DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

SoU: So do you have it? What do you think?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Show signatures  
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: SoU: So do you have it? What do you think? Reply with quote

Me Likes:
1. TONS of good new spells for ALL around!
2. Some of the new Feats like Circle Kick and Rapid Reloadreally rock!
3. Tumble Skill!
4. Above all, PRESTIGE CLASSES!

Me no likes:
1. Fighters got jipped.
2. No new heads or portraits for characters, only a couple of voices.
3. No new weapons, armor, cloaks, etc. BAH!

Overall, at first glance, it looks like Paladins (and maybe some Clerics) got the best end of the deal. By combining the Spells Divine Favor and Aura of Glory with the Feat Divine Might (or Divine Shield), they can have their Charisma really boost up their damage (and defense). However, Wizards/Sorcs got a whole slew of new Spells that really do give 'em even more punch, and the Feats Expertise and Improved Expertise are huge for them. And Druids not only get lots of new spells, but because of the one named Owl's Insight, I can see Druids and Monks banding together a lot more, if not people Multiclassing the two! But even Bards really benefited, too, since they get not only a couple sweet new spells, but also the Feats Lingering Song and Extra Music!

But yes, the spellcasters won out by a longshot. Fighters and Barbarians get almost nothing except some Feats, 90% of which are just plain worthless past 5th level (thus Barbarians suffer the most since they don't get nearly as many chances to pick Feats). I'd say Great Cleave, Improved Initiative, Resistance to Energy, and maybe a couple others are nice. Oh, and the Tumble skill can boost your AC, but only a little bit.

Monks, Rogues, and Rangers, however, do alright. There are three of Feats which increase Initiative, and of course the new Feat Stealthy can be nice. Rangers also have their new spells. Monks will love Great Cleave but especially Circle Kick. Rogues have Trap creation. Also, Monks and Rogues greatly benefit from the Tumble skill, which not only means they don't (necessarily) need Mobility or the new Spring Attack Feat, but they also get a healthy AC boost.

Of course, Monks and Rogues will REALLY shine when mixed with Assassin, Shadowdancer, and maybe Blackguard. The Prestige Classes are by far IMHO the saving grace of SoU - er, with the exception of Harper Scout, but maybe that's just me. Anyway, they will definitely give those who like pure fighters *something* really worthwhile to play with, and the fact that you can now multiclass without the threat of XP penalty should really spice things up for everyone!
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Norrec
PostThu 06/19/03 8:24pm
Can you post a little more on druids? icon_mrgreen.gif  Reply with quote

Falcan
PostThu 06/19/03 10:02pm
Just 2 more days and i should have mine icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

XP
 77%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Druid Stuff Reply with quote

All there really is that is Druid Specific is spells. Now, these are from the manual, so take with a little salt:

Level 0:
Flare - A target suffers -1 to attack rolls.

Level 1:
Magic Fang - The caster's animal companion gains a +1 to hit and damage (and I think making it hit as with a +1 weapon).
Camouflage - The caster gains a +10 to Hide.

Level 2:
One With the Land - The caster gains a +4 to Animal Empathy, Hide, Move Silently, and Set Trap.
Blood Frenzy - The caster gains a +2 to STR and CON and a +1 to Will, while suffering a -1 to AC.

Level 3:
Greater Magic Fang - The caster's animal companion gains a +1 to hit and damage for every 3 levels of the caster, to a max of +5.
Spike Growth - Covers the terrain with small spikes. Any creature suffers 1d4 damage each round that they remain within the area. These spikes can damage victims' legs, so that even once they are free of the growth, their movement rate is slowed for 1 day (and I hear this stacks so you can really bring people to a crawl).
Quillfire - A target takes 1d8 damage, +1 per 2 levels of the caster to a max of +5, plus is inflicted with Scorpion Venom.

Level 4:
Mass Camouflage - All allies in the area of effect gain a +10 to Hide.

Level 5:
Owl's Insight - The target gains a bonus to Wisdom equal to half the caster's level (helloooo Druid/Monks).
Inferno - Each round, the target suffers 2d6 points of fire damage.

Level 6:
Drown - If the target fails the saving throw, it takes 90% of it's HP in damage (golems and other nonliving creatures cannot be drowned).

Level 8:
Sunburst - The caster causes a brilliant explosion, doing 1d6 damage per caster level to all Undead creatures, to a max of 25d6, or 6d6 damage to creatures that are not undead. Vampires are instantly destroyed if they fail a Relex saving throw. All enemies in the area must also make a Reflex save or be permanently blinded (must be removed magically).
Bombardment - Rocks fall from the sky, doing 1d8 damage per caster level, max 10d8, to all enemies in the area.

Level 9:
Earthquake - The caster causes a massive earthquake around himself, causing 1d6 damage per caster level to all around him, to a max of 10d6 to all creatures in the area. The caster is unaffected.
Sep
PostFri 06/20/03 5:18pm
Why does the level 9 do less damage than the level 8?  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

XP
 77%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a damn good question. Like I said, this is from the manual, so those numbers could be wrong, or, maybe Earthquake also has a chance to knock enemies to the ground (it should, dontcha think?).
Sep
PostFri 06/20/03 5:21pm
Love that manual!  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, earhtquake says all creatures, and bombardment all enemies, maybe that's it.....

Although that would make earthquake WORSE instead of better...hrmmm..
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sep
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78
 76%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earthquake
Evocation
Level: Clr 8, Destruction 8, Drd 9, Earth 7
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
Area: 5 ft./level radius (S)
Duration: 1 round
Saving Throw: See text
Spell Resistance: No
When the character casts earthquake, an intense but highly localized tremor rips the ground. It knocks creatures down, collapses structures, opens cracks in the ground, and more. The shock lasts 1 round, during which time creatures on the ground canít move or attack. Spellcasters on the ground must make Concentration checks (DC 20 + spell level) or lose any spells they try to cast. The earthquake affects all terrain, vegetation, structures, and creatures in the area. The exact effects depend on the terrain and its features:
Cave, Cavern, or Tunnel: The spell collapses the roof, dealing 8d6 points of damage to any creature caught under the cave-in (Reflex half DC 15). An earthquake cast on the roof of a very large cavern could also endanger those outside the actual area but below the falling debris.
Cliffs: They crumble, causing a landslide that travels horizontally as far as it fell vertically. An earthquake cast at the top of a 100-foot cliff would sweep 100 feet outward from the base of the cliff. Any creature in the path sustains 8d6 points of damage (Reflex half DC 15).
Open Ground: All creatures standing in the area must make Reflex saving throws (DC 15) or fall down. Fissures open in the ground, and every creature on the ground has a 25% chance to fall into one (Reflex save DC 20 to avoid the fissure). At the end of the spell, all fissures grind shut, killing any creatures still trapped within.
Structure: Most structures standing on open ground collapse, dealing 8d6 points of damage to those caught within or beneath the rubble (Reflex half DC 15).
River, Lake, or Marsh: Fissures open underneath the water, draining away the water from that area and forming muddy ground. Soggy marsh or swampland becomes quicksand for the duration of the spell, sucking down creatures and structures. Creatures must make Reflex saving throws (DC 15) or sink down in the mud and quicksand. At the end of the spell, the rest of the body of water rushes in to replace the drained water, possibly drowning those caught in the mud.
View users profile Send private message
Marquis Drayfox
PostFri 06/20/03 6:11pm
LOL its too bad that Neverwinter couldn't act like that! =)  Reply with quote

Sep
PostFri 06/20/03 6:19pm
Yeah... cant wait to get a Holo-deck and play D&D.  Reply with quote

Shadowleaf
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65
 1%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they halfassed it but it still kicks ass. the good thing is that patches will add more stuff icon_biggrin.gif , unlike other games for the pc
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
dreamin'
PostFri 06/20/03 6:44pm
and if I had a holodeck, I surely wouldn't waste it for playing DnD icon_mrgreen.gif  Reply with quote

Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sep wrote:
Earthquake
Evocation
Level: Clr 8, Destruction 8, Drd 9, Earth 7
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
Area: 5 ft./level radius (S)
Duration: 1 round
Saving Throw: See text
Spell Resistance: No
When the character casts earthquake, an intense but highly localized tremor rips the ground. It knocks creatures down, collapses structures, opens cracks in the ground, and more. The shock lasts 1 round, during which time creatures on the ground canít move or attack. Spellcasters on the ground must make Concentration checks (DC 20 + spell level) or lose any spells they try to cast. The earthquake affects all terrain, vegetation, structures, and creatures in the area. The exact effects depend on the terrain and its features:
Cave, Cavern, or Tunnel: The spell collapses the roof, dealing 8d6 points of damage to any creature caught under the cave-in (Reflex half DC 15). An earthquake cast on the roof of a very large cavern could also endanger those outside the actual area but below the falling debris.
Cliffs: They crumble, causing a landslide that travels horizontally as far as it fell vertically. An earthquake cast at the top of a 100-foot cliff would sweep 100 feet outward from the base of the cliff. Any creature in the path sustains 8d6 points of damage (Reflex half DC 15).
Open Ground: All creatures standing in the area must make Reflex saving throws (DC 15) or fall down. Fissures open in the ground, and every creature on the ground has a 25% chance to fall into one (Reflex save DC 20 to avoid the fissure). At the end of the spell, all fissures grind shut, killing any creatures still trapped within.
Structure: Most structures standing on open ground collapse, dealing 8d6 points of damage to those caught within or beneath the rubble (Reflex half DC 15).
River, Lake, or Marsh: Fissures open underneath the water, draining away the water from that area and forming muddy ground. Soggy marsh or swampland becomes quicksand for the duration of the spell, sucking down creatures and structures. Creatures must make Reflex saving throws (DC 15) or sink down in the mud and quicksand. At the end of the spell, the rest of the body of water rushes in to replace the drained water, possibly drowning those caught in the mud.

icon_eek.gif Is there anyway that could be scripted or something? That would be.... icon_eek.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_twisted.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Sep
PostFri 06/20/03 6:58pm
Holo-deck or real-life is the only way youre gonna see that.  Reply with quote

Norrec
PostFri 06/20/03 6:59pm
My Xbox could do it.... icon_mrgreen.gif  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
PostFri 06/20/03 7:15pm
Actually, yeah you could script it, but you wouldn't be using the graphics for it. You would just be using instant death etc. for it.  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
PostFri 06/20/03 7:21pm
yes.. you can write a script for it... and it wouldn't be a terribly difficult one... just long.  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostFri 06/20/03 8:52pm
mega long  Reply with quote

African Ape
PostSat 06/21/03 2:10am
I LIKES IT  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostSat 06/21/03 2:14am
I do too lets implement that  Reply with quote

BriHurley
The Lord of Kravenwood Estates

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41
 34%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget there is a Dubisoft Test SoU running the latest Dyos mod with some SoU stuff in it. I have it running on a PIII 600mnz 512mb ram so it should hold up pretty good. I would like to stress test so those with SoU come to thor.d2g.com:5121 and help test!!!!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd love to, but it isn't out in europe till next friday!!!
insert massive flame here
cussing.gif cussing.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

2. No new heads or portraits for characters, only a couple of voices.

OK that pisses me off. I wanted more customisations! And I bet you the new voices suck just as bad as the others anyway.
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo, be happy, you'll get more voices soon. Soon meaning: when I get a copy of SoU(I've decided I'll actually buy it!) and can look at the dialog.tlk and soundset.2ds files to see what modifications I have to make...hurray.

Hmm, for those of you who DO have SoU, how's singleplayer??
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo_Core wrote:
i'd love to, but it isn't out in europe till next friday!!!
insert massive flame here
cussing.gif cussing.gif

Who lives in Europe and already bought three copies of SoU? That's right, me icon_lol.gif
Just find a nice store that sells imported versions at a reasonable price (I paid 39Ä per box, wouldn't have touched the localized german version anyways icon_wink.gif )
James Kendall
PostSat 06/21/03 3:01pm
How come I can't join the dyso server?? (I don't have SoU)  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ofcourse, you need to first have a store near that sells em.

And why..why..why OH WHY have you bought three copies.

Maybe you need to update, james?
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought three copies to make bioware feel the love, cause all they get is ranting and bitching from you people icon_mrgreen.gif

Nah, the day marine posted that he's playing with two copies on two pc's simultanously I decided that i need three copies to play on three pcs...
weirdlook.gif
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ä39 is damned expensive for a game that will cost Ä25...here atleast.

And yeah, you have all spoken about how cool prestige classes and the new feats are. But...how...is...single...player...campaign...compared...to...NWN?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: