DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Something I noticed...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:53 am    Post subject: Something I noticed... Reply with quote

Well yeah... this is probably a small bit of spam, but I couldn't help but noticing how Skip Williams (one of our regulars on dyso) is also the creator of the Tomb and Blood Expansion book for 3rd Ed DnD.... hmm... and I thought *I* wasn't creative... icon_eek.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Drudo Wisto
PostThu 05/29/03 9:06am
Yeah, Skip Williams has been around Dnd for ages. He's been involved in Forgotten Realms books since AD&D 2nd edition at least...  Reply with quote

Drudley
PostThu 05/29/03 9:16am
So thats where he got his name from? Hahahaha
I bet hes taken all this char names from somewhere

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty sad no one actually asks me for origionality, they don't even know where I got the name, let me explain'

My nickname is Skip, my friends have always called me that, my last name is Williams, my first, obviously is Jonathan, I have had a long line of characters with the williams name, valas the drow for e.x. , but most have only been on dyso, only one williams ever played outside of dyso, its a name, plain and simple, while sure, the writer for a book might have the name as skip williams, i have mine from other measures, it's no different than someone with the name jonathan, how many could there be in the world? only a couple thousand at least, while I realized that it was also the name of "The Sage" who made it (the actual writer skip williams) I figured it was good to have a name people could relate to if they wanted both ic and ooc matters solved or fixed, or helped... skips alignment is LN, he is a judge, he is also a sage who is over 300 hundred years old...

dont tell someone they are unorigional if you dont know the story!

it was origional plus a little uncreative, a balance between the two, i could have simply chosen the name "spike williams" would that have made you happy? it's no different than anyone playing artemis entreri, drizzt do urden, catti brie, or wulfgar for example...

but mine is little known, and most people didn't know it until after a while when i had been around, so can you really say its unorigional if i am using it and sticking with it through 5 or 6 months?

icon_sad.gif

i love you too fox... icon_sad.gif
Kindo
PostThu 05/29/03 1:45pm
I knew it all, already! I emot-heartbeat.gif you, Jon!  Reply with quote

RedStorm
PostThu 05/29/03 1:52pm
heartarrow.gif  Reply with quote

Nemor
PostThu 05/29/03 2:06pm
brownnoser.gif  Reply with quote

Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he has a colorful name thats for sure,
original I wouldnt know... but colorful thats for sure... icon_wink.gif
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it ends in a peaceful light blue, which is an easy and relaxing color on the eyes, whenever i cast spells or join a party or post a message on the ingame board, whats not to love?!?!??!!

its not offensive, its not!!
imagine if it was black!!! then it'd be obnoxious and evil!!! but its not! its nice light blue which is easy on the eyes!!!!! icon_razz.gif icon_mrgreen.gif
Maelstrom696969
PostThu 05/29/03 7:49pm
INDEED!!!  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh.... k.... rotz.gif

Hehe, first of all, I didn't even KNOW that Skip Williams was you... (is it?!) and second, that was just an 'assumption.' icon_mrgreen.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course its me, after i knew who skip williams was a while back, i always got questions and so many people who wanted answers, and i thought to myself... now i know how the poor IRL skip williams feels when he gets bombed with 10,000 letters a day since he's "The Sage" of D&D... so well i created my account accordingly... "The Sage 316" ... the SAGE OF 316!!!!!! LOL

i love it so much, and i need to play!!! arrrrrrg i am glad i just bought all those books too, they are godly awsome, especially tome and blood.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: