DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Everything is bugged...

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: Everything is bugged... Reply with quote

I've given up on dyso, I can't do anything without bugs but I will start to list them...

Soul seekers auto kill anything they touch, infinite checks vs death after a hit which either crashes your game or kills you when you eventually fail one.

Topaz spawns overspawning and majorly lagging server certain ones work when others won't.

If a Skeletal Knight uses his death ray and hits a badger....bye bye server, seen it happen twice

There are other things I can't think of now but its getting ridiculous This SoU update has screwed up all the code I think. Anyway just posting it because I'm jkinda frustrated after losing and hours worth of xp because of lag/bug combos. I've spent most of it waiting to respawn after this or that.
Glith
The Wanderer

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 23 / 33 EXP: 23 / 33 EXP: 23 / 33
 69%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya Scorp...

Those are some very specific issues - and in 3.14 (coming tonight / tomorrow morning) -

* SoulSeekers are gone from the Rift Gates

* Conrad has re-done many of the encounters for better balance

* I'll check the Topaz Spawns

* and this is the first I heard of the skeleton / death ray / badger / crash issue. For now, the Death Ray is gone.

THanks!

Glith

Mood of the Moment:
"I Feed the Pidgeons - I Sometimes Feed the Sparrows too. It gives me a sense of enormous well-being."
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glorin
PostSat 06/28/03 5:46pm
ohhh glith u so crazayy

Go Glith i love you

Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the SoU server:

-Constant famine, even when 0% hungry. On death due to famine just click wait for help and you can keep on walking/killing/whatever you were doing. Big nuisance though.

-Might be just me, but when there's noone in the server my client crashes on loading of the char screen. After a crash and restart of the client the server shows 1 person active (other connection didn't time out yet) and I can log in safely.

-A level 7 barbarian character, which I can't remember the name of right now, was added to my character listing.

-Rest won't work for a 2nd time, at least not until the server had a restart. In combination with point 1 this might suggest that the timer isn't functioning properly.

-Interesting sidenote: The death notice of famine (as stated in point 1) appeared as soon as at the character selection screen. icon_wink.gif

Last edited by Nefiorim on Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
Sarah
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 4 / 49 EXP: 4 / 49 EXP: 4 / 49
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another person and I were talking ooc today, and we've both realized that after level 10, neither one of us has gotten hungry or tired... I mean, we rest because we're hurt, but if we go a long time without resting, it never says anything.... very odd.
Tae
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20
 85%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to this is a visibility bug. Sometimes, I am unable to see players or monsters. They are not invisible or hiding. Resting does not help, but true seeing, exiting the game and sometimes leaving the area does.

Tae icon_razz.gif
Norrec
PostSun 06/29/03 3:00pm
I was going to get SoU today... with all these bugs tho, might have to wait.  Reply with quote

AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tae wrote:
To add to this is a visibility bug. Sometimes, I am unable to see players or monsters. They are not invisible or hiding. Resting does not help, but true seeing, exiting the game and sometimes leaving the area does.

LoL i got that same bug...just logged out and fixed it..but at first i didnt know what tha hell was going on...EVERYTHING was invised!!!!!!! hahaha

anyways....

and i dont know if this is a bug or not...but tha other day i was in tha Lost Woods just playin with tha elfys and i seen tha Rangers and Tha mages attacking and killin eachother hahaha not just once i seen it alot...they would get into these scuffles and one or tha other would die hahah
Nefiorim
PostSun 06/29/03 7:30pm
Yeah Soulseekers (they're NOT gone!!) turn on themselves as well icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliZee' wrote:
Tae wrote:

LoL i got that same bug...just logged out and fixed it..but at first i didnt know what tha hell was going on...EVERYTHING was invised!!!!!!! hahaha

anyways....

and i dont know if this is a bug or not...but tha other day i was in tha Lost Woods just playin with tha elfys and i seen tha Rangers and Tha mages attacking and killin eachother hahaha not just once i seen it alot...they would get into these scuffles and one or tha other would die hahah

Invis monsters: I seriously doubt that this is a Dyso-only bug. More like a temporary glitch in the video graphics when loading a monster or other model. BioWare?

Lost wood fights: The elves in Lost Woods are of different factions. I think Rangers are like friendly, and mages are hostile. In any case, they've been attacking eachother for as far as I can remember.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glith
The Wanderer

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 23 / 33 EXP: 23 / 33 EXP: 23 / 33
 69%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Yeah Soulseekers (they're NOT gone!!) turn on themselves as well

They will be in the version that will be uploaded in a little bit... icon_smile.gif

Mood of the Moment:
"I Feed the Pidgeons - I Sometimes Feed the Sparrows too. It gives me a sense of enormous well-being."
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note for you guys...

Arkania experienced huge issues with the 1.3 patch. Scripts for quests no longer worked right, it didn't check for the returning quest items and you got the xp and gold even if you didn't do the quest. Also spells cast under level 3 sorcerer caused player switching similar to the lag induced player switching.

We went to SoU after only about 10 days on the 1.3 patch and most of the bugs went away.

The 1.3 patch is a really crappy piece of code.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
PostTue 07/01/03 4:38pm
What she said. Going to full-on SoU was like Day to Night.  Reply with quote

Y

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really interesting comment..

but it reallymake me wonder what went wrong.

sever 1.3 and server sou are THE SAME
the difference are in link to ressources
if Sou is detected additional ressources are linked and enabled.

THE trouble you can run into is IF you use SoU specific ressources while having NWN connected *looks* at the guilty DM icon_wink.gif
gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that is what they are saying... but it doesn't appear to be the truth. SoU servers will not allow any non-SoU to connect... so how can the two be EXACTLY the same ? They aren't.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

directory data: patch.bif for nwn
xp1_** .bif for sou

main directory key file patch.key or xp1.key
those file contain link to the different ressource of the bif.
and a few .exe
a quit compare will show you that those exe(sou and 1.3) are identical !
the true is eslse where
if you play with those file you will find that

if a xp1.key file is found in the directory (even a wrong one, (as long as it's header is corect)) the main exe will 'switch' to SoU mode ans ask for 2 CDKEY

this show that the CD key check is not trigered or in the SoU data, but within the routine of the exe.

Now if you use the SoU key and rename it as patch.key (and copy the right data in the data dir)
and then run NWN icon_biggrin.gif you will get NWN able to access SoU data !!
and only ask you one cdkey. I was able as DM to spawn SoU creature etc etc
online with only one cdkey. (while plain vanilia non tweaked NWN were not able to see those monster and crashed)

Great you are saying... I can play Sou only with one CD Key... well not so fast

there are 2 issues:
Issue n1 : if you are in NWN mode the game wont let you access the new class
this could be solve by a small crack: enabling the Sou linkage with only NWN
but there is Issue n2
Server need to be patched as well cause it also check for 2 cds keys if he found the xp1.key files

anyway. ... some player already managed to have the "prestice class" as an NWN hak pack...

who cares about all this anyway...
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last post was succinct because I didn't want to repeat what I've already said in another post somewhere. But here goes:

Besides the body-jumping that Gaea pointed out, I personally had two other major things happen:
1. My character had ALL the requirements for Assassin, but could not take it (I double-checked this in the single-player campaign by duplicating my Arkania character exactly via cheats, and I could then pick Assassin just fine).
2. My character could choose Circle Kick, but then after clicking 'OK' at the end of leveling up, got the message "[Server]: Character does not have the prerequisite Feats for the chosen Feat" and had to level up all over again.

I immediately stopped playing with this character - I mean, I didn't even finish leveling up - until after Kane fully upgraded to SoU, and both of those problems went away. Since these both have to do with how the game engine treats a normal character doing a normal leveling up (I wasn't a Arkania-specific type of PC, as in like a different Race or SubRace or something - just a plain ol' Human Monk), I would think this was more to do with the 1.30 patch itself than the MOD.

But that's just me, I could be wrong.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think this was more to do with the 1.30 patch itself than the MOD

were you able to recreate those bug on other 1.3 server ?
if not => likely kane's specific
Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a funny thing can be made:
create a module with SOU, save it

copy the saved module module to a PC with NWN(only)
try to have NWN server run the module...

wont work, in the log you will see this module cant be run cause it has been created by a newer wersion of NWN.

Ok, now create a copy of your patch.key in your nwn directory
rename it xp1.key

rerun your server...
MIRACLE IT WORKS !!!
Romulus II
Mortal

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 3 / 11 EXP: 3 / 11 EXP: 3 / 11
 27%
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dout this is a bug but sometimes when iv laid a trap it seems to be placed in a realy strange possiton, sometimes being a hollow triangle ect icon_eek.gif
and also doesnt go off when someone walks over it and worse i cant pick it up again *wail*

More importantly however, the reshaped red dragon armour looks almost the same as regular dragon armour icon_cry.gif i bought it just for the hell of it since i had normal dragon armour anyway, but how am i ment to show off my wealt if no one can notice the difference! icon_sad.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: