DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Must be me
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Must be me Reply with quote

I just feel I got a very 'unwanted' attitude towards me on dysotopia therefor I will be leaving to servers where I am wanted. I know I've been back for a real short time, but also that is a fact that I'm not wanted here. If I come back to this game and after one week of playing allready get dirt thrown at me in this amount then I'm pretty sure its better to leave.
I enjoyed Dyso this week, I made some weird character and got him to level 13 almost 14... but then all these people come up complaining to me that Im taking a conversation OOC.... and that Im a powergamer and not a rper.... Blalala, Im just sick of bs being thrown at me, I know Im a dickhead sometimes [perhaps even most of the time] but at least I dont start calling people names OOC. I hope at least some people understand my decision, if needed I can be contacted on MSN by anyone who wants an explanation. Goodbye all, just like I said hi a few days ago. icon_rolleyes.gif
*waves and disappears into the darkness*
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have no idea how many dickheads I have to deal with but I don't cry about it and run away icon_neutral.gif

Anyway, your choice, you can do what you want I guess.. But the best way to deal with it is to ignore them as I do.

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shin2k
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant ignore people with power, they tend to get pissed at such times and either:
a. Kill you over and over, and probably find an IC reason to cover it up since your a vampire anyway...
b. Talk shit about you to others so they will kill you, and cover it with the IC line: "he's a vampire he deserved it'
c. Talk crap on the forums.
Nilas
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9
 66%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, the wonders of the conspiracy theory. icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I'm not too sure about most, but I would think that the moderators and DM were mature enough to be able to seperate IC and OOC things. Being a vamp does not mean that everyone in the world is going to kill you over and over again. Though if you RP such a creature, you must be prepared to face hardships as the character grows. Talking with brave words, and then running away when you have backed yourself into a corner, finding that you bit off more than you can chew is a fact of life. Tis how people (and characters) grow.

Just remember, not everyone is out to kick someone's tail at the first chance given. Some of us prefer to talk things out, when faced with a greater, or even lesser opponent. Do not automatically assume that just because someone approaches you and is higher level, having an attitude, that they are out to kill you. You might be pleasantly suprised.....

Assumption is the mother of all F$%^ ups.....

(sorry, shameless movie quote)
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nemor
Hero

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo Palladium, read what Nilas just said icon_wink.gif

Nilas you hit the nail on the head with that one, I was just saying that to someone the other day hehe

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Nemor - Druid
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here is some advise on exit:
-Not everyone is out to take you down a few notches.
-Do not assume to know other people's motivations. Unless you're a telepath it is a sign of arrogance rather than wisdom when you claim to know the other person's motivations.
-Do not assume that just because you play a part it means others will interpret it the same. I got several answers from you ranging from "i'm a vampire", to " i'm not a normal vampire" when i mentioned burning you to death if you'd stayed outside during the day. You say you roleplay but you rarely pull through and usually back off IC when things don't go your way. I seen it happen before, i seen enough of this discussion as DM ingame to say, I'm sorry but you're doing it again.
-Last advise: Stop feeling so damn sorry for yourself for god's sakes. With that attitude you won't make it very far in life. Honestly you act like a scolded puppy at times, yammering on end and then surprise they "don't like you". The fact that you make it public to get some backup instead of, as i asked to take it to personal messages between moderators and players, makes it all the more pityfull, sorry to say. Seems you backed yourself into a corner and the only way you see out is to run off, again. Your choice, but don't pretend like you were driven out just to get some sympathy on the way out. If you want my sympathy stay, stop taking everything as a personal assault on your person and stop whining when things turn against you. It's generally good advice, also when applied to real life...
View users profile Send private message
Nemor
Hero

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually agree with Falkhor, as much as I despise his rogue! icon_razz.gif

But yeh, you're a Vampire, expect not to be liked but I'm sure its all in character so you really shouldn't be complaining.

If you want to be liked in Neverwinter Nights at all, you have to be this lovely golded locks Paladin that helps everyone at every turn, you think my characters are liked? Most are evil and guess what? I get killed at just about every turn, though I don't come here whining about it.

Though I do whine about stupid spell bug I get... Anyways, shrug it off, get used to it and get on with the game. If not then I can't say I'm sorry to see you go, not exactly the attitude to have whilst roleplaying a Vampire anyways..

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Nemor - Druid
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh heh, paladins got the best thing going, hell, a lawful good fighter could be like a paladin except he is hired by the mayor/king to hunt down bandits, where as a paladin of the same alignment as the fighter wont do that becuz he is averse to killing people.... :/

icon_mrgreen.gif icon_twisted.gif
Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell half of dyso hates me. Both IC and OOC because of William Spears- but I'm having fun, and thats all that matters. icon_eek.gif

Its funny how people are nice ooc when my paladin is on though. icon_cry.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Shin2k
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falkor I only got two words for you: FUCK YOU,
Here's the extended meaning:
I gave you enough reasons that my character wouldnt burn in the sun,
You jumped only into half of the conversation,
You think you know everything so damn good yet you know nothing.
I'm leaving this place because im just so damned sick of people who know everything better IC and OOC and your one of those OOC I always get the last word on everything. And for this darkness person who claims she's been playing since the first dyso: She says she's the middle of the rp community of Dyso yet most of the people on dyso I spoke to complain she's a powerkilling bitch
But then again I was leaving, I was hoping to leave in peace and to be left alone but if you want to be a fuck up then go ahead two people can play that game.
Sorry for others but I'm pretty sure most would be just as angry as I am in this situation. cussing.gif cussing.gif cussing.gif cussing.gif
Shin2k
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and bout why I wouldnt burn in the sun?
A. I was wearing a cape which you would know if you would read the IC forums and took time to understand the character I play.
B. I'm not fully a vampire and therefor perhaps unaffected by sunlight.
C. It was a cloudy day: It was raining and not sunny....
D. I hate you so much it makes me sick
E. I hope you have a great time without me
F. Cause this will most probably be my last post to reach level 20 and leave this forum
G. It was great knowing most of you, yet despicable to knowing some of you. icon_evil.gif
H. Someone's gonna post Falkors right probably and lick some butt to become a moderator, or Conrad will post that falkor is right... no worries I wont come back, and I know you all don't care.
I. That makes us all happy except for the people who wanted me here... which arent many luckily.
J. Theres probably a mistake in this entire thing which will make you all laugh at me.
K. Goodbye all... its been a great time, feel free to contact me on msn if you want to talk to me. [This only goes for people that want to talk, not to call me names]
icon_biggrin.gif icon_smile.gif icon_sad.gif icon_surprised.gif icon_eek.gif icon_confused.gif icon_cool.gif icon_lol.gif icon_mad.gif icon_razz.gif icon_redface.gif icon_cry.gif icon_evil.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_wink.gif icon_exclaim.gif icon_question.gif icon_idea.gif icon_neutral.gif icon_mrgreen.gif cussing.gif weirdlook.gif
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i wonder is wether you actually discussed this with anybody, or just said: here's my story mister dm your gonna have to except it. i don't think you've ever considered taking any notice of the things falk said, while falks is one of the people who were choosen to bring shape to this world and make it run smoothly.
but you had to have it your way didn't you, and anyone who wouldn't let you do things exactly the way you wanted them must be an asshole who is nothing but against you. now i'm sorry but that reminds me of a little child who didn't get his way.
and if you would have been willing to put a bit of water with the wine then i'm sure falkhor would have been willing too.
not every criticism is meant to crack you down, there is this thing called "constructive criticism".
nobody said they wanted you to leave, falk just called you up on the way you play a vampire, and falk is most certainly in his right to do that. if you can't take that, then feel free to leave. but don't pretend like it's falkhor's fault just for telling you how the rules are.
and if it's "my way or the highway" for you then i'm afraid it's the highway.
now i don't have anything against you at all, and i don't want to see you leave either and i'm 99% sure falk doesn't want you to either.
now you can see this as just another person trying to crack you down and start calling me names or something like that, well feel free to do so, i'll won't loose any sleep over it.
or you can look back and see if maybe you could have been a bit more willing to listen to other people.

now i'm saying that falk is perfect for i know he isn't, he's human. and hell maybe i'm totally wrong and this is all falk's fault, but i've seen you ingame and i've read what you said on the forums and i think it's save to say that this wasn't all that the fault of "that bloody evil dm falkhor" since you were right about one thing, when it comes down to it he DOES have the last word on anything that does ingame.
sorry if this came of too harsh, i don't have my way with words like conrad does.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I am going to post that I wasn't really paying attention to this thread until just now and I see now that I should have stuck with my original course of action.
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if i didnt care i would have shut up by now but seriously shin, you're gonna run into a lot of walls in real life with this attitude you're displaying here. If you could just step back for a minute and look at your behaviour.
Honestly dude, and I'm not saying this to kick you while you're down but you might want to talk to a professional sometimes. It sounds like you're taking everything, EVERYTHING around you as a potential assault on your person. The slighest thing goes wrong and you point your little finger at the nearest source and declare them your personal nemesis.
You do it all the time, i'm damn sure you apply the same reasoning to the rest of your life. It all seems to revolve around how unfairly life treats you.
Honestly man, if we were to compare lifes i'm sure i have more reason to whine and nag and complain than you do, as i'm sure others here have more reason to whine than I.
I can understand the attitude to a certain degree. It's not easy staying up straight when life tries to pull the rug from under you but it doesnt make it right to load your negativity on others instead of facing up to things.
Well, I'm sure this will all be categorized as another insult or something, take it as you like but I'm serious, you need therapy or you're gonna run into so much trouble down the road.
Defeatism never made anyone popular.
Nemor
PostMon 06/02/03 2:47am
Yo Falkhor, give me DM for just 1 minute so I can boot him, he's so aggrovating!!!  Reply with quote

Shin2k
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In real life I wont run intosuch walls cause I am right in this, your just to lame to ever make an excuse. You got everone on your side but they dont even know the full story. Its great to see all people with power backing eachother up without knowing anything. Rather then that I do not care anymore Ill be joining all the others who left Dyso for Arkania, or perhaps some other server.
Shin2k
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides its a game why the fuck would I care about this, she took its ooc and started insulting me, YOU as a moderator should have done something about this.. I dont care I can find better places with better roleplayers then that. You keep saying I always want my way, but I dont otherwise I would have stayed and annoyed you all alot longer. But I'm quite sick of this always saying your right and whatsoever, I think you need therapy not me.
Shin2k
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and falkor if you really think I'm that bad irl we could just meet once, I dont think you live that far away... icon_twisted.gif This is not a joke btw
Oh and I know I'm currently placing myself on top of the most hated persons on Dyso but I got my reasons for that and Solo thanks for replying your opinion ment something. Right now I'm to ticked off to say anything else, I'm not blaming this on falkor but he shouldnt have came to me telling me I shouldnt take this in public and should fix it with him cause he knows I hate him, I wouldn't have made such a big problem out of this if Falkor wouldnt take a side for once, she took it into OOC insults and she should be punished for that, I shouldnt get some tell from a dm saying I shouldnt take this into the forums. I just wanted to know what others thought of it.... guess I know now. You can add me to the list of Messiah Ogt and the many others who left because of several complaints from other players, or whatever reason they left. I leave while I still can before I get banned from this place, perhaps Ill come back and post my opinion once or twice just to make sure you all still know I'm alive and annoying the enviroment.
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you know...i tried to be friendly, i tried working this out behind the scenes so as to keep the ruckus to a minimum, i gave you the chance to pm me with your side of the story so i could discuss the matter with the other moderators and come to a fair decision. Instead you come on the forums, whine on end and tell people you hate me. I really really dont get your attitude, i dont know what i've done other than make decisions you dont like. Apparently that was enough to make you hate me, though i imagine it has something to do with some IC stuff that happened 1.5 month ago. So if you want to make this a personal issue fine, you hate my guts fine, don't bother coming back cause i'll boot your sorry ass as soon as i spot it. You're a menace to society, a parasite who thrives on feeling sorry for himself, who drains people around him till they get so fed up with you they have no option but to say it in your face, which eventually only feeds the little loophole you created for yourself. You won't escape it without help, you'll spend your entire life whining and nagging and feeling miserable cause life will never conform to what you want from it. You'll just wander from disappointment to disappointment, from one lousy job you couldn't cope with to the next, from one girl who can't stand your selfpity and constant need for attention to bolster your confidence to the next. No one is out there ready to roll out the red carpet for good old shin and they'll certainly discard you as soon as they discover what a whining pissant you are.
Have a nice life Shin, don't bother coming back.
Drudley
PostMon 06/02/03 7:43am
You can really suck sometimes  Reply with quote

Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shin there's a f*cking edit button you know..

((Also on another note, just mentioning some random names of people who have played here for a long time, who were "key" public figures, and who have left Dyso (for now) won't add any power to your otherwise ludicrous posts. There IS strength in numbers, but only if the numbers are with you.))
Nemor
Hero

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shin, its not that anyone hates you, it's that your pointless whining is well.... pointless.

We all have problems, but there are a few who come here to diss everyone and share their lives problems and quite frankly no-one cares.

I'm sorry to say but I really don't give a flying fuck about anyone and their problems, though IC I will help people and OOC I have been known to support those I know and give advice.

I'm sure there are those who genuinely hate you, but there are also those who probably like you, you just take things out of context and as someone said earlier, you'd rather run than discuss your problems or sort them out. Which alot of weak people do.

And Palladium, I don't hate you, you just killed my character after agreeing to fight in the Arena instead, losing hours of work when I was close to a level (its really hard to level as rogue as some of you know, especially a multi-class)

And don't anyone dare say I'm a powergamer icon_evil.gif coz I'm not, I roleplay as often as it's possible and done many events the DM setup..

Theres my 2 cents.

Edit: One last thing, Falkhor any chance in me joining the thieves guild of yours? I'm lonely emot-yum.gif

I know I tried to PP you but hey, how was I to know your status? icon_eek.gif

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Nemor - Druid
Nilas
Mortal

XP
 66%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I guess the saying is true. The internet's facelessness really does bring out the worst in people would normally not be so bold. If I read Shin's post correctly....the hidden meaning....living not far from someone is not the BEST thing to say to someone you don't like. Anyway...

Shin, before you hit that post reply button, listen to me for just one moment. Please icon_smile.gif

I was there the entire time this 'incident' was happening. The person in question had switched characters to give me something I was waiting on. We were discussing that in tells when you ran by us. Then, when they came back, they saw you there and being their RP revolved around you in some hidden way (which I ALWAYS enjoy people making plotlines with me involved and me not knowing about it). You took it WAY too personal. You automatically assumed they logged on that character to kill you, when it was PURELY by accident that you ran into each other. I do not make it a habit (or even an occasion) of killing people before knowing all I can about them. I spoke to you because my character had never met you but had heard about you from others. I nor my character EVER makes an assumption or judges people based on word of mouth, I base my perceptions of someone on their actions. I hate to loose a good RPer because of a misunderstanding. (I say 'I hate to lose' because Dyso is ours isn't it?)

Having a beef with a DM is nothing new to alot of people (myself included). Though venting anger in such a way as to direct it at someone else is a poor habit to be in. Over years of being in martial arts (and teaching it) I have found that if anger is not directed AWAY from its source, it will cause a person to act in such as way that is not usual to themselves. Venting here is not a bad way....typing does have its release....but perhaps a more tangible form would be more suited to you?

Ok, by now you are probably steaming...wondering who I am to think I know you and what right I have to say such things. Almost finished, so worry not icon_smile.gif

Lastly I will say that it might be a good idea to take a bit of time to yourself. Stand up and stretch....(yes, right now) icon_biggrin.gif Take a deep breath and re-read this post, looking at it again, in a different frame of mind for a moment. Once done, flame away. It has been over 15 years since I have lost my temper...though I've come close a few times icon_smile.gif

Remember, stretch first, then flame icon_smile.gif
X
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 16 / 20 EXP: 16 / 20 EXP: 16 / 20
 80%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if its my worth to post this as im the Character esponsible...or so it seems. In doing so im probably going to ruin 3 weeks work between me and Access D but if it sorts this mess out then i hope its worth it shin2k...

The rose is a situated new guild of a higher race of vampire kindred, those who usually feed fromvampires and not humans, of the past week i have been ic holding sessions with friends giving them piece by piece our history and slowly teaching them of our accurance. Trust me shin, its not as easy to play a vampire as you obvioiusly show, vampires are secret and thats why hardly no one nows, and this ide will probably be ruined because of this. The roses intentions are not as clear as you would imagine, and i do not wish to post them, as it still may be savagible even though a lot more people may learn about us through this post. However THe reason i changed my character waas to give nilas some iteams, as he precalimed...and through chance of seeing i managed to see the "vamp" and qestioned him over himself,with the spirit of the former "Darkness Falls" (my character has been reborn into her true self through the rose and her diety) (Its gets complicated so if u dont have a clue dont worry)...The reason Shin i spoke to you in maybe a provactive way was to due to your race, which you chose to play, which you chose to create, so you must deal with the consequences....i simply said that the rose is watching as it always is, you didnt even know that we are kindred that feed on you...so u have no reason to assume, id attack you.

I hope this clear things up...And the reason if any i am annoyed with you shin is because you over reacted took it ooc: and manage to mess up the RP between me and nilas of the vampires, and spread it through the planar rift gate area of eleriina.

That if any is a crime by death in my eyes, since me and Alu have worked so hard on it.

Fear is nothing without power
Sariia - A Sister of "The Red Rose"
Eastern Winds - Palidin of Tyr
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Shin2k
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nilas wrote:
Wow, I guess the saying is true. The internet's facelessness really does bring out the worst in people would normally not be so bold. If I read Shin's post correctly....the hidden meaning....living not far from someone is not the BEST thing to say to someone you don't like. Anyway...

Shin, before you hit that post reply button, listen to me for just one moment. Please icon_smile.gif

I was there the entire time this 'incident' was happening. The person in question had switched characters to give me something I was waiting on. We were discussing that in tells when you ran by us. Then, when they came back, they saw you there and being their RP revolved around you in some hidden way (which I ALWAYS enjoy people making plotlines with me involved and me not knowing about it). You took it WAY too personal. You automatically assumed they logged on that character to kill you, when it was PURELY by accident that you ran into each other. I do not make it a habit (or even an occasion) of killing people before knowing all I can about them. I spoke to you because my character had never met you but had heard about you from others. I nor my character EVER makes an assumption or judges people based on word of mouth, I base my perceptions of someone on their actions. I hate to loose a good RPer because of a misunderstanding. (I say 'I hate to lose' because Dyso is ours isn't it?)

Having a beef with a DM is nothing new to alot of people (myself included). Though venting anger in such a way as to direct it at someone else is a poor habit to be in. Over years of being in martial arts (and teaching it) I have found that if anger is not directed AWAY from its source, it will cause a person to act in such as way that is not usual to themselves. Venting here is not a bad way....typing does have its release....but perhaps a more tangible form would be more suited to you?

Ok, by now you are probably steaming...wondering who I am to think I know you and what right I have to say such things. Almost finished, so worry not icon_smile.gif

Lastly I will say that it might be a good idea to take a bit of time to yourself. Stand up and stretch....(yes, right now) icon_biggrin.gif Take a deep breath and re-read this post, looking at it again, in a different frame of mind for a moment. Once done, flame away. It has been over 15 years since I have lost my temper...though I've come close a few times icon_smile.gif

Remember, stretch first, then flame icon_smile.gif

I know what you mean, but just imagine this:
Your playing a new character who's supposed to be superior and godly like and whatsoever, you try to stay out of trouble because well its not good to get introuble, now there is the person who keeps annoying you, she tells you she's going to kill you and drink your vampire blood and whatever, you see her logged on as a weak character and while you walk by she logs off and logs her stronger character on only to say she's going to hunt you down. Then what would you say.... you wouldnt talk about her other 'version'? I mean I didnt go OOC she told me I was ruining her rp by involving her other version of character. She should make the difference between her characters more obvious or should just think of new names. I didnt ask her to hunt me down, I didnt talk to her at all she came to me and started this, now I she tells me I'm ruining her rp because its not going the way she wants it? Well sorry but then I must say thats to far away from me. She started this and started the OOC attitude I just asked to be left alone OOC but it seems thats impossible with so much childish people. Fine I'll leave, I couldn't care less bout forcing rp on someone. Geesh louies...

Oh and Nef yes I noticed the edit button.

Oh and Falkor you started this IC by killing my character just while I was back, or I mean this girlfriend of yours Rudi or something.... I was in a really bad mood then and was sick of people who couldnt leave me alone just for one second while i was having fun, and now excactly the same I'm being forced into RP by someone who then takes it OOC on me while I'm finally trying to RP then she takes it to the moderators which I would rather not cause I know you hate me in every way there's possible, and I know I created this hatred because I'm a bitchass who keeps pushing for what he wants. I'm sorry for being myself and being open and honest about my feelings, and I'm sorry I hate you but it's some groundrule that I got since that IC thing against my char, I hate Falkor both IC and OOC only for one reason cause he hates me to. I'm sorry you all hate me now and I know this won't solve any shit, neither that I will come back. Just believe me when I honestly say: I'm sorry for several things I should have done, but in THIS matter I am right and in THIS matter you should have told me I was right all along, all I felt was like I was being accused of something which I didnt. There you have my side of the story... right now Ill be around if anyone wants to scream at me. icon_exclaim.gif
Nilas
Mortal

XP
 66%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your point Shin. No, really I do. I would wonder myself, just as you did. Perhaps even be a bit upset. Though if you will allow me to, let me pick apart your response so that I can get both our meanings straight. icon_smile.gif No offense meant by this, but for me (on a personal level) it is easier to reply to, if I do this. icon_smile.gif

Playing a 'superior or godly' character is fine, so long as you understand, that ALL characters MUST have an inherent weakness. Consider it a flaw if you will. ONLY the DM's have the right to make 'flawless' characters, be it played by them or by another player for whatever RP reasons. Just remember, not everyone else you meet may be as 'mortal' as you percieve them to be. Take Nilas for example, he looks absolutly elven (cept the blue hair) but he is actually Half silver Dragon. This is not something that I included in his bio (or even char sheet) because when he was created he did not remember he was half dragon. (Yes I have the entire story written down before I made him, I'm anal about that sort of thing) icon_wink.gif

Now, I actually had a VERY simliar experience when I arrived on Dyso. I had some insane guy following me around and killing me whenever he could. Was rather amusing to watch as I killed him at level 4 when he was level 8 or so...(impossible to me). Anyway, back to my point. I found out later that his character 'Arrived on the same ship as me' and didn't like elves. This whole RP plotline with him not liking elves was unknown to me for a long time until he decided to leave Dyso and told me the entire plotline he was aiming for. It turns out he was new and wanted to have an 'arch' enemy for later so we could have a huge battle when we were higher level. I took offense to it at first, as I think most people would. But over time, I began to speak to him a bit more in between one of our inevitable deaths and the plotline began to unfold. I was actually quite touched that another RPer such as myself would do something like that. Just pick someone totally randomly and develope a plotline based around them....Stuff like this I used to do in my mod as DM, not as a player icon_smile.gif

While I do see the mistake X made on the approach and handling of the situation....the words came out wrong due to the lag. The timing was all off on the responses and it only served to fuel your initial mistrust. I tried repeatidly to tell you that this character was just another consciouness of the individual, but it was not in a position to do anything to you. But, again, the words were timed badly due to lag.

The first OOC thing I saw (I have a pretty good memory of things like this but I wil admit, I CAN make mistakes) was you asking her ((So you can't kill me with your other character so you get this one to kill me?)). Now, at that point, was when the misunderstanding occured. You instantly assumed that is why she got the char. And yes, I can see why it WOULD look that way, but again....as stated, it was ASSUMED. icon_smile.gif

The two characters had nearly identical names because of the nature of the RP involved. That is not something that you can dictate to a person. Anyone has the right to name their character anything they so choose, so long as it is within the rules of the mod, does not impose on any OTHER PLAYERS character, and (in my opinion) so long as it does not infringe on the copyrights of a well known fantasy name. (that's just a lack of imagination). The reasoning behind it was well thought out, and knowing how deep X's existing RP has been, it is unsuprising icon_smile.gif

Now, as much as I have been 'slamming' you, Shin, I will wholeheartidly agree with you on one very good point you made. X telling you that you were ruining his RP was a bit selfish. I can see where just taking it upon yourself to involve someone in an RP they might not want to take part in is going out on a limb. Though this goes back to my previous statement of enjoying being involved in plotlines I have no clue about. icon_smile.gif I admit, I am probably one of the few people who does not mind this (most of the time). Though if it is an ongoing plotline and you just happen to fit the bill (as I interpret X's post) perhaps a little heads up could have been given OOC.

Ok, I'll close with this. When I arrived on Dyso, I had NO CLUE about anyone's race, class, etc. I came up with the idea of a half dragon that had his memories wiped and would eventually regain them, and go after his lifelong dream of reuniting Dragons and elves (elves meaning other races too, but saying it all is just too long *grins*). He would do whatever it took to see some changes, even giving up his life. As I progressed through the world, I found out some interesting things....first off, there is another half dragon, Corsan. That the king of the realm is a gold dragon, and that the prince is also half dragon. For a moment I balked at the idea of getting involved in someone else's plotline. I did not know how it would be recieved....another half dragon, bent on bringing dragons and people together, if even through a loose agreement. I also heard that the DM's don't like people fouling up their plotlines...and I was VERY concerned with this. So I remained quiet for a time, laying low and listening. I finally decided I would risk becoming a 'problem' and started voicing my characters lineage and intents. Well, turns out I was lucky and was greeted into several circles. Why all this history and rants about my own character and experiences, when you are not me? Because, it is to show you that while my intents might have been one thing, finding out there was already something simliar going on (in one form or another) I decided to use a little mental effort and find out how best I could incorporate my original intents for that character into the existing plotline without compromising either. For me, it turned out quite well.....and I am happy....For you, it still can be, if you take a moment and think things through when a wrench is thrown into the works. icon_biggrin.gif
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My next on dyso will be a human with the class farmer. He'll have the feat Herding Specialisation in (you guessed it) Half-Dragon. And with a herd of half-dragons he'll control all of dyso.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
X
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 16 / 20 EXP: 16 / 20 EXP: 16 / 20
 80%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my acts of selfishness came through in me obligating the fact that he had ruined the plot through his ooc, im aplogise. However closing my arguement on this case, i would like to point out that if one destroys the house you spent building 5 years building, you would search for him. If one spent 3 hours writing an english essay on the French revolution and someone burnt it infront of them, you would probably slap him...

Any one who puts time and effort into somethin, and then witness it being hindered by such a simple process wil be angered and forthright they should be allowed to.

Fear is nothing without power
Sariia - A Sister of "The Red Rose"
Eastern Winds - Palidin of Tyr
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Nilas
Mortal

XP
 66%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never said you didn't have a right to be upset X. icon_smile.gif I would be as well, but even a quick ooc tell, letting them know that since they are a vamp that there is an existing plotline going on with them and that they might get pulled into it....would have been enough to let Shin know that if something wierd happens, it might be related to that plotline you spoke up earlier. That is from MY perspective....personally, I WANT to see that plotline continue and from the bits that I gathered during our LONG Rp sessions. icon_smile.gif
Spears
PostMon 06/02/03 12:37pm
An essay in three hours? Christ you guys are lucky. emot-heartbeat.gif  Reply with quote

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: