DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

anti game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...Hurin, you say that the mods/dms have been consulted now. I mean, omg, I don't think you see the seriousness of this thing. Y threatens to punish anyone not obeying his rules. DMs cannot take such "freedom". Rules, that without obediance results in punishment of some kind, MUST be discussed and decided amongst the Mods/DMs first (except for Mitch and Brian of course). Y cannot do this. It's wrong. I am not saying that the actual rule is wrong, but his acting is completely...wrong.

Oh and for you guys coming with other suggestions or whatever...did you forget that Y forbid you to have any sort of discussion about it? He's gonna mess up your chars for this. Oh my!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shadowleaf
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65
 1%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:
OK...Hurin, you say that the mods/dms have been consulted now. I mean, omg, I don't think you see the seriousness of this thing. Y threatens to punish anyone not obeying his rules. DMs cannot take such "freedom". Rules, that without obediance results in punishment of some kind, MUST be discussed and decided amongst the Mods/DMs first (except for Mitch and Brian of course). Y cannot do this. It's wrong. I am not saying that the actual rule is wrong, but his acting is completely...wrong.

Oh and for you guys coming with other suggestions or whatever...did you forget that Y forbid you to have any sort of discussion about it? He's gonna mess up your chars for this. Oh my!

he doesnt have access to the server vault does he? so ill just log off whenever hes on as a DM.
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, as it has been said...he's doing this on his own. So he can't access your character off-game. But he can mess it up in-game. Like stripping off items, removing levels etc. Which more or less is the same as deleting a character. I mean, who's going to start over when you've got your level down to 1 again and all items removed?

Oh well...still waiting to hear what the guys have to say about this. What will happen and such.
Hurin
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowleaf wrote:

ok so hurin, you think Y means only a few ppl? well Y, mayeb if YOU said it yourself clearly so ppl dont missunderstand or are unsure of what u meant, just varify what huin said and ill be happy. but if you really do mean everyone then i am sticking to what i previously said

Y wrote:
dont be an insult to your inteligence, or to mine. you people know who you are.

icon_exclaim.gif I would think this means the people stacking thier inventories full of items to avoid being pp'ed by thieves.....is that clear enough for you Shadowleaf? It's not hard to see that a few people have been caught doing this and he is refering to them. And for him not stating why....why should he? You would all find another reason to complain about this. And as for him going into your char. and deleting everything on you...GROW UP!!! Do you really think starting some mass hystaria about DM's going in and deleting Characters is really going to help things? Guess what, ALL the DM's have that power....so you might as well not log in at all Shadowleaf because I'm sure they'll all look into your inventory. One thing to remember people...this is a game. What reason would Y have to wreck peoples fun. From what I know about him, he enjoys playing along with the characters....He's not out to screw you around. If your so concerend about DM's going into your inventory, why dont you all just PM poor ole Gorb-Guy and see what he has to say about it(Or someone else of higher power), or if you don't like that.....DON'T PLAY THE GAME!!!!
Guess what...It now doesnt matter what server you go to, if they have the newest update the DM's can get into your inventory, so you might as well not even play at all Shadowleaf. And if your trying to single out Y for going into your inventory, what reason do you have? Has Y ever done something malicious to you within the game? The worst thing I've seen him do is run up to me in a Tidy Badger body and growl at me...oh my, should I ask for Y to be banned now? He's such a mean DM....oh noi, he growled at me.
I swear you people must have nothing better to do than try and torment others. It's like I said, if you have so much concern about it, PM a higher power within the game.
Oh, and guess what, even if a DM is "evil" enough to take everything away from you maliciously, another "good" Dm can actually give it all back. That's right, it's as easy as that. No real need to panic.
Oh....that is unless you can't think of the obvious.... icon_confused.gif
View users profile Send private message
Kindo
PostMon 06/23/03 6:34am
You don't seem to have the slightest idea how things are run here, do you, Hurin?  Reply with quote

Hurin
Master

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what...I've just read through this post again and you people are really sad. You turned everything Y has said around to meet what you wantmothers to hear. I didnt find anything about Y messing with your Chars if you reply to this....Only to those people that do not follow this simple rule.
This is the reason that Dyso is getting a bad name right now (Sorry Gorb, I'm not trashing Dyso, just pointing oput what I've personally witnessed). You people on these damn forums wreck the whole fun of the server/forum because you have nothing better to do than trash talk people. Who would want to come to a server/forum when you might get trashed at. And yes, other people from other servers are hearing about this kind of stuff.
Alot of people have put alot of hard work into this server and all you guy's have to say is "Oh, what an ass kisser, let's trash him" or "That damn Dm/player is on a power trip, ban him!"
I say your all lucky to still be here, the creators of this module have alot of patience putting up with your garbage.
Hurin
Master

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:
You don't seem to have the slightest idea how things are run here, do you, Hurin?

Yeah I do kindo, people like you stomp thier feet and cry until you get your way. It's very sad to see.
But, since you dont think I know how it is, why dont you fill me in with your wise judgements? I would love to know how things are run from your point of view.
p.s. make it a PM as your garbage has cluttered enough of this forum.
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still don't get it. Y is in no power whatsoever to decide a rule like this on his own. That's the whole point here. He can't do it. He shouldn't do it. The actual rule is a completely different issue. I too want a rule like this, I hate bullet-stacking. But that is not what I am ranting on about. Y got all high and might and thought he'd come up with a major rule like this, completely on his own, and threaten to mess-up any character not following that rule. That is what makes it wrong.

And I really don't think Y is in a position to police metagaming/powerlaming rules. If you are familiar with his character I think you know what I'm talking about. But I'll mention it anyway, just to add some more fuel to the fire. And you can bitch on me for it aswell.
Information.

Vampire
Lawful Good
Level 19 Sorcerer, Level 1 Paladin
50% immune to all
Custom-made uberpimp sword with holy attributes

Now, which percentage of wrong do you see there? Some of you might be familiar with some D&D core rules about vampires. Like for instance, a vampire must be chaotic evil or something (heck atleast not LG) and they cannot go near holy artifacts (such as Y's sword perhaps?). Oh and he made some pimpage to his resistance as you can see...50% to everything. Oh and let's not forget that really UN-lame multiclassing there. Oh my!
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing...I have lots of rules that I want implemented. When I was a DM, why do you think I didn't do that, just like Y has done here? I'll tell you why...

Because I am not allowed to do so!

This isn't how things are run here. New rules are first to be discussed amongst the moderators/DMs/admins and then if they come to a decision to form that rule, an announcement is made in the forums about the new rule, informing the players about it.

You have any idea how many rules I would have implemented if I was allowed to do that?
Hurin
Master

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...you got me there. Lawful good vamp paladin. No RP thought into that whatso ever. Yup, Y is on a power trip with that uber 50% resistance.

Well now...let me think....It's impossible to make a Lawful Evil Fallen Paladin with an Unholy Sword in the game so I think he did a pretty good job with what he's got. And I thought Resistance maxed out at 30%...correct me if I'm wrong.

And as for Y thinking this up on his own....Why are you aruing it when you agree with it? Does it truly matter if Y thought up of something to help the server? He didnt anounce that he is going to mess up peoples Chars for the hell of it, he said he's going to deal with those that try to screw around with the game (ie. stacking your inventory).
Remember, even though he thought of it on his own, it is a good thing....Why would you want to trash a DM for thinking of the server and the players? That's right Kindo, he did it to improve the quality of the server......He's not doing it to be mean.
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg

You still don't get it. He isn't allowed to come up with rules like this. What does it matter if I -- The Great Kindo -- think? What he SHOULD have done was to start a thread in the moderator forums. Explaining the problem, lining up arguments...and then the mods/dms/admins can discuss it...pros and cons about implementing a rule like that. (I know we had one a while back.) And then, if it turns out the majority of the administrative people think it would be good to make a rule like that, not until then, an announcement could be made. And viola! You have your rule.

What he did was wrong. He got a bit too confident with himself, and thought he could go play dictator on us. Well think again, the only ones really allowed to do that are Mitch or Brian.
Hurin
Master

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have lot's of rules you want implemented? Good, why not help the other DM's out. Why arent you helping Y out with this. Why arent you being constructive with this? Everyone obviously thinks it's a good rule...work with it. I do know there is a certain proceedure involved within the DM's.....but come on, something like this should be commonly accepted from the players without rules even being made.
Besides, we've yet to hear about this issue from the powers that be here....Perhaps we should wait and see what they have to say...ya think? I am guessing Y has contacted at least one other DM about this....yet no other Dm is putting this idea/rule down as a bad idea/rule......or maybe you guys scared them away icon_wink.gif (j/k)
Little Teapot
PostMon 06/23/03 7:12am
dude.... he consulted nobody. At all.  Reply with quote

Hurin
Master

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:
Omg

You still don't get it. He isn't allowed to come up with rules like this. What does it matter if I -- The Great Kindo -- think? What he SHOULD have done was to start a thread in the moderator forums. Explaining the problem, lining up arguments...and then the mods/dms/admins can discuss it...pros and cons about implementing a rule like that. (I know we had one a while back.) And then, if it turns out the majority of the administrative people think it would be good to make a rule like that, not until then, an announcement could be made. And viola! You have your rule.

All I can say is....who would turn down this idea Kindo? It's for the best of the server....And in the best interests of the players.

Another thing Kindo, this statement was all you really had to post in this forum, there was no need to make all the rest other that to trash talk.
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember why an implemenation of that rule was turned down the last time we discussed it.

It's 9:20 in the morning...and I haven't gone to bed yet. Bare with me. Now I must go eat, but I'll be more than happy to continue flaming with you later.

Tada
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurin, if you look at the first 2 posts you'll see why everyones in a peeve. First off theres real explanaton of what we've to do, second theres no explanation why, third we're not allowed to ask why. Now if thats not plain crap to you then I don't know what is.

Its easy enough to fix PP so that thieves can only steal items of weights under whatever, I get that put in Dyso before any rules that help theives are put in.
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurin wrote:

All I can say is....who would turn down this idea Kindo? It's for the best of the server....And in the best interests of the players.

Hurin wrote:

Everyone obviously thinks it's a good rule

Are you blind? I clearly stated I think its a bogus rule. Bullet stacking is the only counter measure possible against thieves for anyone who isn't rich.
Please read my posts against this rule.

Also here's another reason against it- good freaking luck implementing it. What are you going to do? run around looking in everyone's inventories for people carrying tons of bullets and no slings? How can you tell who's legitimently carrying bullets and who's not? You can't - your only option is remove bullets, arrows, and bolts from the game and give every ranged weapon unlimited ammo, which unfortunatly wouldnt work because it increases the level req. So as I said before, good luck implementing it.
Hurin
Master

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll hold off the rest of my thoughts....mostly because it's 1:30 in the morning and it's getting to togh to type half alseep with only one eye open icon_wink.gif. I am going to close it with this last little speah however.

I do not personally know Y, and I can honestly say he is not a freind of mine (Only because i dont know him). My wife, however, does know him through MSN and does chat with him all the time. The reason I have defended him so much is the fact that he loves to DM on Dyso, and he loves to do a good job for the players. That is all he talks about with my wife, and he usually feels really bad if something goes really wrong with his DM'ing. I do know he is really upset that so many people have gone againts him and not helped him, as he was doing this directly for the players. I would be hurt as well if I tried to do something for the server and it was thrown in my face. Remember, it was directed at certain players...not everyone. Y works hard at what he does, he's always telling my wife of new things he wants to plan for the players, he honestly doesnt plot againts anyone. I think if Dyso lost Y, the server would be losing a good deticated DM.
And if you think I'm defending Y because he's a friend of my wifes, think again. I stated what I've seen, and thats all.
Hurin
Master

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malakalam wrote:

Also here's another reason against it- good freaking luck implementing it.

I read your posts Mal and all I can say is it's those players that dont make an effort to do this that wreck the experience for other players.
And perhaps you should read my posts. I did mention my view on those people scared to be PP'ed. Hide in Elerina.....and if it's chain PP'ed, get a screenshot and contact a DM.
Malakalam
High Elder

XP
 45%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Well now...let me think....It's impossible to make a Lawful Evil Fallen Paladin with an Unholy Sword in the game so I think he did a pretty good job with what he's got. And I thought Resistance maxed out at 30%...correct me if I'm wrong.

19 levels of sorc != an attempt to make a lawful evil paladin

Edit: checking the monster manual - "Vampires are always chaotic evil, which causes characters of certain classes to lose thier class abilities... etc"
Malakalam
High Elder

XP
 45%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And perhaps you should read my posts. I did mention my view on those people scared to be PP'ed. Hide in Elerina.....and if it's chain PP'ed, get a screenshot and contact a DM.

Where? I just re-read the whole thread and I didn't see anything along that line of thought, only flames and screaming. Seriously, at least try to discuss this rationally. Y did several things that he shouldn't have, and made a rule that can't be implemented and serves only to confuse and piss off people.

Just because he had the best of intentions does not make it right.
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Y did several things that he shouldn't have, and made a rule that can't be implemented and serves only to confuse and piss off people.

Just because he had the best of intentions does not make it right.

Awesome points there, Malakalam. What does it matter if his intentions were good? It was wrong. He hasn't the power to do this on his own. And he's doing this as an act against lame metagaming or whatever you call it, and as seen on his latest character, he's no angel himself. In fact, I wouldn't hesitate to say that his lameness is much worse than some darn bullet-stacking.

Just look:

Character 1 fills two pages of inventory with bullets.

Character 2 creates a "vampire", makes it Lawful Good, bumps it up to level 19 sorceress, takes 1 level of paladin, then pimps himself out with the most leetage uber-items in the module, and makes himself a pimpzor sword.

I know which character I like the least.
Y

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really glad the true came out ...

ie this being about some thing that has being braking my heart for several weeks now. Personal greif, and sadness:

I am not going to reply to kindo or any other on there childish behabiour, they dont have a simgle idea of what they are talking about.
(NB:You dont want to start being personal on me, trust me there you dont.)

No my point is a lot deaper than there childish argument. and since you guys Steped flat foot into this, allow me to enlighten you.
People turn there love into dyso in some kind of selfish greediness ( it's mine my precious, my precious.. kind of thing). from a colegial emullated community of loving individuals. it started progessively to become a personal precious thing.
some leaving saying there former love was a bitch, some leaving sad about seing there former freinds losing there mind, some staying to try to get there "precious" to be the only true lover, some staying because they were to weak to leave, some stayed hoping to gain influence.

well this is really really sad for me to see day after day.

expecialy when you see newplayers comming to dyso full of energy and love, enjoying there self being so enthousiatic about the mod ( even if it aint perfect ).
what a sad spectacle to you show them. a spectacle that only contribute into turning them just like you.

that's all i have to say. enjoy...
Ogt
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"ogt rolls in laughter"

personally i would ban from the forums anyone that doesnt even have 20 years old yet, hahahahahah

or make them their special kinder garden forum where they can whine and bitch all they want

1.- griff why would i lick someone's ass, im god himself ffs.

2.- since kindo and most whinners are -20 yrs old i wouldnt care what they have to say so just ignore em like Y did

and

3.- oh yeah giving mod powers to people that cant even go drink in a bar, lol what are you thinking? ban them too! this guys dotn even grow hair in the balls yet and you make em mods, etc "laughs hard"

Y IS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!
Shadowleaf
Hero

XP
 1%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Hurin: I am not turning Y's statements against him. I simply do not trust him any longer because he hasn't been making sense. Also, if Y likes to play all characters, why would he be so hard on real archers?

BTW: Hurin, if you missunderstand and call me a whiner or something, I would have to say that you are turning my words around.

Oh and by the way, if this craziness continues im gonna snap like ogt apparenly has icon_lol.gif

Edit: ok so i took out some stuff i decided i dont want t ohave here anymore

Last edited by Shadowleaf on Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total
Shadowleaf
Hero

XP
 1%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k me and Y exchanced a couple PM's and now i understand where hes going, dont worry guys its not as bad as it seems he just wants to crack down on ppl with a totally insane ammount of horded items so jus tdotn do it, instead stay at least 5 feet from any halfing you see (works for me) icon_lol.gif
Uin
PostMon 06/23/03 11:44am
Theres no point in adding this rule until theres a PP script which only allows small items to be PPed, apparently its a piece of piss to add.  Reply with quote

Shadowleaf
Hero

XP
 1%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it depends if there is even a function to get the wieght. if there is they should also make it not steal the ammo, that would fix it. btw: i think chain pp is fixed in 1.30, if some1 could varify this that would be awsome

EDIT: found the function:

// Gets the weight of an item, or the total carried weight of a creature.
// - oTarget: the item or creature for which the weight is needed
int GetWeight(object oTarget=OBJECT_SELF)

so it would be easy to script! icon_biggrin.gif
Aronthal
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 5 / 27 EXP: 5 / 27 EXP: 5 / 27
 18%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first thought as I started reading this thread is that it must be April 1st. But of course it is actualy June, so that can't be it.

My next thought is that someone that is upset with Dyso and/or Y, hijacked his account and has been posting as him. I've known Y to always be at least somewhat rational and intelligent, so to be honest the posts just did not sound as if they came from him.

But I also always thought Hurin at least had an ounce of common sense. Furthermore I've never know him to be such a brown noser. But the odds that we have two impostors seems to be a bit low.

Conclusion, I still want a shipment of whatever Y is smoking. icon_smile.gif
Tae
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20
 85%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of someone who's scripting a bank system with a small bank mod that allows you to withdraw both items and gold for a small transaction fee. Designers can customize whether the bank is stealable. Appears about 90% complete (poor guy's been working on it for 3 months). He's anal about code, so should be pretty robust. Will be worth considering adding to the mod. That might ameliorate some of the issues raised.

Tae icon_razz.gif
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: