DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Roleplaying.....(Please, don't reply if you're only flaming)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliZee' wrote:
i think most of it stems from tha fact that yall come from a PnP background and when you hop on tha internet and come in here you expect it to be tha same or pretty damn similar...well its not...

I tried a PnP game one time with a group of guys about 3 yrs ago. They found out that my character wasn't a good aligned character and two of the guys got up from the table and refused to play until I redid my character. They said it was a "heroic fantasy game" and we should only play good alignments.

*mouth open in shock*

Needless to say, I quit playing with them.

The point of this story is, everyone has a different style. They usually play best with other people that have a similar style.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCore wrote:
What did I say about flaming? Guess you're not reading stuff.....

In any case, I am NOT telling you HOW to roleplay, I am telling you that people should be roleplaying when others are around, could you please act a little less hostile, and act a bit more friendly and actually read what I am saying? I don't like PGing, but I'm not saying it's forbidden. I don't care what you do, as long as you roleplay when others are around who also want to roleplay, this is after all, a roleplay server.

And African Ape, could you shut your assy little immature dumb hole and go insult and ridicule someone else???? YOu are a pathetic little man, if all you can do is insult others in a completely prepostrous and dumb unfounded way taht makes no sense at all. Please, just shut up.
http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4810
So ShadowCore, either throw in some positive feedback and stop the name calling, or you will be person number 2. icon_wink.gif
X
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 16 / 20 EXP: 16 / 20 EXP: 16 / 20
 80%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowcore you are classic...look at this...

Quote:

I am telling you that people should be roleplaying when others are around, could you please act a little less hostile, and act a bit more friendly

You say that.....Then you put this......

Quote:

And African Ape, could you shut your assy little immature dumb hole and go insult and ridicule someone else???? YOu are a pathetic little man, if all you can do is insult others in a completely prepostrous and dumb unfounded way taht makes no sense at all. Please, just shut up.

Lol.....Hypocritical no? icon_lol.gif

Fear is nothing without power
Sariia - A Sister of "The Red Rose"
Eastern Winds - Palidin of Tyr
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I made my point completely clear when I added my two cents the first time:

Quote:
Everyones version of roleplay is different, one way or another. I think PGing is lame as well, but we ALL have done it!

So there! *sticks tongue out* Maybe YOU weren't reading!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jon316
PostSat 06/14/03 7:09pm
*wisely stays out of the whole thing*  Reply with quote

_MJ_
PostSun 06/15/03 12:28am
*thinks its wise to sit next to jon somewhere out of the way on this one*  Reply with quote

African Ape

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCore wrote:
If it doesn't make sense then don't take offense to what I say.
Glorin
PostSun 06/15/03 2:32am
Shadowcore, as a jew and a communist your signature offends me. Can you please change it?  Reply with quote

African Ape
PostSun 06/15/03 2:38am
Yes, I too am deeply hurt by your hate and ignorance.  Reply with quote

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anywho on an on topic note, it the two days i've been back to Dyso i have seen no one Not Rping, infact all I've seen is people roleplaying...So i really don't get what your talking about, Shadowcore...ahh post count, i understand cool.gif
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, it's great... i see people rping all the time, except for one person who i followed invisibly for a while *cry* some dude named drizzt do urden... YES< ANOTHER ONE... *crying* it was horrible, he was a level 3 ranger mindlessly killing bandits...

The dm's need to lockdown on stuff like that, no unorigional names and stuff like all other good rp servers. (A.K.A. No famous FR characters like Drizzt or The Symbul ... reserve those for DM control.)

It's all fun though... ultimately even if I get nothing but a penny, it's fun to play with people, both IC and OOC... though IC is much more fun, and much more obnoxious.

*points to the pictures of william spears in the gallery how he killed him in eleriina*

That moment has touched my life forever, I fell off my chair and nearly died from laughter when that happened. icon_mrgreen.gif
Lord Randall
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11
 90%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He does have a point about roleplaying when people are around, though as has been said from on high, you can't force it. It's actually quite funny that in rants and complaints long gone now, there was an outpouring of people whining about how no one stays in town to try and talk to people, cheer them up, etc.

I made a character who does that. Lord knows he isn't capable of much more THAN that. And all I note is people running by to the portal in El at the speed of light. I'm lucky if someone says hi. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS! Side note: I'd like to thank a certain halfling group and Alizee', as they from the very beginning have always taken time to stop and chat with Gil. That being said, I also know that there are quite a number of you out there that just have never had the chance to meet Gil, so it isn't an attack, merely an observation.

I was going to make a comment about ShadowCore's hypocrisy, but thankfully a few people beat me to the punch. I guess when he said no flaming, he meant no flaming *HIM*, and everyone else was fair game.

What really confuses me is why we have to create a new post every week with someone's cries of "they don't roleplay" or "their roleplay sucks" or "this server really isn't RP it's PG in disguise" or whatever. If half of you spent half as much time PLAYING the mod as you do whining about it, you'd be twice the level you were and not somehow disadvantaged to those bad bad hardcore powergamers, who anymore are really only people who have an incredibly high tolerance for killing the same thing over and over again.

Honestly, WHY ISN'T that the best solution? If the powergamers you're having problems with are spending ALL their time in the crypts, doesn't that leave THE ENTIRE REST OF THE MOD to find RPing people in? As Conrad once said way back, it's only when the two types of players here mix that you run into problems. I'm not saying the PG's have an excuse NOT to roleplay, they ought to be doing it. But if their style of playing is really bothering you, stop subjecting yourself to them, run off and do other things for awhile. Try the Syl. sewers or Topaz or Emerald, visit the El library with some friends, have a picnic in BF, intentionally get lost in the Lost Woods. The only reason you CAN'T do that is because you're a PG too who has to level, despite all your holier than thou claims.
View users profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: