DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Goblins..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

Should Goblins continue playing on Dysotopia?
I don't think Goblins should play on Eleriina, unless DM's create a subrace!
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
I think Goblins should be allowed to play, providing they start obeying rules!
67%
 67%  [ 19 ]
Is that a pig flying?
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 28

Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:
Can goblins really be paladins?

no, because Goblins are neutral evil.
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sarah
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 4 / 49 EXP: 4 / 49 EXP: 4 / 49
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shin, they typo because English isnt Hati's or Romi's first language... so calm down k? If you had to speak their language to talk to them, I'm sure youd butcher it badly as well... personally I think theyre doing really well.

Thats my two cents. Keep the change icon_cool.gif
Glorin
PostFri 06/20/03 7:40pm
nice sig shadowleaf  Reply with quote

Romulus II
Mortal

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 3 / 11 EXP: 3 / 11 EXP: 3 / 11
 27%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn was just about to say what Sarah said icon_smile.gif

Anyway i think the gobos are the best personaly. without them to kill id have (watch this for spelling weirdlook.gif ) surcumed to the mindless slaughter of skeles ages ago!
Also a few people seem to be developing ooc grudges with goblins i wont mention names since its so obvious.. attacking on sight with new chars who have never met them ic!
View users profile Send private message
Sarah
Grandmaster

XP
EXP: 4 / 49 EXP: 4 / 49 EXP: 4 / 49
 8%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My character is "Sarah" (yes thats also my real name... I'm original what can I say) a monk.... but I also created a Gobbie "Rayne the Goblin".

I have to say, I have much more fun playing a Goblin... there's like 6 of us now. I figure just as long as the Goblins stay in the rules (side note: its not JUST the Goblins not following rules... I've seen others as well) I don't see a problem with them hanging around. I liked hanging around with them and RP'ing, even when I didnt have my gobbie character *shrugs*. However, I cant play my gobbie character anymore for now, because it's an illegal character *cries* (I had the Greater Swordsmans belt on) *sigh* so goes life.

And as for the Goblins hanging around in Eleriina... well... if Soul Seekers can parade around in Eleriina, then the argument of "the Goblins would never show their faces in a city" doesnt work... because a Soul Seeker wouldn't either. The goblins create conflict, as do those who are playing evil characters. Enjoy the RP. Its fun.

For those that have an occ grudge, well, personally, thats BS. Stay in character, until they wrong you, or you wrong them... and then have at it. If youre a halfling, be prepared to not be liked by the Goblins, and vice versa, because there's a kind of war going on in between the two groups. Still, it's IC.

You don't have to hate the person, its just the race. That's how war works. You don't have a legitimate beef with one person, you have it with the whole culture/race, so you go in, and try to wipe them all out. Right? RIGHT?? haha. ok. Anywho.

Regardless, I cast my vote as "I like the gobbies around no matter what".

Later on yo icon_cool.gif
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Soul Seekers wander to their death in Elerina...So Sarah I agree with you let the Goblins wander to their deaths also....If play monster play it that means you couldnt hang around a city untouched.The Soul seekers you mention cant so why can the Goblins?
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'll act like Hati, I'll PK you everytime I see you, and if you happen to win I'll keep on coming back, PP'ing you during OOC conversations and war, insulting you OOC and IC and then telling everyon I know to kill you on site.

We'll see if you can keep everything IC then.

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shadowleaf
PostSun 06/22/03 3:35am
god Nemor it doesnt matter what the hell you say, the goblins will stay becasue you are allowed to rp any character you want! so deal with it!  Reply with quote

Spears
Grandmaster

XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont agree with the choices you put forward really-

I believe goblins should be free to roam the place... but they should not be expected to obey rules. If they disobey such rules, a caning is in order- they have to aknowledge that.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Sep
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78
 76%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah wrote:
Stay in character, until they wrong you, or you wrong them... and then have at it. If youre a halfling, be prepared to not be liked by the Goblins, and vice versa, because there's a kind of war going on in between the two groups. Still, it's IC.

Killing on sight with a person you have not had an encounter with is against the rules. KOS is crap unless there is a formal declaration of war agreed to by both parties. Refer to the screenshots posted with the agreement between the halfies and gobbos. The Scamps went to great lengths to think the whole war thing out and draw up rules for it. We conferred for several nights before taking any action. And what happened? KOS by a gobbo.

Also in the C.R.O.E., there is a clause "when you die, its over..." (paraphrased). This does not mean, that if you are killed, simply respawn and go right back to kidnapping another character. There was a DM watching at least half of that whole thing, and if the DM saw that and allowed it to happen, well... gather your own conclusions there. I am confident that the DM was not aware of what happened. That is crappy RP. Sure the whole thing was planned out, and I had a lot of fun RPing that day, but one really should be RPing according to the rules.

That said, since those happened, and after all the issues brought up in the forums, I have noticed an improvement. Keep it up and this will be a great epic saga.
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

English isnt my first langauge either, at least I try to not make typo's l ie kt his sortns of ewna jeust lazty to correct thneam lall..

Specially if they are angry they go like SHUDUIBNsdfsnkie2nekl Fuck icon_smile.gif
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowleaf wrote:
god Nemor it doesnt matter what the hell you say, the goblins will stay becasue you are allowed to rp any character you want! so deal with it!

No you are not because the rules make the RP skewed youre allowed to be a Monster BUT others are not allowed to react to monsters ...
You enter any map area with monsters and you will be attacked..yet monsters are allowed to wander round town untouched.Sorry you cant have the great RP when you like it and conveniently forget it when it doesnt suit you.IF the module allows a proper response to Drow and Goblins walking the streets ...fine lets have all types.BUT if it doesnt which is the case to be logical there must be limitations.
Goblins are not known for there sense of civilized behaviour ...au contraire..the reaction of most townsfolk would be to have them run out of town.The local sahopkeepers and taxpayers would be petitioning the Law to do something...That would be the reality in this RP world if we could RP it.We cant so we need artificial constraints OR remove the PvP restrictions.Secondly is it logical Rp wise to have them waylaying outside town disrupting business the flow of travellers...then have them welcomed with open arms at the gates..of course not.The module does not allow the correct RP of such beings in a meaningfull way at present so for RP reasons they should be curtailed .Or they accept a code of practice which includes non entry into major cities.On restart they move straight to the gate and out.In the intrest of good RP are the Gobbies willing to accept this???
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah wrote:
Shin, they typo because English isnt Hati's or Romi's first language... so calm down k? If you had to speak their language to talk to them, I'm sure youd butcher it badly as well... personally I think theyre doing really well.

Thats my two cents. Keep the change icon_cool.gif

Wanna hear my two cents!?!? emot-yum.gif

My first language isnt english either, but I try to do it good... they don't even try... if they get angry you get typo's... and well.... screw it I'm digging up an old topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: