DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Suggestion for better rping in the mod

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Celestial_Evil
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19
 21%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Suggestion for better rping in the mod Reply with quote

First of all I dont intend to be telling you guys how to run the mod after all you created it, mantain it and update it and i have honestly done nothing to contribute to it. However i have been playing in various campaigns and I could suggest something that would make the rping in dyso essential for survival. There has to be something to unite people and make them fear going outside without a party, perhaps a great evil is amist, perhaps there is a great evil force who sometimes appears when you least expect it and if you are not prepared...well. Or maybe in the wilderness there is no punishment for pking(like it would be in a real campaign setting). Well this is just a suggestion and as i said i figured you guys are doing a good job I just want to see people rping and partying in dyso.
View users profile Send private message
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of things I've suggested in another post somewhere is to instead of having thousands of smaller monsters, remove them and put in few of mega-powerful ones. This way, people will be at least partying when trying to get levels.

Also, more DM events, but shorter with more XP as reward would promote RPing too.

And one of thing that would make RP great but also simultaneously promoting PG is to have players have total control of the land, and not the DMs. Like in DAOC. This way, there will always be something going on.
View users profile Send private message Send email
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehhmm....Raven, if you think about it, that won't support RP at all. The only bosses thing, will only result in mass storming, camping, and PKing to be the ones to get the XP.

Small DM events may work, but then again, I have been getting small DM events anyway, so I don't see any problem there.

I do however support more player control, it gives more opportunities for people to actually mean something in this world.(and why in god's name do you want to promote PG????????)

Oh, and I'd like it if guild support was to be completed.

And one last thing, just Roleplay, please......

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Coral_Reef
PostMon 06/09/03 4:19pm
Good intentions to force people to role play.

I don't think it will work though.

GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is one of the few things I agreed with Geshtal on, and it's basically the fact that you can not force RP on people. It can't be done, it will never be possible. The only hope, is that the rest of the people who do enjoy to truely RP through things and not be out to just tork off people will just peer-pressure others into it. That's really the only thing that can be done.
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, your suggestion is a fine idea, but take your example - the big evil thing that everyone fears and must unite against. You'd always get the occasional smartass that says "Bah, I'm not scared of it!". And then it wouldn't work. It's one of those things that's down to the players. Read Fooz's signature and you'll get a better idea.

Griff
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the great evil already sort of exists in a way... chaos dragon.

maybe... but I'm with gorb on this one, you can't force anyone to do ANYTHING online, they have to do it for themselves... you cannot force someone to do anything, while you can ban them, sure, you still are not controling them, just making them have to look for another server...

but about the peer pressure thing, sounds like an old school princible teacher about how drugs are bad... but all in all, if some lamer half orc pimp comes into the middle of 15 hardcore in your face rpers, and says "ne1 want to powerlvl me?" he would first off be getting "my how you speak strange" then "ooc: you are a moron go away" and get boo'd off the server...

So I DO believe peer pressure can effect someone... regardless of what anyone says, someone can be easily humiliated that does that, so maybe they will watch instead then join in, and they might emerge as the best role player out of all of them... and a legend is born, hey what can you say?

It's all good.
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCore wrote:
Ehhmm....Raven, if you think about it, that won't support RP at all. The only bosses thing, will only result in mass storming, camping, and PKing to be the ones to get the XP.

(and why in god's name do you want to promote PG????????)

And one last thing, just Roleplay, please......

I didn't say I wanted to promote PG, even though that is not a bad thing. It said by doing what I suggested, it would inevitably promote both.

I have been on pure RP servers. They suck.

Griff Inn wrote:
Yep, your suggestion is a fine idea, but take your example - the big evil thing that everyone fears and must unite against. You'd always get the occasional smartass that says "Bah, I'm not scared of it!". And then it wouldn't work. It's one of those things that's down to the players. Read Fooz's signature and you'll get a better idea.

Griff

The thing is to make those monster so hard that those who say "Bah, I'm not scared of it!" die of horrible slow and painful death.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: