DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

anti game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Ogt
PostSun 06/22/03 7:55pm
KINDO DU ÄR CP

kindo you fool, this is not diablo 2, so keep your opinions for yourself!!!

HURRAY TO Y !!!!!!

Timmy
Mortal

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 6 / 11 EXP: 6 / 11 EXP: 6 / 11
 54%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm well...i totally agree with Y.i know alot of people that have bags filled with just bullets,rings.etc...(etc there means what goes under the term disposable junk in the croe about pp'ing)

To be IC with this you can think about who the hell would carry nine million bullets to hope that a certain person trying to steal would steal those instead of anthing else.if so...why isn't it done today?why don't we walk around with fake $ just so that we can hope someone gets the wrong stuff...

It's very lame and a very bad rp part...

all you need to do is use cross classed skill and add them on spot...and if it's a class skill well then lucky you..

so please.let's not keep up with this lame way to ensure your treasure,let's try to remember that this infact...belive it or not...is FRGGIN GAME!!!!

that's about it.

umm one more thing..Ogt sounds like a cs guy..

Kindo skal få igjen på d2 for den lille saken der han trodde jeg pp'a han icon_smile.gif
Drudley
PostSun 06/22/03 8:29pm
Ummm, DMs can in the future/now look into PCs inventories, SIMPLY KILL THE LAMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!  Reply with quote

dreamin'
PostSun 06/22/03 8:41pm
bah, replace the bolts/bullets/arrows with orbs of pain and love at the next login  Reply with quote

Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmy wrote:
why isn't it done today?why don't we walk around with fake $ just so that we can hope someone gets the wrong stuff...

You see, here's the deal. Today, we have something called law enforcement. They go around and arrest people who steal from others, and throw them in jail, and get the stolen property returned. Dysotopia doesn't have these.
So, what would we do today if there were no law enforcement? Why we'd put our stuff in a safe place, like a nice secure bank, with its own security guards... OH WAIT, dysotopia doesn't have one of those either! I guess we'll have to put it inside our locked house, where we hired trustworthy guards to watch over it! NO?!! None of those either???

Well crap, I'll have to carry all my valuables. And since I have to carry my stuff, you can be damn sure I'll come up with a way to protect them.
And since I can't afford orbs of pain, I'll use the ones that don't cause pain when they're grabbed, sling stones.
Aronthal
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 5 / 27 EXP: 5 / 27 EXP: 5 / 27
 18%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timmy wrote:
To be IC with this you can think about who the hell would carry nine million bullets to hope that a certain person trying to steal would steal those instead of anthing else.if so...why isn't it done today?why don't we walk around with fake $ just so that we can hope someone gets the wrong stuff...

No, IRL we would do other things to ensure our property does not get stolen. For example carry your money in your front pocket insted of a rear pocket, don't carry things you don't want stolen with you, put your valuables in a safe, or a bank, or a safe deposit box, etc. etc. etc.

Unfortunately NWN and/or Dyso do not provide these options to protect your valuables. So like many things in NWN we have to mimic it. For example loading up your invo with non-valuable things.

In both cases, both IRL and in game, the end result is the same. We are trying to reduce the odds that something valuable will get stolen. I think invo stacking is a legitamate way in order to achieve this.

But then again I don't realy care all that much, because I don't play NWN all that much any more, and Dyso (unfortunately) even less.

Far be it from me however to pass up the opportunity to point out an ill concieved argument.

P.S. I think it is time to start adding some realism into the server.

First, I think all wizards should have to start carying spell components. Just because NWN doesn't use em doesn't mean we shouldn't enforce that rule.

Second, I think all thieves should be prevented from stealing anything that is not actualy pp-able. (i.e something that came from a pocket, or maybe a pouch, but certanly not a backpack)

Third, clerics should actualy have to pray for their spells, with a percantage chance that their god does not honor their prayers.

Fourth, people should not be able to sleep in armor, I mean come on that's just painful.

Fifth, No one with a strenght less than 50 should be able to carry around more than 1 set of armor, a shield, and a couple weapons. Lets be realistic, even if you could carry it, it would be surrounding your character like a junk heap.

Hmm I'm sure I can think up a few more idiotic ideas to go along with the theme of this thread, but I guess I'll stop there. naughty.gif icon_ignore.gif
View users profile Send private message
Ariia
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25
 40%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCore wrote:
Y, give a straight answer, or I will seriously try to get you banned.
Seriously, this is bullshit, we have a right to know why, and you have NO right to act like this without giving us a reason, or at least consulting with others.

You've been here longer than a lot of people, and you can't figure it out, maybe you're sitting to close the powersupply in your pc.

Well, Gee, I haven't been around Dyso as much as I used to, been pretty busy avoiding all this kind of crap that has irritated me so much in last few months. People bitch and whine about EVERYTHING and then someone finally try's to do something about it, and he gets in trouble for it?
I'm pretty sure most of you have an intell over 10 so it shouldn't be too hard for you to figure out why Y said this in the first place.
Its ok to bitch about something to a dm, but when they tell everyone to get thier act together and smarten up they are the bad guys? Or is it just the fact you all have nothing better to do with your time than pick fights?

This is exactly one of the reason's Dyso's community is so damn hostile.

And Malakalam has a VERY good point, no safe places in dyso, houses, banks, etc.....thats why poeple use tricks like this one. And the DM can only do so much.

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aronthal wrote:
Third, clerics should actualy have to pray for their spells, with a percantage chance that their god does not honor their prayers.

Fourth, people should not be able to sleep in armor, I mean come on that's just painful.

Fifth, No one with a strenght less than 50 should be able to carry around more than 1 set of armor, a shield, and a couple weapons. Lets be realistic, even if you could carry it, it would be surrounding your character like a junk heap.

Ok, 1st of all, unless Clerics have REALLY done something to piss off their god (Killed someone important) then nothing will happen to their Memorization

2) They DO have rules enforcing this in D&D, you just get a -2 on Dex/Str, and cannot charge or run. that day. that's IF the armor has an ACP of -5 or worse.

and 3) Since NWN doesn't feature personal Pack animals or carts for carrying treasure as many adventurers would (hell, a donkey or mule costs 8GP... 8!!!) they compensated with a gigantic inventory. some may argue that 10 gems are not 1/6 the size as armor...

Also, Ariia: Remember: Y made this decision without consulting any DM's, Moderators or Admins AT ALL (as far as the evidence provided, and Y's on admission).
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aronthal
Master

XP
 18%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Teapot wrote:

Ok, 1st of all, unless Clerics have REALLY done something to piss off their god (Killed someone important) then nothing will happen to their Memorization

Maybe I should edit my post and add [sarchasm] [/sarchasm] tags around the proposed changes. I didn't think I was being overly subtle, but please if anyone even remotely considers taking those "suggestions" seriously, then please do the following.

1. If you do not already own fishing gear, please go out and purchase it.

2. Find a place to go fishing and keep at it until you catch at least one fish; preferably trout.

3. Go home and prepare your cooking gear (please purchase this along with the fishing gear if needed). Also find a recipee for cooking your recent catch. (again trout works best).

4. Put away your cooking supplies. They were not realy needed, they were just a red herring. (pun intended).

5. Bury your fish in the backyard. Make sure you get it nice and deep, so that a scavenger does not get it.

6. Wait about 2 or 3 days. Long enough for the fish to get realy ripe, but not long enough for it to decompose.

7. Dig up the fish and repeatedly slap your self with it. Continue doing so until the combined putrid smell and concusive blows cause you to loose consciousness.

8. Regain consciousness, take a shower (please!), and repeat as needed.

icon_cool.gif
Y

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Y made this decision without consulting any DM's, Moderators or Admins AT ALL (as far as the evidence provided, and Y's on admission).

This aint for you do discuss. i am affraid. the fact that i dont have admin power on the bord dont have any thing to do with fairplay enforcement.

I dont remind my selft hearing scream last time an admin toke action without consulting the rest of the team?

so what is is personal?
Uin
PostSun 06/22/03 9:53pm
How come I'm booted from the mod team and Y isn't?

The Admins work in mysterious ways...

Hurin
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I totally agree with Y. Your all idiots if you believe running around with 1000000 bullets is a good thing. One thing I am noticing is it's the same usual whinny people giving Y grief. Why dont you all do Dyso a favor and just leave! Everytime you start making flamming posts it hurts Dyso's name. And I'll be truthful when I say Dyso's name has seriously been marred......and I blame you whinny people.
Oh and Shadowcore.....your one of the most abnoxious people on these forums! Telling Y you'll get him banned because you cant figure out what he is trying to say is plain stupid. icon_idea.gif I've an idea, how about we all get together and get Shadowcore banned for all the flamming, badmouthing, and spamming he's done!
icon_evil.gif Come on people, grow the hell up! You just wrecked an awsome server with all the BS you pull off. I truly feel bad for you Gorb, putting up with all these whinny badmouthing people.
Hurin
Master

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uin wrote:
How come I'm booted from the mod team and Y isn't?

The Admins work in mysterious ways...

Well, I'm not sure of the reason why you where booted Uin, but Y is a good DM. The first time he tries to crack down on bone headed people, he get's flammed. And as for consulting with the other DM's, I'm sure they are intelligent enough to figure out what Y is talking about.

COME ON PEOPLE!! GROW UP!!!
James Kendall
PostSun 06/22/03 10:06pm
James Kendall withdraws his comment.  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I want damn rules against lame bullet-stacking aswell. But that isn't the point here. The point here is that Y has come up with the rule all by himself and is threatening to delete any characters not applying to that rule.
Hurin
Master

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:
Yes, I want damn rules against lame bullet-stacking aswell. But that isn't the point here. The point here is that Y has come up with the rule all by himself and is threatening to delete any characters not applying to that rule.

icon_evil.gif Cry harder Kindo....C'mon lets see some real good whinny tears... icon_evil.gif

You know what, I've seen many DM's do things without consulting the other Dm's...In fact that's what makes a DM so handy. Y 's idea is very benificial to the server.....why are you complaining? icon_confused.gif
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogt and Hurin, please go here:

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4696

Griff
Aronthal
Master

XP
 18%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurin wrote:
Well, I totally agree with Y. Your all idiots if you believe running around with 1000000 bullets is a good thing.

I like to think that I am a fairly intelligent person and a good judge of character. Fortunaltely statements like these never cease to humble me. icon_smile.gif
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having my backpack filled with 1000000 bullets is not realistic? You mean if I can afford to buy that many and fill my cup till it overfloweth, then I just shouldn't because you say so?

Having my backpack filled with 1000000 bullets isn't good RP? You mean if I don't want to have something stolen then I shouldn't find a way to hide them by buring them under 1000000 bullets?

Yes, very unrealistic and bad RP. icon_neutral.gif You know what? I don't think I've seen a single Rogue player post something in this thread about how bad this idea is...
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow a lot of pissed off people... I've never seen this before icon_rolleyes.gif . Personally I have no real interest in this topic, but I would like to add that Malakalam has made about the only decent point in this topic. For those who didn't read it or couldn't remember it, I quoted part of it below. He is correct these bullets have taken the place of law enforcement in this community. I can understand why people carry all of those bullets, and also why it's so damned annoying. However, I further believe that this practice remains popular since the players have no possible recourse when they have been stolen from other than to kill the perpetrator or let him/her go free. Since retribution is not always possible, or violence is outside the character's personality, players have to stoop to prevention through the use of detterants such as bullets.

A solution I propose to this problem is the formation of a dedicated body of players who are willing to act as a court system in order for players to have a new option for dealing with thieves. If thieves are punished for thieving, as they should be, then perhaps the commonality of this bullet stacking strategy will decrease along with the instances of theft.

These are just my opinions however. Please resume the bickering and swearing, good day all.

Quote:

You see, here's the deal. Today, we have something called law enforcement. They go around and arrest people who steal from others, and throw them in jail, and get the stolen property returned. Dysotopia doesn't have these.
So, what would we do today if there were no law enforcement? Why we'd put our stuff in a safe place, like a nice secure bank, with its own security guards... OH WAIT, dysotopia doesn't have one of those either! I guess we'll have to put it inside our locked house, where we hired trustworthy guards to watch over it! NO?!! None of those either???
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He threatens to delete (well, he can't do that...but let's say strip all chars of exp and items is the next best thing, and almost as good as deletion) character if we don't follow the rule he made up on his own. Well if this is what you want it to be, then oh my god I could have fun with my DM powers. Damnit all, can't you see how stupid this is?
Ng'ree
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 12 / 14 EXP: 12 / 14 EXP: 12 / 14
 85%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some solutions would be to make Orbs of pain less expensive or to make items above a certain value impossible to steal.

giving weight to bullets/arrows is also a good idea but it also hurts the chars that are usually not as strong (those who usually use bows and slings to fight with) since these items do not generate the same damage as most other weapons it usually takes more of them to kill a monster.

It takes a long time to evolve a char especially those who were created before the XP were upped this allos me to understand why some ppl get mad when they hear char deletion this action is to my mind worse than a ban of even a few weeks only a permanent ban is a higher sanction.

Y you have some good ideas but to be honest when I read your post I got PO'ed my char uses arrows quite a bit and collects magical bullets to give away to lower level ppl all you said was to get rid of bullets and arrows or face char deletion and added just because I say so I never read in your post those of you who carry extreme amounts (or more then 20 or 30 sets) as a DM please be considerate of your target audience.

Gnobi Chaos Moon Clan
Stupidest Gobo on Dyso
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are good arguments for and against this idea. I myself am neither for or against it. On the one hand, it means I can have a higher chance of getting something valuable, but then on the other hand it's hardly fair to disallow ranged players their ammunition, and if players want to protect themselves more against pickpocket, then let them do it. Eventually the rogue will get something good, always happens. Filling your inventory with bullets just delays the process, and gives you more chances to spot the thief.

The main thing is Y has approached the situation the wrong way. We as moderators and DMs cannot make up new rules whenever it suits us. We make open suggestions in the moderator forum and discuss the issues thoroughly as a team before allowing/disallowing a new rule. And Y skipped this part and went straight ahead with enforcing the rule. It is this that a lot of us didn't like, not the rule.

Griff
James Kendall
PostMon 06/23/03 12:40am
I love you Yriff  Reply with quote

Ariia
Master

XP
 40%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nei wrote:

A solution I propose to this problem is the formation of a dedicated body of players who are willing to act as a court system in order for players to have a new option for dealing with thieves. If thieves are punished for thieving, as they should be, then perhaps the commonality of this bullet stacking strategy will decrease along with the instances of theft.

Why? so there is yet ANOTHER group of players that everyone else can bitch and complain about? I thought there was a group for this? The white guard or whatever they call themselves.?! All it will do is give more people "power" that they can abuse and powertrip on. There are to many guilds and such in dyso as it is, don't you think thats why everyone has a problem with everyone else? to many people having higher positions, causeing grief with others. The Dyso community is overrun with powertrippers and complainers. Making yet another guild type group will just intensify the problem.

Edit: Use the guilds you already have, don't make new ones.

Last edited by Ariia on Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total
Ariia
Master

XP
 40%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griff Inn wrote:

The main thing is Y has approached the situation the wrong way. We as moderators and DMs cannot make up new rules whenever it suits us. We make open suggestions in the moderator forum and discuss the issues thoroughly as a team before allowing/disallowing a new rule. And Y skipped this part and went straight ahead with enforcing the rule. It is this that a lot of us didn't like, not the rule.

Y's statement was a warning, I didn't hear of him actually taking action YET. Is there anyone that can HONESTLY say he took action? Because if not, I READ it as a warning, and when people get heated over arguements, or when DM's see players doin things like this after they whine and complain about playing fair, Tempers start to flare. Perhaps it was a bit rushed, but a warning nonetheless.

Hurin
Master

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griff Inn wrote:
Ogt and Hurin, please go here:
http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4696
Griff

What's wrong Griff, jelous? Grow up and help out your fellow DM's/Mods. People are stating right here in the forums that the DM's should have been consulted, and well guess what...you have just been consulted! Now why arent you acting like DM's and helping this server out? Your bashing another DM right here on the forums...which is making the game look bad. Here's an idea, next time PM the other DM and try working together. Y just gave an idea...USE IT !!
Everytime the DM's/Mods start saying negative things about each other in these forums, the reputation of the server goes down even more. People in the NWN communities that know about Dyso know about the arguements that go on. You should be helping each other, not bashing each other! icon_sad.gif

James Kendall wrote:
I love you Yriff

Hehe...check out that link James....before they classify you like me. By the way, is that a way of complimenting them both? icon_wink.gif (j/k)

So, you people dont think this is such a good idea. Well then why dont we get someone like Gorb to respond seeing as how you all believe how serious this issue is. A few of you are saying that we're missing the point...that Y didnt have any right to do this. Now if you read his statements you will see that he meant a few people specifically...in fact THATS WHAT HE SAID! He didn't say he was going to delete everyone that carries arrows or bullets! In fact I believe he was a good person not to mention thier names and try to humiliate them. A few of you agree that holding enough bullets to fill your inventory right up is insane, why aren't we going after those people that wish to do this. And for those that wish to say this is a way of keeping your items safe from thieves, why are you playing then? Thievery is a part of the D&D game...otherwise rogues would not have been included. And if you are PP'ed to the extreme and the thief is taking it to far...take a screen shot and send a PM to a DM so they may straighten this out. As for not being able to have any safe area's to store anything...it's all part of the risk that comes with playing on Dyso. If your so worried about being stolen from, stay in Elerina.

Last edited by Hurin on Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total
Shadowleaf
Hero

XP
EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65
 1%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sep wrote:
F.Y.I.

Included in the 1.30 patch readme notes:

"DM Client:
=-=-=-=-=-
- DM's can now open and modify any inventory, including players. They can give items, take them away, or equip and unequip them. Its pretty sweet!"

ok im thinking of leaving dyso until Y isnt a DM anymore, seriously, Y, You just arent makign sence, acting drunk or something (did Y always have such bad spelling?)... i dotn want YOU to have access to my inventory.... no wait, if Y ever logs on i log off. thats what ill do.
Hurin
Master

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_twisted.gif Ok Shadowleaf...CYA!! One more basher off the list. Calling Y drunk? Come on, personal attacks are just unwarranted in this case. Y is doing something good for the server...Why dont you people understand?!?! And as for looking in the inventory, I'ts a good idea if the DM is to help identify thieves....that way people dont stalk up on bullets, dont ya think?
Gorb I do hope you respond to this soon as this post is getting very much out of hand.
Shadowleaf
Hero

XP
EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65
 1%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurin wrote:
icon_twisted.gif Ok Shadowleaf...CYA!! One more basher off the list. Calling Y drunk? Come on, personal attacks are just unwarranted in this case. Y is doing something good for the server...Why dont you people understand?!?! And as for looking in the inventory, I'ts a good idea if the DM is to help identify thieves....that way people dont stalk up on bullets, dont ya think?
Gorb I do hope you respond to this soon as this post is getting very much out of hand.

no hurin, read my WHOLE post, im NOT leaving. i will leave the server any time i see Y log in as a DM though.

ok so hurin, you think Y means only a few ppl? well Y, mayeb if YOU said it yourself clearly so ppl dont missunderstand or are unsure of what u meant, just varify what huin said and ill be happy. but if you really do mean everyone then i am sticking to what i previously said
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: