DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

General Goodbye topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: General Goodbye topic Reply with quote

For all those that want to announce their leaving of Dyso, you may post it in here.

I'll get this topic kickstarted. I'm leaving Dyso for an indefinite amount of time. I wish you all the best of luck. As with most people leaving, I might pop back once or twice, but don't count on it.

Regarding my being a moderator at these forums, should Solo and/or Fooz and/or whoever controls all this decide that because I'm leaving I'm no longer fit to be a moderator here, so be it. If not, I'll stay here moderating the CRF and OT forums.
View users profile Send private message
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped playing sometime in early April, if I remember correctly. A month later or so, I resigned as moderator and DM, no use holding the players' lives in my hands if I don't play myself. icon_smile.gif After a while, starting up NWN made me want to vomit for some reason, so now the game is uninstalled.

Still visisting the forums regularly, I love this community! emot-heartbeat.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, stopped playing as well, it's boring, but this community rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(except for the in-game layers that is icon_sad.gif)

Srry to hear that you're leaving as well Nefi icon_sad.gif

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same goes for me now, however I didn't uninstall it by choice. I had some serious computer problems. Both my video card AND my power supply fried, so after my roomate put the new ones in (fortunately he had spares icon_smile.gif) I had to wipe my harddrive and start over because of compatibility issues. Now, I don't have a CDROM that can install it (but its being mailed as of now) and my CD-R just doesn't install for beans, so I CAN'T play it for now.

Regardless, I probably won't play it again until the expansion comes out, which is very soon, so you can probably expect to see me then! icon_smile.gif

EDIT: Oh and if you don't want to mod these forums anymore Nefi, I can do it for you since I'm always here on the boards! icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nefiorim
Elder

XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoxBoyTails wrote:
EDIT: Oh and if you don't want to mod these forums anymore Nefi, I can do it for you since I'm always here on the boards! icon_wink.gif

That won't be up to me, that is up to Fooz and the rest. Thing is if I'm not allowed to because I'm leaving, why would you be?

((Fox, I'm no in-game mod icon_wink.gif))

Last edited by Nefiorim on Wed May 28, 2003 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total
Marquis Drayfox
PostWed 05/28/03 6:29pm
Oh, I thought you meant from the boards, not from the game itself icon_rolleyes.gif  Reply with quote

Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

should Solo and/or Fooz and/or whoever controls all this decide that because I'm leaving I'm no longer fit to be a moderator here

this might have been an issue if you were moderating a forum like in character or such.
but you don't really need to know what goes on ingame to see if someone is simply being to abusive in flames. actually i kinda like it since it since that way it's easier to have an objective view.
and to have someone stop moderating a forum that is about everything but the game because he stopt playing the game seems dumb to me.

keep on rolling! roll.gif icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo_Core wrote:
this might have been an issue if you were moderating a forum like in character or such.
but you don't really need to know what goes on ingame to see if someone is simply being to abusive in flames. actually i kinda like it since it since that way it's easier to have an objective view.
and to have someone stop moderating a forum that is about everything but the game because he stopt playing the game seems dumb to me.

keep on rolling! roll.gif icon_wink.gif

damn... I was going to call moderating privalages on his forums...
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
Z
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive left too as you all probably know and dont care, but Im still hanging around because of friends and the hope that Dyso can fulfill its potential..someday..

The expansion pack might trigger me to come back to NWN but probably not to Dyso until Rebirth or similar remake.

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Ecusidor
PostThu 05/29/03 10:34am
I left the game some time (4 months or so) ago, I'm still around on the forums though...  Reply with quote

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would gladly moderate the forums for nefi if he is leaving... thats odd, how in the freak does he get ready to leave just as soon as i get ready to come back big time? icon_mad.gif

wow, it's like some sort of omen or something... lol... oh well upto the admins one way or the other... fox i think would do good too if they chose him, seems like a fairly nice guy, except the fact he loves to bash me and flame me and generally tick me off whenever, and whatever way possible... lol...
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you had read the posts, you would've noticed that Nefi won't be removed of his moderating in the forums. There's no reason to why he should.

So, uhm, well I think this is a good topic...it would be nice if it could STAY on topic.
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, I'd just like to say that I'm still waiting for a post from General Goodbye.

Fer cryin' out loud, it's his/her topic, after all.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
pillb0x
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56
 44%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_arrow.gif Is currently desinging his own church on another mod. May return, may not.

Kindo wrote:
Are you some kind of newspaper-editor-publisher thingie?

Conrad Hollows wrote:
15min of effort (on anything other than trying to max their character) is more than most are willing to give back ...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Glorin
PostWed 06/11/03 7:55pm
i left too sorta, because im too lazy to insert the NWN disk....

i love u Nefi

Ecusidor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 35 / 52 EXP: 35 / 52 EXP: 35 / 52
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I wish there was an easier way to get the disk from it's protective sheet, and to press that cd-rom drive button, damn its sooo heavy. And then to wait hours and hours until it slides open, and then accurately placing the disk, man that can be very hazardous. AND THAN I HAVE TO PRESS THAT BUTTON AGAIN! Gah! And when It finally slides back in... Ok... now Im just spamming... Guess you can guess my point here!

Ogt wrote:
Master ecuisidor you are the one and ony bard in the whole island, as i have said before to you, you are the man!!!!!

ShadowCore wrote:
I'll vote Ecusidor. Go you!!!!!!!!!!! You're also one of the best bards on the isle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(the only competitor for THAT title seems to be Kathryn icon_biggrin.gif)
View users profile Send private message Send email
gaea106
Hero

XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh... just get the no-cd crack...

I had to do that when my husband thought he would prevent me from playing by hiding my play disks...

By the way, I left him this past weekend... yes I did.

http://www.gameburnworld.com/dl/gamefixes/dl_neverwinternightsv1.28nocdfixedexeeng.htm
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raven
Hero

XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna leave Dyso for X ammount of time to work on my on PW. I've learned alot more about how things should work on this server than any other, which will be implemented in the PW, and I'd like to thank all the people that played with me.

Meanwhile, I leave you with these random letters and numbers for no particular reason:

5w4shrgiusbo8w346ygt5tuq7h
rfhbvasdoghsdfg34tw
e5rsvgtr65g4656u4769565
46tw5dgfh46xbmxvnmzq65434564265th465s46bs56s456
View users profile Send private message Send email
Nefiorim
PostWed 06/18/03 8:10am
Heh I've left my cryptography days behind me thank you very much icon_wink.gif  Reply with quote

Shadowleaf
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65
 1%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven u dont have to leave to work on ur PW, this whole time i have been working on one myself. (before all u posers hahahaha jk) anyway, im able to play and work on it aswell.
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I'll be leaving too if Goblins continue this crude OOC grudge and random PK's.

Read Goblin post in CR&F forums everyone.

PS. Sorry to all those in the Druid Circle that rely on me for whatever reason, I just refuse to play on a server based on rules that a certain group can't obide to, I seem to get killed way too often by those Goblins for apparently no reason icon_evil.gif

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Truia
Grandmaster

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45
 71%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I wanted to make a topic but didnt want to piss any forum mods off.

I am gone, in the morning about 8 hours from posting this I start the 7 hour drive to Kindersly saskatchewan.

damn this is hard to type out, just cant find words... my email is always open if anyone wants to chat through it now and then, might have MSN or what ever...... nothing really to say.

see you the other side
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Y

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang It I didn't reallised haw much i missed you, icon_idea.gif hold on i am coming.

I am only 7 months swim/walk to the other side of sea: "Kindersly saskatchewan".

I'll be right on time. icon_exclaim.gif

PS:Your cooking skill better not be overrated, espect myself to be starving after this "small" trip.
Norrec
PostThu 06/26/03 1:30pm
Heh, good luck Y... can I have your DM Access in the event you dont make it? icon_lol.gif  Reply with quote

Grusk
The Ownerizer

XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, i'm getting off Dysotopia.

In-game, at least. I'll be on the forums from time to time. You guys rock.

If you must contact me, then look me up over on Arkania. Not telling you my character's name, though. You'll have to be smart to find me.

Second off: I will be visiting sometimes.
For instance: When the guild I am trying to join is doing some guild stuff and I can't really be in party or nuthin, that's pretty boring, and sucks when you know where they are but arent allowed there. Think Gloth empty when that happens late at night.
-Or the server is down for an extended amount of time.

Third off: Want to say to everyone that I know that I hope they have some kind of a future, any kind, here on Dysotopia. I know the place is pretty dead, and just as a little note from being through these things before, it doesn't get better with just one person working at it. Rally an army dangit!!

For those who didn't know my forum account, i'm Xavier Dotson in-game. Might know me Lyke Goodbarrel or Talon Carrde. Probably not.

Goodbye,
Joe

PS. Don't try talk me into staying.

EDIT: to include PS.
Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take care Joe!
I've had some fun Roleplaying with you and I thought you brought a pretty good mix into the whole Evil persona. Especially your take or humor into playing Xavier. If you ever want to come back and mix it up with me in game I'm up for anything, but prepared to get your arse handed to you on a nice polished blade errr I mean silver platter.
Maelstrom696969
PostSat 06/28/03 3:17pm
You were that guy running around with a Wolf and an Imp by the Lizardmen, weren't you?  Reply with quote

Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to make it official i resigned as Moderator and DM on Dyso. Just got bored and rather fed up with most people here. I'll check the forums from time to time and maybe visit some friends but other than that I'm pretty fed up with the pathetic behaviour of at least half of you screwups.
Have fun chasing skeletons.
Ogt
PostSat 07/05/03 4:02pm
yeah hope its true this time, not that anyone but your pet dogs will miss you anyway  Reply with quote

Shadowleaf
PostMon 07/07/03 5:13am
jeez ogt u must have payed gorb not to ban you  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: