DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dead - but whats this?

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Grusk
The Ownerizer

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Dead - but whats this? Reply with quote

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/album_view.php?id=741

Alright, I was messing around with Ogremen Berserkers that harassed Bak and myself today (May 26), and as we started to leave we began battling spiders.

Well, about halfway through the second batch to spawn on us, I dropped dead.

No, I didn't actually die, because I still had about 110 HP left. Anyways, 1.5k experience down the drain.

At best advice, I try and relog. I come back, die again (like when you're actually dead), but still have experience! 1.5k down, again.

So, in the end, I lost 3,000 experience without actually dieing. I don't normally complain about losing experience when I die, but .. I didn't die!

Anyone have comments? Oh, and yes, I am trying to get my experience back on this. Three thousand experience is a lot to a level 18 Wizard that doesn't power game anymore.
View users profile Send private message
Aronthal
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 5 / 27 EXP: 5 / 27 EXP: 5 / 27
 18%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that you died due to negative levels/stat loss. I forget how nwn implements the rules but if i recall correctly in p&p if your negative levels exceed your positive levels you die, also if your con drops to 0 you die. Sooo if I remember the rules correctly, and nwn implements those rules as such, and I think that those spiders level drain (don't they?) then that might be the cause of your timely icon_smile.gif demise.
Grusk
The Ownerizer

XP
 15%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd of not taken that many negative levels after so short of time. It was roughly 3 minutes in against one/two/three (wasnt worried about the spiders) that I died. That, and they were not doing any succesful energy drain attacks until the point that I was "dead."

Also, my constitution was normal. 110 health would remain if I was a fighter, but I am a wizard, so my constitution has to be normal, and it cannot drop to 0 in Neverwinter Nights.

Last edited by Grusk on Mon May 26, 2003 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total
not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the screenshot was taken by me. Those were my lowered stats and I was doing just fine. Xavier had much health reamining and at one point, while laying dead on the ground, his character announced, "I'm tired, I need some rest." I have a screen shot of that, too.
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aronthal wrote:
...I think that those spiders level drain (don't they?)...

Never have on my charachter.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spiders do level drain ... Bak, your constitution would be high enough with your level to make your fort save pretty much to the point where you are immune. A mage/sorc would not have that benefit.

One thing ... were you poisoned? This sounds an awful lot like the ol' poisoned dead but not really dead but the game says so bug. icon_smile.gif

If that is the case, it's a Bioware deal that has been lingering since ... what? Day 1?
not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_lol.gif I didn't know they could level drain... but poor Bak can't tell what spells are being cast on him until they hit him!

Yup... Xavier was poisoned.

Edits: for clarity

Last edited by not_so_unique on Mon May 26, 2003 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total
Grusk
The Ownerizer

XP
 15%
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When buffed, my constitution is 24. Bak's is 16.

However, I was poisoned.

Thank you bioware! icon_confused.gif
Drudley
PostTue 05/27/03 6:55am
Heh, level drained, posioned and tired (losing stats cause of it)
I'm not suprised you died.

Jon316
PostTue 05/27/03 2:32pm
me neither.... and don't forget to have a bite of food on the run, all that fighting can make a man hungry after a while!  Reply with quote

not_so_unique
Master

XP
 16%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there in party. It was very strange. Many rounds after he died, the character sprite announced he was tired as a corpse on the ground with about half of his (poisoned) HP. Upon relogging the sprite was still a corpse and still taking damage and level drains and still announcing that he needed rest! That is until he died again while he was already dead. That left two skulls and two piles of gold. Then he was finally able to go to hell. icon_lol.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Bugs - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: