DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

About the new guild item and guildhouse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> League of Shadows (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: About the new guild item and guildhouse Reply with quote

Okay, here is the current information on our guildhouse and item:

Guild Item - Shadow Key. Allows access to the guildhouse. You cannot gain entrance without it. Special Use - Can be used once per day and lasts 5 minutes real time (1 hour game time). It gives the following bonuses:

+5 Attack Bonus
50% Concealment
+20 to most rogue skills

Guildhouse - Has a central area with tables and chairs where we can have meetings, and has 3 shops:

Rogue Shop - Sells all singleplayer items you would associate with rogues. For example, rings of the rogue, thieves tools, shadow legion armor, weapon finesse melee weapons etc etc. Falk is also adding some custom robes in that are just variants of the dark moon robe.

Hock Shop - buys your stolen goods for a slightly better price than the one in eleriina.

Trap Shop - Sells all traps for a discount price.

The guildhouse has not been added into Dyso yet, but will hopefully be there soon.

Also, we need to devise some sort of test that new members must take in order to be allowed to join. If you have any suggestions about this please post here.

Griff
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new item and house sound really cool. Finally! We've been waiting for em for like... a year?

The test would cover some basics or something? Not exceptional, just like the basics in all skills. It can't be too hard. Like you need to do a successful PP on an equal leveled player, break into one of the Eleriina houses and steal the loot there, stalk an equal level player for an hour or two (game time), maybe plant a trap somewhere...you know, all without being caught and stuff. It's pretty basic, not that hard to think of. But sure, maybe someone can come up with something more advanced. I'm sure you could add some more spicy tests if a DM is present. Discuss a bit with him and you can have a more advanced quest/test. But then again, that would be a bit annoying if a DM has to be available for every wannabe member.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
richard goldthumb
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 10 / 22 EXP: 10 / 22 EXP: 10 / 22
 45%
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha testing he

let me do that please please i'm full with testing idea's icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif

pleasepleaseplease bow.gif bow.gif

*sits back takes a smoke and thinks of aaaaal the things she can do*
View users profile Send private message
Azaziel Seirim
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 1 / 14 EXP: 1 / 14 EXP: 1 / 14
 7%
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Kindo said about tests sounded good - we can watch as the new member performs a task, grade them on grace, style, eloquence and the like. Maybe set some (reasonably obvious) traps in their way etc. I would probably avoid tests of skillpoints with a pp the other guy type thing, unless it involves finding and tracking them first.

Cant wait to see a guildhouse... and that trap shop.. Hmm.. even noticed a "create trap" feat has turned up now (though its inactive).. interesting times.
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since a lot of people will suddenly want to join us, I'm thinking that many will just join to get the item and guild house privelages and not care too much about the guild. This is what I want to avoid. I'm thinking of re-testing almost everyone in the guild and making a few new stricter rules that will sort the genuine members from the power eaters. I hope most of you will understand.

Griff

Last edited by Griff Inn on Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> League of Shadows (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: