DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ok this is just stupid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Aedin
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 3 / 9 EXP: 3 / 9 EXP: 3 / 9
 33%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: ok this is just stupid Reply with quote

these events all happened in charachter, and no offense is meant to the parties involved.. i just have to let this out... kinda ticked me off.

so the other day i was wandering around El with my ranger/druid Deadin. i happended to notice the mayoral estates door where unlocked, so i wandered in to look around. then berto asked me to leave. i asked why, and he jsut repeated to leave. i said no, as i had no idea who he was and didnt look important to me, etc. and said i didnt see any indication that he had the power to tell me to leave, and until he answered my question to as why teh gates where unlocked and why i should leave i wasn't going anywhere. my char knows the unities are the guards.. not him. he proclaimed to be the deputy mayor and such, but bieng the rather thick ranger that i am i told him i didnt care.. etc. it ended up with me in the mayors pool taking a bath and then getting jailed... which was rather funny in my opinion... now: i have no complaints about the jailing and whatnot.. that was all IC. but it was after when i was in jail and got a stern talking to by Dunge Onmaster OOC that i got ticked off. i was RP'ing and got in trouble OOC for it because i wasn't listening to the admins of the mod?!?!? how was my IC ROPEPLAYING CHARACTER supposed to know?!?!?! berto didn't have a badge on or anything to show that he was a guard or official!!

my point is: the one time i actually try to RP with someone other than my regular group of freinds.. i get jailed and chastised for not listening to an admin! I was roleplaying and got in OOC trouble for it! it makes me not want to RP if i'm going to be jailed and chastised for it!!! i was rping my character.. a 8 int ranger that spends 90% of his time in the bush!! he doesn't know who's in control of El, and doesn't care!! he wanted a bath!!! the IC jailing was hilarious.. but the talking to by Dunge made me feel like a 2 year old! "players will be rewarded for good ropeplaying" .. i rp'd my char perfectly and was punished OOC for it!

if someone is an admin/IC gaurd.. give them some insignia! and keep the punishments IC unless the char is obviously OOC: or posses a unity and mete out some punishment.. but IC PLEASE! this fiasco made me feel like a 2 year old bieng told to listen to the teacher and made me NOT want to rp any more because i'll get in trouble!

and please remember: there is no hard feelings towards the people that participated in this -- i just had to get it out.
View users profile Send private message
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i was reading your post, i feel for your pain, shit happens, if you got screenshots put them in the gallery.

Ok so I got my mind to working furiously on something to fix this and I thought up something very very simple to fix this:

A simple item with a special power that when used by the IC city guard (or OOC, whatever) it sends a system message saying something IC to the person the guard used it on... like: "The guard shows you his badge and it proves that he is a guard, you get the feeling you should obey this persons commands" ect ect, or for the OOC admin: "The person (char name) (account name) is a system admin, screw off asshole!!!" or something to the like!!

lol anyways, that would clear a situation like this up wouldn't it?

Peace out yo, just my ideas!!

love ya, don't get sad, get glad.
AliZee'
PostThu 05/29/03 7:35pm
man i always sneak in to tha manor when they unlock tha doors hehe....nuthin in there cept furniture  Reply with quote

DM_Logic
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19
 21%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got in there once. It was fun! I was being chased around and around for being in there. I even made inside the mayors house!! Then I was busted they told me to leave or else. I tried to come up with an excuse:

" I am the gounds keeper. I supposed to finsh triming the bushes ans picking up the leaves."

They wouldn't buy it. Then these nasty Drow should up and killed the lot of us. Even the people who asked me to leave bit the dust.
Raven
PostThu 05/29/03 8:09pm
I was in there. Man do they know how to live like kings.

Or better than kings... gods.

Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was involved in this event to a point. I wanted to check out the Kravenwood lowlands and related areas when I saw my good buddy Vrok Gulash and a halfling setting traps on a bridge. they told me to leave (with no reason behind it) and made several threats... with apparently no reasons why. if they just said ((hey, we're doing a DM event here)) then I'd have cleared out and left them to their pissy selves. but instead a DM froze me whilst I got whacked with a fireball in the midst of battle and I had no clue what was going on. I couldn't move and I was STILL ACCUSED OF HELPING THEM IC!!! If a DM wants you out of an event, don't confront people IC, especially the dumb people IC... send them a tell about why you want them gone. otherwise it ends up not meaning anything to anyone but the person who's threatening violence, and it just causes problems for everyone. I don't care if it "ruins the RP mood" if you say something Out f character. I just want to know WHY you want me gone. I'm not being uncooperative, I just don't see a difference between that kind of "get out of here" and a robber on the highway saying "your gp or your hp".

and I still don't understand what the fuxyng deal is ebout breaking into the Mayor's house... there's nothing there anyhow.

[/rant]
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't get a stern talking to ... don't blow it up more than what it was. If that was "stern" to you, then you may as well get out now while the getting is good because when "stern" does happen you are likely to soil yourself.

You were told that when the Deputy Mayor asks you to leave an area, please do so and not make a big production out of it. You went out of your way to make Berto beg and plead and beg again to leave the Manor grounds and still didn't do it. Berto asked me if he should jail you for it and I said, since it seemed you were not inclined to listen otherwise, he had little other alternative.

The other alternative was that a few dozen hostile guards would be spawned to forcibly remove you from the grounds (or using a Unity to do it) which you said "Great I love that idea" but sorry if I am rather skeptical about that. I have say I believe that if that had been done, the post in here today would have been something like "I was just RPing in the Manor area and they killed me! I lost all my xp for the last few days!" Guess what, I reserve the right to see into the future ... comes with the territory ...

I mean, seriously ... you know you were giving him a hard time, you know he couldn't do much to you other than jail you (and that he didn't really WANT to do that), and he really just wanted you to finish having your fun and walk off. He asked and asked and asked and you happily rubbed it in his face that you weren't going anywhere. I get a kick out of people who do their best to piss off in game authority figures and then cry when the consequences come down.
Little Teapot
Deity

XP
 19%
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows wrote:
I get a kick out of people who do their best to piss off in game authority figures and then cry when the consequences come down.

there weren't any authority figures where I was... I figured Griffo was just being moody and didn't feel like taxing a lowbie...

then came the eleriina guard and a pack of people and I was like "oh, shit... it's a DM event... next time give me a heads up" but I was(for some odd reason) parazlyzed until the battle was over by a DM... I'm just glad they didn't kill me thinking i was part of griffo's band...
Matthijs says:
Matthijs says:
Aedin
Mortal

XP
 33%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

conrad:
i dont care that i was jailed!!! you guys where well within your right to do it! i was jailed in character...i know i did wrong, my character didn't. it was the fact that i was told to listen to the authority figures out of charachter!!! this is all about the OUT OF CHARACTER part of it!!! i wasn't making a big production out of it.. i was ROLEPLAYING!!! remember where u pretend to be someone you arent??? i was pretending to be a ranger that's spent to much time in the bush and wasn't about to listen to a dressed up elf that said he was so-and-so! he wanted proof! no proof was given so he blew off who appeared to be a stuffed shirt on a power trip! if berto would have given me one i repeat one good reason why i should leave i would have.. all he said was please get off the grounds.. and repeated himself like an automaton! thats just poor roleplay! if he had made up an excuse like: the mayor will be home soon and we want to cut the grass or something i would have left no problem! my character is thick and kinda stupid but hes not a total moron! berto gave me a fancy title of his that made no sense to my charachter... Deadin spends more time in kravenwood... he doesn't know about Eliriina politics! hence my suggestion for the guards emblem or something!! otherwise i could go around telling some n00b that i'm the admin and 'gimme all your gold.. cuz i wanna test something out....' if there's a political force in el, let it be visible! and if someone gets jailed in character for something he did in character.. let the warning be in character!!! last night i was running around as a umber hulk in el with my wizard teadin totally ooc.. if i'd been jailed for being an idiot and breaking the eula or rules then ok. the ooc warning would have been warranted... but i was roleplaying with deadin and was basically told to listen to the admin without question... whether it be IC or OOC, even if i was IC.

This is a cool server, but it seems that the roleplay aspect of it has become squewd when an IC player gets in OOC trouble for simply rp'ing his character properly!
Little Teapot
Deity

XP
 19%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I have something to point out:

the amount you whine on the forums and in game has an inverse relationship to your status in the Admin's and Moderator's eyes. this means the more you complain about unwarranted "mod abuse" the worse your status gets.
Matthijs says:
Matthijs says:
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I learned firsthand *grins*

Get over it, everyone else does. weirdlook.gif

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admins/Moderators/Dm's whatsoever should also remember to Rp icon_mrgreen.gif
Some of them seem to forgot they are a normal player in character and shouldnt use their 1337 skills to work their way up to a higher level or whatever :S
I know this is bs but this guy certainly hs a point icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad, I see where you're coming from, but Aedin is bringing up a good point. There was no proof given that he should have left the grounds. Whether you gave him a tongue lashing that would make Satan jealous or just a slap on the wrist, I hope that Berto got a similar talking-to about how to handle situations like this in the future better than just going crying to Mommy DM. Or at least say something OOC that he really does need the person to leave.

C'mon, man. You for one like the OSB so much because it's core people are kind hearted, and that's what that guild is all about. It's good to be this way IRL, too. I'm not saying that your a big blue meanie, but it sounds like Aedin definitely could have been cut some slack here.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Aedin
Mortal

XP
 33%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Teapot wrote:
ok, I have something to point out:

the amount you whine on the forums and in game has an inverse relationship to your status in the Admin's and Moderator's eyes. this means the more you complain about unwarranted "mod abuse" the worse your status gets.

i wasn't saying there was mod abuse.. i was jailed for being on the mayors property.. i know that i'm cool with that and thought it was great... i'm NOT saying the mods/admin abused me..i'm saying they handled the situation poorly by going ooc to give my ic character a warning...
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I dont see how jailing you for tresspassing on the mayor's property, refusing to leave nd bathing in his pool is not a decent IC sentence...
I also see from the above posts that one person says there should have been an IC warning and another that there should have been an OOC warning so i dont really get what the problem is.

You bathed in the mayor's home, got busted, was asked to elave more than once and ended up in jail for not believing Berto's authority. How's that not IC?
And you got a visit from conrad afterwards telling you to best listen next time you are told by an authority figure to leave the premises.
I dont see the problem unless Conrad took you on his knee and spanked you...
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, let's let this drop. Aedin, as people have said here, the bigger a thing you make of it, the less you shall appear. You're cool with the whole jailing thing (Falk, he said he was cool with that at least 3 times now), and you've made your point about the OOC "talking-to".

It ain't easy - trust me, I know - but just take a deep breath, click back to the main Forum listing now, and let it go...
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok ok ok- I've been asked to leave that area MORE than once- and I listen for the majority of the time... tell me- what is so special about the estate? Is that the center of the White Guard covert operations? They don't want anyone in there- which strikes me as rather suspicious icon_eek.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Aedin
Mortal

XP
 33%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ok ok fine i'll stop posting.... it was a good rant though...... which is why this forum is here...

and now jsut for the fun of it: random smilies!!!! weirdlook.gif cussing.gif icon_mrgreen.gif icon_neutral.gif icon_arrow.gif icon_idea.gif icon_question.gif icon_exclaim.gif icon_wink.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_evil.gif icon_cry.gif icon_redface.gif icon_razz.gif icon_mad.gif icon_lol.gif icon_cool.gif icon_confused.gif icon_eek.gif icon_surprised.gif icon_sad.gif icon_smile.gif icon_biggrin.gif tomato.gif 10.gif Image34.gif brownnoser.gif badgeranim.gif badger.gif icon_ignore.gif
mooo.... i like cats: they tase like chicken!!!
msn-omgs.gif angel3.gif
Nemor
Hero

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me spank you please?

Conrad, back off!! SHES MY BITCH!!

*lays Aedin over his knee and begins pleasuring... errr... spanking her*

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Nemor - Druid
Aedin
Mortal

XP
 33%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude.. i'm a guy.....

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=45087&highlight=#45087 <---thread

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/album_view.php?id=574&sid=41af0df7714e338377065347254073eb <---pics
Nemor
PostFri 05/30/03 9:46pm
Bah... Conrad, he's all yours icon_redface.gif  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend not to spank dudes ... not my sorta thing. Sorry. icon_smile.gif

In conclusion ... and I think this will answer some stuff on BOTH sides of it.

If there was a "screwup" in this process it was this --

This was a situation where there needed to be a purely IC jailing method in game for the City Watch and all Berto had available was the OOC moderator jail option. Berto was reluctant to use what is generally considered to be an OOC tool to address an IC problem, so this is why he asked and asked to get the guy to leave so he would not have to. The character wasn't compelled to leave ... so push came to shove. Berto had the untenable situation of looking powerless even though he's Deputy Mayor and in charge of the City Watch or to do something about it that he felt was a somewhat inappropriate use of the tool. He opted for the second with my blessing after much time and requests to leave had been issued. All this would have been avoided if there was a jail system for the IC stuff as well as the OOC stuff. Well, the system is there, but it's not turned on for most people involved in these city patrols.

The "talking to" after the fact was in anticipation of the usual ranting that comes with any time someone gets jailed ... in other words it was answering that before it was posted, i.e. if you don't want to get jailed, listen to the moderators ... but, heh, it was posted anyhow ... this time BECAUSE they got a talking to. I suppose we could have not given an explanation and such and just left it at that ... but then I just have the feeling the post in here would have been about how they were jailed for no reason and never got a decent explanation at all. Sorry to say that the trust level is that low ... you can thank so many other crybabies in the past for making even something simple as this into a massive production.
Nemor
Hero

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine, I'll find some schmuck I can sell him too... Doubt I'll make much though icon_mrgreen.gif

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Nemor - Druid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: