DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

How to make this a better mod
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Shadowleaf
PostTue 06/10/03 10:43pm
er... icon_redface.gif

Last edited by Shadowleaf on Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total

Raven
PostTue 06/10/03 11:37pm
You're missing a DM event right now.  Reply with quote

Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: How to make this a better mod Reply with quote

Shadowleaf wrote:
ok i havent been on in a while because to be frank, it sucks... i know how you could make it good though.

Well, this statement translated means:

Shadowleaf wrote:
Dyso sucks, but luckily I have decided to bless you with my divine knowledge and wisdom *harps play* so you can make your sucky mod better. Think yourselves lucky that I am willing to waste my godly time for you.

Sorry, but you lost my attention when you said that dyso sucks.

Griff
Raven
PostTue 06/10/03 11:53pm
And what's with stability text? It doesn't bother me.  Reply with quote

Norrec
Hero

XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on one thing. Take out the unitys and tidy badgers. There shouldnt be badgers going around eating items say... down in the crypts and stuff. As for the guards, I say we should have player guards. There can be more iteresting crime that way.
MerchanT
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22
 13%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I say we should have player guards. There can be more iteresting crime that way.

More like "We'd have nothing BUT crime." Can you imagine if the White Guard of Eleriina were actually responsible for enforcing something? What is there one around 30 minutes a day?

Adam

/ Meet the Mos'viels! /
* Baleric * Finn * Mordecai *
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Raven
PostWed 06/11/03 12:20am
Besides, players with power easily get corrupted.  Reply with quote

Shadowleaf
PostWed 06/11/03 1:23am
So sorry i offended you, griff. i dont care if you read it anyway.  Reply with quote

Norrec
PostWed 06/11/03 2:08am
Hmmm... well.... It would be up to the DMs to recruit the trustworthy people.  Reply with quote

Shadowleaf
Hero

XP
EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65
 1%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, what i meant was make the guards more realistic at least. i am divided on the issue though, i mean, players should be allowed to be chaotic but there needs to be law enforcement
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shadowleaf
Hero

XP
 1%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i just remembered something. there needs to be a use for every skill. i mean, on dyso u could go ask a veteran how to powergame the mod and you would get something like "Avoid roleplaying oriented skills such as persuade and animal empathy, they wont help you here"
Norrec
PostWed 06/11/03 3:34am
I have animal empathy and persaude. Persaude is very usefull. As for animal empathy... well.... maybe one day.  Reply with quote

GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - Unities are being removed as I type this. icon_wink.gif Also, the badgers have no RP element? How about a magically disappearing item sitting in front of you? Many don't realize that those little badgers do help with lag. Ever see a room filled with a hundred piles of GP? It ain't pretty. icon_wink.gif
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well dm events I'm not sure, but I do see a dm on occasionally whenever I play.

Maybe every couple of days at least... but yeah, they could use a few more dungeon masters for events, two dungeon masters could get together on aim or something and host an event after planning it out... that would be pretty good...
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well dm events I'm not sure, but I do see a dm on occasionally whenever I play.

Maybe every couple of days at least... but yeah, they could use a few more dungeon masters for events, two dungeon masters could get together on aim or something and host an event after planning it out... that would be pretty good...
Gorpie
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 2 / 19 EXP: 2 / 19 EXP: 2 / 19
 10%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guards should be... less frequent in other towns and cities... maybe! They are all powerful right now which can be a little daunting, I am all for them being invulnerable but are they level 120 or something ridiculous? emot-yum.gif

Guards in El should never be removed, I think its in the C.R.O.E why and that is a damn good reason.

Hmmm and... don't kravenwood already have a militia, granted its only 3 people (I think :S) but it does extend the protection of Kravenwood to the paths outside Kravenwood, which guards do not patrol.
View users profile Send private message
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GorbGuy wrote:
Many don't realize that those little badgers do help with lag. Ever see a room filled with a hundred piles of GP? It ain't pretty. icon_wink.gif

bah!!! get rid of those things and come and get meeeeeeeee!!!
i'll get rid of that Gold for ya....10 times faster then any stinky badger!!!!!
Shadowleaf
Hero

XP
 1%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be more realistic if the items just vanished. the badgers are stupid. also, there should be guards but also there should be a way to get away with things sicne the law cant be perfect and the players need an opportunity to be chaotic.

i just remembered a big problem with badgers. (ive seen this happen too) a rogue can get bitten and go around pickpocketing sicne the victims will assume that its only a tidy badger. i think it was alizee and pete who did this icon_wink.gif
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill say it again being or wanting to create a situation of a server where we are on
a DM drip doees not seem to be a good solution.All I see we need DM events we need more.All i see are people waiting with baited breath for them to happen.Asking when will it start --is there one today-- have I misssed it.Or running like mad to find it...if thats the RP gestapos definition of RP count me out.We need LESS DM events they should be special well thought out bonuses.As it is they have become to many a service on demand.Spoon fed players is that the way to go??.Well many seem to echo that belief .Personally I think players should control events places more it used to work.
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
Gorpie
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 2 / 19 EXP: 2 / 19 EXP: 2 / 19
 10%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh please, if you want to use extreme situations in your arguments go ahead but if you expect me to take them seriously then... umm don't? :S (Let's be clear Im not trying to flame just verbal diarrhoea and a purty little segway into my opinion)

What I think is that you would not be spoon-feeding players with events and that there would be too many, etc of the things you said were negative and think about the positive, if done correctly, it would be mainly driven by the people of Dyso except with the help of a DM you could push situations into something more and special than it already is which can certainly be done. But I agree with you that, large quests that are comparable to saving to world or a princess in distress should be avoided and keep quests more frequent character driven and with less item reward. (Mainly because item reward takes along time to distribute or you get complaints/hitches).

So, less grand DM events, more small character driven quests with no item reward but are instead rewarded with experience so you dont have to PG as much.

Also, if you take out DM events how are people supposed to gain experience?
Oh.. I've got a few...one idea.

:Gorpie:
Psyker
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9
 55%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

keep quests more frequent character driven and with less item reward. (Mainly because item reward takes along time to distribute or you get complaints/hitches)

I think cutting out item distribution events would be a bad idea or everyone would be going around in 'Red Dragon Armour' or 'Venca's Robe' or whatever is best for their class and it would get very tedious. Having item distribution events every time wouldn't be good since non RPers would join in with the event just to collect items.

On a related topic, maybe randomizing item stocks on different merchants would be good, since traders come and go and the stockists run out of stock (ya get what I mean). icon_mrgreen.gif
Psyker
Mortal

XP
EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9
 55%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About realistic guards... those massive guard dogs outside the gates leading to Eleriina valley wouldn't stand a chance against a party of intelligent humans which outnumber and out-smart, yet you see the dogs practically eat the bandit parties on sight. Maybe replace the dogs with realistic human guards with halberds or something icon_surprised.gif

Quote:

and badgers who eat items?

Yeah I'd like to see a real badger eat 38 shurikens of fire weirdlook.gif
Shadowleaf
PostThu 06/12/03 1:46am
Yes totally agreed, Psyker.  Reply with quote

Jibi, Goblin Shaman
Mortal

XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that Player Quests do as much if not more for the gaming environment as a DM event (don't get me wrong I've seen some cool DM events).

I've rp'ed for a LONG time, most of which I have DM'ed and know that some of my best sessions/adventures have been player inspired either by players actively questing for something they desire OR (surprisingly more often) by mis-interpreting certain clues and going in a direction I had not even considered. I realize there are certain limitations to this mod that are code related, but if players use creativity and imagination they can add a lot to the mod.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Shadowleaf
Hero

XP
 1%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have a good point jibi but u need to keep on making new quests t okeep it interesting. otherwise it gets boring with ppl doing the same thing over and over.
Tae
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20
 85%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Whispers in the wind*

This is the best idea I've heard in a while! Yay!

Psyker wrote:

On a related topic, maybe randomizing item stocks on different merchants would be good, since traders come and go and the stockists run out of stock (ya get what I mean). icon_mrgreen.gif

Tae icon_razz.gif
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If everyone stayed IC and didn't go OOC all the time or get mad over dying or whatnot then everyone would be a lot better off... but well, it never fails as soon as you join you get invites and hey wtf dudz0rz constantly... heh...
Shadowleaf
Hero

XP
 1%
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol this is turning into a wishlist hahaha maybe u guys should change the name, remove my first post and make it a sticky icon_biggrin.gif
not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DM events and stuff don't make it fun.

DM events can inspire or enhance RP fun.

Stuff just makes the game cool.

Players make it fun (from within themselves).

DMs don't have funmakers. It seems there should be far less dependence on DM events. I wonder how much people are in it for the reward as much or more so than for the enhanced fun.

Regarding uber and rare items... they are cool. Sometimes I think they should not be so difficult and at the same time so easy to obtain. Some of us can't be on at the right times or often enough to join DM events and get the prizes. So maybe there should be a vendor or a DM-sponsored organization that people know they can go to for purchasing, trading for, or perhaps "earning" such items.

Just a few thoughts...
Pol2
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 6 / 8 EXP: 6 / 8 EXP: 6 / 8
 75%
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i realy be in some cool dm evet.... and someone wil say many..... but one thick ther sucks is some of the player now you ask why BACOUS some of the player, only play rp in a dm evet... in the momet i writh this i just log out after i try make some fun... icon_mad.gif BUT when some see it is me ther a in the dragon they stop play rp and start talk ooc (Green shadow(nemor) icon_evil.gif cussing.gif i can only say i use 1120 xp on try make some fun.. some wil say it is not good but i try make a litte story were i use some wrong power word(it was funne it play play) and it whet wrong im a goblin i maby say the wrong worl so i becom a dragon and when ppl see me Rhar(a good rp after my mind) start rp "oww what is that and all that but" some ppl (green shadow) mees it all up bye start talk ooc i hate that srry im no dm i do not have plot ithem but try play icon_evil.gif that was all thx if you read it

Love Hati
View users profile Send private message Send email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: