DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Improved Knockdown:undocumented prerequisite

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Improved Knockdown:undocumented prerequisite Reply with quote

Okay, I know I'm not the only one who didn't know this, but has anyone else tried to take Improved Knockdown while meeting all of the requirements, but not been able to take it? Well, I did with a lvl 12 Ranger/Fighter, and was a little peeved, and so I messeged my friendly neighborhood BioMod, and he said:

"undocumented requirement for int 13+.. more likely a problem with the manual than a bug..."

DOH. Methinks that with all the damn errors and missing information that is the manual, BioWhere needs to reprint it and send a copy to all registered users. I mean, one or two little misprints is one thing, but I swear there's something wrong or missing every 2 pages!!! cussing.gif cussing.gif cussing.gif

p.s. I think this should be sticky, too, for n00bies.

Last edited by Maelstrom696969 on Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JEEZ!!! So that's why I can't take it!! Bah! I was designing my character around that ability... I would have used the prerequisite feats on something else had I known this.

This is a very significant omission in the NWN manual. I never use knockdown anymore because it's too weak for higher level creatures. I only took it to get improved knockdown, which i now know I cannot on account of INT=10. Oh well. It will just be another one of his "flaws."

Yes... stickifying this topic is a good suggestion!
View users profile Send private message
guitarrML
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22
 54%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying that what the bioboard guy put was incorrect, but if it was an omission from the manual, it was also an omission from the feat's description in the game. I have looked at the feat several times in-game and it does not mention anything about an itelligence prerequisite. I will be able to tell for sure at level 18, as that is when I plan on taking improved knockdown. I will write back here once I find out for sure.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Improved "everything" requires 13 INT ... I thought everyone had figured this out by now, I guess not.

Improved Disarm, Improved Parry, Improved Knockdown ... all 13 INT unless you are a Monk who gets it free at level 6.
not_so_unique
PostFri 06/06/03 11:19pm
Hmm... good to know. I guess I am still such a newbie (only one developed character) that I had not experienced this yet. Thanks for the tip.  Reply with quote

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAH, everyone take 13 INT SO YOU CAN PIMP OUT AND DESIGN YOUR UBER CHARS AROUND HAVING IMPROVED FEATS AND BE UBER FIGHTERS for PvP!!!! W00T, LETS BE AS UBER AS POSSIBLE!!!

woo hoo!!!!

Nothing like improved knockdown against mages, it beats them everytime!!! w00t, really uber! and i can imp disarm their 300k weps too!

BWUAHAHAHA

remember folks, try to max out as much as possible, be a dwarf for max con and HP, and take barb and rogue levels for 1337 skill points!!!!!

w00t! pimpass!!!
Raven
PostSat 06/07/03 4:01am
The sarcasm here is almost non-existant, yet subtlely overwhelming and disturbingly omnipresent and repetitive.  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows wrote:
Improved "everything" requires 13 INT ... I thought everyone had figured this out by now, I guess not.

Improved Disarm, Improved Parry, Improved Knockdown ... all 13 INT unless you are a Monk who gets it free at level 6.

OMG!!! Thanks for pointing this out, Conrad!!! I'd better go notify BioWare that Improved Critical, Improved Power Attack, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting and Improved Unarmed Strike are all BUGGED!!! I mean, NONE of those are either documented as needing an INT 13 or actually do need it in the game itself! That's OVER HALF of the "Improved" Feats!!! weirdlook.gif

Edit: Holy Crap! Improved Evasion, too! Stop the madness!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Frisken Pockethopp
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8
 50%
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm...I don't think those are supposed to have an INT 13 requirement.

You weren't being serious, were you?

I have to say though, it's never good to just assume that the friends you play with just "know" things. Were you holding out on us, Conrad? icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message
Gorpie
PostThu 06/12/03 6:52pm
How intelligent do you have to be to be able to push an opponent on the floor and laugh at him/her??? Because 13 INT? Blimey! You are smart =P  Reply with quote

Uin
PostThu 06/12/03 7:33pm
Its balance.

Knockdown is sorta like PnP's Trip, which requires 13 int.

Psyker
PostFri 06/13/03 11:39am
13 int... damn! icon_sad.gif

-Cyan Shadow

Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uin wrote:
Its balance.

Knockdown is sorta like PnP's Trip, which requires 13 int.

Improved trip didn't do anything special... just let you make a melee attack after the trip as if you hadn't done the trip action.
Trip itself is just a standard, everyday combat action. like bull rush, disarm and charge. nothing special about them, just... other stuff to do to vary up combat.

so, Uin, YOU'RE AN UNEDUCATED TWIT AND I HATE YOU ARGARGARGARGARG!!!! I AM SUPERIOR BECAUSE I HAVE THE 3RD EDITION BOOK!!!1!!!

oh, wait... I don't care... it's 12:30 in the morning and I just like telling people about the rules, so that they may impress people later on (I've yet to see someone repeat this kind of info well in a debate on NWN rules... sigh...)
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
PostWed 06/18/03 3:02pm
BioWare has yet to reply to me about all those Improved Feats *not* requiring INT 13 like Conrad says they should.  Reply with quote

Grok
PostWed 06/18/03 3:05pm
there is a text file, when you install the game, it explins last min changes or corrections. West also posted this, for those who didn't know.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: