you get DM. That was very childish of you.

I am disappointed of you, Truia.

Last edited by Kindo on Sat May 24, 2003 11:29 pm, edited 4 times in total
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

West's brother was a failed attempt on making a battle-paladin... he never intended to join the OSB- but because I was playing the brother instead of West at the time, the OSB allowed him to take his place temporarily (not a member, but just to help out) while West was on vacation (IC).

I really don't see what the big deal is anyway- besides, what power do I have? I'm not a mod or DM either
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

What bugs me though is that you contacted all the "high-ups" and flirted with them, trying to get them to put in a good word for you.

What bugs me was that i didnt get flirted with damn it!
Ah, the places it could have gotten you...

But seriously Truia it is not a matter of you not being able to roleplay.
As roleplayer you're doing an excellent job, as player your help is much appreciated. It is not that we dimiss your talents. Hmm, mostly the issue was that we weren't sure you had the coolheadedness and patience to untangle a situation before judging it. Your reaction kinda confirms that, sorry to say.
I have good friends i know far better than you that I wouldnt trust with the job of DM so it's nothing personal. You seem to take it as such though, which is rather sad. You didnt get what you wanted, that sucks but blowing off steam instead of thinking before you act is what made us doubt about making you moderator and dm. Maybe we were wrong but your reaction to our decision kinda strengthens our resolve. Wish you hadnt taken it personal, it's not like we enjoy making those kinda decisions, not like we get together and think well hey, how can we screw over a good player who asks us a favor...
View users profile Send private message
BriHurley
The Lord of Kravenwood Estates

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41
 34%
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you were talked about that is enough to say that we do watch and care about our players wanting to help. Keep up your attempts to make Dyso better after all we will eventually forget about the wall pushing incident.

bow.gif bow.gif pimp.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hurin
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30
 83%
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to add my point of view from a players perspective...
I've had fun rp'ing with you Truia, But I must admit that you do have a temper. There was an incedent where your character Chelsha was trying to commit suicide, and my wife who playes the character Ariia tried to save you. When she raised you from the dead, you told her to "fuck off"....That was a little extreme on your part. There are many players that have noticed how you interacted with the DM's, and many people feel that was bad form, you basically used the fact that you are a female to get what you wanted.
The most notable incedent was our first meeting. We fought the first time we met...then we fought again...then you tried again. It was done as RP, but it was obvious to all of us in my party that you had a bit of a temper. It's funny to think back to now, we definately havent forgotten about each other icon_wink.gif .
Your great to play on line with Truia, but only those times when you don't get an aditude, or a grudge againts someone.
Truia
Grandmaster

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all the fight with Hurin was with Truia, who was chaotic Nuetral.

Secondly Chelsha has never been chaotic or evil at any point.

Third the only times I remember swearing at anyone, was in two incidents.
1. I was being Rezraped.
2. Was at Romanus for attempting to get close to Aeris.

Forth 2 wall pushing incidents, one was to go I dont know where that lead, and no one seemed to want to share Curiosity got the better of me. the second was when my computer crashed when I was soloing DL, when I came back in I died because I had some orbs of pain that werent in a bag, so I got back in another way, and was soon killed by Link. then was booted from teh server without anywords from me.

As for Flirting I would be more then happy to clear that up, if you feel used then what ever, talk to me on MSN Kindo ask me why yell at me what ever you want, I could use a good friend ni Diablo 2 since that will be most likely where I will go after this.

>edit< forgot to mention mysteriously lost 3 emerald tomes when that rather large group was lingering over my body
Z
PostSun 05/25/03 7:53am
you were carrying 3 emerald tomes???!......hmmmmm  Reply with quote

Truia
Grandmaster

XP
 71%
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes three tomes from times I have had the chance to kill the twins and people have already been into the DL useing old tomes from when the server has crashed
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to making a point I raised everytime someone moans about the OSB.

They are strong thru organisation. They all pzarty together, they all swap gear together, they all do events together, and thanks to the way ppl are accepted in othe guild, they are also all good players/RPers.

If you've got a problem ooc with the guild its most likely because you can't get in or are very jealous.
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just about aligment crap: You create your character as a chaotic good, but deeds should change your alignment.... and it seems thats impossible in dyso then so is hardcore RP. I do absolutely not care a thing about power, but Truia is right in a way.
[Edit: I dont want to get involved into more crap. ^_^]
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get in the WR reborn **see Uins description seems to fit the bill except the last few words**no thanks them paladins strut around like they have a pineapple stuck in a painfull place.Why would anyone in a serious frame of mind want to join the OSB thats the bit i cant understand.But Im just a dumb girl.
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
Y
PostSun 05/25/03 10:23am
Childrens of the Night
The Rose will blossom

M-K
PostSun 05/25/03 1:14pm
Its thorns shall caress
loves lingering light

AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and while you tallies bicker and fight,
imma pluck that rose right from under your nose... icon_biggrin.gif
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Childrens of the Night
The Rose will blossom
Its thorns shall caress
loves lingering light

emot-heartbeat.gif

Quote:

and while you tallies bicker and fight,
imma pluck that rose right from under your nose...

icon_lol.gif
Drudley
PostSun 05/25/03 4:22pm
I think this is getting a bit off topic icon_rolleyes.gif  Reply with quote

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very off topic, and besides, truia, after a while you'll realize that mainly it doesn't matter how good an rper you are, most of the stuff that happens is fairly random in a way, if you wanted to be a dm or a moderator, it's very simple to ask bri or conrad or falk or anyone in power if you can, asking never hurts, as the old saying goes and i think it fits this situation.. : "It is easier to obtain permission than it is forgiveness" just relax, blow off the week and take a break, come back and you'll feel better, then you'll realize that why you try so hard is not for the power, but the fun of simple playing.
Joel_sil
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 5 / 8 EXP: 5 / 8 EXP: 5 / 8
 62%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Jon,

you are good for some unexspected surprises !
Now, if you could work on the political correctness of your avatar and your quote, I had no chance but to take you serious in the future.

ts
DM_Logic
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19
 21%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must agree Jon, That was a nice statement.

Why would you want to be a mod or a Dm anyway? Think of all the crap you have to eat. Anything you do or say is always wrong? Your actions are always watched by every player out there and you know they are waiting for you to slip just once so they can nail you to a cross!

Hmmmm boy! Doesn't that sound like fun.

No good deed goes unpunished.
Drudley
PostTue 05/27/03 5:28pm
I would like to be a dm  Reply with quote

AliZee'
PostTue 05/27/03 7:02pm
personally...i would just like to be rich  Reply with quote

Y
PostTue 05/27/03 9:25pm
heartarrow.gif AliZee'  Reply with quote

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to be a dm too (there i said it.) both me and drudley have plenty of experience dming and i believe work very well together, but anyways even if i had to put up with the occasional moron i would like to try it... lol.
DM_Logic
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19
 21%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh great Jon,

I would hate to see what sick and twisted things you would put us players through! Plus I don't think this is the help wanted section of the forums!

Rouge Leader:
"Stay on target, stay on target!"
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_lol.gif Keep trying guys, it ain't gonna work. icon_wink.gif

Oh and Falkhor, can I flirt with you? icon_mrgreen.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kindo
PostWed 05/28/03 4:09pm
Back off, Foxy! The bitch is mine! icon_mad.gif  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
PostWed 05/28/03 4:12pm
rofl LOL you're just jealous Kindo my boy, I chose him over you icon_razz.gif  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostWed 05/28/03 4:14pm
Argh! He's been my Sunday-afternoon bitch for months! You can't have him! cussing.gif  Reply with quote

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: