DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Delete chars

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Falcan
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 8 / 11 EXP: 8 / 11 EXP: 8 / 11
 72%
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Delete chars Reply with quote

I was hopeing that you could find some time to delete thease chars i dont need. I was testing out stuff and made a bit to many.

*Rhonin
*Tagg
*Thrall
*Nimbilo
*Neo
*Ron Friday
*Tomb
*Amar Relin
*Andar Zexoza
*Jack
*Mildor Kaller

Thanks, with the exspansion comeing out i need some room for 1 or 2 new chars.

BTW if you need to know my account name is Falcan

Last edited by Falcan on Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
Kindo
PostTue 06/17/03 7:21pm
Send requests regarding charcter deletions to: GorbGuy, Conrad Hollows, Glith, or Bri Hurley.  Reply with quote

Falcan
PostTue 06/17/03 8:15pm
I did that like a month and a half ago and nothing happend  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
PostTue 06/17/03 9:04pm
maybe they just don't like you.  Reply with quote

Falcan
PostTue 06/17/03 10:08pm
O i see, o well then icon_cool.gif  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
PostTue 06/17/03 10:13pm
oh, you can delete all of my characters... Acct. Name GregB05  Reply with quote

Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its simple.... you have to do a persaude roll. icon_rolleyes.gif
-goes In game, does a roll-
Persuade Check, Roll: 20 Modifier: 20= 40 \

Will that do?
Falcan
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 8 / 11 EXP: 8 / 11 EXP: 8 / 11
 72%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still waiting for them chars to get deleted but i guess you can take you time icon_rolleyes.gif
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that does it Norrec!!! your gettin a quiver full of arrows in your arse next time we meet!!!! icon_biggrin.gif
Little Teapot
PostWed 06/25/03 10:16am
have you PM'ed conrad yet?  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't like me, that's for sure. I've PM's Gorb, Bri, and Glith, and still my characters remain.... (of course I don't want ALL mine gone, just most, so I am asking a big favor what with all else they have going on, so just be patient)

Conrad, you're next.....
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Little Teapot
PostWed 06/25/03 4:20pm
conrad's supposed to be the first one... then try the rest...  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

XP
 77%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOH! Crap, I didn't know that! Okay, I'll do it right now.

Thanks, TP. And sorry fer buggin' ya Bri, Gorb 'n' Glith! Keep up tha good work on all the new stuff!
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, honestly, I won't be doing any character deletions for a little bit. We're going to be wiping the vault soon anyways.... oops, did I leak that out! icon_twisted.gif And besides, wiping the vault really doesn't help anyone... just saves on a few hundred kb of disk space.
And before the rumors start to fly, no, I don't believe we will be upgrading to SoU during that time.
Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm just in denial or plain stupid icon_rolleyes.gif But why are we doing a wipe if it's not going to help anyone and just save a few KB's? If you feel inclined to respond is there another reason why we are wiping Gorby?

*starts to cry uncontrollably* "The horror....the agony!" icon_redface.gif

-edited for spelling-
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkshadow666 wrote:
Maybe I'm just in denial or plain stupid icon_rolleyes.gif But why are we doing a wipe if it's not going to help anyone and just save a few KB's? If you feel inclined to respond is there another reason why we are wiping Gorby?

*starts to cry uncontrollably* "The horror....the agony!" icon_redface.gif

-edited for spelling-
More than anything, because of the weirdness that occured with the 1.30 patch. My tendancies force me to believe that it's not so much the flakiness of the patch, as it is the mod itself. But either way, this would eliminate the constant "I get an invalid character screen when I try logging in" complaints. It's also fun to enter in rm d:/nwn/servervault/* -r at the command prompt. But that's just the peccancy in me. icon_twisted.gif
Sep
PostMon 06/30/03 4:11pm
Hehe...like a magician making an entire island disappear with a wave of his hand (stroke of the key).  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

XP
 77%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd bet all my characters - oh wait - my lifetime access to Dyso that it IS the MOD. It wouldn't be the first time that I've heard MOD designers saying they had to fully upgrade to SoU for many many bugs to disappear. I personally experienced this on Arkania. I couldn't pick Circle Kick or Assassin even though I should have been able to, and almost *any* spell would cause body-jumping. Kane upgraded to SoU and *whoosh* - problems solved.

Yes, the "invalid character" thing still happens, but in that case, oh well, tough luck, guess ya gotta make a new one. But those few people having this problem hasn't caused him to wipe everyone's characters!

Not that SoU doesn't come with it's own issues - but the difference b/w full-blown SoU and just the measly 1.30 patch was HUGE. And I was able to continue right where I'd left off with my new character and take the Feat and the Prestige class no problem.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vault wipes are a matter of administrative philosophy above virtually anything else.

Some places never do wipes, let items that were phased or or changed float around out there, etc etc. Or basically believe that once you get to level 20, you should never have to worry about getting to level 20 again unless you start a new character. Some call it "supporting the players" or "players rights" or some other turn of a phrase about how grand and gracious they are (not to mention really smart and kind) to never wipe the vault.

We've never made any allusions (or, for that matter, illusions) to that philosophy here. Periodically the Dyso Vaults get wiped ... has happened a few times in the past and will undoubtedly happen again in the future. The reasons for the wipes are many ... clearing out dead/unused characters and their accounts, eliminating items from the world that were changed or removed, and just levelling the playing field for new people who find themselves dodging arrogant level 18s-20s who think they really run the place and are there just to harass some newbies trying to get on with things.

Sure there are steps that could be taken in a player to player manner to achieve similar goals ... but a) that takes a huge amount of time and b) experience has led us to believe that the general player who has something that they know is "phased out" will hide, duck, and run to avoid giving it up. We don't feel like chasing people over this stuff ... a nice big system enema does the trick and puts everyone in the same boat.
Norrec
PostMon 06/30/03 11:59pm
I dont mind a wipe. Can I keep my Desert Wind +3 tho? I never got to use it icon_cry.gif  Reply with quote

Celestial_Evil
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19
 21%
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darn needed lvl 20 to use the demon claw and now that im finially going to get to it they are going to wipe... thats really tough luck icon_sad.gif
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a... contest, or quest. THat will let 5 selected individuals keep their characters. There should be a limit tho... because if you character is only level 7 or 8 then theres not much point in saveing them right?

By the people! For the people!
Celestial_Evil
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19
 21%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really mad about the whole server wipe bit...I thought it was a really dumb thing since i couldnt think of a reason why they would wipe the characters...At some point I had decided to not come back to dyso when that happens...but after thinking a bit I realized that there are many good things that could come from wiping. The old items being removed is one of them...perhaps a new rping spirit will arise since we will all be newbies again icon_smile.gif And finally the struggle for power may start once more since things may become unstable regarding ic politics...Well I am going to be back when dyso wipes and I hope I enjoy my future time here as much as I did when i first found dyso.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: