DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Skip to Griffs post...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Drudley
PostTue 05/27/03 8:03pm
*Deleted*

Last edited by Drudley on Tue May 27, 2003 8:48 pm, edited 4 times in total

Shin2k
PostTue 05/27/03 8:05pm
Are you sure Adela is a dm?  Reply with quote

Starbunny
PostTue 05/27/03 8:27pm
*Deleted*

Last edited by Starbunny on Tue May 27, 2003 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total

Drudley
PostTue 05/27/03 8:28pm
*Deleted*

Last edited by Drudley on Tue May 27, 2003 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total

Starbunny
PostTue 05/27/03 8:29pm
*Deleted*

Last edited by Starbunny on Tue May 27, 2003 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total

Drudley
PostTue 05/27/03 8:31pm
*Deleted*  Reply with quote

Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drudley does have a point (and his point was about people acting all friendly towards goblins). Why anyone would ally themselves with a goblin is beyond me. I have heard people say things like "If you get to know them they are actually nice". *laughs* Question: What is your default action on a goblin the first time you see them? Attack attack attack. So either you or the goblin would have died, meaning there's no chance "to get to know them". Some people really need to think a bit more. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. The main problem is that players are considering them as halflings, which is fine. We can either do that, or properly roleplay it by attacking them on sight in a pvp area, just as you would if you saw an npc goblin, and if they are in a no pvp area (which is bad roleplay on their part most of the time, a goblin entering a civilised area would be slaughtered without question by the guard) I would act shocked and demand their filth to leave the area.
Drudley
PostTue 05/27/03 8:48pm
Lets just pretend that this thread started with Griffins post and scratch the first word in it, ok?  Reply with quote

Uin
PostTue 05/27/03 9:01pm
Cleo has much fun with goblins, when she encounters one she taunts and pokes, and if they fight back they get a good slapping.  Reply with quote

DM_Logic
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19
 21%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I thought the goblin thing was kinda of a kewl idea. And there is so many ideas you could go with on an RP level or at least I saw a whole bunch ideas. In order to do this though it requires a strong ablility to role play and not take things on such a personal level when people come after me. As Griff has stated Goblins are not known for the cute and cudley aspects.
When people see a Goblin they are going to want to smash it! That would mean that if I was going to play that role I had darn well expect to be getting my butt kicked. So I would have to ask myself am I prepared to take on this role knowing full well what the reaction is going to be?

I also think it's not logical for them to be coimg into town. I mean c'mon how is that possible! I dare some one to be able to explain how it would be possible for them to have free movement around the city...unless they where on a leash. Kinda like some ones pet.
View users profile Send private message
Raven
PostTue 05/27/03 9:38pm
My god, the massacre of posts!  Reply with quote

dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's ok to ally with goblins (or drow, half-orcs etc... for that matter), it just depends on your char. If you take a look at the FR CS book, every other land and its peoples have different attitudes towards non-human races. There are even human organizations having Orcs in their ranks (usually in the low ranks, for meatbashing purposes icon_wink.gif ...)
BUT:
as much as it can be possible for an individual player to ally themselves with goblins drow or whatnot, another option for another char would be to attack them on sight. So, people playing "evil" races or those allying with them should be expecting both, and not complain about it
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is... I don't like goblins..
None of my characters does.. But since there's this thing called CROE I can't attack them on-sight. So I made it clear to their king that I don't like them... Up to him if he spreads the word or not. Later on I provoked 1 goblin to attack me.. he went afk for a bit (sure, that's okay).. but then another goblin arrived. So they started provoking me until I threw the first punch.. Sure I died first as well, but was back on my feet in no-time (gotta love divine res).. So then I wooped one of them and then *poof* server crash.

And yes, my brain is fried right now. I tried working at a factory today... Definately NOT something you plan to have as a career (so I guess I'll just have to study a bit harder)..
Starbunny
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9
 55%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting so tired of this place... sick of people like Griff Inn that don't seem to be doing anything else than complaining about others RP. You thinking i'm complaining now, yes, i actually do. Why can't people just mind their own buisness and let others solve their problems by their self... I feel pitty for you losers that just has to complain about others just because you want to. I been here some time now, and i have learned how people here is, some nice and some i really hate, and i am talking about the person as a player. Maybe the person you are talking about is new to RP, maybe you should give the person a few tips rather than just overwhelm him/her with complaints and how bad of a RP-r he/she is. I read a few pages here on the forum, and i see people complaining about someones RP, char building, everything actually... You are taking this freaken game too *bip* serious! Mind your own *bip* buisness! Only *bip* thing that made me tired of Dysotopia is those freaken losers that don't got anything else to do than complaining and picking on someone else RP. It's not strange we see people leave this place all the time... Had it not been to all the new players that is coming all the time, the server had been empty by now... At least not far from it...

AH! Felt really good to get that out...
View users profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good that you got to express yourself. This section of the forums is for just that! However, I have been playing Dyso for sometime and have seen very few regulars leave and many new regulars stay. If someone bugs you OOC, just let 'em have it right here in this section of the forums! Then get back to having fun!
Starbunny
PostWed 05/28/03 12:57am
thats actually what this was about, just had to let it out icon_surprised.gif  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to add the thing about the C.R.O.E. Atleast in my opinion, those rules about PvP kinda negates when a player chooses to be "special". ie play a demon, drow, or other monster (like a goblin). It comes with the territory. Otherwise it would be highly illogical. Just because you know that the one controlling that goblin is a real player, doesn't mean you will get all buddy-buddy with a monster you usually kill on sight.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jon316
PostWed 05/28/03 9:52am
finally the wise kindo speaks, anyway just wack em on sight, too bad they are all pimped out at level 20 tho :/  Reply with quote

Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with kindo. You smack goblins when you see them. Shouldnt make much difference whether they are players or not. In fact we had a little row when a goblin came in town and an eleriina patrol went crazy and simply attacked on sight. As dm i felt it was the appropriate response. Too bad lag killed the server or they'd have ended up in jail.
Call it the prize of playing a monster. If i see you in town as dm you'll get into trouble unless you can seriously roleplay your way out of it (threatening the patrols and trying to kill them wasnt the smartest move one could make).
Drudley
PostWed 05/28/03 11:44am
Shin2ks char should have it be killed on sight too, vampire werewolf isnt the most lovable creature  Reply with quote

Joel_sil
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 5 / 8 EXP: 5 / 8 EXP: 5 / 8
 62%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In dysotopia are not only orcs, ogres, dragons and other creatures of bad fame, there are also humans and even elves, who attack the unsuspecting traveller without warning or recognizable reason.
That means, you have to fight them in self-defence to survive(:: ok, sometimes you go after them, but they make clear, they want a fight always icon_wink.gif ).
That is different, if a player decides to play an ill famed creature. I see no reason, why another player should launch an unforced attack, especially, if the attacker follows law and order. After all - such a decision should not be based on how someone looks like, it should be based on his or her behaviour only. -

Well please dont take me too serious, but what about a dysotopian charter of earth’s children rights ?

Here are the articles 1 + 2 of the Charter of Human Rights from the United Nations, as a good starting point: icon_wink.gif
Article 1.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Article 2.
Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

ts
DM_Logic
Adept

XP
 21%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh the key words there:
"All human beings "

What about Elves, Halfl-Orc's, pixies and on and on...

Plus there is no UN here to butt into our affairs icon_twisted.gif
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

XP
 70%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starbunny wrote:
I'm getting so tired of this place...

You've only been here a little more than 2 weeks and you're tired of it already? icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif You know where the door is. If you're tired of dyso, leave. Simple.

Starbunny wrote:
...sick of people like Griff Inn that don't seem to be doing anything else than complaining about others RP.

People are beginning to complain about me, now I feel like a real moderator! Cheers.

Hmm, I should complain back, so here is my retaliation complaint:

:complain:

And that's it. Hope I haven't been too offensive.

Griff
DM_Logic
Adept

XP
 21%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAAaahh. C'mon people lets stick to the issue at hand. We don't need to be taken cracks at each other.
The real deal is: Goblins and how some of the activity they do should have honets valid reactions. So lets not take this to a personal level.
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

XP
 70%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DM_Logic wrote:
We don't need to be taken cracks at each other.

We don't need to, but we can if we wish. This is the complaints section after all.

I have said all I have wanted to say about the goblins in my first post, if I say anymore I'll get accused of satanism or something, so I'll keep my mouth shut. No more posts from me in this thread.

Griff
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

griff has been here since we went SV, if not before then, and i have liked him since the day i met him with falkor, desperately trying to beat a blue slaad commander... when the most dangerous meathead to ever walk the lands decided to help the poor little rogues (rofling my ass off, my mistake, rogues should never be underestimated) beat the big evil slaad monster and get them some money, since he already had some odd 42047234724723 billion or so...

and to this day if griff or the little ones i named my buddies call for help... then all oppenents before them will drop dead... icon_smile.gif
i always liked griff and i know him as a good person who is mostly just discontent when all his problems arised... he may have done some things wrong, but it's not unforgivable, so lay off and leave em alone, griff from what i have always seen is a laid back relaxed guy who doesn't get overblown at every little thing...

jeez some people

relax and start passing, too much hate and violence in the world today as is.
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised anyone got killed by the goblins, my first encounter they killed me level 3 friends so I went berserk on them, killed all 3 with 2 ice storms icon_twisted.gif

Anyway, I have to agree that as a goblin, they should be attacked on site if your character see's it that way, however, i still think that the goblins, as players, should have same rules. It's hard to explain but I agree with both points, just no way around it I guess icon_eek.gif

For the record, I have no idea what I'm on about... Really!

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the biggest problem with role play in this game is the people want too much flexibility. Here are two examples:

1) Darkovn wants to be able to steal souls whenever he feels like it. He just randomly types "*steals soul of that person*" and it is done. So he is the shadow lord, blah blah. Then the other half of it comes in. He is the shadow lord and is hated. A shadow lord would never fear death, so i shouldn't be chasing him into the guard house when trying to kill him to release my friends soul. If you want to be evil, fine. If you break the law (something evil would do), accept the consequences. A loss of xp is understood, stop bitching about it. Conrad said this earlier in one of his posts, something along the lines of : You can role play evil, but evil seldom is left standing after a confrontation. Like he said, if you play evil and get into trouble, don't whine, evil-doers never win. It is the price you pay.

2) The second example is that of the goblins. Like griff said earlier, goblins would be killed on sight. They also have to have a really, really high intelligence to be able to speak a little common. If they want to roleplay goblins, they also have to accept the fact that they are a bit behind everyone and can't really have friends and will be a victim of racism, if you will. It's the price they pay.

I also have a perfect example of someone who plays Evil WELL. West whitewind, account name Pallidium, has a character who is evil, William Spears, who has murdered people several times. Now, he is accepting the fact that he is a known murderer and although he is my ooc friend, i will kill him if i see him out in the open. Well, that is, if Caranthir could have a story that doesn't change every 2 minutes, i have no proof of his murders. You get my point, though, William understands that he will be killed several times (Although, following the CROE, if he is killed once, the vendetta is settled, he has to murder another person to become Kill on Sight again).
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree to an extent with everything you say mr.foo, but i must correct you (friendly correction, dont take it the wrong way icon_smile.gif ) that evil always looses, take a look at the LoS, they are evil (generally speaking) but in truth, they are still standing to this day, a testament to the fact that evil if organized enough can succedd...

icon_smile.gif

icon_mrgreen.gif
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil-doers never win? Who says *that*? Look at the state of the world today! You think that the only people who win wars and are in power for years and years are good-hearted people? And that's just an inkling of what I mean.....

What you are saying is that you believe good *should* always win. And that's true, I believe that, too. But it won't always happen. I mean, I know you know this, but what you said makes me want to host a mod where the main Guild that has all the perks is made up of all Assassin's or Vampires, etc. Then we'll see who's usually always standing. icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: