DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Invalid Character - Player login refused after SoU update

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Tiarella Jones~
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20
 35%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Invalid Character - Player login refused after SoU update Reply with quote

I just installed the SoU expansion pack and then attempted to login to Dyso Secondery with my character.

I was unable to login and was presented with a dialog box that said:

Invalid character - Player login refused. Item equipped with an "item level" disallowed by server restrictions.

I don't know what caused this, (and I'm not trying to use a hacked character icon_smile.gif ). I was able to login with a different character without problems from the same client so I don't think it is my install. Seems something is up with my server vault character. My last successful login was early in the week so I know it used to work ok before the expansion pack install. Also - I was able to connect to the new SoU server that is running without problems.

Please help! Thanks!

Tiarella Jones~
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Bri (or was it Gorb? - sorry) posted in the Official Announcements, this is because they lifted the default DR on items by a few levels with SoU. So if you have something equipped that you needed to be Level 7 for, like a Greater Swordsmen's Belt, and you are Level 7, well now with SoU the DR is like 10, so it's invalid on your character. This should NOT happen with customized items, I think.

They just need to find what items these are and fix them. Fortunately, BioWare figured this was going to happen, and fixed the bug that used to trash your character if you tried to join a game with an "illegally equipped" item.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Invalid Character - Player login refused after SoU upda Reply with quote

Tiarella Jones~ wrote:
I just installed the SoU expansion pack and then attempted to login to Dyso Secondery with my character.

Please help! Thanks!

Tiarella Jones~

omgs!!! Tia!!!
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
DarkDigger
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9
 66%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Have the same problem as you guys

I was fighting in the sewers against the glather lord, then I had a instand death with no reason (i did'nt do anything unuseal), Then I told Falkhor(DM) about this problem end he raised me, Then I Died again end also lowerd a level at the same time,

Anyway the problem is that I have a ring (Spell Absortion LvL20 only) end I lowerd A level(to 19) so I'm normaly not able to carry the ring end I can't log in now,

He sais:
" Invalid character - Player login refused. Item equipped with an "item level" disallowed by server restrictions. "
Or something like that,

My Log in name is: Darkie 0
My Char Name is: Angel of Light

Last edited by DarkDigger on Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are more threads like this one. The character handling guy (Conrad) doesn't feel like going in on everybody's character and remove the item and stuff. Since there are like a billion guys having the same problem, he would probably go nuts after a while. So, you just have to create a new character. Hopefully we'll have a vault wipe soon anyways.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Little Teapot
PostWed 06/25/03 11:00pm
yes. I agree with stinkoman.
[whisper]hey kindo, are you in on the council of doom thing?[/whisper]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: