DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Abused by a friend of the DM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

Thoughts?
Aye, you were in the right
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Nay, you were wrong
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
I'm not sure
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Where am I????
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

Gorpie
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 2 / 19 EXP: 2 / 19 EXP: 2 / 19
 10%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Abused by a friend of the DM Reply with quote

The following is pasted from an irc chat (cba to retype it all)
I have replaced some words of people with buzzwords, and taken out irrelevant bits
-------------------------------------------------------

<Gorpie> grarr!!
<Psyker> gorpie
<Psyker> topic
<Gorpie> *looks*
<Gorpie> ah yes lol
<Gorpie> im preparing to write a loooong rant
<nem0r> cool
*A friend supports
<Gorpie> stupid fuck
<nem0r> oi
<Gorpie> *She*
<nem0r> oh ok
<Gorpie> she, the stupid fuck
<Gorpie> with a DM freind
<Gorpie> Kills me 3 times and gets away with it
<nem0r> and a DM allows it?
<Gorpie> A DM allowed one of the kills!
<Gorpie> Access Fucking D
<Psyker> hmm
<Gorpie> my kills are total valid rp reasons and hers are spite and revenge
<Gorpie> Do you want the whole story?
<nem0r> not really but im sure u will share it
<Gorpie> I shall start at the beginning regardless of what you say next
<Gorpie> lol
* Jammy^ puts coffee on
<Jammy^> fuking lag
<Gorpie> I meet her in the crypt, I pp her a couple of times and she doesn't see me, then when I come closer a bit later she tells me to sod off (had only stolen from her twice at this point), she calls me a thief, so naturally I have to kill her to stop her from spreading evil malicious rumours about me
<Gorpie> She even threatened to put me on her guilds thief list
<Gorpie> She was dead, supposed to drop it at that point
<Jammy^> yeah tahst true
<Gorpie> We carry on, she comes back later telling me how she is gonna get me banned and again add me to her guilds thief list, I say I will fight her for honour and so we go to el north, I take the (rightly) thief initiative and kill her before she is prep'ed, she raises and kills me (im okay with that), so says it was unfair and I saw we shoul dhave a fair fight
<nem0r> tell her like i say to everyone as black
<Gorpie> So we go into the pit, I spawn an elemental and she runs off comes back with her other character and attempts to kill me, White Cyan and I kill her 3 times in total, she just wouldnt drop it
<Gorpie> I did, but she ran off
<nem0r> a fair fight is when a rogue backstabs and generally surprises their opponent
<Gorpie> emot-yum.gif
<Gorpie> hehe
<nem0r> otherwise a rogue doesnt have a chance in hell
<nem0r> how is that fair?
<Gorpie> anyway, later on we are doing the quest, I steal a ring from her, the guild item and she says she is gonna get her DM friend to ban me on the spot
<Gorpie> The DM and I talk about it and I destroy the item and he gives her another one
<Gorpie> In any case, that should have dropped there
<nem0r> yeh
<nem0r> post on forums then
<Gorpie> I pp'd from her a bit in that period
*A friends support
<Gorpie> I will just copy paste, so bear with me
<Gorpie> emot-yum.gif
<nem0r> icon_smile.gif
<Gorpie> I pp her when her friend leaves, A lonely writer, I strategically waited for him to leave and then pp'd her alone before she left me for the crpyt
<Gorpie> she then puts me to dislike, I ask her why and she says it is because one of my family is a thief
*A friend declaring he doesn't care his name being given out, later retracted.
<nem0r> emot-yum.gif
<Gorpie> she then agreed with me that she had make a public annnouncement that she disliked our family
<nem0r> oh
*A friend recommends emphasising the bringing on of another character just to slay me
<Gorpie> This is my reason for killing her next
<Gorpie> I think you just did lol
<Gorpie> Anyway, I stalk at the gate for someone to pass by for about 30 minutes
<nem0r> dont reveal ur pp spot
<Gorpie> DM tells me in this time something like "You have stolen from Sariia 10 times already, do you think you stop now?", then I said "Well I am not personal about who I pp from, I steal from whoever passes me by and that she is just in the wrong place and the wrong time", "I have been waiting in this spot for about 30 minutes at this time and I am hardly going to *not* pp her just because I have done so already"<Gorpie> Dm doesnt respond, corsan turns up and asks me about what is happening, he must have heard through the grapevine
<Gorpie> We talk, I explain it all, *She* turns up (hostile as she dislikes me now)
<Gorpie> I ask him to defend me if she attacks, *Brother* also now turns up
<Gorpie> We argue for a bit and she now says I have stolen from her 11 times in that day and that I will be banned for it
<Gorpie> She says not to ever pick pocket from her again, so naturally at the point I pp'd her
<Gorpie> She attacks me, I run, *Brother* jumps in, knocks her down and stops, she gets back up FOD' me
<Gorpie> Then FOD him, he kills her
<Psyker> mention she tries to FOD me unprovoked before i start attacking
<Gorpie> yeah
<Gorpie> did I say that in the wrong order, doesnt really matter
<Gorpie> You had reason to kill her since, she had just attacked you, killed your sister and insulted your family name
<Gorpie> Anyway, I am raised and then so is she, *Brother* runs at this point
<Gorpie> Then I get FOD' by her again
<Psyker> runs = exits
<Gorpie> lol
<Psyker> thinking that the situation is over
<Gorpie> yeah
<Psyker> no grudges etc
<Gorpie> anyway, Im dead again and then raised by someone after some time, a LOT of lag ensues and I warp to *Well-known Evil Guy*'s body, I stop to relog and come back dead
<Gorpie> After another some time I get res and *Well-known Evil Guy* tells me to leave, so I do
<Gorpie> I run into the pub
<Gorpie> *Little thief* comes in and we agree to pp before server restart
<nem0r> heh
<nem0r> u can tell *little thief* to stop fucking pping me then
<nem0r> coz hes pissing me off with it
<Gorpie> We run around, 60 seconds left and I see her near death (I didnt see she had just been raised)
<Gorpie> sssh
<Jammy^> i gotta find some grounds to kill *short human type character*
<Gorpie> anyway!!!
<Gorpie> she is near death and so I run to kill her, kill her and the server restarts
<Gorpie> I get back in and have to talk to the DM for a bit by the docks (Nice one for discretion and lag, I would have preferred the jail)
<nem0r> so she killed u 3 times in succession?
<Gorpie> yes!
<Gorpie> ffs
<Gorpie> the third she had the go ahead from Access D
<Gorpie> who she was chatting to on irc
<nem0r> hmmm
<Gorpie> I wonder if he knew she had just killed me twice!
<nem0r> how do u know she got the go ahead from access? did she tell you?
<nem0r> if so, u shoulda screenshotted and provide screens to prove
<Gorpie> Anyway, DM says its tit for tat in the end, then I get jailed for calling her (not the DM) a b***h
<Gorpie> when im killed I dont instantly think, I better screenshot this
<Gorpie> I think ooh, I better get up now
<Gorpie> Someone res, plz, thx
<nem0r> whats her username?
<Gorpie> Maybe I havent played Dysotopia with people like 'she' long enough yet but I just dont ss that often
<Jammy^> whats *little thief*'s name?
<Gorpie> Anyway, Im jailed so I get 2hr cut off and havent been back in since

End icon_wink.gif *wink*
View users profile Send private message
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as Sariia told me in PM it was all over, looks like it was far from it.

Heres an excert about the rules of PP:

To the Victims:

If you spot them, you may do whatever you see fit to the thief - kill them
(once), demand your item back etc. But before you go killing the thief, stop and think about your alignment. Good aligned players generally don't say "die thief!!!" straight away, they usually want a reason why the thief tried to steal from them. Neutral and evil players are usually a lot less merciful.

- Out of interest Sariia, what alignment is your character, and what drives you to kill her 3 times in succession for one PP??

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I meet her in the crypt, I pp her a couple of times and she doesn't see me, then when I come closer a bit later she tells me to sod off (had only stolen from her twice at this point), she calls me a thief, so naturally I have to kill her to stop her from spreading evil malicious rumours about me

Dude, with that kind of attitude my rogue wouldn't have any friends, too..
And, maybe you should read the CROE and the part about pping a maximum of 10 expendable items or one good item icon_cool.gif
Nemor
Hero

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dreamin' I can assure Gorpie knows the rules on PP'ing, we both read it over twice before creating our Rogues..

10 dispensibles
unlimited useless items (silver, gold, copper etc.)
1 Valuable or any item +3 or above.

Sariia just can't roleplay being stolen from in my opinion, I just thought and hoped she dropped it like she said to me in PM.

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Nemor - Druid
dreamin'
PostSun 06/08/03 7:48pm
Maybe you're right, but the quote I posted made me thinking...  Reply with quote

Nemor
Hero

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, Gorpies a loose cannon and you can understand her rights for wanting to shut her up, the feuds been going for a few days now when Sariia threatened me and Crimson. Something to the effect of "Shut up before I come and kill you both".

Naturally I said "Yeh come on, like to see you try". And this was all because we were using party chat, what the hell do you think its there for?! EYE CANDY? cussing.gif

I'm not saying Gorpies innocent coz he does tend to react without thinking first, but usually he checks with me or I tell him to ask a DM before doing anything rash.

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Nemor - Druid
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I meet her in the crypt, I pp her a couple of times and she doesn't see me, then when I come closer a bit later she tells me to sod off (had only stolen from her twice at this point), she calls me a thief, so naturally I have to kill her to stop her from spreading evil malicious rumours about me

That is not a valid reason to kill her. You should have warned before acting.
View users profile Send private message Send email
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe i was pp'in tha stuffin outa both of you while that shit was goin on hehe

now im just gonna hunt you down and PK both of ya icon_twisted.gif
Y

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like your story Gorpie..
*applaude*

all day i have been hearing you and saiira pesting at each other . and i toke a strong point not to take side ...

to make it short both of you claim that the other is ooc insulting the other
both of you claim to have been killed 4 times, saiira claim you abuse pickpocket , you claim it wasnt you. etc etc...

Quote:
<Gorpie> A DM allowed one of the kills!

no Not really, once i got tired of an afternoon of sillyness i told both of you you can kill each other at will i dont give a fuck, cause not only you are waisting my time and one of you is a morron abusing the DM and the players but you are also waiting the time of all the other player who like to have a DM to make them event and not to be on players back to count the number of time they pickpocket.

because lets it be clear. if the rules say 10 pp alowed.. blabla. but you pp some one he miss is check and you r name does not show... then yes of course " wasnt me " ok reset counter 1 + 10 to go etc...

or may be it wasnt you ... after all maybe it was a goblin , i dont know but commun FUCKING sence tells you that you are not here bash each other but to have fun so player that hides beheind rules in staed of commun sense strt to pisse me off.

I think UIN chose to jail you to cool thing down... (i did not do that cause i didnt want to make any rulling with evidence) ... it did not cool anything and the first thing . i hear next is that you both are at it again..

So you think i am nice with freinds... well i am actualy hasher with them ... if your story came out to be true as i thought first , i would have hesitated to have saiira char erased.
But you post made me realise your just of the breaths that takes all pleasure away from dming.

back to the story between you and saiira.. as i told nemor xavier etc
since you both dont seems to get fade up with the killing.. I impose a cease fire for 24 h ...

24 h not for you 2 to come down ... but for me to rest.
I'll let the othe DM chose what is right policie to have n the case...
If you think i am harsh... you will enjoy there ruling.
X
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 16 / 20 EXP: 16 / 20 EXP: 16 / 20
 80%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the matter just be closed...im tired of this...its over....im starting to not enjoy dyso again, and to be honest its bringing me down...

I did wonder why people left....and for you all it may seem stupid, but when you are part of an action, and there is no right or wrong answer, it hangs over you....and curses your character...and pisses you off as well.

Fear is nothing without power
Sariia - A Sister of "The Red Rose"
Eastern Winds - Palidin of Tyr
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
_MJ_
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 5 / 13 EXP: 5 / 13 EXP: 5 / 13
 38%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there needs to be another voting option, one that says you both messed up and i know because i was there ,remember corsan? either way it was a messed up deal and it is over...
Nemor
Hero

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you both listen to Y, ignore each other, no excessive PP (if indeed you did) and no PK abuse from either of you.

The matters closed as far as I see it and I think you both need to cool off.

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Nemor - Druid
Mr. Red Hashmeer
PostMon 06/09/03 2:53am
Dyso really is a dying mod  Reply with quote

Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hashmeer has spoken... and no one is listening... or maybe they are.... icon_razz.gif

jk hash

actually ... pretty much everyday i see about 30 players at any one time, 15 or so on a slow day, and usually more players on the weekends

i wouldnt quite say its dead, but indeed it is fast becoming a ghost town... unfortunately...

but hey, you still got me, ill be here until the day dyso is erased from memory and harddrive

always have been...

i love you all!!! *kisses to everyone*

enjoy and play
Gorpie
Adept

XP
 10%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now let me clear a few things up, I think Dyso is great and have an avid enthusiasm for roleplaying and that if there was an option "Steal from Sariia: A, Yes. B, No. A meaning that I am brought down into a mind numbingly slow drudge through some players will not to get PP'd at whatever cost. B meaning I be not a thief, which isnt really roleplay is it. Well, anyway I would have picked B, getting into something like that really pisses me off (which rarely ever happens) and makes both my game and the people who I interact with games less fun.

I was fairly clear I had stolen no more than 10 dispensibles but then I may have been wrong, 11 dispensibles, but hey I wouldn't have minded been jailed for that, I hasten to add that wasn't something callous like 15+ or even 20+ but just one over the limit (if indeed it was) and in fact I like the idea of jailing as it allows both parties to be talked to apart from each other and the situation resolved or for the wrong party to serve some time, hehe.

Other things I want to clear up, I didn't mind Uin's jailing (after all it was for foul language and not for the incident) and Im glad you liked my post Y *winks*

In addition emot-yum.gif, in response to Raven's comment, I'm not sure what level she was at the time but what kind of thief warns people before they are about to kill them, assasins don't walk up behind someone in a dark night and they point out that he is about to kill them. =P

In any case, *She* =P I don't wish there to be hard feelings, I really hoped that this had ended after I killed you in the crypts but I guess it didn't and we as a community of Dyso paid for *BOTH* our mistakes.

Ooh ooh! No, I don't think I have any more additions to say, so I will sum up: We drop it now and I guess I will count :S how many times I pp someone in a day.

:Gorpie:

P.S: Absolute sorry goes out to anyone who got involved in the conflict, *looks sad*
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y wrote:
I think UIN chose to jail you to cool thing down... (i did not do that cause i didnt want to make any rulling with evidence) ... it did not cool anything and the first thing . i hear next is that you both are at it again.

Actually is was for OOC personal insults.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y wrote:
Quote:

I think UIN chose to jail you to cool thing down... (i did not do that cause i didnt want to make any rulling with evidence) ... it did not cool anything and the first thing . i hear next is that you both are at it again.

of cources you all read WITHOUT evidence ...
Uin i am not complaining of what you did ... but i had both telling me they were receiving OOC insult.. so pff yeah may be i shout have jail both...
anyway today is a new day
X
Master

XP
 80%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the reason uin jailed is as he says, but the ooc commentcame while he was trying to sort out this mess...my ooc comment came very early on, and wasnt nearly as harsh or explicit...

Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats something that I didn't know at the time (neither mentioned it), I only jailed the one that do it right infront of me.

However seems like they went behind one mods back to get a case thru, a ruling is a ruling, remember that folks.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
X
Master

XP
 80%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive just spoken to why, all the death and punishment has been served, all the xp and items have been done with...the matters is to be left in my there.

Gorpie
Adept

XP
 10%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*me fluffles Sariia*

In this life maybe our characters can be friends? It happened with me and Cain and how he has pp immunity =P

:Gorpie:
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with MJ, you both made a few slip-ups. So the best thing to do is just make a friendly apology to one another, and just forget the whole incident with no hard feelings. Else you risk one of those ongoing feuds that have occured with other players in the past. And those never end happily. So just kiss and make up is what I'd suggest.

Griff
RedStorm
PostMon 06/09/03 6:17pm
lol hash!!!!
bs.gif
dyso is just on,umm,laggy days,yah thats right!

Gorpie
PostMon 06/09/03 7:45pm
^^ *points at "me fluffles Sariia"*

I forgive and forget if she will, hehe.

X
Master

XP
 80%
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, ive just got a brand new Xaser Mark II Thermaltake case, so im in a good moood so everyone is forginve, even my dad has forgiven Griif for stealing hub caps off cars. icon_mrgreen.gif

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: